PDA

View Full Version : Join us for chat- September's cafe Michelangelo

artbyjune
09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
:thumbsup: Hi all. We have some great projects for this month...so its shaping up really well, art-wise!!

Join us to talk about your recent art and anything else going on in your life that you'd like to share.

See you later:D

trafford
09-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi :wave:

Can't seem to get started this month. The weather is beautiful, and I get up and just wander about doing a little of this and that.

There are so many projects this month that I want to do and have a table all laid out with paper, sketch books, paints and a bunch of repros and there they lie. I hope the call of Pyle, Fauves and Chagall, all favorites, will inspire me soon.

I have been going through some old video tapes, in the hopes of getting rid of some, and found quite a few documentarys, that I'd taped off the TV a long time ago. Surrealists and Avant Garde. Interviews and film of artists long gone. Had such fun watching them and since they are in pretty good shape, I guess I'll hold onto them.

So that's where I am at the moment. Everyone else in this forum seems to be painting, drawing, posting and having a great old time. Hope some of their energy spills over on me. :( :lol:

artbyjune
09-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I sympathise, Janet. I haven't started on anything yet either and yet Chagall and the Fauves especially are very interesting subjects for me. I've looked at some paintings and utube...but that's it. I think sometimes too much choice can just grind you to a halt. Still, we can always post work AFTER the deadlines...

lovin art
09-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Dont dispair Ladies, for this to shall pass,:) somtimes life does get in the way abit but i make myself make time for my art or it would never be the me time i need to take me away from the everyday grind of life.:D

Sandra.

trafford
09-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Well, here we are almost at the end of the month again. I am feeling better as the weather has cooled down and fall is in the air.

I seem to be joining things lately. Joined Facebook, though I'm not sure why. I have hardly any friends, and the groups I'm interested in have few members :lol: Someone in Wet Canvas mentioned shelfari.com in one of the threads, a book group, so I joined that. I think it's pretty new, but since I love to read this one may pan out.

Have written one paragraph on my blog and my etsy store needs a revamp. Plenty of time in the winter months for all that.

Am looking forward to all the artist projects coming up here and hob-nobbing with all of you....and we will be getting Azul/Robin back in October, I hope. :clap:

Keep doing ART....Janet

artbyjune
09-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Here's my facebook page, Janet, if you want to link up.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=804089487

lovin art
09-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone, Janet took a look at your etsy store, your art is wonderful and i love all the Witches paintings, i have heard of facebook my sister uses it. June your blog is great, i loved your peice called 'Fantasy island' very lovely.
I was away for the weekend at the Impressionist art show on loan from the Met Gallary. it was so nice to soak up the beauty of these wonderful peices of art saw a lot of Mary Cassat's work it was stunning.

Sandra

trafford
09-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Want to get a couple of paintings done before the end of the month, but suddenly find myself with facebook and two blogs and am just beginning to get with it.

I have a blog for growing up in NYC and another for my art work. I really needed a blog for dummies book....the simplest things were giving me fits. When I post a bit more in them I'll put them in my signature here. :confused:

And how was your September? :lol:

trafford
09-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Meant to thank you lovin for visiting my store and liking my witches. Guess I'll keep them in there til the end of October...and then it will be almost ho,ho,ho time. :heart:

artbyjune
09-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Hi everyone. I finally got the Wanda gag book 'Millions of cats' from the interloan. Its very good to see the lay-out of text with images. Nice story too. Rather late for the Gag project. And I have not managed to do anything for the Pyle project...so far.

We have Merlin (with Anthony Head) back on TV and I like that!

Its getting darker in the mornings and at nights but its still fairly warm (by UK standards), so can't complain.

Sandra (lovinart), thanks for your comment on my fantasy piece on my blog. I stop and restart that blog when the mood takes me.

Looking forward to seeing your blog, Janet.

azulparsnip
09-27-2009, 10:59 AM
oh, have I ever missed you guys.......The ole rhyme "all work and no play make Jack a dull boy" is sooooo true........just three more days of September and I'll be back.....the floors are almost done, had alot of rain the last 10 days but the last 3 days of Sept are to be sunny and warm.....good days to put on the last coats of varnish.
Janet, please put me on as a contact when you get on Facebook. My you ARE doing alot just keeping up with all the computer contacts. It takes alot of time.
June, I think Wanda is a definite "repeater". That looks like a good TV show. Haven't seen it though. We just discovered Office a few months ago and are just lovin' it...(the American version, haven't see the Brits yet)
Sandra, Impressionist show sounds like a cool breath of air, They are so awesome in real life that the Prints I see now just fall flat.

trafford
09-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Robin, your floors are gorgeous. Gorgeous, but a lot of work, I bet. You really lead the artistic life.

I'm so glad you are almost back. October should be an exciting month. :heart: