PDA

View Full Version : Exhibitions, whats in a name?

Christine Mallaband
09-02-2002, 03:19 PM
I had a pleasant surprise on friday my local paper has run a short article about my forthcoming exhibition, (and I sound MUCH better than I am- really!) But It happened as usual . They cant spell my name!
does everyone else have this problem?
I didnt know about it till after it was published- and they didnt ask me if I agreed with it or not....what say do we have in things like this, I feel great to be aknowledged, but on the otherhand- they could have written anything they liked... Several years ago when I was mentioned in an article the writer said if I wanted to be a photorealist I should try harder! WELL FOR HIS INFORMATION- I did not want to be a photorealist- and never had any ambition to be!
Its strange - even after 10 years that still rankles!
So what do you think?
Yes No, maybe-any horror stories???!!:confused:

llis
09-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Sigh.... Well, maybe if you write them a note, they will run the article again with corrections. How cool would that be?

Congratulations! I'm proud for you.

Christine Mallaband
09-02-2002, 07:18 PM
You are right of course ! I think I was just having a "moan", sorry, ignore me. its not that important, I'm just getting myself wound up for no reason!
Thanks for your very sensible suggestion. I will think before I get het up in future!
lol Chris:rolleyes:

llis
09-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Chris:

It is important.... very important that the paper gets your name right. I think they will want to correct this for you.

Don't worry about moaning.... you were right to do that. My sigh was for the newpaper... not you. :)

Now...get busy and get that correction printed.

MOM

Christine Mallaband
09-03-2002, 01:12 PM
Just found them on the web- so emailed them!
thanks for your support!
Chris:D

surreal
09-05-2002, 12:23 PM
Chris,
It is a lovely write-up.
You have alot to feel proud of.
Congratulations!

I have had my name mispelled too at least twice.

:)

Christine Mallaband
09-05-2002, 05:20 PM
I will try not to PANIC!:o

CarlyHardy
09-15-2002, 06:32 PM
That's one of the reasons I began using my nickname on all my art!
I have been called Carolyn, Caroline, Carline, Carlyle, and Carylene!

Yes the paper should make their corrections...but don't be surprised if its one line on the 26th page between ads for rental property!!

Great write-up...most folks won't notice the name difference when they see your work!
carly

Christine Mallaband
09-15-2002, 06:39 PM
No response to the email, and when I rang the paper to get it into the whats on section they didnt seem very bothered, oh well I tried, what I must do is concentrate on getting more work into galleries and exhibitions. I dont want to be damien hurst after all. And yes it was a nice write up. Perhaps I am being too picky!
Anyway, the gallery have booked me again for next august, so thats a start. And Im not really well known- except to myself. I shall go placidly as in the desiderata!
Lol Chris M-B
PS I will post if I actually sell anything!