GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Confetti Forest
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Nothing like repainting it several times to get texture... put it in a mostly ultra realist Guild show with some others works... extreme contrast in styles could be a good thing... I have no fear!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything?

Miranda_Asch
08-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Wow! This is a riot of colour! I'd love to see this up close. Great colour, great style, great composition. Well done!

cbcarnell
08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
I like viewing this up close, as well as standing back from my monitor. This is great!

creatividee
08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
What a fun painting!!! It certainly shows the happy side of nature! Not your run of the mill landscape === truly art!

Corby
08-24-2009, 10:29 PM
stunning! It ought to drive the realists over the edge! This is seeing with the artists eye!

itsajem
08-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks Miranda, "Riot of color" :lol:, Been trying to push the method to see where I can take it.

Thanks Claire, :)

Dee, "truely art" :eek: , :heart: Thank You!

Thanks Corby, "It ought to drive the realists over the edge!" ... Luckly as artist's we all have a great appreciation of the artist's passion for art, and the work when we see through the artist's eyes, whether realistic or another style. On the other hand sometimes we just can't understand it:lol: , I Thank You All :wave:

loriharding
08-25-2009, 02:02 PM
this is so cool. It makes me feel good just to look at it. That IS the idea, right?

yarddog
08-26-2009, 02:04 PM
as one of those chained to reality.....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Aug-2009/182771-cellsmiley.gif I so envy your freedom.....
I think the composition is great....there is just enough of everything...in just the right places....
your style is unmistakable...and very pleasing....yd

itsajem
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks Lori, yes, and it's also good to hear I'm still making happy art!

Thanks yd, chained to any academic method is not at all a bad thing, some of the most amazing paintings are generated from them!

"comp", "just enough", "right places" Thanks I just spend weeks on end until every square inch has been paid attention to, and until I can live with it without wanting to changing something.

greensyster
08-27-2009, 02:45 AM
I would love to ask whether you are near sighted and finished this without the aid of external lens cos without question it is wonderful and as one moves away from it it increases in dimensionality.