GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: KingFisher
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This picture was taken while the paint was still wet so some of that gloss will go away.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Composition, colour, and those two little dots on the kingfisher by the branch which were to represent feet in a very loose manor..too vague?? take them out al togeather or just add a bit of detail?

Suvi
08-15-2009, 10:26 PM
the "feet" have been painted out, still deciding if i should add some back..??

greensyster
08-15-2009, 10:34 PM
First thing to do is wipe off your signature. You and I both know you haven't finished this work, don't we? An honourable little bird devoid of feet? Never! Hang the expense and give him a couple.

1. Do you think the bird looks 'stuck' onto the background and the branch?
2. With the dull sun being behind the footless birdie, would it's chest be so well lit and would it not caste a shadow onto the branch upon which it will sit when you give it some feet?
3. Did you plan this work out in advance before starting to paint? If so. go back and look at your notes and see what deviations you may have taken.

Don't mean to be harsh but you have made these same mistakes before and I think you are a better painter than that.

Corby
08-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I love the attitude of that bird! Are you gonna give him an eye? I must admit he is quite attractive without it...

Suvi
08-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Greensyster... That wasnt harsh at all, I appreciate the comments and you definitally had me chuckling at the thought of leaving the birdie without feet!! :lol: Back to the easel to give a poor lil birdie some feet and a shadow!! :D

Suvi
08-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Corby, I am undecided about an eye...I quite like it as it and Im leaning towards leaving it that way, I think giving it an eye would take away from the image..

Corby
08-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I am inclined to agree!

Suvi
08-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks Corby! its nice to have that assurance!! I have always loved watching these birds fish, but was always to timid to try and paint them, trying to capture their unique attitude..Im sure glad i decided to today!! a few adjustments and I think I might have it...

Suvi
08-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Just a quick request for someone with photoshop...I would like to see what this lil birdie would look like with an eye but my computer with photoshop crashed..and the best editor I have onthis one is paint:crying: If someone has a change would you be able to doa mock up for me? if not I will just have to suck itup and take some paint to it! (or a black dot of paper.. :p ) Thanks!!