PDA

View Full Version : Self-Portrait with Halo (Self-Portrait at 21, No. 4)

Busik12
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Self-Portrait with Halo (Self-Portrait at 21, No. 4)
Collage and acrylic on canvas
48 x 72 in.

I'm not too sure about this one... Any comments and critiques are appreciated!

La_
08-13-2009, 02:59 PM
well i am warming up to these ... like the gasket! and the hands! overall comp is cool ... i wonder if it does intentionally tilt to the right? or is that the pic.

la

DanaLJensen
08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Really nice composition.... the overall feeling I get is kind of a business tie! Not a criticism by any means!! :)
Like the muting of the mouth, really drawn to look there and at the eyes.
Nice piece!

Busik12
08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Thank you for the comments.

As for the tilt, I believe that it is the photograph. I did not catch it until you said it. Here is another picture:

Bright Eyes
08-14-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm not so good with this type of work but I think making the "halo" pattern a little more solid would make the whole piece a little more stable. It looks like that is what you where going for because you have the window sill pattern there which is more calmed down then the surrounding pattern, but I think it needs to be mellowed out just a tad more so that the difference between the background and the person isn't so stark and unsetteling.

crazywoman53
08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I find this very interesting in that the whole image reminded me of the front of a steam train engine. Neat idea..

yarddog
08-15-2009, 02:13 PM
these are so interesting.....I wonder what your self-portraits at 51 will look like...will your canvas be large enough...?
I do think the crookedness of the windows in the halo from all the other straight lines is a bit distracting....
perhaps it is meaningful?......yd