MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-11-2009/195081_favola4.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Favola
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: cm 20x30
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
watercolor of newfaundland

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
critique

crazywoman53
08-12-2009, 02:48 PM
This is quite nice. Love the look in his/her eyes! The tongue appears a little bit on the hard side to me but I don't know why. Perhaps one of the other friends here will comment.

Dana Design
08-12-2009, 02:51 PM
I think you've caught the spirit of the Newfie spot on! Constantly watching and alert to what's happening. This is very good.

I do think that you could 'pink' up his tongue a bit. More color.

nic002volleyball
08-13-2009, 06:51 AM
I think you did a great job - the Newfie definately shows character!

- only a couple suggestions.

What did catch my eye right away was the tongue....it seems a bit off with the rest of the symetrical features of the Dog's face / mouth. And with the eyes being so vibrant - I think if you added a bit more colour to the tongue slightly - it would balance it much better as well. Hope this helps :)

rata_raj
08-13-2009, 07:03 AM
WOW!!! Quite Nice .......

tgsloth
08-13-2009, 08:20 AM
I think it's amazing to be able to capture a dark form with fur so beautifully in watercolor. Personally I don't like vignetted portraits but that's just a choice and it certainly is no artistic criticism. Did you really do this one in '93? Where's it been hiding?

enrico
08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
I think it's amazing to be able to capture a dark form with fur so beautifully in watercolor. Personally I don't like vignetted portraits but that's just a choice and it certainly is no artistic criticism. Did you really do this one in '93? Where's it been hiding?
some years ago I illustrated a book on the newfoundland. the book was published also in Oregon from the doral publishing.
the newfoundland
writer Emma Bruno

yarddog
08-15-2009, 03:31 PM
especially like the unfinished treatment on the bottom....
what a good way to finish off the subject......yd

cjorgensen
08-15-2009, 04:26 PM
I think the tongue could use a little more pink too. The whole dog looks lovable and cuddly, but the tongue looks somewhat like cardboard. I think pink would help it look like it's about to give you a big dog kiss.