GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: First every watercolour
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 9x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is my first every water colour. I just started putting paint to paper and this is what I came up with. I realize it is primitive but for what every reason I was pleased with the results and wanted to share it. I have also include in this post the last collage I made.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Is it common not to have a plan in your head before you paint? It seems to me every time I start either collages now this watercolour I have no plan and it just does it's self. I just provid the hands and matrial.

Gilberte
08-31-2002, 02:33 PM
It happens a lot to me not to have a plan before starting to paint and as I get along I discover things which I then work out. In your watercolor I see a bear ??????

jerryW
08-31-2002, 10:33 PM
you have a great feel for shapes and contrasting color, and have made an interesting abstract looking painting.
I may have to revise my vision of the universe after this.

Pam B.
09-02-2002, 03:48 AM
I may have to revise my vision of the universe after this

With you on this one........ nevertheless it takes enormous courage to let be what is and perhaps there is enormous theraputic value here not to mention learning. Both pieces are interesting.

Maybe it depends on what you want from the painting. If you wanted to paint something specific you would obviously have a plan if it is to let your emotions out or whatever I guess you just start and see what happens.:cat:

maxdawn
09-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Well I must admit every-time I try and do a painting with a idea in mind I never like the results, but this time I just went at to see what I would see, I stopped when I like it. I realize it is primitive but it still pleased me. Some day I'd like to know what I am doing....LOL....until then I'll just keep trying and enjoying myself. Please do remember I have no training.....in the arts.....I don't understand the artist terms...ie....color value and all that but thanks to everyones patience I am learning and in time maybe produce something akin to really art.......