PDA

View Full Version : still life

enrico
08-10-2009, 04:18 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-10-2009/195081_still_life.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: still life
Year Created:
Medium: Tempera
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 50x40 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
egg tempera

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
impression

allanom
08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Wonderful rendering and use of the medium. Terrific understanding of light and shadow. A beauty in all respects. Congratulations!

crazywoman53
08-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Very Realistic looking and beautifully painted.

TScottDove
08-10-2009, 07:05 PM
It doesn't get much better than this.
Breathtaking.
Really.

sarasotanan
08-10-2009, 07:53 PM
This is my first time trying to critique on wet canvas, just clicked on this one because it was a still life something I know a little about. I am thrilled, it is excellent - realism at it's finest.

sarasotanan
08-10-2009, 07:54 PM
:clap:This is my first time trying to critique on wet canvas, just clicked on this one because it was a still life something I know a little about. I am thrilled, it is excellent - realism at it's finest.

aspenman
08-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Beautiful work - fantastic realism - I say BRAVO!

billmahler
08-10-2009, 11:19 PM
If an excellent rendering of the subject is what you were after, you got it - it's masterful in every detail.
That said, Im not getting a clear emotional response from the painting. I think that's because the composition is so focused on the oranges and the leaves and doesn't tell us much about the world around them.
A stronger composition and design world help I think.

tali
08-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Agreed. I also think some more variety in the handling of the edges might add a little spirit to the painting, but I am unsure of the limitations and capabilities of egg tempera, so I may be wrong. The reflected light on the top orange may be a bit too light and overstated.

Having said all that, this is a marvelous show of skill, talent and precision, and patience! The palette is well chosen for the subject, making this a calming and contemplative piece. The handling of the color temperatures to show form is enviable—I can almost smell those oranges! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Corby
08-11-2009, 12:55 AM
It is a masterpiece.

MRSBB
08-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Oh my, this is so beautiful. I agree it is a masterpiece. You are very gifted, I so enjoy this piece of art. By the way, welcome to the forum.........Lenore

tbolt
08-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Yummy, show more of your talent please

D.W. Flint
08-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Wow!!!

enrico
08-11-2009, 02:55 AM
If an excellent rendering of the subject is what you were after, you got it - it's masterful in every detail.
That said, Im not getting a clear emotional response from the painting. I think that's because the composition is so focused on the oranges and the leaves and doesn't tell us much about the world around them.
un' orchestra is played from several instruments. all must not have the same intensity of the first one violino.

yarddog
08-12-2009, 02:43 AM
boy are we lucky that you found this forum....welcome
I'm pretty blown away by your first post.....I anxiously await your second.....yd