GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: dancing
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I don't put my work often in Critique center but here is painting just finished it---- this is korean tradition dancing --- Any comments welcome

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any comments

crazywoman53
08-11-2009, 01:17 AM
I am not familiar with Korean dancing but I really like the use of color and the movement you have created in this. The one thing that bothers me though is the arms. I am not sure if that is the costume or it is the arms that are not formed right. Either way it distracts my eye from the beauty of the simple form of the body. It is almost like the arms morph into some kind of alien thing. I don't mean to be harsh because the rest of the painting I really like but perhaps if you explained the arm thing you have going on here it would make it better for me.

MRSBB
08-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Hi Lee and welcome to the forum. I don't think I have seen you posting before. I also like the colors in the costume but have to agree on the arms. Could you explain what is going on? Look forward to more of your art......Lenore

Corby
08-11-2009, 01:37 AM
The arms have been mentioned so I wont mention them! :wink2: I just wanted to comment on the beautiful abstract patterns created by your composition. The color is just beautiful and the texture! A real winner.

lee1958
08-11-2009, 12:16 PM
This is original photo for this painting --- I tried to Simplifies the movement, colors and the line for this unusual dancing form. ------ Arm seems not formed right because I wanted to express arm like feather and freely flowing on air
Maybe this painting is not right formed about arm structure but it fits the impression which I intend

yarddog
08-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Hi lee1958....what a wonderfully colorful painting this is......
I think you have indeed captured the movement of the dance....
your ref shows her dress to have many folds and wrinkles.....
yet you have smoothed them all out to create a whole new feel....I think it works better than the ref......
I think that if you were to treat the arms of her dress the same way......
it would make them look as good as the rest of her costume.....good show.....yd

lee1958
08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I retouched the arm and here is!
How do you think ?