PDA

View Full Version : the prince of darkness

valentine girl
08-08-2009, 02:24 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-08-2009/143385_DSC01214ozzy.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: the prince of darkness
Year Created:
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 12x16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
portrait of ozzy osbo<br>e

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
here is a portrait of ozzy. please comment on my work. when i begin a new piece, i try to use everything i've lea<br>ed from past critiques

Ronni
08-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Ok, generally it is very nice, it expresses the character, wonderful pose of hands and drawn well. few critiques: the fact his head is turned, doesn't mean earth stops pulling his hair perpendicular to ground :). the weight of hair is not felt.
the pale blue on coat is too "squarey" and against the organic nature of the figure and jacket. It also competes too much the background That area is weak also for the cut sleeve which looks sharp, flat and has no feel of roundness of his hand inside. The white square is too noisy. It is an inside shadowed area, and doesn't have such importance in the story. I would prefer the signiture horisontal, to balance his diagonal pose and cause more stability of the whole.

tgsloth
08-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Ronni has said it all.
Can that guy actually sing or is it just about the outrageousness?

TScottDove
08-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Very good likeness.
Agree with what's been already said.
I also prefer to see work go all the way to the edge of the piece.

yarddog
08-09-2009, 02:44 AM
mumble-mumble.....cool mumble-mumble drawing....good mumble-mumble likeness....
......what Ronnie mumble said....like it...mumble-mumble fun....yd

crazywoman53
08-09-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree with what Ronnie has said as well. I think he is a strange dude and have never heard him sing either. Nice likeness.

thomas w
08-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Well drawn but I would have probably kept him perpendicular to the ground instead of rotating him slightly. You captured his likeness very well, keep them coming.

valentine girl
08-10-2009, 09:39 AM
hey everyone thanks for the input. everything said will be extremely helpful in future works thanks . sandy valentini