PDA

View Full Version : Name for a General Chat Thread

couturej
08-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Ok I'm strumped. I would like to create a thread that is for our general chat, non-art related discussions to discuss what we're up to etc. I notice many of the sub forums have catchy names for these threads. I don't do catchy.:lol: So I need your help.:)

judyfilarecki
08-07-2009, 09:07 PM
How about "The Chatter Box" a place where you can talk about anything you want other than art....unless you want to.

Judy

Chief
08-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Janet....since you're "stumped".....lets go with that...."On The Stump" :)

stapeliad
08-07-2009, 11:33 PM
The Water Hole.

couturej
08-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Great suggestions so far. Than you! :)

Paulafv
08-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I like the Water Hole, better than Oily Water, my first idea. Round the Fountain; Water Break; Wet Chat; Gone Fishing; Clean Waters; Easy Oil;
They DO Mix; Fun with Oil; One could go on and on ad infinitum. Anything would do.

Will try my WDE in oil and water this week, if time and the lawn permit.

Paula

brushstrokebliss
08-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Y'all are a riot - lol. I love all the names and thanks for the smile.

How bout the "Water Slick Clique"? That was on no sleep - ROFL!

couturej
08-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh my goodness you people certainly know how to make the decison difficult.

Paula, you certainly do catchy! You make it look so easy!:)

Bliss, they're quite the crew.:lol: Good catchy phrase!

Thanks everyone for your help!

I'll use The Chatter Box it seems appropriate for some reason.:wink2:

Shirl Parker
08-08-2009, 04:26 PM
There's a chat thread already in Watermedia "The Watering Hole".

I like "Oily Waters" or "The Wet Oil Mixer"

couturej
08-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Thank you Shirl for you great suggestions. I have created the thread and we went with The Chatter Box. I really wanted to get one up as soon as possible in order to avoid general discussions happening in other threads. Thanks again!:)

Shirl Parker
09-14-2009, 09:56 AM
What happened to The Chatter Box thread? And I don't mean the "Say Hello...join us in the Chatter Box"?

Dana Design
09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
The Chatter Box thread is the "Say Hello...Chatter Box" thread which Janet started on 8/08/09. However, the thread "Introduce yourselves..." seems redundant and I think 'show your art' would be better served in the main forum. More people would see the work!

I can combine them, however, the continuity of conversation would be lost.

couturej
09-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Dana, I think what Shirl is referring to is it use to be just The Chatter Box and it was changed by someone to include Say Hello. I have no problems with it.

The introduce yourself thread is only meant for members to introduce themselves when entering the forum for the first time and share a few paintings that may not be current. It also has the dual purpose of a gallery of paintings in WMOs for both people who work in WMOs and members that would like to see what can be done in WMOs. The Chatter Box is more of an ongoing general conversation.

Shirl Parker
09-14-2009, 01:27 PM
So, it was not my imagination that there was a The Chatter Box thread!

I mentioned to the first Mod that replied to my query that it would seem like a good idea to have a thread with a date period, like weekly or monthly, and then start a new one each period.