PDA

View Full Version : Standing Together -- Alone

aspenman
08-07-2009, 11:56 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-07-2009/193926_Standing_Alone_--_Together.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Standing Together -- Alone
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 15 x 22
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Acrylic with Palette Knife. Done Plein Air in the Sangre de Christo mountains at about 9,700 feet above sea level. I went deeper into the woods than normal and found the local color to be outstanding and the sun was nicely filter through the tree canopy

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All constructive comments welcomed

crazywoman53
08-07-2009, 12:27 PM
I like this one better than some of your others because it have more depth to it and is not so abstract.. probably just a personal preference. Also love the color combinations in this one.

MRSBB
08-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I agree, this looks more realistic. Your doing great with the palette knife......Lenore

Miranda_Asch
08-07-2009, 07:27 PM
I like the colours in this, and the sense of depth within the trees. It looks like it must have been a beautiful day!

One thing not working for me are the areas in the foreground that have become kind of muddy. A more muted version of the colours you've used might have worked better.

dgford
08-09-2009, 07:04 AM
You sure got lost in the foreground ! At first I thought there was water --- but no reflections, so that was out! Then I though that he was cleaning out his brushes --- but no real brushstrokes showing. Then I thought maybe he got lost and was overcome by those magnificent versions of the trees.

That's it! Too much exhaustion after quite brillant work elsewhere !

Continue with those lovely sweeps moving down and across to give a feeling of the lie of the land in the foreground and you've got a "master".

Geoff

aspenman
08-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the comments guys. I appreciate the feedback.