PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Blue

laudesan
08-04-2009, 09:15 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-04-2009/22284_Out_of_the_Blue_b.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Out of the Blue
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12"x16"
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Just playing....

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
....anything

Ronni
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM
My neck!!!!!

crazywoman53
08-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Is this the burmuda triangle? I like the boat!

Miranda_Asch
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
There is a lot I love about this: the colours, the boat, the splashes around the boat... The background isn't working for me, though. It's distracting and makes the boat appear to be floating in the middle of nowhere. I'm just not sure what that diagonal band is supposed to be... I think that even had the strip been horizontal, it would have made more sense. The boat is so delicately painted that I'd like to see it sitting on something more recognizable as water.

MRSBB
08-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi JJ. I do like the boat, but the background isn't working for me. I would like to see flat water in front of the boat to help ground it and also some indication of water behind the boat. Is this a moonlight scene? If so I would expect to see some light playing across the water. I would decrease the light source and darken the right hand corner to make it feel like night time........

Then if this is just a fantasy painting, ignore my remarks.........Lenore

mooz49
08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I love it JJ .....that is one beautiful boat suddenly appearing in the beautiful still water .....

yarddog
08-04-2009, 02:42 PM
that magic moment in a sailboat....when you become one with the wind and the sea.....
I like this very much....very dreamlike....your light is delicious....
could the rail on the bow...left side in front of the sail have a bit more definition....?
....I kinda like the background...it tells me it isn't a realistic painting....and allows my surreal imagination to sail free....hahaha....yd

tgsloth
08-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Kudos for creativity but I think it's a misfire.

allanom
08-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Maybe?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Aug-2009/4031-Out_of_the_Blue_b.jpg

laudesan
08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
that magic moment in a sailboat....when you become one with the wind and the sea.....
I like this very much....very dreamlike....your light is delicious....
could the rail on the bow...left side in front of the sail have a bit more definition....?
....I kinda like the background...it tells me it isn't a realistic painting....and allows my surreal imagination to sail free....hahaha....ydThank you, no, it isn't a realistic painting. I will check out that rail!! Yes it should have more definition, after all it is in shadow, it would show up more against the white of the sail. Thanks for that.

Ronni ......... My neck!!!!! :lol:

crazywoman53........ Is this the burmuda triangle? I like the boat!No, :-)) and thanks.

mooz49 ............I love it JJ .....that is one beautiful boat suddenly appearing in the beautiful still water ..... Thanks Anne.

Miranda_Asch, Lenore, tg, and Allan. Thanks for your comments, they are very much appreciated, and thanks for the manipulation Allan. I love to read the bad, with the good, this is what keeps me on my toes. I will take your recommendations into consideration.. :-)

La_
08-05-2009, 03:07 AM
how very strange it is but i think i do like it ... the boat is stellar and it's crest of water too, but it's the odd angled background that grabs me and makes me come in closer for a look ... could be genius i suppose

la

tlmarchi
08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
You play very well! I like it! L.

laudesan
08-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Thank you La and Lavon for looking and your lovely comments.

greensyster
08-06-2009, 07:33 AM
When we stop playing we get divorced (in this concept, from our art). You play very well, girl!

Now just fix the wash to swell with the keel lean and you will have a goer here.

kennychaffin
08-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Add a coupla stars .....maybe....just a suggestion....this is a wonderfully playful and meaningful image. I really draws the viewer in and makes them become part of it. Some will simply turn away, others will be enthralled.

laudesan
08-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Thank you Marie. :)

Thank you Kenny..

Kenny, I painted one similar, a few weeks ago. and it was popular. The person who bought it, was the yacht owners son..