GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Beached
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 10 x 13
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I found a picture of this little boat, it looked a little sad, but I wanted to paint it anyway. After I started it it didn't look quite so sad as it looked like it was just waiting to go out.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I don't know anything about boats, so if you could help with the rigging I would appreciate it.

Corby
08-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Yep it is a perky little thing. I think its sense of readiness is conveyed by its upright stance. I have always seen grounded boats keeled over slightly at least on their hull...beautifully painted!

laudesan
08-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Lovely painting..

Personally, I would like to see a purplish/blue wash over the disant hill, to push it back a little, I feel it competes with the boat.

MRSBB
08-02-2009, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't know a thing about the rigging, but I know I like your painting. Looks like it will sail away.......Lenore

yarddog
08-02-2009, 11:49 PM
looks wet.....like the reflections.....like your choice of colors....different....
I have to agree with JJ about the mountain stealing my eye from the boat....
I don't know enough about watercolor to know how to lessen it's attraction....and I know even less about rigging....
if you really think it needs more...try posing the question to the marine forum...lot's of sailors over there....yd

crazywoman53
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I like this too, but agree that the mountain needs to be softened some. Don't know anything about rigging at all.. sorry no help from me there but yd seems to have the answer.