PDA

View Full Version : "Aurora's Illusion" Tutorial by Debby Gwaltney

starlightdesigns
07-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi all,

By request, I have written up a tutorial on how to make my "Auror's Illusion" beads, like the one shown below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/starlightdesigns/aurorasillusions/ai20.jpg

So, here ya go!

http://www.starlight-beads.com/aitut.pdf

Let me know if you try it, and if there are any areas that need fixing or clarifying or anything.

Enjoy!

Hugs,

Debby

sundaisy
07-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Debby, What an awesome tutorial!!! You did a wonderful job on it!! And a huge thank you for offering it up as a free tutorial for everyone. You Rock!!!

ddbeader
07-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Debby THANKKYOU for sharing your knowledge and this tutorial is so good!:clap: You are such a talent, and sharing person! I will give it a try and share the pictures.. when I finally get some gas... lol.. might not be till the end of august... :( Diane

crowkar
07-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Debby...you are a goddess! :heart: Awesome tutorial.....thank-you so much. I will try it when my skill level improves to do it justice!:D

juliagfunk
07-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Great tutorial!

Crazy Woman
07-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Thank you, thank you, Debby! Awesome tut. That's what I love about this community ~ sharing!

KathrineK
07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Debby, thank you...that was very clear and informative.thanks for sharing! Your beads are beautiful!

Katherine

BeadTowne
07-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Wow Debby! That sure was generous! Excellent job on the tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing.

starlightdesigns
07-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Awww, shucks, guys!

Some of my favorite lampworkers give out their tuts for free, and I love them for that. How can I not reciprocate???

Besides, it so fun to share! :) Can't wait to see your pix!

Hugs,

Debby

starlightdesigns
07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Wow. I just compared your responses to the ones on the same thread on LE.

You all are MUCH more excited!

I love WC! :)

Hugs,

Debby

gingery
07-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks so much Debby for being so generous in sharing this great tut!:clap: :clap: :clap: I just printed it out for my own "Beside the torch" help, & wanted to suggest that you might want to consider numbering the pages. I got a little confused just by looking at the photos, but maybe that's just me & my craziness!:rolleyes: This tut has already sparked so many deviations in my mind!:cool: You are so great for being so giving!:thumbsup: Consider yourself hugged!:grouphug:
Colour me happy & inspired to go try something new,:D
ginger:wave:

rosebead
07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
That is awesome! Thanks so much! I can see how much effort you put into that presentation. It is really appreciated.

starlightdesigns
07-31-2009, 09:23 PM
New and improved!

Thanks to Ginger for the suggestion to add page numbers! Duh! Don't know how I forgot. They're on there now!

I'm so glad you guys like the tut. YOU guys ROCK!

Hugs,

Debby

LouiseI
08-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Debby you are so generous, I have admired those beads, thank you so much for sharing how you make them! :grouphug:

littlebrushy
08-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks!!!

Sueze
08-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Debby thanks for the fantabulour tut I can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can try it. Wonderfully presented.Hi all,

By request, I have written up a tutorial on how to make my "Auror's Illusion" beads, like the one shown below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/starlightdesigns/aurorasillusions/ai20.jpg

So, here ya go!

http://www.starlight-beads.com/aitut.pdf

Let me know if you try it, and if there are any areas that need fixing or clarifying or anything.

Enjoy!

Hugs,

Debby

starlightdesigns
08-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Sooooo.... anybody got any pix yet???

Post them, post them! Even your failed attempts ~ I may be able to add some pointers.

Hugs,

Debby

ABannie
08-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Wow Debby, this tutorial is so well done :clap:

I will have to give this a try the next time I make beads!
Thank You :)

wedhatted
08-18-2009, 11:51 PM
awesome, thanks for putting this out.

Jinx.Garza
08-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Excellent tutorial! I like how you included basic lampworking tips (heat mandrel to avoid bubbles, etc.) along the way. I can't wait to try this! Thank you so much!!

Jinx

starlightdesigns
08-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow, guys! You really warm my heart. I am soooo glad now that I put this out there. Your positive responses and feedback show me that I "did the right thing". :)

Jinx, great to see you here! I LOVE your work and I am honored you want to try this. Have fun!

Hugs,

Debby

funksizzle
09-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Sweet, thanks a lot, this will be cool one for my bead arsonal. Very nice tutorial

speedreel
03-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Just a note to Debby that four years later her gift of this tutorial is still giving inspiration to new beaders like me. Thank you. Phill

Dragonfly Queen
05-01-2013, 10:35 AM
What a great tut. I hope I can try this soon.

bunkmeisterglass
11-24-2014, 11:57 PM
I click the link and it brings me to a site trying to sell me the domain for starlight beads ... I really want to see the tut and can't . Am I doing something wrong ?

Crazy Woman
11-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Bunkmeisterglass..... note the date of this thread. Apparently she no longer has the website. Sorry :-(

bunkmeisterglass
11-25-2014, 10:57 AM
yeah i noticed how long ago it was posted i just thought id ask to see if anyone had the pdf still saved or something. i really wanted to see the tut. would be great to add to my skill set. ive looked elsewhere but it always ends up bringing me to this archive that no longer exists. :( oh well , maybe someone will post a new one sometime soon i hope. allot of the tuts ive found here were posted way back in 09 or even earlier. wish i wouldve started back then.

Crazy Woman
11-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Shoot me an email at [email protected] I think I can help you out. Leslie