GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Woody
Year Created:
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 7x9
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Strictly colored pencil...finished, but open to suggestions/revisions.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would like to know if the reflections on the metal of the car are too distracting...should they be simplified. <br>Also, I have never bu<br>ished my cp artwork. Would you recommend bu<br>ishing here, and if so, how?

birdhs
07-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Wonderful, just wonderful!

IMHO the reflections indicate a very high gloss finish which certainly would be appropriate for a restored and impeccably maintained old car (maybe a 46-48 Ford ?). The way you indicated a high gloss on the doors also makes me think this is a show car (high gloss varnish). If it was a beach bum's car it would be dull......

You must have really studied your subject well to have gotten so many of the other details so accurate (us car nuts notice these things) :thumbsup:

A pleasure to view.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanx 4 posting, this pleaseth our eye.

cpillustrator
07-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I guess I'm supposed to reply to reviews...thanks so much birdhs! This is my first time using this forum. Your input is very encouraging...this was from a car show at Dana Point, Ca. You will see more of my work from reference photos from southern Cal.

birdhs
07-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Some artists comment on posts, some do not..... I always appreciate when I actually said something that the artist reads. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. I have hundreds of reference pix from many car shows, I could probably paint 10 a day and never run out, and someday soon I'll start..... :eek:

babydoll61
07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
I agree that you did a good job capturing the gloss. Good job!

MRSBB
07-30-2009, 03:14 AM
I love old car paintings and your painting looks really nice to me. They sure don't make them like they used to. I think your reflections really add to the painting. By the way, welcome to the forum. Hope we get to see more of your art.............Lenore

Corby
07-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the WC! A beautiful pencil work! The only thing (and its totally subjective) is that I dont care for the palm tree. It seems not to have a reason for being.

earthbot1
07-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Nice...palm tree hit me that way also. THe reflections work fine.

cpillustrator
07-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the input...the work is for cards to sell in the southern cal area...the reason i added the tree for more tourist appeal I guess. But you input is very much appreciated.

yarddog
08-01-2009, 02:21 AM
love everything about it.....except the tree...hahaha....ydhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Jul-2009/182771-flora_hurrpalm1.gif