PDA

View Full Version : Love Story

aspenman
07-28-2009, 09:58 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-28-2009/193926_DSC_0001-1.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Love Story
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Linen
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I love to paint pears and recently did a series of 4 paintings: I love color and that love is reflected in all my paintings be they still life or landscape.<br><br>Body Language<br>Soon To Be A Pair<br>Men'age a Trois<br>Love Story<br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments appreciated

La_
07-29-2009, 01:47 AM
you do indeed Love color!

it's wild, it's cool, i like it, but ... hehehe, always a but around here! just a titch more notice between the pair [o' pears] and the trois of men'age? perhaps?

la

tali
07-29-2009, 06:42 AM
Ok, I read your blog to make sure it's ok to veer off the straight and narrow and get myself into some trouble.:D
I love the colors and the passion you've shown in this painting. There are some interesting negative spaces in the composition that I enjoy as well. However (you had to know this was coming, right?), you may want to consider your values, and color temperatures. The only reason I spot this, is because I often do the same thing :o Here's what it looks like in gray scale:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2009/140629-193926_DSC_0001-1.jpg
You've included your light planes with the bright high-lights, which has flattened your forms a bit. If you vary the planes b/w warm and cool temps WHILE paying very close attention to their relative values you will get a more three dimensional effect. I think your light is warm, which makes the cool high-lights "correct" but since there is no transition bw the light and the high-lights they appear more forced.

I wouldn't want you to change this painting, since adjusting it would ruin its lively nature. This is just something you may want to consider next time

thomas w
07-29-2009, 07:42 AM
It certainly is bold and colorful. But the white highlights seem to be added at last moment as an afterthought.