Dimension: 12 x 8
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Playing in the water again.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think?

Ronni
07-28-2009, 05:00 AM
I enjoy it very much. The so difference between two parts cause great interest and challenge. I am not sure about the birds, which don't seem to me fitting the whole, too "story" against the great abstract value of the water and sky.

Spyderbabe
07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Unusual palette! I'de like to see the wave on the left crest a little higher than the horizon line. The sense of motion is good in the water; I'de like to see more gulls in both light and dark values.

crazywoman53
07-28-2009, 01:34 PM
This is pretty but it is also confusing to me. The sky says sunset or rise and the water says full sun as do the sea gulls. It seems if the sky were that color it would also reflect into the water and the gulls would be more dark. But if this is meant to be more abstract then perhaps I am just reading it wrong. I agree the waves would look better cresting a bit higher than the horizon line.

MRSBB
07-28-2009, 01:50 PM
It looks like a sunset to me and I would add some of those sky colors into the water. Good job on the movement of the water........Lenore

yarddog
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
love the water....love the sky......but to me they are not seeming to love each other.....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jul-2009/182771-sissyfight.gif
perhaps some skycolor highlights on the whitewater?....or.....some watercolor in the clouds?...
.......some kind of marriage anyhow.....or perhaps that's the problem....hahaha...they aren't speaking....
agree about the wave breaking the horizon more.....yd

brushoff
07-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Colors are not melding. I would channge the color of the sky or try glazing to create more continuity.