GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: just to share
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 26X46
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is quite a large painting and is framed in a very old Victorian type frame. It is of roses ranging from dark red through pink into white with a heavy blue influence because the chair backs surrounding them are blue velvet. I dont think I have shared this image with the forum because the photo is very small and its all I have...you can though get the sense of the painting even at this small size.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
nothing specific...if you like or dont like...it is long gone and so it is all water under the bridge...

Ronni
07-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Stormy and beautiful. I miss a bit horisontal lines, to balance this happening. the bottom of vase doesn't provide this only safe entity to rely on, but still it is a very warm and emotional work.

yarddog
07-28-2009, 01:53 PM
this is a test....right?......http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jul-2009/182771-glasses.gif
can't fool me....26x46 can't be disguised as an aceo.....hahahahaha
but with the use of my magnifier...I can see that I like it....the blend of pink and blue is so pleasing.....yd

crazywoman53
07-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I only wish I could blow it up to see it better.. perhaps borrow yd's magnifyer?? It is beautiful from what I can see.

MRSBB
07-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Your love of flowers shines through in this one Corby. I also like the colors, but not so much the butterfly. Kind of cutesy, the butterfly, in a gorgeous painting. Keep having fun..........Lenore

tali
07-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Sigh. It's just so lovely. Did you paint this from a reference or photo? I really like the composition. And the frame is perfect too. Do you have these types of roses?? Yes, yes, I'll try not to envy too much. But wouldn't it be nice if the old rose varieties could winter over in these parts--you've captured them so well.

Corby
07-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi tali! Thanks for looking in on this 'oldie' (the painting, not me :-)) You're the lady who knows roses as I well know. I am glad you like them. They are just totally imaginary, the whole thing was just a personal challenge to make a seascape format work for a still life. I cant imagine a seascape in that frame however. It was probably originally a nude... anyway because of the awkward dimensions I am pleased that you like the composition as well as the flowers! I love the old roses because by and large the new hybrids haven't the sweet smell.
Lenore I think you are right, butterflies are always a hazard to a painting meant to be taken seriously! If you could see this one however, the Tiger Swallowtail is realistic right down almost to the scales on his wings. Also with the extremely long and rather awkward format I needed something to break the length of the painting visually....( heheh those are my excuses and I'm standing by them! :-) )
Crazywoman and
Yard dog! (Hmmm...it seems a pair) anyway, the image posted is actually 200% its size and it is on the edge of pixilation! Thats probably why I never before posted it! I am glad you like it...now if I could just find someone who lives in a fairy size palace....
Ronni! So nice to hear from you! There are no horizontal lines in this because the format is sooooooooo loooooooong. :-)

crazywoman53
07-29-2009, 05:48 PM
and... that's all I get is an and????? lol.. oh I see it's and yd.. ok.. so I copied your photo and put it in MS word and was able to stretch it big enough I could actually see it. I am still not sure what I am looking at though. Are there two pots? The big bowl holding the pink flowers and another one holding the blue ones? I can't for the love of me make out the chairs sorry. If there is only one pot the blue/white roses seem to be added from another direction. The blue rectangular shape that is almost dead center is confusing to me. Maybe I was better off leaving it little. I love the way you painted the flowers though and the color combination is quite lovely to me. I love the old roses too. You are right they smell sooooo wonderful and the stickers are sooo plentiful!

Corby
07-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Crazy! OF course I see what I did now... I would certainly never sleight you! I respect and owe a lot to that discerning eye of yours! And I would be the first to say! Now that copy of the painting...Is it postable? Could you P.M. it to me? I can't imagine why I could not get this to resize without losing the image... Yes the blue/white roses are in a different pot...I cannot remember to what degree I showed it and the triangular shape is probably the corner of a chair. The chairs are not upholstered but are regular slat back types covered with royal blue velvet, rungs rails posts and all...