PDA

View Full Version : Pathway To Your Dreams

crazywoman53
07-24-2009, 02:10 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-24-2009/137465_Pathway_To_Your_Dreams.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Pathway To Your Dreams
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 12 x 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a watercolor I did a few years ago. It was painted from a photo of a path in England somewhere sent to me by a friend. The painting is sold so I can't correct any mistakes in it but always like to lea<br> from the ones I have made.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any.. ??

La_
07-24-2009, 02:30 PM
hmm, so That's where my dreams have been hiding!

very nice CW, i reeeeally like the purple/orange combination in the foreground

la

crazywoman53
07-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks La! The mid background is actually a light blue.. don't know why it didn't come through that way though.

Corby
07-24-2009, 06:33 PM
CRZYWMN! You must have a treasure trove of past work! This is a nifty piece and I like it. I also like that I am not the only one tempted by purple and then have it turn on me! You might take that luscious foreground orangy peachy color ( tube name? Not a chance!) and balance the purple. I have learned never to lay purple on the canvas unless I have a very dull ugly green handy that is called Chromium Oxide Green. (Tube name? of course) Its about the only thing that will kill the excesses of purple. Other than the rampaging purple ( I really am not harping on that) I noticed that the trees were not letting the light past them...here of course is the inevitable workup, trying to show of what I speak and how I envision a change in it:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jul-2009/70790-Pathway.jpg

eyecandy2
07-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Simple and pretty. Nice colors. keep painting

crazywoman53
07-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Corby.. thank once again for your insight and input. I love my purple! Could you guess? I actuallly mixed both the purple and the orange as I remember having a grand time making enough of it to slather all over everything in sight! The ref photo was quite dark with very little light coming through the trees and I opened it up even more than it showed but agree in looking at it now with a few more years of painting under my belt that more light would have been better. I am finding bringing up these older paintings and really looking at them very educational and inspiring for me as I am now seeing some of the things I did wrong. I do have a lot of older paintings, most of which I am not even brave enough to show you all here.. oh my.. we won't go there! lol.. I enjoyed doing this one enough I am almost tempted to do try it again if I can ever relocate the ref photo but on the other hand I really don't need it do I? That photo as I recall was very dark and everything in it was green.. green and more green. It scared me so I went to the purple.. Green doesn't scare me as badly anymore. But I still love purple!

crazywoman53
07-24-2009, 07:11 PM
eyecandy.. thanks for looking and commenting..can't stop painting.. I haven't made it to great yet! lol

MRSBB
07-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi Crazy. Just got back from our holiday. I really like your watercolor and my thoughts were like Corby's. Opening up the tree area even more has made a world of difference. Isn't it great what we learn with experience? I love this Wet Canvas........Lenore

crazywoman53
07-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Lenore.. I noticed I haven't seen you posting this past few days. Figured you were out enjoying yourself.. hope you got some new inspiration to paint.

yarddog
07-25-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm a purple people too......so's that elf.......
I like this...the orange looks good with it to me too...very convincing shadow ....yd

crazywoman53
07-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks Yd.. I knew there was something I liked about you other than the cute smileys.. by the way.. no dreamer one??? Us purple people gotta stick together! lol

mooz49
07-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Crazy ....this is really beautiful and uplifting ..... and you have chosen a wonderful title to go with it too!! I'm not surprised that it sold!

crazywoman53
07-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Mooz.. thank you so much. I am glad you liked it.

yarddog
07-26-2009, 01:44 PM
.......... http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jul-2009/182771-dreamyeyesf.gif .............walking up the path as I type....yd

crazywoman53
07-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Yd.. that's cute thanks.. you put a smile on my face.. and a chuckle or two..

cathaden
09-02-2009, 07:39 PM
your use of color is spectacular...somewhere I want to be in my dreams!

crazywoman53
09-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Thank you cathaden! I love purple.. love using colors period, but they sometimes get me into trouble.

future
09-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Great work, really whimsical
ur work doesnt need any tweaking, just perfect
by the way thanx for all ur previous comments

crazywoman53
09-11-2009, 07:00 PM
future thank you.. that was the sweetest thing to say.. I seem to want to keep tweaking till I tweak it into a mess. Learning when to stop is a hard lesson sometimes. Your comments are always appreciated as well.