Dimension: 5 x 7
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
playing with watercolr

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

tgsloth
07-24-2009, 09:39 AM
So I saw the title and I thought HAH, the 8 legged one has jammed the Great Beast into an aceo. But, no, a massive 35 sq in field of play.

Anyhow to the painting. You nailed it. I think it shows shockingly good watercolor technique. You might consider putting your acrylics up for sale on ebay.

Corby
07-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I like your elephant spidey...he has a sphinx like aspect.

La_
07-24-2009, 02:27 PM
sell the acrylics?! i think Not! but do pull out the watercolors more often, this guy is pretty sweet!

la

Ronni
07-24-2009, 04:04 PM
I adore your choice of colors. There's such strength in how you use them!!! I feel so happy to always find the new combinations of them you invent,
I wish you did just bit more effort in the drawing, the ivories look so poor and not placed well, it ruins the powerful story of colors. This happens a lot in your works.

laudesan
07-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Watercolours are fun hey!

Love your elephant!!!

yarddog
07-26-2009, 07:32 PM
elephants and aceo just don't seem compatable...
so I can see why you had to give him some space....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jul-2009/182771-puzzledsmile.gifhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jul-2009/182771-m-elephanthorn.gif
though I bet you could do it....the pink is perfect....I like it....yd

aquarianpaintress
07-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi! I agree wtih Ronni. I love the color and the boldness and dramatic presence of this fellow--he is grand!--but then the tusks aren't qutie right, and I think a bit small.

HRobinson
07-27-2009, 04:20 PM
I so love Ronni that I am wondering how she could teach you to fix those things, as I had thought those same thoughts but couldn't make the words not hurt as I have been known to do astoundingly well. I also thought the eyes were pretty vacant but that's an easy fix with a couple of dabs of whatever. :) -Harry.

Spyderbabe
07-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Thank you guys... drawing skills always need improvement. This one was not sketched out at all, I just painted - still not an excuse. His tusks were little in my ref photo... . I guess some opaque white could lengthen them and put a glint in his eye.
I did do an aceo elephant too - and a rhino and a lion.. it was National Wildlife day at the Harringtons ;-) and they are all listed now on ebay too....
Ah, Harry, you know I always love you ;-) (Where have you been keeping yourself?)

MRSBB
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Kathleen I didn't comment before as I felt like Ronni, Aquarianpaintess, and Harry. I too have a problem in being discreet and I feel guilty giving a moderator advice. You see it stems from my Mom, who always told me if your can't say something nice, then keep your mouth shut. I love the elephant and his boldness, but would like the eyes softened and the tusks adjusted. Lenore