View Full Version : Again egg painting. Freestyle.
07-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Hand-painted own compositions.
Empty chicken eggshells.
Primed by emulsion.
Drawn by black and white ink.
Wax-bossing by hot, self-made beeswax paints.
Leaf gold 24 carat and leaf silver 1000/1000.
Onyx beads. Silver caps.
Swarovski crystals (per diameter 2mm).
Multiply sealed by UVL and scratch stabilizing spray.
07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Interesting use of design. Quite beautiful and intricate.
07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
these are great, i love the green one on the left. how long does it take you to do these?
07-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks for your comment, keenart and Rakestraw
Let us count together:
- 2 layers primer per one day drying makes 2 days
- drawing by ink - one can only draw on the 1/3 of the spheric surface, because of disturbing the wet drawing - it takes totally 1 day
- drawing by the hot beeswax paints 1 hour
- gilding takes from applying of the milk, the drying, the applying of leaf gold untill the sealing by shellac 1,5 days
- one layer sealing - one day waite for drying
- second layer sealer - one day waiting for hardening
- adding of the crystals a couple of hours, it works only in steps, one must waite for hardening of a part of crystals and then one can further glue
- the preparing of the retaining (buttom cap, pin, thread, onyx bead) takes about 10 minutes....
Such way one egg is about a week in work.
I do not refer the preparing of the egg - empty, disinfecting - cleaning.
drying, it takes 1 day.
Thanks for your interest, Rakestraw.
07-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Ohhhs and Ahhs!! :clap:
nice to see your work again Vera, these are bueatiful.
07-22-2009, 05:24 AM
Thanks, Addie and Ken, for your visit and opinion! I am glad!
07-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Love the intricate and detailed work on these Vera, you must have a lot of patience to do them. :clap:
07-23-2009, 03:23 AM
How beautiful, they remind me of art from Russia or exquisit Xmas tree decorations, I love them!
07-23-2009, 06:19 AM
gorgeous. @And such patience!
07-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Thank you very, much, Eileen, Gal and Bevahlee, for your compliments!
vBulletin® v3.5.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.