PDA

View Full Version : One new / one revised

MJGresko
07-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I've gotten 2 done for this art show coming up. One is a revised version of an earlier posting. I've changed the background trees from the blue to greens and purple and also added some purple and lavender to the water. The 2nd one is Lazy Day on the Canal. I like this one on the computer more than IRL. My husband loves this one for some strange reason. I'm thinking about removing the 2nd turtle. It's not working for me. C & C's welcome again.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/bsmarcia/100_0097.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/bsmarcia/100_0105.jpg

claydesigner2156
07-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Marcia, I remember the first one from last week... I like what you have done to it. The purple appears very strong but that may be the monitor and IRL may look very different. Only you know that for sure.
The turtles are nice too. If you are taking one out I would do the far right one...but then that leaves 2...an even number...HMMM...maybe have only one...the far left one. The branch looks so good, it might be Ok without the turtles at all. A thought... for you.

Yvonne

mudfish
07-19-2009, 12:18 AM
I think the color palette on the first one is vastly improved, I'm not seeing any strong purple on my monitor. And the turtles are charming, I wouldn't change a thing. Nice job, I see ribbons coming home with you.

Donna T
07-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Nice changes to the first painting - those trees look so natural with the purples added in place of the blues. I love the turtles! It's funny how they are mostly looking in the same direction. At first I thought you might want to vary their poses but then I remember that cows and sheep seem to always pose in the same direction too. Good luck with the show!

Donna

MJGresko
07-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Thank-you Yvonne, Mudfish, and Donna. I'm going to mat them today and start another one. I'm not expecting to win anything but to get accepted is fine with me. There are 3 money winners but the top 12 are used for a calender. Last years entries were outstanding and I was lucky enough to be accepted so we'll see how it goes this year.

IMaybe
07-19-2009, 07:50 PM
:clap: I like both of these!! No purple on my moniter, either. I sure wish it were easier to get the correct color on our screens!! But this is nice, and the turtles are charming, really cute and well done. good idea!

MJGresko
07-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks IMaybe. I agree with you about the computer screens except when they make your picture look better!

Paula Ford
07-20-2009, 06:57 PM
The first is really lovely! I love the turtles also. The water is so glassy. Nice job on both.

Merriel
07-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Your trees are beautiful great colors in them. and I love the way you did your turtles and like Paula the water is so glassy. these will be great in your show.

merriel

MJGresko
07-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Thanks Paula and Merriel. The turtles were a challenge and I really wanted to toss them but my husband kept telling me to keep at it. I'm happy with the outcome.