PDA

View Full Version : Herrenhauser barn 2

Enid Goyers
07-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi everybody,http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2009/133937-K640_Herrenhauser_Scheune_2.JPG

After moths of being busy with other things but painting I had to sit down and do some work after I was asked to paint the Herrenhauser (farmer's family name) barn again. I was somehow reluctant as I felt no inspiration at all to start up. Finally I could finish my work and would appreciate any critical help from you.
Thank you and enjoy your day.
Enid

Shirl Parker
07-14-2009, 10:28 AM
This is a very nice second rendition of the barn. Better than the first, I think.

Donna T
07-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I think you did a nice job with this, Enid. It's hard to paint something if the inspiration isn't there but it seems you have captured the charm of this barn and it's beautiful surroundings.

Donna

nvcricket
07-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Gosh Enid, I know how you feel, I still haven't finished something someone wanted me to paint last Oct! Heart isn't in it. (three starts)

You have great details in the barn, then the greenery just beyond is so fuzzy like you are trying to recede it. A little less detail on the barn, and a bit more detail in those front woods will place that area in the middle. I love the highlights you have working on the foreground trees.

This is only my humble opinion. Consult your doctor first before you take my advise!!! lol

Carol

Enid Goyers
07-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Thank you all for the great hints!
Enjoy your day.
Enid