PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Painting 2001

LDianeJohnson
01-02-2001, 03:12 PM
Just a note to wish you all a great new beginning for your acrylic painting challenges, efforts, and inspirations in 2001! Here are a few ideas:

- Visit an acrylics only art exhibit (or have your own!)

- Determine to learn incorporate a new technique, color concept, or see things in a new way each month during the year (in 12 months, you'll know 12 new things!)

- Paint one painting in a genre new to you. If you are a portratist, paint a landscape; if you are a landscape painter, try a still life...this will strengthen your visual acuity and ability to capture unfamiliar things.

- Read a classic art book either on technique or about a classic painter.

- Approach a gallery for representation, especially if you have been thinking about it for a long time. At least attempt to learn more about the business of art. If you don't wish to sell you art, then how can you better reach your own goals?

- Improve the quality of your framing this year.

- Most of all, have fun!

Diane

P.S. Please pitch in with your ideas...

------------------
2001 L. Diane Johnson Plein Air Workshops (http://www.LDianeJohnson.com/workshops)

carly
01-05-2001, 09:57 PM
Some great ideas Diane. I know I am really bad about getting stuck in a rut when it comes to trying new ideas! I always have those "I should do's" instead of the I did's!

Another idea could be....
Join an art guild or society in your area.
Volunteer this year at a school during career day and promote art with a demonstration.
Give a painting to a charitable event for auctioning.

This should get you going in sharing your art with others! this year.
carly

------------------
"Everything is not art and Art is not everything, but it comes close."....carly

LDianeJohnson
01-06-2001, 02:30 PM
Thanks for adding your super suggestions Carly!

Yes, the "rut" can set-in and really cause problems. I am trying to learn not to use the word "should"; and just do things, instead of looking back later moaning over a missed opportunity or idea not implemented. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif
Diane