PDA

View Full Version : Wood/Lino sketch help

sandeskimo
08-28-2002, 10:09 AM
Hi y'all. Haven't done much with print before and am now in a class regarding that very subject. I need to develop some sketches for a wood/lino cut and was hoping to tap some of the experts opinions here as to what works or doesn't. The subject? Dunno just a doodle that turned into a potential idea...

Gisela
09-02-2002, 01:52 AM
I think this image would make a fine print. :)
I don't really see any limitations on what kind of subject matter is right for prints. When it comes to printmaking, anything goes in my book!

Gisela

sassybird
09-15-2002, 01:16 PM
I agree with Gisela. The only thing I suggest if you are working with wood is to look closely at the grain and try to incorporate a design that the grain of the wood will enhance. Those are some of the most beautiful prints I have ever seen. Do you have a dremmel? If not, and you plan on moving more in the direction of printmaking do yourself a favor and buy one. They make working wood so much easier than using traditional wood cutting tools. You can buy dremmels with cables so that you don't have to hold the bulky tool while working, and the cable gives you more freedom for doing detail.