PDA

View Full Version : A PanPastel Landscape, Sort Of

helenh
07-11-2009, 08:32 AM
This was done entirely with PanPastels on charcoal LaCarte paper, which I may like even better than the Colourfix surface for the Pans. 12x16. Also, there was no reference for this one - entirely from my imagination. It started out as an abstract, but then took on a life of its own. I was powerless to prevent it from turning out the way it did. :lol: Seriously, I would delight in your C&C's.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jul-2009/114605-Into_the_Forest.jpg

Susan Jenkins
07-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh I love LaCarte paper... haven't tried pan pastels yet though.

So cool that this is all out of your imagination. Looks like a beautiful place to sit and pray.... very calming.

:) susan

Kathryn Wilson
07-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Some paintings just paint themselves - don't fight it, just go along for the ride and see what happens.

You had fun experimenting with the Pans and it shows.

Paula Ford
07-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I love the softness of this piece Helen. It's a great experiment... it's wonderful when the painting takes over and paints itself!

Donna T
07-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I wish I could think up stuff like this! I like it, Helen, and the softness of the pans seems well-suited to this kind of imaginary scene.

Donna

helenh
07-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks Susan, Kathryn, Paula and Donna. I'm really getting into those Pans and also into being freer and letting the painting take me where it wants to go. Some of those experiments work and some don't, of course. But the journey is great. Maybe that has something to do with my Yoga classes.

helenh
07-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks Susan, Kathryn, Paula and Donna. I'm really getting into those Pans and also into being freer and letting the painting take me where it wants to go. Some of those experiments work and some don't, of course. But the journey is great. Maybe that has something to do with my Yoga classes and practicing letting go.

kennychaffin
07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Nice work. Great job on the water!

PETE K
07-11-2009, 09:48 PM
This looks very good, i myself haven't tried pans either. seeing your work here you sure do make it lood great.