PDA

View Full Version : A Youtube demo of my last painting

Susan Jenkins
07-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I thought I'd put this in a new thread so it wouldn't get lost in the last WIP of this painting.

I took quite a few pics during the painting process in order to make a video demo. Unfortunately, the tripod with my camera got kicked and moved a few times during the painting process. We have a very busy house with my three boys and my easel is set up in my kitchen!

anyway... the music doesn't work on this and it's really so much better with sound, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I always think my paintings start out like a mess and I literally sometimes think... "What am I doing... I can't paint!"... and then I keep working it and I begin to see what I have had in my head.

So... here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM48p5q_RuY
And here is the painting again. Hope this is educational.
:) susan

Donna T
07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Nice demo, Susan! It's great to see that painting come to life. I find it totally amazing that you are able to paint ... in your kitchen ... with three boys!!! I was never able to concentrate on art when mine were young and was just happy to have an occasional thought to myself!

Donna

Shirl Parker
07-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Sadly, the audio doesn't work - "This video contains an audio track that has not been authorized by WMG. The audio has been disabled."

IMaybe
07-11-2009, 04:23 PM
:thumbsup: Still very nice, a real piece of art to be proud of.

kennychaffin
07-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Thank you for sharing that. I love to see how people work and learn all I can from it!

PETE K
07-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Susan, very well done both the painting and the video. I too like to see how others paint it helps me to understand so i may paint better. thanks ever so much for the demo.

Colorix
07-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Love the demo! Wish it had been possible to keep it still, though. But it is fantastic to see it grow bit by bit! Thank you.

Charlie

joolee
07-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Lovely painting Susan. We have a lot in common - I work in the kitchen, have three kids and frquently wonder what the heck I'm doing

joolee
07-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Ooops, hit to wrong button and posted too quickly - anyway, meant to say that its great that you can get what you see in your head down on to the paper :thumbsup:
Jools

Susan Jenkins
07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
ha ha .... thanks Jools. Yes... we gotta be crazy... but perhaps painting actually keeps us sane!!!! Nice to know there are others out there painting against the odds!!
:)