PDA

View Full Version : 3 Irish Paintings

fiannah
06-30-2009, 11:51 AM
A friend of mine who owns a local Irish Shop asked me to do paintings of Ireland to sell in her shop. I explained the problem of not having any copyright free photos to use (as I havent yet been to Ireland) and she generously provided me with her vacation photos from a previous trip she made. Of course most photos were not very skillfully taken but there were a few good ones in the batch. So far I have made 3 paintings for the shop based on her photos. C&C is appreciated although they are at the shop now (but i always love to hear where there can be some improvement) Thanks for looking!
Cliffs of Moher 9x12"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2009/46083-cliffmoher01.jpg

Irish trees (Ring of Kerry) 9x12"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2009/46083-irishtree01.jpg

Irish Stream 9x12"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2009/46083-irishstream01.jpg

Paula Ford
06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Very nice Joni! Your friend will love these.

My favorite is the 1st, but they are all lovely!

Continental
06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I like all three, but especially the first one.:thumbsup:

The water and cliffs are wonderful!

Susan Jenkins
06-30-2009, 01:00 PM
#2 is my favorite... just love that tree!! But they are all really stunning!

crazywoman53
06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
All three are very nice. Are those sheep on the hill in the third one?

Gerri Mc
06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Great paintings Joni. Your friend must have had a nice calm day for the photo of the Cliffs of Moher. The spray from the crashing atlantic waves can often drench those brave souls standing on top. I would still recognise the cliffs from your painting though - it is lovely. I like the others too, especially your Kerry tree.

fiannah
06-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks everyone, so far she has been quite happy with the paintings.. now if they could only sell LOL. Yes, those are sheep on the third one, i was on the fence about adding them but i think they work... Thanks so much for all your comments, if i sell enough of them then perhaps i can get over to Ireland for real! (actually I want to see about living there for a year one day..)

cornwall
06-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Lovely pastelling ,particularly the first one.

birdhs
06-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I have never been to Ireland either, but it is on my "wish-list", too. There have been many paintings on WC from Irish artists bring the beauty of the land to life, and now we have aJersey Girl to add to that list of 'Irish' artists.:thumbsup:

Thanx 4 posting, this pleaseth our eyes.:clap:

Donna T
06-30-2009, 05:36 PM
These are all so nice, Joni, and that first one really is beautiful! I give you a lot of credit for making such nice artwork from someone else's photos. I find that very difficult. Good luck with the sales!

Donna

kennychaffin
06-30-2009, 08:53 PM
All very nice and each with it's own character. I love the tree!

fiannah
06-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys, i appreciate the comments. Its hard working from other peoples photos and generally make a practice to not do it except for commissions (and for this particular occasion). Im currently working on a pet portrait with a less then ideal reference, but the dog passed away last week and they live in florida so no chance of getting better photos. :(

Thanks again for all the comments, i have to say my favorite is the tree :)

Tracy Lang
06-30-2009, 09:04 PM
What a fun project! I feel like I've just had a little trip to Ireland by viewing your paintings! I like all three, but, have had to go look at the Kerry Tree again and again...really wonderful!
Good luck on the sales :)

Tracy

PETE K
07-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Joni, they are all very nice. the tree sure does look Irish it looks like it had a belt or two. love them. WOW! Joni I have a sisterinlaw Joni that lives down the Jersey shore also. and a bunch of other relatives. i'm the odd one i went to the GA shore where it's warmer. take care.

Gerri Mc
07-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks everyone, so far she has been quite happy with the paintings.. now if they could only sell LOL. Yes, those are sheep on the third one, i was on the fence about adding them but i think they work... Thanks so much for all your comments, if i sell enough of them then perhaps i can get over to Ireland for real! (actually I want to see about living there for a year one day..)

Swap ya!:lol:

I'm a big Bruce Springsteen fan so I always fancied myself as a Jersey Girl!:D

angelcat
07-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I think they're all lovely, my favorite is the third....

Mary Brigid
07-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Joni you certainly captured the Irish landscape very well from photos. I love the old tree and the streem with the sheep on top of the hill is such a typical irish scene. I think you have been here in a passed life Joni. :)
Mary Brigid

fiannah
07-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the wonderful comments :) the Jersey shore is a gorgeous place and I enjoy living here especially in the summer, although the cost of living is killing me... pete, I lived in savannah for a year and loved it there!

thanks Mary, maybe I did live there in a past life, my family is from there and I have always had the desire to move there :)

dbjs
07-03-2009, 12:33 AM
All 3 are wonderfull!!! absolutly lovely work.