PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Scumble June 29 thru July 5

Shirl Parker
06-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Scumble, our weekly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives! I hope you will all chime in and look forward to hearing about them.

Not much to talk about here. I got a new magnetic thingy that I just set my cell phone on and it charges, and a new headset also for my cell that talks to me. The new one has a hook that goes over my ear - the other one didn't and kept falling off.

I hope you all have a fine week.

artist_pw
06-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Hi:

Even though it's 11:25pm cdt on 6/28, I'm getting ready to go out to Warren, Michigan on 6/29 for my new job. I had to get a new laptop because the other old ones were really under the weather, and this new one seems really zippy - Yea!

Scottyarthur
06-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Well it's getting late here, and I don't normally say anything in here but I finally joined the pastel sociality of Colorado and am waiting to here from the Colorado Artist Guild as to weather I will be excepted in.

Deborah Secor
06-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Ah, you will be Scott!

I thought I'd continue the SAGA OF THE PARKING PLACARD... Lo and behold, Mom found the receipt for the original placard. Now if we can find a mensch in the DMV who will accept her expired Driver's License as ID, she can get it replaced. Otherwise, we're back to the idiocy I outlined in last week's scumble. (Check there for details--too long and boring to repeat here!)

I'm doing ATC/ACEOs in gouache. Thought I'd share them here, if the Mods don't mind some different media showing in this thread:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jun-2009/23609-ATC-_A1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jun-2009/23609-ATC_A2.jpg
I'm trying to figure out what price to ask for them. I put up threads in both the landscape and the ACEO forums, but I'd be interested in your opinions, too! :wink2:

Later--
Deborah

saramathewson
06-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Deborah, those are beautiful. I especially like the last two. I have no idea about prices for ACEO's. I know there are some on here who do them a lot. I know Robert did them quite a bit so he might have a good idea about pricing.
Good for you Scotty! i haven't joined any societies yet. We still are not sure we will stay in AZ. I'm not sure where I will end up. Some thoughts are Albuquerque or somewhere in Colorado. I need a big enough city where grocery stores deliver and there is good public transportation as there are many times that I can't drive(seizures). I need the temps to be not too harsh on either end too. It would be great to be somewhere that has a good artists presence as well. Any and all suggestions would appreciated!
Sara

Scottyarthur
06-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Denver Colorado, King Soopers delivers grocerys, the public transportain is good even a light rail, temps. can vary but normally mid to upper 80 during the summer and avg. winter temp. is 42 degrees. we have a pretty good artist presence as well and many art museums, including the DAM, the Denver Art Museum, and it is free on the first saturday of the month for Colorado residents. Doesn't include special shows though, those are extra.

Tracy Lang
06-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Hello all,
Shirl, the charger thingy sounds neat, much better than the cord.

Paula, Good luck with the new job!

Scott, I'm sure you will get in. Denver is a great city...I have some family there and have always enjoyed visiting.

Deborah, I really like your paintings...the comps and colors are wonderful! I have no idea what pricing would be, but, I bet the market is good, or at least better than for full-sized paintings.

Well, I have good news! The ultrasound tech said everything looked fine :)
I have to wait for Dr report, but still...such sweet relief after a week of terror! This was my first mammo experience (better late than never) I had no idea so many tests were false positives.
Also, all three of the paintings I submitted were juried in to the Orange County Fair. Yippee!!!

Tracy

artist_pw
07-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Hi:

There are black "grey" squirrels here - I saw two on Monday, and here's a quick snap of one - I threw it a piece of muffin and it looked at me for a few seconds, and then came and got it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2009/28377-IMG_0284.jpg

saramathewson
07-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Scotty, thanks for the tips on Denver. I have visited, but didn't spend too much time there. We were mainly in the big bookstore there, can't remember the name now. I guess we have some time to think about it.

Tracy, yay for the negative mammo/ultrasound. When that happened to me, I was lucky enough to get the ultrasound right away so I didn't have to wait and wonder. Not knowing is the worst! Congrats on getting all three paintings in at the Orange County Fair!

Paula, I have never seen a squirrel that color. We have ground squirrels here and they are a brownish gray but bigger than a gray squirrel.

Sara

K Taylor-Green
07-03-2009, 08:37 PM
A black phase gray squirrel! I have never seen one in real life, only pictures. They are so beautiful.

Deborah, these are just little jewels!
Glad things are working out with your mom's placard.

Tracy, I am so glad your ultrasound came back ok. Now, you can breathe!

I spent the day cleaning and reorganizing my studio........again.:rolleyes: It will probably look like a hurricane went through it again in a couple of weeks.
There is a huge get together at my sister's tomorrow for the 4th. It will be quite a party!
Anyone else have special plans for the 4th?