PDA

View Full Version : abstract tree scene

annette71
06-28-2009, 01:36 AM
This is 14x18, mat board primed with lascaux pastel ground.
Have been painting a lot today. I like this kind of very strong colorful abstract pieces (very latin american, i guess). This doesn't belong to my glowing tree series, but it was fun to do. For a change, i put some leaves on this set of trees.
C&C welcome.

Annette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2009/134269-árboles_vecinos.jpg

adventureartist
06-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Both this and the night time trees are really neato! You have a unique and interesting abstract style...you go gal!:thumbsup:
Dru

Lynne Vokatis
06-28-2009, 09:06 AM
annette...very interesting and surreal.i love the purple hills.I like looking at it....think ill go back and have another look:cat: lynne

Donna T
06-28-2009, 10:04 AM
You have a way of making those bold colors work. Nice!

Donna

annette71
06-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Thank you, Dru...the more i paint, the more i feel like this is my personal style. Although i also like landscapes, but i realize that the effect on me of one of these abastracts vs a landscape is quite more powerful...

Thank you, Lynne. I thought the hills would really sing with that color against the intense yellow.

Thank you, Donna. There's something about pastels that i just can't resist to use the bright bold colors. I think painting abstracts is a result of my need to go back to those color choices over and over. When painting nature it is more difficult to get there...but i still like that as well.

Annette