PDA

View Full Version : New Dark PanPastels at Dakota--WOO-EEEY!!

svo164
06-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi, all.
I'm not sure this is the best place to post this. Please pass the info to whatever site is best.

After reading here about the new PanPastel colors, I called Dakota Pastels. They will have them at the first of next month (July) and Lisa said they would be on sale.

The current regular price for a set of 20 is $89.95, and the current sale price is $69.95.

I placed an order for the complete set of new colors at the sale price.

Thinking about it, I called Dakota, spoke again to Lisa, and she confirmed this information and that they would take pre-orders. And that the price would be $69.95 for the set of 20!!

WOW!!!

Please, please pass this info to wherever I should have posted it.

I've been inactive here for months, but look forward (post cataract surgery) to playing with pastels again.
Thanks for so much!

Sandra

DAK723
06-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the update on the new dark pans!

Don

Deborah Secor
06-17-2009, 01:46 PM
I agree, working with Dakota is great.

I'm looking forward to getting the new extra dark Pans, too. I was able to use them while at IAPS and they're just terrific.

Hope you enjoy your set, with your 'new' eyes! And don't forget to share with us, please.... :)

Deborah

robertsloan2
06-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Thanks for posting this! I just saw them on the site yesterday and I'm drooling at them, must have them, now I know who got them first! Mmmmmm... those darks look so luscious. Just when I thought I had all the colors.

They're wicked. Gotta love 'em.

svo164
06-23-2009, 09:05 PM
I just called Dakota to add some extra lids to my order and to ask about the new trays. They will not be available from Dakota until fall. Are they available anywhere? I guess I can make another foam tray when the darks arrive.

Deborah--Certainly to a beginner like me Dakota has been marvelous. There have been several times they went a very personal extra mile to make something work. And by the way, your images of the Southwest were much the reason for our spring month long trip there. Thank you.

Robert--Don't the darks look like Godiva chocolates to a chocoholic? Those who on this forum who used them certainly spoke well of them. And for $3 and pennies each? I'm sold.

Don--Your work and Robert's were new to me. Thank you both for inspirations.

Sandra

Deborah Secor
06-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks, Sandra, that's nice to hear. Hope you enjoyed our neck of the woods--uh, desert!

I'm told that the trays will be distributed to the retailers in September sometime. I'm doing a demonstration for the Pastel Society of New Mexico using the Pans in August and hoped the trays would be out, but I guess not.

Deborah

Donna A
06-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Hi, everyone! PanPastel said they now have all 20 new colors made and they are now preparing them to ship out! It will be at least a couple of weeks before the individual sellers have them, in most cases! It's exciting!!!

They are wonderful! I used several of the 10 that were already finished when I was demoing for PanPastel at IAPS and worked with the others over on the try-out table at the PanPastel booth!

I was amazed at the deep deep red! It surprised me so! It's wonderful and I'm looking soo forward to using it along with the other deep darks! You all are going to LOVE them!!! Too!

Deborah, you might check on various outlets for them because surely some will be available in time for you to use them at your demo in August!

Take good care!!! Donna ;-}