PDA

View Full Version : Video of my Studio/Gallery and Garden

AliciaS
06-15-2009, 08:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u-ST2ZGLdM

I hope you all enjoy this.
It is part one of a series.
The next one I will be painting in the studio.
Thanks for looking!:cat:

AliciaS
06-15-2009, 08:41 PM
If I post it again later, the video will be clearer when it is done processing.
So then I will post another one in this thread.
Sorry its not real clear.:o

Shari
06-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Alicia,

Nice to see you here again. I loved your little video. You have a gorgeous house and so many places to be outdoors! I loved this and can't wait to see your next one. Thanks.

artist_pw
06-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Hi:

You have a wonderful space! All the birds sound great too! :)

knippes
06-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Alicia, You've got some gorgeous gardens! And your studio is beautiful too. Thanks for posting.
-Kym

AliciaS
06-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Thank you Kym,Paula and Shari..the quality did get better...I guess it just takes youtube a while to get it uploaded.
I know my set up for painting is kind of scary!!(I'm no Daniel Green..lol)

SueNM
06-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Wow AliciaS! Your place must be huge with all that outdoor living space. Looks like lots of hard work has gone in to your landscaping too. Gorgeous.
Oh my, your art is phenomenal. I've never seen such beautiful portrait work.
Thank you so much for posting this, it was really fun to see.

Sue

saramathewson
06-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Alicia,

I love your gardens and the studio/gallery! What a wonderful work space. Your work is so beautiful. I have always been in awe of it and you and seeing more of it just makes me feel even more so. Thanks for sharing this and I can't wait to see the one with you painting. I love to see how people work!

Sara

eutherpendragon
06-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Alicia,

I enjoyed your video! Your work space and garden looks as if they provide a great place in which to work (and relax).

Your work is beautiful! Looking forward to part 2.

- Ann

AliciaS
06-17-2009, 10:30 AM
thank you all for taking the time to view it.
Sue,Sara and Ann I appreciate you also for your kind comments!:heart:
The garden was a team effort. My husband did all the hardscaping and
all the heavy stuff!! Which was alot! I did planting and I do alot of the upkeep
But I have to tell you, If it wasn't for him It wouldn't have happened! The pergola over the courtyard is from an old fence he took down..
When we moved here 9 years ago in
this November ( a year after I started painting) there was nothing!! except dirt rocks of granite and some succulants and that big Agave you see in the upper garden.
It has grown into a place we are just now really starting to enjoy..it has been alot of work and fun,,, we love doing it!! :heart:

*Violet*
06-17-2009, 06:21 PM
wow ... absolutely awesome !! ... that sure must have been an awful lot of work that you can now enjoy and be inspired by ... now lots of time to paint !! ... much success to you ... it's certainly a dream studio/garden/home !!

AliciaS
06-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Thank you Violet...iit has always been my dream to create a space like this.
thank you..

ElsieH
06-18-2009, 12:14 PM
:wave: Hi, Alicia!

Oh, I feel like I have just had a visit with you, a tour of your beautiful garden, a cup of tea sitting on one of these welcoming chairs, a tour of your studio...a visit with a friend!:heart:

With a garden like that, who needs a studio!:lol:
I know from living in Calif. for 6 years, that there are days you cannot just live outdoors, but I'd be tempted to just paint right out there!
That garden is a work of ART itself! Both you and your husband have put in the hours to make it that! :clap:

I loved your studio, too and the wonderful portraits! I would have loved to just linger over each one! They are do different and show such personality!

Thanks for inviting us in for tea!

ElsieH
06-18-2009, 12:19 PM
:wave: Hi, Alicia, again!

Ok, my wish was granted....I just went to your web site and enjoyed lingering over those portraits!
All those lovely soft edges just lead a person right into the face and the soul of the subject, while still letting you glimpse the whole person/body!
:heart: :heart: :heart: LOVELY!

Now I'll go back and linger some more!

AliciaS
06-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Thank you Elsie..
I did actually have a tea here a while back. it was for mothers day and there
were about 5 of us all dressed in white, and some with hats..I have always wanted to do that!
Sometimes my husband and i will sit in several different areas in one evening!!
Thanks again for all your comments..very nice of you..