PDA

View Full Version : Here ye Here ye read all about it! The Illusive DAK723 Revealed!!

Paula Ford
06-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Here he is folks! Our illusive WC Guide Don Ketchek, DAK723! I found him lurking at the Northeast National Pastel Exhibition! :lol: :lol: :lol: in Old Forge, NY this past weekend.

That is his beautiful painting that was juried into the show!! Gorgeous!

Don, what a pleasure it was meeting you and knowing you are real!! :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2009/1978-Don-sm.JPG

MORE PHOTOS WILL BE REVEALED IN THE NEW THREAD "NORTHEAST NATIONAL PASTEL EXHIBITION"

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:D

Colorix
06-15-2009, 01:24 PM
He exists! Not a figment of WC fantasy, eh? Thank you Paula for giving us a face to connect with Don.

Don, nice to see you, you look great! And so does the painting, congrats to being accepted!

Charlie

gingersnap
06-15-2009, 01:26 PM
don, congrats! obviously you have great knowledge as you kindly share with us in your lessons! great painting!

thankyou paula!

water girl
06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
So happy to finally meet you! You've been hiding behind your avitar for so long, I was thinking it was your photo. :lol: Nice portrait there, Don. Congrats on getting in the show!

DAK723
06-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Who is that imposter??????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But seriously....

Yes, it is me standing in front of my pastel. It was a thrill to be in the show and it was great meeting fellow WetCanvasers! Up until now I had not met anyone from WC in person and there were no pictures of me posted anywhere! No doubt, most of you were picturing me as a younger Cary Grant or perhaps an older Brad Pitt. Sorry to destroy the illusion. :lol:

My avatar - though it seems kind of blasphemous now, but when I joined up I had no idea that I would become such a regular - is from a Renoir self portrait. As many of you have probably noticed from other posts and my classroom lessons, Renoir is my favorite painter.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2009/82335-renoir-self-portrait.jpg

Hmmm...I have seen this image so many times, I am starting to think it does look like me!

Don

Donna T
06-15-2009, 02:22 PM
That's a great photo of you next to your gorgeous painting, Don! How nice to be able to meet WC people in person - I haven't had the pleasure yet.

Donna

Judibelle
06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Don, I kinda fizzled out on the portrait classes....I guess a little more than I could handle right now....but I do follow it. Great course, and of course, great work that you do....So glad to see that beautiful portrait in the show. (Wish I lived just a bit closer...would love to have attended...)
anyway, congrats to all you who were in it....and maybe someday I'll really get to meet you in person...
JB

Deborah Secor
06-15-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2009/23609-renoir-don.jpg

Hmmm, suspicious similarity.

:D
Deborah

DAK723
06-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Deb,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bravo!

Don

Colorix
06-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Deb!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2009/117343-toocool.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2009/117343-cool3.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2009/117343-34523-woohoo.gif

Don, honestly, Brad Pitt... http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2009/117343-gaspa.gif (I'm not gonna reveal what his last name means in Swedish, you'd have to butt-icon this thread. :lol: ) Renoir was a charming lighthearted and humorous painter, who had some fun teasing his friends. Fits you perfectly!

DAK723
06-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Renoir was a charming lighthearted and humorous painter, who had some fun teasing his friends. Fits you perfectly!

Thanks Charlie! To be compared to Renoir in any way is a great compliment!

Now, if only I could paint more like him!

Don

NancyS.
06-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Don,

Your painting is absolutely beautiful!! Wish I was there to see it in person. Congratulations on having it accepted into the show. And you look way better than Brad Pitt!

Nancy

scall0way
06-15-2009, 10:37 PM
YAY, I've loved so many of DAK723's posts! (and what does the 723 mean anyway? :lol: ) How nice to see an actual face. And he's much better looking that Brad Pitt to boot. :D

DAK723
06-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and compliments!

I really appreciate the positive comparisons to Brad Pitt, but the only celebrity that anyone ever thought I looked like is Weird Al Jankovic (the guy who did some popular music video spoofs). The words "heartthrob" and "Don" have rarely been spoken in the same sentence! :crying:

The "723" in my online name shall remain the one last mystery about me. It might have deep symbolic meaning. It might have great mathematical significance. It might meant that there are at least 722 other DAKs...:D

Don

Lynne Vokatis
06-15-2009, 11:27 PM
:grouphug: hey don:wink2: ! it was great to meet you.i think you ,your dog and your artwork are just fab!!!!!
deb wow that is tooooo cool.
lynne

Dougwas
06-15-2009, 11:55 PM
The "723" in my online name shall remain the one last mystery about me. It might have deep symbolic meaning. It might have great mathematical significance. It might meant that there are at least 722 other DAKs...:D

Don

Or it might mean you were born on July 23.:eek:

Doug

Deborah Secor
06-16-2009, 12:43 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2009/23609-dak.jpg
Doug has busted you! :lol:

knippes
06-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Congrats Don - beautiful painting! It sure is neat to meet the folks from WC.
-Kym

Colorix
06-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Lemme tell you The Truth about women. This will gain you a unique insight, and give you advantages over every other male.

Just like men who drool over Angelina, (or Marilyn M, for us who were born before the 60s), women may 'drool' a bit too over the Brads and James Deans. The men don't actually go out with, or marry, the Angelinas and Marilyns. "Men prefer blondes, but marry brunettes", is a saying I heard back in the 70s, I think. Likewise with women, we marry the nice rather ordinary guys who are decent, are kind to children and animals, and who have that most alluring quality of all: they love us, and they show it.
The vast majority of women does just that.

And the secret lies in: Show her you're very interested in her. Show it by lighting up when you meet her, show it in your smile, in the lingering eye contact. Show it by being interested in what goes on in her mind, and listen to her. And continue to show interest 15 years into the marriage/relationship.

Yes, you're looking great! The dog is a definite bonus, too!

DAK723
06-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Charlie, thanks for the tips about women. As a lifelong bachelor, I need all the help I can get!! :o

I've always heard that an air of mystery is also helpful in attracting the opposite sex. :cool:
But, alas, all my mysteries are now revealed. Yes, I was born on 7/23....

Don

aurora70
06-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Too funny! I agree with Lynn...it was a pleasure to meet you! And the puppy!

annette71
06-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Nice meeting your face, Don...as we all already were acquainted with your presonality here at WC!

Annette

PETE K
06-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Don, nice to see you for real. and congratulations.

Adriana Meiss
06-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Deborah Secor: Doug has busted you!
See Don, you cannot keep secrets from us!:lol: :lol:
It was so nice meeting you! And I have to agree with Nancy, you are much cuter than Brad Pitt, besides, you have substance!

DAK723
06-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I must say thanks to all who have posted in this thread! I appreciate all the kind words!

Based on your comments, I will be moving to Hollywood in a few weeks seeking fame and fortune. Autographed 8" x 10" photos will be available soon from my publicist! :lol:

But seriously...If I weren't so modest, I would say that it has been nice to have a thread that is all about me!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks again!

Don

Paula Ford
06-17-2009, 07:16 PM
...And I have to agree with Nancy, you are much cuter than Brad Pitt, besides, you have substance!

I totally agree with that!! :D

DAK723
06-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Poor Brad Pitt. He's going to end up with an inferiority complex!!

Don

Kathryn Wilson
06-18-2009, 12:36 AM
You mean you aren't Brad Pitt!!!! All this time, I thought Brad was hiding behind that goatee. Shucks Don, nice to meet ya finally :)