PDA

View Full Version : I would like to share - Update

nana b
06-06-2009, 10:53 PM
a very good day today. I was in a one day show today and won two awards, Artist Choice and Equal Merit Award (same as 1st place in your media) with good money for each. Also, I sold an original that was pretty pricey and two giclees. Everything kind of happened all at once and my heart did skip some beats:D. The Artist's Choice was a great compliment because I don't care how good you are, if the other artist don't think well of you, I doubt that you could win it:heart:. That's worth a lot more than money. I've sold two big ticket paintings in less than a week and I really feel like crying:crying: , not out of unhappiness but out of a feeling of relief...relief of going forward another step and thanking god for giving me the patience and determination to keep working at it. Okay, so I'm feeling a little humble...well okay, a lot humble...blubber, blubber. Thanks out there to all my wc friends.

nana

Paula Ford
06-06-2009, 11:02 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You go girl!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! That's so wonderful Phyllis!!

Can you show us photos of the winners and sold paintings?

birdhs
06-06-2009, 11:02 PM
YOU DESERVE IT! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am sure I am not alone in feeling you are an ARTIST and now you can prove it, but we knew it all along.

Scottyarthur
06-06-2009, 11:27 PM
:clap: Big congrats are in hand :thumbsup: glad to hear that you have done very well

saramathewson
06-06-2009, 11:29 PM
That's awesome! Congratulations!!!

Sara:)

bchlvr
06-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Congratulations!!!

PeggyB
06-06-2009, 11:58 PM
:clap: This is fabulous news Phyllis. I'm very happy for you - and totally understand your feeliings of gratitude and awe at being so recognized by your peers.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peggy

IdahoHat
06-07-2009, 12:03 AM
So VERY happy for you. You've worked so hard at your craft and the encouragement is motivation to keep at it.

I had a friend there selling his photography cards (of beautiful birds) and prints, my former boss, Larry Ferree. He sent out announcements to many and I'm sure that he did well. I buy his cards every Christmas, especially for husband who uses them to send out encouragement to people. I told him to be sure and go by your booth, but not sure he was able to break free.

Again, WOO-HOO! for Phyllis.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DAK723
06-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Wow, what a day!! Congrats!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Don

Dougwas
06-07-2009, 12:43 AM
You have worked hard for this nana, so this is well deserved success. Enjoy every minute of it. I have been a member of WC for over two years now, and it has been a pleasure to watch you grow as an artist. Congratulations.:thumbsup:

Doug

Tracy Lang
06-07-2009, 02:12 AM
WOOT, Nana B!!!!

Tracy

Mary Brigid
06-07-2009, 06:27 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Nana your news thrills me to bits. I am really really delighted for you. You deserve all this. Well done
Mary Brigid

Lisa Fiore
06-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Congratulations!! Well deserved!

Dot Hoffman
06-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Phyllis....that's absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap:

Donna T
06-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Wow, Phyllis, no wonder your emotions are all over the place! That's a lot to happen in a short period of time. Congratulations! Like the others have said, you deserve the recognition for your talent and the Artist's Choice only reaffirms what we already know - you're a nice person too! We are very fortunate to be able to say you are one of us here at WC! :heart:

Donna

Colorix
06-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Fantastic! Congratulations!

Charlie

bluefish
06-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Congratulations! You also won the 'RHUBARB AWARD' of the week! Way to go - been telling you how good you are - now maybe you'll believe me!!!!!!

'blue....' :thumbsup:

Kathryn Day
06-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Phyllis, what a wonderful day for you! Congratulations to you. Would love to see the paintings too!

IMaybe
06-07-2009, 04:01 PM
:clap: I have always enjoyed your work!! This is wonderful, and well deserved. What a whirlwind of emotions!!! I bet you will be high for a while!!!

Deborah Secor
06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Great, Phyllis! Enjoy.

Deborah

Devonlass
06-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Great job Phyllis. Are you going to show us your prize winners?

nana b
06-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi, and thank you Paula, birdhs, Scotty, sara, Linn, Peggy, Harriett, Don,
Doug, Tracy,Mary, elizabeth, Dot, Donna, Charlie, bluefish, Kathryn, and Imaybe!! I have been sleeping a lot today...I'm pooped out:p If I missed someone, yell at me because all the comments and cheering has meant a lot to me.
Harriett, yes He came down and offered homemade cookies...yum-yum but I wasn't sure who he was talking about so we didn't for sure connect on that point but now it's clear!! And what makes it so funny is that he worked at the same place I did for years. I recognised his name on his art tag! How funny! And you worked for him at sometime and someplace. Pretty darn interesting1 He's a nice man.
Okay here are the pictures!

The first is "Mt Scott" 19x15, and was the painting they put on all their posters. Picked by the judge Rick McClure, a very, very fine professional artist.
The second is "Early Morning Baking" 9x12, I sold this one less than a week ago. It was the Artist Choice award along with another one that was voted on too.
I'm posting a better image of the bowl and apple and also another one "Peaceful Passage" that got votes for Artist Choice"
The one Mt Scott, I can't find a better image but will soon and post that if you want.

Yours truely,
nana

Paula Ford
06-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Beautiful, beautiful pieces!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

IdahoHat
06-08-2009, 12:35 AM
I love them all, Phyllis. And the Mt. Scott, I recognize from Oklahoma. "Early Morning Baking" is one I would have a hard time passing up, even if I had to borrow some cash!

That's really amazing that you worked with Larry as well. He was my best boss ever and I got to be friends with his sweet wife Suzy.

Rest up and get back to painting. You've got a groove going on.

nvcricket
06-08-2009, 02:28 AM
A HUGE congratulations Phyliss.
Your growth and success is an inspiration for all of us!

May your blessings multiply!

Carol

artist_pw
06-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi:

Very nice - way to go! :)

nana b
06-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks Paula:) :wave:

Harriett, thank you! Interesting how our lives have crossed , isn't it? Oh, and by the way, I do have giclees (prints) of the "early Morning Baking":)

Carol, thanks, how sweet you are!

Paula, thank you too!

Yours truly,
nana (Phyllis)

Scottyarthur
06-08-2009, 09:40 AM
these are great, I can see why you did so well.

Adriana Meiss
06-08-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm so happy for you! You really deserve it girl!:clap: :clap: :clap:

nana b
06-08-2009, 07:47 PM
I did miss someone and I don't know how. Deborah a big thanks to you!:)

Scotty, thanks again!

And to you Adriana, thanks a lot!

nana