PDA

View Full Version : Has LaCarte paper changed surface?

seosamhin
06-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I just purchased several sheets of LaCarte paper and find the surface very different from the sheets I have from several years ago. The old stuff I have has a velvety feel but the new sheets are a lot more abrasive.

Just wondered if anyone knows if there has been a change in surface texture.
Julia

Kathryn Wilson
06-02-2009, 12:36 AM
You might contact the company - the sheets I've had over the past several years have felt abrasive to me - but I don't use that paper much.

Dot Hoffman
06-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Mine is abrasive too, but they also just came out with a new paper that will withstand water.

Colorix
06-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Mine is not velvety, but it is less abrasive than sanded papers. It has an uneven grit that is pleasing to me.

Interesting with a new version that can take water!

Charlie

Deborah Secor
06-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Chances are that over the course of years some of the formulation has changed. Manufacturers cannot always get the needed materials as consistently as they would like, and simply have to re-work things a bit. I bet that's the difference here, although I don't know for sure. I still like the qualities of this paper and I'm looking forward to the next generation. I was given a section of one sheet of the waterproof kind to play with, so I'll let you know! :wink2:

Deborah

seosamhin
06-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I must check the new paper I have. Maybe I have the one that takes water. If not it will be interesting to see how Deborah finds it.
Julia

Tich
07-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Deb, where did you get the new LaCarte from and have you tried it yet? Do you know where I can get some.

Ta Ta Tich