View Full Version : quick Dry Cafe 5/231/09 through 6/6/09

Pages : [1] 2

idylbrush
05-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Time for a new week.

noodle1
05-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Eveyone,

Wow a new week and into June, here's hoping for some very nice weather throughout. Coffee on and juice, gotta get moving I'm on the schedule again and then well dunno what I'll do with the rest of the day, is beautiful out.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday, will catch ya later.

Elaine

Lady Carol
05-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Morning everyone.
It is another nice day here.

Coffee is on. Help yourself before it gets cold.

gaykir
05-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Wish I had time to share the juice & coffee but I am in a whirl! I put my home on the market two days ago and am planning to move to a highrise condo loft on Portland OR! I am moving to the Pearl district in downtown. It's like going home for me. I will be half way between my brother and my sister. I am having an estate sale & selling everything and buying new when I get there -(OR has no sales tax).Kathleen, I'm taking a page from your book! I probably will not be painting for a while....I'll try to pop in and keep up with what y'all are producing. I will be leaving the heat and learning to live with rain. Later..........that coffee does smell good!

Kathrin G.
05-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Good afternoon :wave:
Weather is just gorgeous and forecasted to stay this way at least till next Friday, Yippee :D Went off and bought a BBQ today, I am going cooking our supper on it this evening. Kids are delighted :)
I am off to work in a few minutes. Have a nice day everyone :wave:

OkeeKat
05-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Good Mornin' all!!:wave:
Howard love your garden, sounds like you had a great day at the farmers market!! Hope your feeling a bit better today.
Gayle, congrats on the new home, wow thats a drastic move. but always fun setting up a new place. Be careful your getting too close to where Ray lives!!!:lol:
Kathrin have a good day and dont work to hard!
Mary, thanks, I know its so sad to see the dogs get so sick. Very hard to make that decision, we did shortly after we adopted Vinnie had to put down our dog of 9 yrs was like losing one of the family. Vinnie had a good day yesterday, so will take one day at a time. Hang in there... seems your little one is a few yrs older then Vinnie.((HUGS)).
Ray, I too thought of the Danger sign!!:lol:

Had a good workshop yesterday and it continues today, 2day thing... we send in photos here and there and he critiques them, very helpful.
Its a portrait workshop in oils... a learning experience.

Yesterday, just as I was finishing up the workshop(while he was critiquing others, mine done) got a phone call.... The Lady who I did the portrait of her deceased son Michael.. wants another larger portrait of her and her husband!! YEAH!! So she is sending me the photos.. with no email so soon as I get them will begin... she has two separate photos, but told her that was not a problem as thats how I did my grandparents. SO realy looking forward to that one!!:clap:

Hope everyone has a great Day, Happy Painting!!
:heart:

Shirl Parker
05-31-2009, 11:14 AM
... am planning to move to a highrise condo loft on Portland OR! ...

Oh, golly, and having to give up the Artists' Showplace?

eyepaint
05-31-2009, 12:33 PM
... I put my home on the market two days ago and am planning to move to a highrise condo loft on Portland OR! I am moving to the Pearl district in downtown. ... I am having an estate sale & selling everything and buying new when I get there -(OR has no sales tax).Kathleen, I'm taking a page from your book!

Congratulations! What a fun and whirlwind time you will have! Fresh starts are great.

AMuse
05-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Wow Gayle! Enjoy the whirlwind as much as you can and I hope you love your new home. Portland is a wonderful city (and not too far from Daniel Smith Art Supplies! LOL)

today we are going to go visit my brother and SIL and their beautiful kids. I'm really looking forward to it.

I have a lot on the go right now... but it's all good. Only one day helping at the school this week - but it's a full day field trip to Heritage Park with the kindergarten kids! :eek:

susme48
05-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Morning all!! (sorry doing the shortcut this am :))

Coffee here too...just made a fresh pot...been chatting with neighbor and hubby and now eating a late breakfast (also doing laundryhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/128fs395368.gif and cleaning bathrooms http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/cleaning-212.gifbetween things...sigh)

Elaine, I hope you have an enjoyable Sunday!!

Carol, hope your 'chafe' is better. Pretty day here too, tho' kind of hot.

Gayle...long move...hope you have lots of help!!
Wish I could sneak to Dallas and be at your sale!

Kathrin, we are barbequeing tonight also, Bob will say he cooked dinner, but someone else has to do the potatoes, and veggie, etc! And he brought me strawberries as a gift...I think he wants strawberry shortcake...:lol:

Enjoy the rest of your workshop, Kathie!! Congrats on the commission!

Hi, Shirl and EP!! Hope your lives have been going well!!

Hey there Kathy...have a good visit!!

Not sure what is happening here today, other than finishing the washing...I hope I get to paint!

Raymo
05-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Gayle, be careful your getting too close to where Ray lives!!!:lol:

Hey....I heard that :mad:....weirdo....:lol:

Gayle's gonna love it up here. The Pearl District is an artist community within the city. Pretty cool place and lots of wonderful weirdo's. She'll fit in easily....:lol:

Hey, maybe i'll stalk her until she agrees to give me one of her paintings. I will do my Billy Bob Thornton's Slingblade impersonation....gimmee that there paintin, mmm hmmm.

:evil:-----> (guess I dont need to type the name)

Kathrin G.
05-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Good Evening all :wave: ha ha, love being the odd one out with a different time zone :lol:
Elaine, hope you had a lovely day :)
Carol, the same for you :wave:
Gayle, wohoo for the move. It is great at times to start all afresh. So exciting :clap:
Kathie, good on you for putting in the effort into learning the new medium properly and hurray for the new commission :clap:
Hi Shirl and EP :wave:
Kathy, hope you had a fun day with your brother and his family :)
Susan, hope you get to paint :)
Ray, just be careful that she wont stalk you :evil: :lol:

Work was easy, with the heat we have all the horses are out, bar the little sick foal and his mummy and the teaser pony.
BBQ went down well with the kids especially. No break from the cooking for me tho :rolleyes: I have to be the queen of that too, himself is really no good at that either :lol:
Kids are out the front practicing Hurling, cats upstairs asleep, dogs out the back enjoying the sun himself at the pub
and I am just sitting here listening to the top 100 number 1 pop-songs and zapping through cyber world :smug:
and to top it off, tomorrow is Bank Holiday and we only work Sunday hours again hurray :D

Lady Carol
05-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Kids are out the front practicing Hurling cats
Oh poor kitties......

:lol:

idylbrush
05-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Got outside for a little bit today and got some photos of the garden, isn't that surprising.:wink2: :lol:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2009/36241-bloodlily.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2009/36241-doublelily.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2009/36241-figs.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2009/36241-groundrose.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2009/36241-mellons.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2009/36241-sedum.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2009/36241-waterlily.jpg

Kathrin G.
05-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Carol, lol :lol: :lol: :lol: that would be poor kitties indeed :cat: :lol:
Howard, your garden looks as stunning as usual :clap:

worked out the sketch for my next horse painting :D had to fiddle the ears a bit as this boy is an old and grumpy guy who wouldn't flip them up and forward for me :rolleyes: ....but he is famous so I guess that gives him the right to be as grumpy as he likes :evil: :lol:

gnu
05-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone - some of you I don't know!! However Hello anyway.
I am in sunny Hawkes Bay, it is the first day of winter today(monday 1st June) and yeserday we had hail and I swear a couple of snow flurries too!! IT NEVER snows here...... we are in a storm straight from the antartic right now, in fact the weather forcaster yeserday says he has never seen a low come from so far south before, in all his 20 years....
I have only done one small acrylic painting in May, a gift. I am concentrating on Coloured Pencil work, since I have many acrylics in storage and want to sell some more. I have a new website underway where I will sell my art work from - It is very exciting.
We are about to head off for the mountains to a ski lodge(custodians) for the winter. I can't wait to get some more wonderful referenced for the Plateau...Brr feels like we are there already!! :) :)
Have a wonderful start to June everyone, when you get there :) :)

Lady Carol
05-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Hey Gill, long time no see :D. You have been missed. I guess I will see you over in the CP forum (as will a couple of others from here). I kind of started a trend with CP and a few other acrylicers have taken the plunge after I convinced them that the water really wasn't too cold.

Speaking of CP. I finished this drawing.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7888403#post7888403

susme48
05-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Taking a few minute break from my bridge painting...a little trouble deciding on the bg..since I did not like the one on the ref...plus I am only using the general idea, since it was not a 'free' pic.

Kathrin...that makes me chuckle everytime I read you talk about hurling...I know what it is...but somehow after saying you just ate barbeque, and then that the kids are practicing hurling...well...:lol:

Sigh...flowers, and veggie/fruit...so lovely Howard!

Carol...:lol:

Ray...are you playing http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/character00110.gif again? :evil:

Kathrin...have to ask as well...what is a teaser pony?? Since it is a stud farm...all sorts of pictures run thru' my head on this one...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/306.gif

Hi Gill!!

Carol, that is a beauty!!

Took a few pics the other day...some flowers for Howard...some horses and a donkey colt that was having so much fun running and jumping that Bubba and I were laughing! He is still so (about a week, maybe 2) young that his knees knock together, and he is just learning how much he can...and cannot, do!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2009/51170-donkeyfoal2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2009/51170-donkeyfoal3.jpg

*dee*
05-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Ray, I too thought of the Danger sign!!:lol:

:rolleyes: Hmmm, Leo was a "no-brainer" as far as I'm concerned....I was married to one (once upon a time). I know just how aggravating :evil: ...and adorable :heart: ...a Leo can be. :lol: Talk about bi-polar Geminis, hah....Leo's are either snarling or purring, there's NO in-between. :D

Bright Eyes
05-31-2009, 06:57 PM
:evil:-----> (guess I dont need to type the name)
Ya I saw that!

Just stopping in for a quick hello. Got company over. Have a nice day everyone:wave:
:evil: -----------------------> He Whose Name Must not be Mentioned

Raymo
05-31-2009, 07:20 PM
:evil: -----------------------> He so fine

Awww, youre so sweet....:lol:

Kathrin G.
05-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi Gill :wave: nice to meet you. Sounds pretty cold down there :eek:
Carol, WOW :clap:
Susan, lol about the hurling :lol: I guess it must sound funny alright :lol:
and the Teaser pony, yep, I think you got his true job figured out :lol: poor fellow gets the tough job and the stallions all the fun :lol:
lovely photos, got to love the baby donkey :heart:
Hi Dee :) guess you are talking star signs here :confused: yes...no....maybe....
Kim, enjoy the company :)
Ray, :lol:

Just off the phone to my best friend back home in Germany, catching up on all the latest. So my plan of painting some went out the window :rolleyes: Too late to start now, it is not too far of midnight :cool:
Hurray for the Bank Holiday tomorrow, at least short working hours :D

Lady Carol
05-31-2009, 08:21 PM
I know just how aggravating :evil: ...and adorable :heart: ...a Leo can be.
How sweet of you to say that about me...... How ever did you know?

Cute donkeys Susan, especially the one with all the antics.

Kathrin, hope the BBQ went well and the kids are happily asleep dreaming of burgers and hotdogs. Thank you for the lovely compliments on the drawing :D

idylbrush
05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Susan, really think the honeysuckle is a beauty. I am considering a red one for my yard. Is the other flower a yucca?

Today was a low energy day. I worked in the studio for a bit. But other than that little got done today. Tomorrow is filled with appointments and lunch with a friend and then tracking down a deposit that was supposed to be made to my checking account that the bank seems to have no interest in finding.

Did get Contemplation 15 photographed today and finally got an acceptable image. The black out curtains seem to be paying off. It has helped. Hoping the CF bulb lighting will bring a new polish to the process. Guess I will find out when they get here.

Since I am also a Leo, I am in the good company of Raymo, Carol and a few others I imagine.

Lady Carol
05-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Since I am also a Leo, I am in the good company of Raymo, Carol and a few others I imagine.
Wohoooo!!! :clap: Leos rule and apparently we have the coolest in our group :evil: :D :p :wink2:

PattiLou
05-31-2009, 10:48 PM
June:eek: I know it will be here tomorrow but I was just getting used to May.:lol: Where did it go? Now we are well on our way to the year being half over and I thought it just started *sigh*.

Susan baby animals are so cute even when they are ugly. I'm still amazed that they can walk or fly right away. We humans are a lot slower.:o

Kathrin I think the same as Susan every time you write about hurling. Funny isn't it? Especially when you used hurling and BBQ together.

Howard what did you use for your blackout curtains, I may have to do that in my studio (which is a glorified shed).

Since I am also a Leo, I am in the good company of Raymo, Carol and a few others I imagine.Well some of us have to be Scorpio, we can't all be a Leo. I'm married to a Cancer, so we are not supposed to get along. Guess it is taking us a long time to find out.

Managed to gesso 6 boards today so that I can start adding color. Now I just need a plan on what to paint.... as long as it contains a tree, lol.

Ya'll have a great eveing.

RPut
05-31-2009, 11:04 PM
I'mmmmm Hooooommmmme!!!

Had a GREAT trip! Opening windows, and will begin the unpacking process. Then back to catch up!

susme48
05-31-2009, 11:18 PM
I think so Howard....I am not too good with names of flowers :o The honeysuckle smells magnificent!! Not knowing what it was, I cut much of it down as it was smothering our trees. Need to transplant some and train it on something.

Well...I don't know how many Leo's there are...but remember that Gemini's are the twins...so there are twice as many as you. :) But unless Mary or Kathleen or Maria, want to be the rulers...you can have that drudgery! Now coolest I would doubt! I feel like we are a pretty cool group ourselves!!! :D But it is not in our nature to be argumentative...:angel: so 'nuff said. :angel:

Patti...I know what you mean....seems like Christmas was just here...sigh!

Welcome home Ruthie!!!!!

Bright Eyes
05-31-2009, 11:54 PM
I know just how aggravating :evil: ...and adorable :heart: ...a Leo can be. :lol: Talk about bi-polar Geminis, hah....Leo's are either snarling or purring, there's NO in-between. :D
:lol: my hubby would agree with you on that!:lol: I'm a leo too. Seems to be a lot of us prowling around here:rolleyes:

OkeeKat
06-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Hello all,
Finaly finished my workshop!!
Had a great time with the online workshop this weekend, each day about 8hrs. with some breaks and sending in photos of our work for critiques. Was very different painting in oils, a new experience for me.
First time I had painted a portrait without sketching it first!!!
Going to post it here since its not quite appropriate for our WOYE thread.

Kathrin, thanks much I'm excited about doing this commission!!
Susan, Loved your photos, the colt is precious!! would make some great paintings!!
Hi Gill, nice to meet you too!! sending some warm weather your way!!
Dee, ok if your taking star signs guess Ray was born under the Big Dipper or is Big Dip?? hmmm:rolleyes:
Kim, Have hope you had fun with the company!
Carol, wow your color pencil is realy looking fantastic, I dont have the patience to take that long doing that much detail, I give you alot of credit!! Its gorgeous!
Howard, wow those melons are looking great, didnt realize you had more then one.. on that plant.. dont even go there Ray!! :lol:
Patti, Hiya, sounds like your all set to start some new stuff, good luck!! I did also gesso a 16x20 today for the commission, photos should arrive in the mail soon, she doesn't have computer.
Ruthie, YEAH!! Welcome home, glady ou had a good trip, we truely enjoyed our visit!! Have a good eve.

Dont know much about the zodiac signs, but me I'm a Virgo and Joe is Aquarius. my Son is a leo and daughter a scropio!
Ok off to clean up my desk of my oil painting stuff,clean my brushes and tomorrow move painting and easel back to dining room.
Here is the portrait, no sketch used, 11x14 canvas panel, done at the workshop this weekend.

susme48
06-01-2009, 02:45 AM
Kathie, Kathie, Kathie....WOW! That is one heck of a lesson! Amazing for 2days, no sketch! Actually, just plain amazing to me, anyway! :clap:

Kathrin G.
06-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Hello everyone :wave: plenty of coffee for all you sleepy heads from the other time zone :lol: another glorious day here. The heat is just amazing :D
Carol, you did do a fantastic job on your drawing, so the praise is well deserved :wink2:
Howard, Honeysuckle is just fantastic, isn't it :)
Patti, happy painting on your freshly prepped boards. I am a Scorpion too :smug: Scorpio is just the best sign :D
Hi Ruthie :wave: hope you had a lovely time but I guess its good to be home too.
Susan, my best friend and my mom are Gemini too :)
Hi Kim :wave:
Kathie, WOW, this is fantastic :clap: looks like you took to it like the duck to water :clap:

too hot for gardening, will leave that till this evening when I have to water the plants anyway. Just cleaned out Dotty's hamster-home-paradise. Spoiled little girl she is.
Might paint some trees, really should get a move on them :cool:

noodle1
06-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Morning Everyone,

Kathrin I have coffee too, and I always forget about your time zone..hahaha

Carol...just posted bout you water lily, it is gorgeous and I love the play of the water and the lily, you're just fine woman!

Kathie that is exquisite! You just get better and better and the sky is the limit kiddo! Fine job! I'm a Virgo too, on the cusp little Libra in their as well. haha daughter an Aquarius, son a Leo, hubby a scorpio..the male ones knock heads with the Virgo's I'm told..haha sure happens round here at times...LOL So much for zodiac signs tho I always win....LOL LOL

Kim I should have known lol, their the "mane" people, their crowning glory their hair..lol my son is worse then any girl I know with his hair..hahaha well when he was younger anyway. I like Leo's they keep ya on your toes..haha

Hello Gill nice to meet you!

Morning Sue those photos are great, love the little guy, Kathleen, Shirl, EP, Dances, Howard, Robert, Raymo, Mary, Dee, Kat, Kathy, Sharon, Patti, Ruthie Welcome Home

Beautiful day here, lost yesterday completely with Jess, she's always on the move..hahaha We did watch a movie last night tho, anyone every seen Benjamin Buttons...we had no idea but it looked good, plus she thinks "Brad" is hot...lol Really good movie, kind of sad and long but it was worth it.

Okay grocery shopping once again for me today then some painting. Once I'm done with all of it I'm itching to get back to the colored pencils. Hope everyone enjoys their day, meets up with all the tiny treasures it can offer.
See ya all later,
Hugs,
Elaine

idylbrush
06-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Patti, I used black felt. Had to use a double layer but it was easy. Darkens the space enough to give me a chance to do the photo work I need. I did the door with the curtain and for the window which is very difficult for me to get to, I used a sheet of cardboard and got most of it covered. Dark enough anyway to get a good reading.

Still cleaning and rearranging the studio.

I am still putting 15 pounds of sugar in a 5 pound bag it seems. Takes a great deal of effort to keep this place from looking like an explosion at Walmart.

Back to no rain. Haven't seen rain in almost a week. Sure could use a bit more it seems.

Kathie, looks like you enjoyed and learned from the over weekend workshop. Nice finish.

Susan, I think that is what we called a century plant. It was said to bloom once in a century and when done, it dies. They have a variety here that sends a bloom shoot up about 30 feet or so and is beautiful.

Have to start my book over again. Seems there were some printing issues and they asked that I rework the book. So, might as well start from scratch and add some of the newer works.

Hoping my new photo studio lights ship today. Could have them by weeks end. It is on three day delivery so it could happen.

Got 8.5 hours sleep last night and only up once for a few minutes. Better living through chemistry. My dad never slept much and I guess I am following his lead. He also died from cancer so I hope I don't follow to closely.

biddlebeach
06-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Holy smokes! where did the weekend go? I wish they were a tad bit longer,, sigh,,

I am a gemini, that is the twins, so if I am not a twin,, I become the twin,, hehee, either the sweet twin or the evil twin, and I can switch quickly! LOL,,

Today is going to be a difficult day around here. our little girl is going to head to "Rainbow Bridge". sigh,,
Will do tons of cleaning this afternoon. and crying I am sure,,
Will try to check in later..

I dropped off my lighthouse yesterday after fighting with myself over it. My junior high school teacher was there manning the show, he took one of his paintings off the wall to put mine up,, nice of him, I said, if it isn't going to get hung, I won't bother leaving it here.
apparently, there is special spots for us artist, the rest is for the art guild, or whatever it is they call themselves. that is why they had more stuff up, would have been nice if she had SAID that in the first place. But, what the he!! do I know?

anywho, better get a move on, got to work this AM, then take the scoot out to get inspected. then start with the deep cleaning..
see ya all later then,, maybe,,

PattiLou
06-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Kathie... double what Susan said. I wouldn't attempt a portrait without a sketch of some kind.

Thanks Howard.
I am still putting 15 pounds of sugar in a 5 pound bag it seems.Don't we all?:lol:

Awww Mary, you need a group hug. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2009/125378-grouphug.gifSo sorry you have to do this and I will be thinking about you.

I'm off to the library again today, see ya later.

dances_with_oils
06-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Morning everyone (afternoon and evening to the time zone folks)

Spent a really nice weekened with a friend visiting and helping build a patio.

Now I have to redo the guest bedroom for my in-laws arriving on Wednesday. I do enjoy when they come, love them to pieces.

I got word that my new easel arrives sometime this week and I'm so excited!

Kathy I love your portrait! Excellent job!

Howard, glad to hear you got some sleep and you're getting your studio worked on. I just love your garden - mine is coming but it was a tad cold yesterday so lots of delays still with plants blooming.

Susan, nice pics! I have a single stem jasmine plant that just looks awful compared to yours.. LOL...

Carol, lovely waterlilly over on CP.

Mary, sorry to hear about your girl. Hugs.

I'm a Leo too...

Kathrin G.
06-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi Elaine :wave: happy shopping and painting :)
Howard, hope you get some rain soon
Mary, a massive hug to you girl. She will be better for it but I know it is soooooooo hard. Thinking of you ((hug))
Patti, have a good time at the Library
Dances, enjoy the patio and the easel when it gets there

off to work again for the afternoon check up and feed up. My Poppies finally opened from the sun, hip hip hurray :D
some photos from the garden :) Love my new lens, makes nices photos I think :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2009/113357-rose.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2009/113357-rose1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2009/113357-poppy.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2009/113357-poppy1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2009/113357-Dianthus.jpg

*dee*
06-01-2009, 10:40 AM
G'mornin' y'all! :wave:

Hugs for Mary first thing! :(

Kathie, that is a fantastic painting!....and for it to be without a sketch! :eek: Great job!

Here's a new Playng for Change video.....

http://www.playingforchange.com/episodes/9/Change_Is_Gonna_Come

edrickart
06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone!

Just letting you all know that I am making a slow return to posting on WC!

Yes, the second half of the year is now underway, and I reckon it will be better than the first half for me. Since last posting towards the end of last year we had a close family bereavement, and later had a heavy fall and broke my elbow! I have mobility problems as it is, and the are injury has made it extremely fun, I can tell you! Bet you all have tubes of paint where the tops seem to "weld" themselves on; try undoing them one handed!

This is NOT A SYMPATHY NOTE - just letting those who remember me know where I have been and why I have been absent. Hopefully I will now be in a position to once again contribute a little.

Regards,

Paul

Shirl Parker
06-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Paul, you don't want to rush the year, the second half doesn't start till next month :cat:

Glad you are back and best wishes for the road to recovery.

Raymo
06-01-2009, 11:27 AM
:crying:....sorry Mary, we all love you....:grouphug:

AMuse
06-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone. well the stress of the last little whlie caught up to me and I have a killer migraine today. I still have a lot to do, but I'm going to have to wait a bit until the drugs kick in so I can see with BOTH eyes.... lol

OkeeKat
06-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Good Mornin' all!!:wave:
Susan,Karhrin, Elaine,Patti,Dee, THANK YOU so much, Yes he realy is a good teacher and takes his time too, I've been watching him for while now on his show its almost every eve during the week and the shows are recorded so check em out!! alota good info!!! and yes it was a great lesson!!:clap:
Now as soon as I get the photos in the mail will start on the commission, a double portrait!

Elaine isnt it funny how we each have one of the same signs in the family!! HEHE
Howard, Thanks!
Mary, ohhh my (((HUGS))):crying: The rainbow bridge is beautiful, but So sad for us to watch them go, my heart goes out to you. I'm waiting to hear from the vet now on Vinnie, might add a different heart medication, Dr called it will be in tomorrow afternoon, the rx he ordered for Vinnie to start on.
Kathrin, those flowers are gorgeous!!
Dee,Thanks, great video!!
Paul, good to see ya back, Hopefully this will be a better year, Hope you are feeling better!!

dances_with_oils
06-01-2009, 11:44 AM
AMuse: Try a little rosemary oil on a hanky. The aroma seems to help me with cluster headaches. Might help you too.

Hi Paul, welcome back. Yes those dried on caps are a nuisance to get off. Sometimes I have to use my handy needlenose pliers to convince mine to come off. (because I'm left handed, I have the worse time getting screw caps off anything - hubby bought me an electric jar opener and it makes all the difference in getting those right handed jars open ..lol)

Kathrin, your flowers are beautiful. We're still dealing with frost here... maybe one day .. soon... we'll have blooms.

OkeeKat
06-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Kathy, we crossedposted. hope you feel Better!!

*dee*
06-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi Paul! :wave: Sorry for your loss, and your injury. I keep a very small pair of vice-grips handy...and keep it adjusted to the average size of my caps. It sure helps when caps are "goomped" shut.

Katwyld
06-01-2009, 12:01 PM
*BIG HUGS* Oh Mary, I'm so sorry to hear that... Let me know if you need to just chat, I'm only a PM away. *more hugs*

Howdy, Paul! Welcome back! Hope you keep recovering, I have a hard enough time getting those tops off with two hands and a wrench! :p

Howdy y'all! Yeah, I'm still here. heh Had a wonderful vacation, and now back to the daily grind. Thankfully everyone kept up my job pretty well while I was gone so there's not a ton to do, really... just a little bit.

I read through everything and then got distracted so a bit of it is gone... but congrats to Gayle on the new place, to Kathrin on the BBQ (and beautiful pictures, mind if I snag one or two to try with CPs?), to Carol for the beautiful job done, to Kathie for an excellent oil painting. Thinking rain-ful thoughts at Howard (beautiful pictures, was that the melon in your hand?), headache-less thoughts at Kathy, and non-weirdo thoughts at Ray (not like it'll help, of course. :lol:) Howdy to everyone else, there's coffee here as well if anyone has run out. :)

Oh, and I'm a Cancer with Scorpio rising (meaning I've got some Scorpio leanings as well)... yeah, I'll pinch you and sting you at the same time... :p Oh... and my Mom is a Scorpio with Cancer rising... made for some interesting times when I was growing up, let me tell ya! :lol:

Everything went beautifully for the wedding, Mom and Mark/Dad were thrilled with the cake topper... they both started to tear up on me! But everything was perfect, my friend did an excellent job on the cake, food was wonderful, and both of them were so smily and happy...

http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/KatsDir/Photos/Mom/WeddingCake500.jpg

http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/KatsDir/Photos/Mom/MomandMarkCake.jpg

Course, not so smily in this picture... caught as someone was talking to them. heh

OkeeKat
06-01-2009, 12:12 PM
OHHH Kathy the Topper and her Dress look great!!! She sure is purdy, even when not smiling!!
Glad all went well and thanks

I posted my painting and the steps!
Hope you enjoy it , was a great workshop
here is the link to portrait thread
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7890378&posted=1#post7890378

Shirl Parker
06-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Good ... Yes he realy is a good teacher and takes his time too, I've been watching him for while now on his show its almost every eve during the week and the shows are recorded so check em out!!...

Kathie, I seem to have missed who you are talking about here?

Kathrin G.
06-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Paul, I dont know you but I wish you a speedy recovery :wave:
Kathy, hope the meds kick in fast (hugs)
Dances, frost :eek: ....hope summer comes to you soon
Kat, the topper, cake and bride and groom look outstanding :clap:
as for the photos, feel free to use them :thumbsup: I got the high resolution big files on my computer, if you like, I can e-mail them on to you :thumbsup:

finished with work, think I finally try painting a bit. Just lazied about today :lol:

eyepaint
06-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Gill - good to hear from you

Susan - loved the young donkey photos!

Kathrin - love the yellow rose ... and the flower below it with the pinkish peals and pepermint striped centre.

Hey everyone, I'm hosting the June project here in the Acrylics forum. I posted two photo refs and you create an acrylic painting based on or inspired by one or both.
http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566064

Cheers,

RPut
06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Happy Day Everyone!

Glad Howard got a good night's sleep! More good luck with the studio. Still trying to find a bedrrom picture of my daughters room I had. Her dad had some Danger do not cross tape from work and put it on her door. She was not amused~
Kathrin the photos are beeeeeuuuutiful!!
Susan the Donkey is sure adorable.
Kathie--wow!! And good luck on your new commission!
Soooo sorry Mary. It will be a tough day. I know. We had to put our cat of 19 years to sleep a while back. It is hard. Will be thinking of you today.
Paul good to see you around again!
Kat the wedding looks like it was a big success! The cake and topper is wonderful!
Hi Dee, Elaine, Kathy, Shirl, Dances, Eyepaint, and everyone else!
Ray hows the weight loss program going! I am starting today!!! This morning I went and joined a Snap Fitness gym nearby. I have to make lots of changes! Never had a weight problem until 40s.....erg. so have been in denial, but now I've gotta get going. Anybody else going to join us? Who's going to be the biggest loser!! hahaha I am sure I will be in the chocolate later.........
A home day for me. Laundry and cleaning up. See ya later!~

susme48
06-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Morning all!!! Looks beautiful out...have a feeling it is hot out there tho'...not even sneaking out till I have to go to town. :)

Hi Kathrin! I think you and I are a bit behind the others in the trees...sigh! So much to paint...so little time!

They are cuties, huh, Elaine! Benjamin Buttons is a good movie...but yep it is sad!

Howard...that is what I thought, but not really sure...did not pay attention to it last year...guess I will know next year, if it blooms again? Glad you got some sleep. I know I did, but I don't feel like it! Even with my ear plugs in...too much noise...kept me from going into a deep sleep. Plus woke up with another headache; this is getting old!!

We'll be thinking of you Mary...hard trip to make!! {{{{hugs}}}}

Dances I wish I could take credit for the flowers!! Those are my neighbors. We see them everyday on our afternoon Bubba ride. All I have is wild honeysuckle and maybe some jasmine somewhere...one really really pretty flower that has absolutely no odor :( and looks like wax. The kudzu blooms and smells delightful. Lots of wild flowers.

I need a really good but cheap camera...sigh! Mine is ok...but lacks the crispness of y'alls.
I have looked, but I need one with a viewfinder
and they are harder to find. Lovely pics Kathrin...wow!

{{{Paul}}} Good to see you!! Sorry about the elbow....and yes, I think almost all of my paints weld themselves. All but my liquitex...might just go to them to make my life easier...:o Glad you are back...we missed you!!

Kathy,,,what drugs do you use? Mine seem to be slowly not working...sigh!! I hate when the whole right side of me seems to be separate from the rest of me...and especially my eye!

Funny, Dances, I would have sworn they were all left-handed jars and caps! :D sigh!

Kat, the cake topper was/is beautiful!!!!

EP...love the pics...hope to have time!!!

Ruthie, I sure have to do something about my weight! Just don't know how easy it will be...:lol:

Wow, this has taken me 3 hours to type and post...whew...welcome to an insane world!!

Bright Eyes
06-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Anybody else going to join us? Who's going to be the biggest loser!! hahaha I am sure I will be in the chocolate later.........

I'm joining in too! I'm already a weirdo, might as well be a looser too:smug: I need to loose 10-15 lbs of winter weight. Get fit an in shape so come Thanksgiving I'll be up and ready to put the weight back on agian:thumbsup: :lol: Oh, and your more than welcome to start on my laundry too!

Eyepaint I love the reference photos! Especially the bird eating who knows what! Very neat!

:wave: He Elaine

Kathrin I do hope painting goes well today.

Kathie your portrait turned out amazing!

Kat glad the wedding(and topper) was a success!

Kathy take some rest! I hope the migraines go away soon.

Mary sorry to hear about your furry friend.

And hello to everyone one else:wave: Hope you all have a great day!

And a special (very special) shout out to :evil: ----------------->He who is "all gone"

noodle1
06-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Mary so sorry, I was a bit confused til I came back in, the Rainbow Bridge I didn't connect. Ah big hugs honey and me too if ya need to talk you got my number.

Kathy sorry bout the headache hope it's better by the time you read this.

Kathrin love that one poppy, mine all look like your other one and they're now all gone, very quick. Roses beautiful, great shots.

Kathie..Out of the blue someone contacted me and asked me to do portraits of their two little girls today and all I could think of was "all" you guys here hahaha Just in case I gave her the sites to take a peek at. I personally don't know how I feel about it thinking really don't want to get started again, so I
hope maybe she'll contact one of you guys. Er don't even remember her name, but she said she'd call me back.

Ruthie sadly all I can join in with is eating all the chocolate so you guys don't.

Hi Paul, sorry about all the difficult times. I actually don't have any problems with my caps welding on, well I lied actually there are a couple of Grumbacher Infinity ones that are about twenty years old, they're stuck like glue, but pliers work. Wishing you well.

Kat the cake the topper, not to mention mom and "dad" looked fantastic..So nice to have a very talented daughter and a talented friend. You made their day in more ways then one cutie.

EP that hawk is gorgeous, I dunno animals and I are like water and oil..haha
The flag could work. Both good ideas!

Hi Sue, how's Bob doing or did I miss that somewhere, I did read it all but ya know, head full of er disconnected memory lines..lol

Just wanted to say hi, and maybe catch up cause I'm always lost when I come in..haha Big hugs to those who could use one, got an hour left before hubby comes home so think I'll take advantage of it. See ya later.

Elaine

Raymo
06-01-2009, 05:51 PM
1- I need to loose 10-15 lbs of winter weight.

2- And a special (very special) shout out to :evil: ----------------->He who is "all gone"

1- Say what ? You can already sleep in the shade of a barbed wire fence....:lol:....weirdo.

2- :mad:....i'll get you, my dearie.

Raymo
06-01-2009, 05:53 PM
:cat:<-------weirdo

Raymo
06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Ray hows the weight loss program going! I am starting today!!! This morning I went and joined a Snap Fitness gym nearby. I have to make lots of changes! Never had a weight problem until 40s.....

Hiya HotStuff !!!

The weight loss is going slow. I think i'm at the end of week 2. I believe I started on a Tuesday. I began at 244 lbs. and I weighed 237.5 this morning. Soooo, 6.5 lbs. lost so far....:mad:. I was hoping to lose all 25 lbs. already....:lol:.

Yeah, once I hit 40's it was no longer easy to maintain my weight. We can do our own Biggest Loser right here at WetCanvas. I'll take you punks on....:evil:

AMuse
06-01-2009, 06:26 PM
hmmmm... Raymo wants to start a biggest loser contest....

me thinks he already has a big edge on the competition....

Katwyld
06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh, come on... I started putting on weight at about 32, and have had a bit of a struggle with it... don't tell me it's gonna get worse! :angry: Well, at least I've already made changes to our diet and it's helped thus far... I'd hate to get rid of my cake fix, though...

Thanks y'all. I'm mostly pleased with how it turned out. Now back to painting and drawing... I miss the clay when I first bring it out, and stop missing it about a day after I start working with it again. :lol:

*sends healing thoughts at Susan* No headaches! I forbid them! :grouphug:

Raymo
06-01-2009, 06:35 PM
hmmmm... Raymo wants to start a biggest loser contest....

me thinks he already has a big edge on the competition....

:lol:....i've already lost the easy stuff, first week you always lose alot.

I aint afraid....BRING IT !

Kathrin G.
06-01-2009, 07:30 PM
I am in too !
Kim, I am like you, need to loose the winter weight......FAST :eek: ......
Don't know how I managed to put on that much, but I guess 3 months laid up with a fractured knee and altogether 4 months out of work because of it dont help :rolleyes: :(
Ideally I need to loose 15 pounds, but I would be happy enough with loosing 11 :o
Okay, from tomorrow on :smug: .......goes off wondering if I can actually do it :confused:

OkeeKat
06-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Shirl, I took an online workshop this past weekend with Dave Darrow http://www.darrowart.com/bio/ he broadcasts his painting online and you can watch him paint and ask all kinds of questions, met some realy nice folks there too!!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dave-the-painting-guy
He's known as Dave The Painting Guy.. you can get a username on ustream and log in to chat or just watch as a visitor, all his broadcasts are recorded and the videos are available there on ustream. Realy learning alot about portraits. He will be online this eve at 5pmPST for me thats 8pm EST. working on a portrait he started last week.
Thanks Ruth
Raymo I think I got ya beat!!!:evil:
When inlaws left end of march I weighted 180, today I am now at 164. so so far thats 16lbs in two months!!:clap: slow and steady, watching what I eat.. been eating a protein bar in the afternoon for snack walking only 3days a week less then a mile but very brisk we do it in under 20 min. me and coworker. Realy helps... watching what I eat and no junk.. but I do splurge some on the weekend. I have gone up maybe 1-2 lbs when away but lose it within 2days again.
back in '02 I was 141 and went to weight watchers and got down to 122.. I would be happy at 135 at least!! SO got a ways to go yet!!

gota run get dinner ready!

susme48
06-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Ok...if we have a biggest loser contest... which Ray already won since he is the biggest loser in this forum already....:angel: :evil: Anyway...I think I would be the winner IF I actually lost the amount of weight that I need to. Y'all are talking about 20-25 lbs....I wish!! I hate to say it and had SWORN not to admit, but what the heck...I need to lose about 70....if we are going before I lost those few last week. Of course if we are putting a time limit on it...then who knows....I am going thru' alot of stress and not sure how much I can promise! :o

God I cannot believe that I actually admitted that out loud. <shudder>

Bright Eyes
06-01-2009, 08:21 PM
1- Say what ? You can already sleep in the shade of a barbed wire fence....:lol:....weirdo.

Which would explain the stripped tan lines:rolleyes: :lol:

Kathy I'm with you, Raymondo does have a big edge on the competion:evil:

Kathrin the darned weight just creeps up on ya when your not looking doesn't it?

Kathie you've got some great momentum going! I've been making some not so great attempts over the last two months to lose weight. Only lost 5 lbs. Got 15 more to go to get down to last years weight of 130. I figure if I can't stay trim and in shape now I'm going to have one heck of a time when I get older.

Kat hope the transition back to drawing and painting goes well:thumbsup:

Elaine I do hope you enjoyed your hour!

Just got back from the park with the kids and dog. So nice and sunny out today! We go to a little park on the lake. We have been going every few days waiting for the ducks and loons to hatch. The babies are sooo cute! And today there was even a beaver there swimming around!

biddlebeach
06-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh Lordy, I have a very huge head and heart ache.. :(

Thank you all for being so wonderful and sweet,, AND that includes RAY!! my man!
love you guys back..

Kathrin G.
06-01-2009, 08:43 PM
sending a million ((HUGS)) to you Mary, my hearth aches for you :crying:

Katwyld
06-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh, I know, sweetie... it's so tough, even when it's for the best. *big hugs*

Susan, admitting it is the first step, ya know. :p

Kathie, that's all we did, I started cooking a little smaller portions (and did it slowly, too... trimmed down the portions over the span of about a month or so... while we used to each eat a 1 lb steak before (well, close to it), now we barely eat a little over a half pound steak each... use more olive oil than butter (to the point that I ran out of butter right before vacation and couldn't remember the last time I'd bought any... used to buy a pound every two weeks), and lots more veggies... it did wonders, Jon went from 215 to 175 in about 8 months or so... I lost about 15+ pounds in that time, but I didn't need to lose as much (I was about 155 and really only wanted to come down to about 135 to 140)... and we didn't really exercise at all... food changes make a big difference.

I also got and used a kitchen scale to make sure I was only making two portions of stuff like meat, pasta, etc... and it made me realize how much food I was actually making!

Raymo
06-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Oh Lordy, I have a very huge head and heart ache.. :(

Gosh Mary, I sure wish there was something I could do for you but time is about the only thing that will help that sweet heart of yours. It's always a tough decision to have to make and it's never easy. We had to do that for Toby about a year and a half ago. I didnt think I would ever quit crying. He was my buddy and it took quite awhile to get over that feeling. Youll get there. Our vet assistant did a little plaster cast of his paw print after he passed on. Huge hugs for you !:grouphug:

Toby.....

RPut
06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Good Evening Friends!

Okay, if we are having true confessions, I need to loose about 40 lbs. I would like to get twenty off this summer. My deadline is the start of school. I am in such denial tho..... I don't really understand why I have gained so much. I don't think my eating habits have changed that much or are sooooo bad. Yeah, I know I eat some bad stuff. But comeon. I don't have a desk job. I try to make sure I do all the activities I have my kids do. If we are playing a game, or jamming and dancing to music, I am right in there. I even started an excersize part of our day. I am the farthest away from the office and am often back and forth. On recess duties, I pace and walk. I sometimes wear a pedometer and it's easy for me to get my steps in on a regular day. Then home activities. A walk here and there. I don't eat in the car. I stopped munching when I paint. I quit buying licorice. Nothing happened. I even did leg lifts while sitting on the couch watching the biggest loser on TV. So what gives? Oh okay, I LOVE popcorn. And drink too much D coke. Well anyway, no more excusses. I will do it. right? But do I have to give up sitting on the couch with TV time???

biddlebeach
06-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Gosh Mary, I sure wish there was something I could do for you but time is about the only thing that will help that sweet heart of yours. It's always a tough decision to have to make and it's never easy. We had to do that for Toby about a year and a half ago. I didnt think I would ever quit crying. He was my buddy and it took quite awhile to get over that feeling. Youll get there. Our vet assistant did a little plaster cast of his paw print after he passed on. Huge hugs for you !:grouphug:

Toby.....

damn!! what a great idea! wish I had thought of it!
Thanks Ray,, :crying:

Katwyld
06-01-2009, 09:40 PM
heh The diet coke might be a part of it, actually. See if you can cut down (or even cut out) soda completely. I know a few friends that did that and it has made a HUGE difference for them.

I haven't drank soda in so long I can't really help ya that way... I mostly drink either vitamin water (the 'defense' and the 'xxx' are my favorites), plain water, lemonade (weakish), and milk...

For what it's worth, I have read that dairy is helpful for women trying to lose weight... *shrug*

Oh, and I've recently started eating breakfast... just a little 'activa' yogurt thing, but I do actually feel better for it.

Mary, you might be able to call and see if they'd be willing still. Also, if you decide to have her cremated, you could always make either an urn for the ashes (I made one out of polymer clay for Phantom's ashes) or make a garden stone with them... just a thought...

PattiLou
06-01-2009, 10:03 PM
All this talk about losing weight is making me feel bad. I try and keep trying.:o Did all the right things, cut out lots of fat, cut down portions, use olive oil, eat lowfat yogurt for snack (counts as milk on Weight Watchers) and, ugh just stay the same. Used to eat a 3-piece chicken dinner without gainng weight, now eat a 1-piece. Also used to drink diet coke to keep from eating... even cut that out to only a couple a week. Jon thinks I am starving him to death but he would like to get rid of the paunch around the tummy. He's not losing either and men lose faster than women... not fair Ray.:p We go walking about 2-miles every day when we are home in good weather. Guess I'll just stop eating.... except for chocolate:evil: which I crave sometimes and we don't stock it in the house. Oh woe is me, what's a person to do?

Nuff of that.

Welcome back Paul... I remember you. Sorry about your elbow and hope it is healing nicely. I also use liquitex because of the lids. I broke my arm a couple years ago, so know how hard it is to only use one arm. You need to rig up something to use as an extra arm.

Kat that cake and topper looked really pretty. And yes the weight problem does get worse for some of us.:confused:

Hi Kathrin! I think you and I are a bit behind the others in the trees...sigh! So much to paint...so little time!Wrong Susan you can't be any behinder than me.:D

Whew my shoulders and back are aching from sitting and looking at microfilm all day. Not going to lose weight that way, unless my one arm does, lol, at least it will have muscle. We will only be here for a week so have to make good use of my time at the library then back to normal... whatever normal is.:lol:

Raymo
06-01-2009, 10:44 PM
men lose faster than women... not fair Ray.:p

Oh huh ! If I remember correctly, women have won the last 2 Biggest Losers. (I think they cheated, hehe)

Raymo
06-01-2009, 10:47 PM
which Ray already won since he is the biggest loser in this forum already....:angel: :evil:

Why, I oughta....:mad:

Huge spanks for you....:lol:

PattiLou
06-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh huh ! If I remember correctly, women have won the last 2 Biggest Losers. (I think they cheated, hehe)
Sorry, I don't watch that so wouldn't know.:p

idylbrush
06-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Diet coke is not a friend. A buddy of mine gave it up and lost 60 pounds in a year. Never gone back to it.

Had to water some tonight. Things are wilting.

Had a wonderful flat bread for lunch today. Figs with procuitto, blue cheese and mozarella cheese. Baked to perfection and delicious.

Eaten more in the last few days than I have in weeks. Getting back to eating normal again.

I found a third mellon tonight. So they are coming along. They are now about the size of a hardball. Still have a way to go but they are looking good.

All the tubers and bulbs I planted last week are showing signs of growth. A good thing. Even the crepe myrtle has buds now.

Have a private photo lesson on thursday. I hope it is worth the time. She is a fine arts photographer and has a great skill so I am hoping I can learn a bit.

Found out my photo lights are being shipped today and it is due here on Thursday.

Good day overall.

susme48
06-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Mary, honey...wish I was close enough to give you a real hug!!! I'd send one with Bob, but he is going the opposite direction! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/grouphugg.gif

According to my one dr. diet drinks with neutra sweet can make you gain weight or make it harder to lose. For myself, I listened to him and gained back the 35 lbs I lost when I quit smoking 3 yrs ago (and started clearing and mowing 16 acres by hand...quit after about 8-10 acres and two years). When I was ill in 2006, it took me awhile to get anything back...I did not eat or do much of anything for weeks. When I began to paint in fall of 2007, I did even less outside work...that did not help. Then I was ill again...and that ended most of my yard work. I don't miss the work, but I miss weighing less and being in better shape!

I do think eating breakfast helps too! We all need to lose....not sure why Bubba is gaining...he walks miles everyday...even in his sleep...:lol: He doesn't like sweets...he or Bob, and tho' he eats more at a meal than Bob or I. I hate to admit it, but each year it gets harder to lose anything weight-wise, and a heck of alot easier to lose everything else...sigh!

It is supposed to be easier for men...a hormonal thing supposedly...kind of like our skin stretching out to have kids...and then staying stretched...the way our arms wave goodbye every time we move. I think our bodies also slow the metabolism and other things in order to keep us from starving...because of the childbearing and nursing thing.

Spankings...perk...really????http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bliss.gif Oops...I mean
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/maniac.gifmommy he's gonna spank mehttp://getmesmileys.com/smilies/innocent0009.gif Whew! I'll be back in a bit...I need to http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-chores029.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) in cold water....:angel:
<Psssst...do you think he knows I was ummmm...errrr....prevaricating?>

Glad you had a good day, Howard!!

I spent 2/3's of it on the phone...I was so tired of talking to everyone! If we could get this darn mess over the trailer worked out, it would mean one less call a day. I really did not think they could do collections against someone whose name was no where on any paperwork. They seem to disagree with me.

With this dang migraine, I just did not want to talk...and they all sounded sooooo loud! Will probably go to bed soon, and pray that it is gone tomorrow..so I can do all the things I was supposed to do today! At least my eye is some better, and the pain has receded somewhat.

Raymo
06-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Spankings...perk...really????http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bliss.gif Oops...I mean
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/maniac.gifmommy he's gonna spank mehttp://getmesmileys.com/smilies/innocent0009.gif Whew! I'll be back in a bit...I need to http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-chores029.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) in cold water....:angel:

<Psssst...i'm totally serious too>

You bad bad girl....:lol:

biddlebeach
06-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Morning everyone, on my second or third cup of coffee, a new pot is on ,, help yourselves.
woke up at 2AM and could not go back to sleep. mind would not shut off..

Howard, it was raining like he!! this AM at 2.. and is supposed to rain all morning. wish we could send you some.
I think my plants are gonna wash away, sigh..

Mark and I were talking this morning about what to do with Munchkins food dish, my sister brought it home for me from Florida once, it is darling, in the shape of a doxie... I hate to get rid of it, but I can't look at it right now, I thought maybe I should paint it a bright color and stick it in the flower bed for now. then maybe someday we will find someone who could actually use it.
I guess I should get ready for work, not sure why , as I am going to be pretty worthless today.. and probably the rest of the week.
hope everyone has a good day today.

noodle1
06-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Morning Everyone,

Ah Mary hopefully eventually it won't be a problem, the little dish, and bring just some very big smiles. It's hard but they do give so much joy, eventually I think it replaces the pain, I pray it does honey. Hugs.

Talking about loosing weight, well since I need to go in the opposite direction one of the aspects about loosing that I was informed about was interesting. I tend to eat many smaller meals during the day, rarely sit at breakfast, or lunch or dinner and eat one big meal. I'm a water drinker too with meals. Anyway apparently eating smaller portions and more then just at normal eating times helps to stimulate your metabolism. The body can get rid of fat and or the energy that food provides more easily with smaller portions and ya don't get "hungry" waiting for that one big one. So I have to do the opposite, eat three big meals a day and stop eating the smaller ones so my metabolism will slow down. But if the body more efficiently gets rid of smaller portions, or eating several smaller ones throughout the day then I guess one could loose weight doing that. Actually makes sense because I can't gain to save my soul. I burn it up because the body is meant to as you eat. Anyway I wish all of you "weight loss" and if I could I'd definitely take it off your hands.

Raining here too Howard, would love to send you some. Damp and kind of chilly this morning too. Good day to paint or draw I guess. But then when isn't it a good day to paint or draw..lol

Hope your day is a good one. Going to go make myself a big breakfast ..hahaha and see if doctors point have some validity.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Katwyld
06-02-2009, 10:25 AM
*hugs for Mary* One day at a time, dear, that's all you can do.

I've heard that, Elaine... and it might explain why I used to have a faster metabolism... that's pretty much how I used to eat. heh Be careful with the metabolism, though... once it goes slower, it seems a little harder to speed it back up. :p (I used to be like you at one time. :rolleyes:)

At work... and bored already. heh

Lady Carol
06-02-2009, 12:18 PM
But if the body more efficiently gets rid of smaller portions, or eating several smaller ones throughout the day then I guess one could loose weight doing that.
It very much works this way. The problem all comes down to insulin levels. If you eat big meals, then the blood sugar swings widely and you get hungry and eat more than you would at a sitting. If you eat 5 small meals then the sugar doesn't swing so widely and you never get hungry. One of the reasons why the metabolism slows is that it thinks you are starving with the big meals so tries to conserve energy.

I lost 15lbs eating 5 meals/day, which I have still kept off for 2 + years. Admittedly 2 of those meals were snack like meals comprising of nuts (no not the ones found in my daily intake of the QDC :evil:)

At work... and bored already. heh
Me too :p

Lady Carol
06-02-2009, 12:20 PM
:grouphug: Mary

susme48
06-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Paul, Tony and Tracy!!

{{{{hugs}}}} Mary!!

Kat, I was like that till I got pregnant with my first...skinny, skinny, skinny...never could gain any weight. Ate all the time too...but never that much at once...and never all that healthy if I could avoid it...:lol: I blame part of it on my ex...the only job he could find was working nights...and he would not sleep by himself, or let me be up by myself. He wanted me on his schedule. Well...there is not too much to do in a one bedroom apartment, or even a two, for 10 hours...no tv...no phone...no radio...nothing except sit...and then sit some more. I cleaned some...but with just us, it did not get too dirty. Between that and the hormones...well...

Hope you had a good breakfast Elaine. And if they could do weight transplants, I would let you have all mine for free! :D

Sorry you are bored, Kat...wish I was!!

Morning Carol..hope your day is going well!!

Bright Eyes
06-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Morning everyone:wave:

Mary:grouphug:

Elaine thats the way I lost my weight after kids. Prior to kids I always worked and went to school. When I was home I always ate whatever I could find (which usually wasn't much). Once I had kids I was home all day, not so good for my eating habits. I had to re train myself to eat small meals all day. That works great. Works so well that when I was preggo with the twins I was adding peanut butter to everything trying to gain weight. Now I've just become lazy and eat too many sweets:p So I'm working on tweaking my eating habits.

Susan I had somewhat of your same problem. Except I was never really skinny before I had kids. I was always out hiking, rockclimbing, reppeling and such. I was more "husky" as my brother liked to put it. After first kid I stayed home every day. Was the first time in 5 years that I hadn't been working and I dropped out of school when I got pregnant. I was so bored I felt like I was going to go crazy! I think had I not started all the book keeping for the company and my art I probably would have become a phsycopath!

Carol I had no idea it came down to insulin! Thats interesting.

Kat I hope you find something to occupy your mind for the time being.

Well another long day with many things to do. Thats why I'm on the computer:thumbsup: So off I go!

noodle1
06-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Afternoon everyone. Well time for lunch..lol I just can't pack it in in one sitting

Sorry Carol and Kat that you guys are bored..Kat did you bring your colored pencils with ya..that could help..haha Perhaps in your case Carol being bored is better then some of the other times, I find it's either chaos or boredom, would like the in between.

Hey Kim, yeah I'm suppose to be doing something other then sitting in front of this screen too..lol I didn't even get heavy when I was pregnant, have stayed 115 lbs like forever..lol My biggest problem could very well be that I was always active and well now I can't do a lot of what I use to. Played tennis and rode, walked and hiked, and I think one part is that I've lost some muscle which actually made me look more healthy..lol But here too they say muscle has memory so maybe while I'm stuffing my face I should go back to the Pilates more often...haha I'm just tired of everyone telling me
I "must" gain weight..lol and then can't tell me "how"..:eek: Pregnant not an option but it didn't work anyway....:lol: :lol:

Sun's trying to come out here and at least it's stopped raining. Time to walk Willie and then have to go and return that movie Jess had me rent. Other then that come to think of it I'm kind of bored too..hahahaha

Catch ya later,
Hugs,
Elaine

Kathrin G.
06-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Good evening ye all :wave:
Sun is blazing here again today, gorgeous :D Okay, my plants think differently about that :eek: Need to water them later on.
Had a lovely day at work. Just the right mix of busy without rushing and the right amount of quiet without being bored.
Mary, more hugs to you (hugs)
Kat and Carol, hope your days are a little less boring now.
Susan , hope you get a quiet day. Hugs to you too.
Kim, hope you get everything done what you got on your list.
Elaine, hope you have a lovely walk, stay dry and enjoy your day :)

Raymo
06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Noodles....youre too active to gain weight. Youre always on the run. Besides, youre cuter'n a bug anyways.

I have to go mow my lawns....:mad:. I would have that young punk Kim do it but I need the exercise so I can beat all of you at this weight loss thing. RaymoRules....:evil:

Big smooch for Mary !

RPut
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Another hug for Mary. It will be tough these first few days/weeks.
Can't replace our friends, but new ones always help. Maybe when you are ready you can get a new pooch.

A wonderful slow morning!! Robbie is in summer school so do have to get up to be sure he is up and then back for a snooze. A walk with Lucky and then some cleaning and laundry. But it's slow going cuz I sit down and read up too often. Had a little lunch, turkey sandwich, grapes, and a bit of pasta salad and yeah, a D Coke. Sorry guys. I'll try to cut down.
Up stairs to tackle my bedroom cleaning....

Was 122 after babies. Has been slowly creeping up since then. But I'm gonna fix it, really, I am!!

Impulse bought a new laptop last night. (Mine quit again. This time need a new power cord) Rob will bring it home and I will get to play and get it set up. Both kids have lost their ipods. Julie thinks her's was stolen at school. Robbie hasn't seen his since our trip. Must have put it down somewhere....
Ergggg. tech stuff is fun but frustrating and $$$$.

It's a beautiful day here, but brrrr, it's chilly. Only 56. Kathleen you can start sending warmer stuff our way.

Haven't been in my studio for a looooonnnggg time!! Maybe tomorrow.
See ya all!

Bright Eyes
06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I have to go mow my lawns....:mad:. I would have that young punk Kim do it but I need the exercise so I can beat all of you at this weight loss thing. RaymoRules....:evil:

Ya sure blame it on the weight loss thing. You don't want to have me do it because you know I'd do it better and you don't want to be out done by a girl!:smug: On the bright side keep up with your mowing and you'll be better looking than the grinch in no time:thumbsup: Oh and I got the waterdog book now. Amazing book! I really like the guy's out look on training, and he is a really good writer:lol:

Ruthie and Elaine you guys weighed how much after babies?!?! Wow, I really need to get back into shape! I'm guessing that I'm a bit taller than you guys but still you must all be quite the little chile peppers, hot and spicy;)

Kathrin sounds like you really did have the perfect day at work. And to come home to the sun shining is always great! By any chance could you post pictures of your town? In my head I reference everyone here to living somewhere in the U.S. I keep thinking you live in a traditional little rock house with thatched roofing. I'm guessing you don't, but I just can't get past the mental image.

I'm off to go conqure some more. So far the day has been productive. Have to finish a blasted insurance audit today, organize and file everything. Clean house (and I mean really clean), along with doing a plethora of laundry. Then take the kids and dog on a walk to curb some of their energy before bedtime. Little CindyLou and the kids where doing a great job at tiring each other out the first week or so. Now they've built up endurance:eek:

idylbrush
06-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Well, I am at 204 pounds and that is a bit away from the 228 I was just a few months ago.

Made Greek cucumber sauce today. Might try to make a spinach pie for dinner.

Melons are getting bigger. Almost fill my hand now. Weeds are popping out of the ground. Need to put down more mulch I think. Got more breeze grass and a yellow cone flower today. Need to get those in the ground tonight. Tried to get a dwarf navel orange but the garden center said they are to susceptible to disease and bugs....so let that one go.

Went to see the doc today and went over my medications and most of them are going to go away. woohoo! Had to do a major cleaning of the ear canals, took quite a bit of time. Overall things are in general good condition at the moment. I am so thankful.

Bright Eyes
06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Howard that is great! And your nice fresh food is making me hungry. Glad your on the road to recovery:clap:

Raymo
06-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Ya sure blame it on the weight loss thing. You don't want to have me do it because you know I'd do it better and you don't want to be out done by a girl!:smug: On the bright side keep up with your mowing and you'll be better looking than the grinch in no time:thumbsup: Oh and I got the waterdog book now. Amazing book! I really like the guy's out look on training, and he is a really good writer:lol:

Aww heck, I aint skeerd of no woman out doin me....:evil:. Haha, Teena beats me on a daily basis....:lol:. Glad you got the book, now you need a whistle.

Bright Eyes
06-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Teena beats me on a daily basis, and then I cry
If she needs an extra stick or some rocks let me know, I could send over a few:evil:

Raymo
06-02-2009, 05:38 PM
If she needs an extra stick or some rocks let me know, I could send over a few:evil:

Heyyyy....:lol:

RPut
06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Look who's checking out our new laptop!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2009/117502-Florida_196.jpg (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Uploader/upload_image_save2.php#)

Lady Carol
06-02-2009, 06:47 PM
What a pretty kitty. That kitty can come and sit on my laptop any day.

Kathrin G.
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Good Evening :wave:
Have been out gardening. Weeding, watering and starting to add a layer of compost on the freshly prepared soil around the plants :smug: I am dead pleased with myself :smug:
Discovered some other little treasures are blooming while doing all that, Hurray :D

Howard, great news :clap:
Ray, you need to watch your wording waaaay better :lol:
Ruthie, oh how cute is that :heart: fluffy kitty
Kim, you are right, I ain't living in a thatched cottage :lol: They are ridiculous to insure and full of creepy crawlies living in the thatch :eek: shudder, scream, run.
We build our house ourselves in 2007. started in June that year, moved in in March 2008. We got about three quarters of an acre ground.
There is a farm to the viewers left and his parents to the viewers right. Apart from them 2 places, we are pretty much alone. The house is around 2 miles from the village.

And photos as requested, taken this evening :wink2:

{I got my studio in the room what gout the 2 windows on the viewers right side of the door. My desk, computer, painting and drawing stuff is right inside the window closer to the door :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2009/113357-house.jpg

another poppy in bloom :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2009/113357-poppy2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2009/113357-poppy3.jpg

*dee*
06-02-2009, 07:45 PM
What a day!

Since I worked Monday eve, I didn't unwind & and lay down in bed until 1:15AM......at 4AM my phone rings. My boss is sick...I had to go in and work her shift this morning. :eek:

I am wore smooth out!

Hi to everyone! :wave:

And good night! :lol:

mrs willow
06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
As usual, I have come too late to keep up with the general conversation.
All I can say is "Hi" and love and hugs go out to those who might need them.
I will try and keep up with the rest of the thread :D :wave:

Katwyld
06-02-2009, 08:14 PM
It's not easy at all to keep up. heh

I managed to keep myself occupied with my colored pencils the rest of the work day... got my first phone call of the day at about 12, and not another one after that (did have a few patients walk in who wanted their films, but that was about it. :rolleyes:) And now I'm just waiting for italian sausage to thaw so I can make dinner... and playing with my cps. :D

Yeah, you need some sleep, Dee... goodness!

Kathrin, that's lovely! The house and the poppies. :)

Ruthie, what a beauty!

Glad to hear you can get rid of some of the meds, Howard... it's always nice to be able to stop taking them.

Hope ya get the kids and pup tired out, Kim... that can't be easy!

objectivistartist
06-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Right nice place there, Kathrin... :thumbsup:

*dee*
06-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Hmmm, I've got a full belly (my daughter brought me take-out), have calmed my "nerves" with a few shots of vodka :D .....next on the agenda, a hot shower! Then sleep! :smug:

So much for yesterday's plans of working on the portrait! :mad:

Raymo
06-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Pretty place, Kathrin !

Bright Eyes
06-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Kathrin your place looks great! And it must be nice to be out in the country. Definantly no thatched roof, but the rock walls and flower beds do give it that European cottage look:D

biddlebeach
06-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Kathrin, lovely house! nice job. and love that poppy! what a beautiful color! mine are orange.. or were..
Jut thought I would pop in to say thanks guys, am gonna go take a pill and go to bed! hope to sleep tonight..

OkeeKat
06-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Hello all!! Busy day today, got home and recieved the photos from the Lady for the double portrait, mom of Michael, going her and her husband, Spent time this eve, trying to figure out how to place them on the canvas and finaly sketched them both!!
Mary(((HUGS))) take it easy! Vet started Vinnie on his second heart medication today, willl see if it helps.
Ruthie, ohh what a pretty kitty!! would make a great painting!
Kathrin, great photos, what a lovely place !!

Hope everyone is well, hugs to all
Sorry cutting this short want to get working on my commission painting.
Cyas later!!

AMuse
06-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi Everyone, back from the field trip with the tiny terrorist and her minions!

(lordy my feet and ears hurt... and I got sunburned too dagnabit!)

(((Mary)))

susme48
06-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Kim...when I say skinny....well...My brother used to say I could model for a straw if it wasn't for my butt...:lol: of course that was not funny then. I was much happier when my mom finally let me 'change my appearance'...no wonder bras back then...:lol: Having kids changed that too..:D

For whatever reason, insanity and stress problably, I compiled some of my skinny pics. ( I tried to avoid most of my geeky yrs.:eek:) Hope it does not bore you! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/confused0078.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2009/51170-manymes2b.jpg Seems I am on another road of nostalgia...probably all the pics my parents sent home with me...even my baby shoes.

Elaine...as I said I remember when I could not change my weight! Spent years listening to everyone say gain weight...eat more...then all of a sudden, I was in my late twenties and everyone started saying lose weight...don't eat that. I have been struggling with it ever since except for after my ex left me...I lost 35 lbs the first week...25 the second...and over the next few weeks I lost another 30. Almost enough to win back the hubby...but not quite. Just don't really know why I am not still thin...but neither are my brother and sister...even bigger than I am. I do know that my mother bought into the theory that a fat baby was a happy and healthy baby!!! (which you can see in the pics ) From 17 till 24 (except while pregnant with my first ) I weighed 125 lbs and was 5'9". (also weighed that from 36 to 38)

Ruthie, I spent alot of years saying I needed to lose the weight from my son (1975) but realized that really was not gonna work when he turned 8 or 9....:lol:

Howard, you did not really need to lose any weight, glad you are eating again...and dumping some of your meds!!

Yeah Ray...we'll all be glad to send her sticks,
rocks, dynamite, oops...:angel:

Ruthie...how sweet!!

Kathrin...nice house!! and beautiful flowers!

Dee...you poor thing...you have to be exhausted!! Your boss is really gonna owe you!!

Sandy...accepting a hug...since I could use one!

Kat...you are so right, I was out most of the day...and I have been reading and typing on and off since 6.

Night Mary Hope you have a good night's sleep!!
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/grouphugg.gif

Uh, oh, Kathy....now the tiny terrorist has minions!! Now you are in trouble!! :)

Raymo
06-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Yeah Ray...we'll all be glad to send her sticks,
rocks, dynamite, oops...:angel:

Ohhhh, you are cruisin for a bruisin :mad:....weirdo :lol:

Bright Eyes
06-03-2009, 02:45 AM
I weighed 125 lbs and was 5'9". (also weighed that from 36 to 38)

Thats how my momma was. 7 months pregnant with her second kid and she weighed 117! And she is 5'8! She looked far too to thin in the pics I saw of her at that time but we also have a pretty small bone structure too. I'm 5'8 and 30inches around my bust. Nothing up top. Don't even fit into wonder bras:lol: But I more than compensate for it on my lower half:rolleyes: And that is where the weight loss and getting in shape is all targeted on. Nothin' like good ol' American thighs!
The collage was great, not boring at all!

susme48
06-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Kim...the only reason I did not gain with my second, was because my oldest daughter had open heart surgery when I was 6 months along...I spent weeks walking her up and down the halls till she stabalized after her heart cath, with the nurses trying to get me off my feet, because they were afraid every full moon that I would deliver early...:lol: Fooled them...and me...and the doctor...she was due the last of Feb. She was 21 hrs shy of an April fools day baby. :) I gained 6 1/2 lbs in the first 5 months, and then lost 11 or more by the time the surgery was over. It was the last time people, including doctors and nurses were trying to get me to eat sweets...:lol:

biddlebeach
06-03-2009, 07:44 AM
morning!! I never went to bed till after 11 last night, did not take any meds and slept soundly till 5:30 this AM,,
it was nice. never heard the dog bark or whine or her toenails click on the floor.
This might be a good day after all. boy, I hope so, I miss the little ****. and I know I will for a long time coming. we rearranged the dining room a bit so as to not have to look into her corner to see if she was awake..
hope it works,, LOL
well better hit the shower, then to work I go. gonna be another long one.

*dee*
06-03-2009, 09:43 AM

I slept HARD! :lol: And I feel much better.

Before I went to bed my boss called me....oh how I dreaded answering the phone when it rang! :eek: But she was just calling to thank me & to assure me she would be working in the morning. :D And since there wasn't another 4am wake-up call this morning it seems she did. :smug:

My "weekend" doesn't start until tomorrow this week though....have to work from 2-11 tonight. I've got to train a new employee. This one shows promise.

Gonna try to catch up on some threads.

idylbrush
06-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Things are moving to fast for me.

Here in the garden things are coming together but it has its challenges.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2009/36241-blackeyedsusan.jpg
Black Eyed Susan. I have to try these though I rarely have any luck with them.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2009/36241-melon.jpg
Melon is getting larger. So far at least three are set and I think more are on the way.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2009/36241-melons.jpg
I am seeing a shift in the color and I am thinking that they are starting to mature.

Katwyld
06-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Fun pictures, Susan! I love seeing other peoples' 'growing up' pictures. Don't know why, but I enjoy it. :) I'd share an 'old' one of me, but it's not on my server, just on facebook, and I can't access facebook from work. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you got some sleep, Mary. :)

And sleep for you too, Dee. Glad she was able to work and not need to call you in.

Beautiful, Howard... Those black eyed susans are lovely!

Looking forward to seeing progress on your portrait(s) Kathie.

Got into work at 9... had one message on my voice mail... and that's it. Already bored. :rolleyes: But I have my colored pencils, so hopefully I'll get some good work with them done. :p

noodle1
06-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Morning Everyone,

Coffee here and juice, won't tempt the dieters with anything else.haha

Howard those black eyed Susan's are beautiful. They look like they'll be just fine, and the melon's are really getting bigger.

Kathrin I love your home, it's really charming, and that poppy wow I will have to investigate some other kinds I'm thinking, yours are gorgeous!

Have all the yellow iris' blooming and the pale pink peonies as well, the deep burgundy ones don't seem to last too long but they sure are pretty. My delfinium (sp?)seems to have split itself all over the place..haha The three rose bushes that survived are doing well but I need to go get some spray for them.

Need to get out there and do some digging and rearranging everything kind of wild at the moment.

Morning Dee glad the phone call was "uneventful", Hi Carol, Sue, Shirl, Kim, Kat, Mary how ya doing kiddo?, Robert, Raymo, Dances, Kathleen, EP, Sharon, Patti, Maria, Kathie, Kathy, Ruthie, let's hope I left no one out.

Day seems like it's going to be quiet and the sun's out and it's a little cool so think I'll tie Willie outside and maybe start that digging.

Sue I thought those photos of you were great, I don't even know where any of mine went, one baby picture tells me I was a chunky monkey at the start..LOL oh well It's fun to see them.

Hope the day offers something good for everyone. I'll catch ya all later.
Hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
06-03-2009, 10:27 AM
But I have my colored pencils, so hopefully I'll get some good work with them done. :p
I wish I could take coloured pencils to work :(

The unfortunate thing is that I am really busy but I can get bored even if I am busy.

AMuse
06-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Morning all.

it's looking like a beautiful day here. I have a lot to do, and no desire to do it. hmph.

oh well. better get going anyway! LOL

bairam
06-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Only the 3rd day of the month and we are on page 9 already. You are really a bunch of chatter boxes.

Garden looks great Howard and glad to hear you are reducing your meds. Way to go.....

Mary so sorry to hear that you lost your dog. It's always so hard when that time comes and it does...Hugs

I know there's more I should be saying but I've forgotten already....senior moments????

We had a busy weekend with one graduation and a wedding. Monday was our catch up day, Tuesday we were going to clean house, but I wanted to start a new painting instead. Today it's the chiropractor and granduation of another GD from 6th grade.

I got up very early this morning so I can spend at least an hour on my painting, so can't spend to much time here catching up.

Hope everyone does well today and keeps busy.

Bright Eyes
06-03-2009, 01:16 PM

Such a pretty day outside today! Just got back from taking Cindy Lou on her morning walk and early training session. Just need to finish up my insurance audit and a haircut this afternoon and the rest of the day I can paint! At long last. Its been almost a week since I've painted and with a show in a few weeks, well lets just say I need to get my arse in gear! I've got hot tea for anyone who wants some:smug:

Ray you :evil: thing you! I got a whistle yesterday. I'm going to start working with her on it this afternoon. Don't think the neighbors would like me much if I started the wee hours of this morning:rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great day!

objectivistartist
06-03-2009, 01:22 PM
does that mean whistling a happy tune??:evil::lol::lol::rolleyes:

idylbrush
06-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Oh Robert, that was so bad, it's good.

Shampooed carpets this morning. Will need replacing soon. They are only 20 years old, not sure why they aren't holding up. Maybe it time for wood plank floors.

Got my plants in the ground today and had to do some watering. Had no other choice. Things are wilting from the dryness. Hope to see some rain later today.

Got a call that the hotel where I have work displayed is being sold so I have to go down there and remove the artwork I have there and find a place to store it. Man, it is all large pieces as well. Most are at least 24" and some are up to 4' by 4'. Yikes. I am going to have a studio full. May have to do another run to the dump.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2009/36241-blueflower.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2009/36241-papyrus_blossom.jpg
papyrus in bloom, first time I have seen this.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2009/36241-pride.jpg
Pride of Winter Haven

Lady Carol
06-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Only the 3rd day of the month and we are on page 9 already.

Page 9?? Don't you mean page 4? You should set your preferences to 40 posts/page. Makes for easier reading.

RPut
06-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Happy Afternoon All!
This morning was my walk with Lucky, paper on the deck with cereal and juice, then the dentist for a cleaning, a little workout at the fitness center and Hubby home for a litle lunch and nap. Now I'll clean up a bit and then to the studio.
When we came home from Florida, we discovered a little ant problem on the kitchen counter. I think they may have come from a couple flower plants I had on the counter that I got from kids the last day of school. Put the plants outside, but, they are still here, so got some stuff and sprayed the counter. Found them under the sink too, but no where else yet. Hope to get rid of them before they get elsewhere~!
It is an absolutely beautiful day here. Mid 60s, slight breeze and sunny! I might see if I can set up a little studio outside.
See ya later!

susme48
06-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Paul, Tony and Tracy!!

Mary, glad you had a good night!! Hope you have a great day!!

Dee, happy your night's sleep went well...and call-less!! Hopefully you will get a good employee this time!!

Black-eyed Susan's grow wild around here...or at least what looks like them. Used to in Ohio too...I always picked them for my mom, and grandma,and my aunt, with Queen Anne's Lace. Learned not to add goldenrod to the wildflower mix...:lol: No one wanted it for somre reason. Mom's favorite was this tiny blue flower that grew along the roads...but no matter how many times she tried to transplant some to her garden, it would not grow.

Elaine...found most of these digging in a box I have that is filled with pictures...all of those from the last 40+ years that I am going to put in albums, one day. :) I did once...or at least a large part of them...and one night when my daughter was hating her father (after the divorce) she went thru' and took out everyone of his pics...and cut him out of all of them. She even took my pics down off the walls. I understood, but was angry...it was all my wedding photos, and pics when the kids were tiny. Oh well...my parents gave me alot of them back...:lol:

Kathy, hope you find the oomph to get done what has to be done!

Maria...I think I spend more time typing now, than I do painting...gonna have to work on that. But if I don't check in a few times...I get so behind that I never catch up. Hope this is not a new compulsion...to stay caught up...:o

KIm, I was hoping it meant a wolf whistle...not a dog whistle. sigh!

Howard...I sure wish I could be your dump...too bad we live so far away!! I know when I had to bring all of mine home from the restaurant...well, lets just say there are not many bare walls in this house...in fact...not much room for a post-it note, unless you put it on a painting...:lol:

Carol!!! sure wish I had known about the preference thing sooner...since I am on page nine too!! Time to go hunting for where I change them....and learn about what else I can change...:D

Have a good day painting, Ruthie, and good luck with the ants!

Kathrin G.
06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Hurray, now I am only on page 4 too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Susan, go into My WC, then look into the left plane or Edit Options, on that page keep going down till you come to thread options ( or something like that anyway :o ) change it from default to 40 posts, check the save changes on the bottom and away you go :D

RPut
06-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Hey, I'm on page 4 too! Thanks Carol and Kathrin!

Raymo
06-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Ray you :evil: thing you! I got a whistle yesterday. I'm going to start working with her on it this afternoon. Don't think the neighbors would like me much if I started the wee hours of this morning:rolleyes:

Whistles are great, when you get to the point in your training, and you send them way out on a blind retrieve and you need them to turn and sit and look for your hand signals. Youre gonna have so much fun with her.

:evil:<-----Kim----->:evil:

idylbrush
06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Did a bunch more work in the studio today. Trying to get it straightened up for my photography lesson tomorrow. Today was a very busy day and it was all done in the house. I've been shampooing carpets cleaning area rugs washing rugs, watering the garden, cleaning, washing floors, and on and on and on ad infinitum. I swear this place can get dirtier just by looking at it. Doesn't help much that I go out in the yard and tromp around the gardens.

not a drop of rain today. It rained to the east and the rain to the west and the rain to the north and the rain to the south but it didn't rain in Sarasota. I hope we get some this evening but it doesn't look like it, the local weatherman said that maybe tomorrow. My poor garden is suffering so yet again.

I have had more energy today and got more done today than I've been able to do in a very long time. And it feels pretty dang good!

Pretty much decided that I've become a professional packrat. I just can't seem to throw things away. I always keep thinking "I could use that in something!". And as soon as I throw it out, it won't be two weeks later and I'll be looking for it. The story of my life.

I'm currently looking to change or reuse some of my old canvases. If they haven't sold in the last 10 years I doubt if they're going to go now. So it's time to recycle or remove. Maybe after tomorrow, after my photography lesson, I'll take the opportunity to re-photograph some of the works before I cover them over. That would probably be a pretty good idea I think.

Making a Greek spinach pie for dinner and then I think I might call it an evening. It's been a long day.

PattiLou
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Hum... Howard, I can send you the address for the dump.:lol: I have all bare walls except for one painting in the living room. I have to get busy and paint more for myself. Your garden is really looking good, wish I had one, but ya just can't put one in a motorhome, lol.

I had a productive day at the genealogy library. Didn't find what I was looking for but did find some historical combination Atlas-Maps and they are digital files. Digital is good, they don't take up much space. Two more days to dig up some more dirt on the ancestors:D then we are heading to Vegas for a couple weeks.

I think we will have left overs for dinner, don't feel like cooking.

susme48
06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
How exciting...is this what they mean about people all being on the "same page"?? :) :angel:

Pretty much decided that I've become a professional packrat. I just can't seem to throw things away. I always keep thinking "I could use that in something!". And as soon as I throw it out, it won't be two weeks later and I'll be looking for it. The story of my life.

Amen!!

Don't feel like cooking either, but don't know what to do...nothing in the fridge to heat up...:) It is free rootbeer float night at Sonic...if we can hold out till 8....hmmmm!`

Raymo
06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Have a pbj to tide you over till 8. Youre welcome.

Raymo
06-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Just as I suspected....PattiCakes is a gambler. I bet she's

hooked on slots and has been saving nickels all year....:lol:

idylbrush
06-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Spinach pie, YUM!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jun-2009/36241-spinach_pie.jpg

susme48
06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Sorry Ray....do NOT do pbj....ick!! But thanks for the idea! We are on our way....wheeeeeeeeee....there goes some more money! But it puts a big smile on the manchild's face!! Worth every penny!!

objectivistartist
06-03-2009, 11:32 PM
LOL,Raymo - PB&J was what had for supper...:lol::lol::lol: ["J" being orange marmalade...:D]

btw - got notice today three of my works will be exhibiting the summer over at Eckerd College :D two are pen/ink works ["Reared Window: and "Drawn and Quartered"] and the other is a colored pencil , "Mental Escapees"... still hoping sometime thus year to get a 4'x8' grand landscape on canvas, in acrylics done, to have for some exhibit affairs - THAT would be a wowser pic, huh :thumbsup:

OkeeKat
06-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi ALL!!
hope all are well.
had a long day at work, packing motorhome again after finishing laundry, going to Disney this weekend, meeting daughter, SIL and little Mathew!!
Cant wait. leaving friday am.. poor boys are going to vets for boarding, as we prob will be inthe parks 90% of the day and thats not fair to them cant go out when the need to.
sorry this is short. trying to get in some painting on the new commission in between too. SO hope will have more time tomorrow eve or friday am.
Cya all later.
/hugs,:heart:

RPut
06-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Sonic was one place Julie wanted to go to when were in Florida, just didn't make it.....boohoo-NOT.

Supper here was my version of a shepherds pie. Mashed potato bottom, browned hamburger with a jar of spaghetti sauce in the middle and more mashed potato on top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake about 30-45 min. Salad and garlic toast.

Glad you got lots done today Howard and feeling better. Good luck with your lesson tomorrow and hope you get some rain. We turned on our sprinklers today.

Congats Robert!

Robbie has friends over and they are making s'mores out at the fire pit. I am NOT going out there to make one, I am NOT going out there to make one, I am NOT going out there to make one, I am NOT........

susme48
06-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Yummy! Shepards Pie...forgot about that...Bob won't eat it...but Bubby does!! All I do is put creamed hamburger (hamburger gravy) on the bottom...green beans in the middle, and lots of mashed potatoes on the top!!

My waist should be glad I don't like s'mores....I gather yours does, Ruthie!! Amazing 'cause I love graham crackers and marshmallows...just not milk chocolate. (I refuse to realize that you could use dark chocolate, and therefore remove one thing from my temptation list....:) )

Poor Bubba....he had no idea what a root beer float was...and it was a big disappointment for him. He doesn't like root beer, and the ice cream was soft serve and melted too quick for him to get very much! Poor baby...so I had to eat/drink both of them. Tough job but someone had to do it.

Bright Eyes
06-04-2009, 02:09 AM
He doesn't like root beer, and the ice cream was soft serve and melted too quick for him to get very much! Poor baby...so I had to eat/drink both of them. Tough job but someone had to do it.
You know there are a lot of folks out there that really don't realize how hard parenting is! Kind of like how Bristol Palin says it on this months cover of People Magazine "If girls realized the consequences of sex, nobody would be having sex, trust me NOBODY":lol: As I was looking at the magazine in the check out line the check out lady looks at me and says "too bad she doesn't know about birth control":lol: :lol: :lol: Susan I'm giving you an extra big A+ for the sacrifice you made tonight:thumbsup:

susme48
06-04-2009, 02:49 AM
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/funny.gif (http://www.pic4ever.com) Thanks, Kim!!

biddlebeach
06-04-2009, 07:03 AM
sigh! woke up again at 3AM,, finally got out of bed at 5..
this is getting old! or it is making me old! er,, older,,
coffee is on,, cereal on the counter.. help yourselves..

dances_with_oils
06-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Morning everyone (afternoon and evening to the time zone folks)

My in laws are visiting, had a great day yesterday. Today they've gone off to play golf with hubby - he still likes having one-on-one time with his folks so the golf course is a great place to catch up.

I'm still waiting for my new easel to arrive... I ordered it a few weeks ago.

We had a car theft on the street last night - funny how it takes one of those before folks start clearing out their garages so that they can actually use it for parking the car instead of leaving it on the street. Been watching all of the good ole boys all morning cursing up a storm at having to make a space for their car...lol...

I'm about to become a cranky neighbour with the crazy cat lady. Her 5 cats have decided to use my flower beds for a toilet and they've already destroyed one robin's nest and its eggs that is under our deck. The robin pair have rebuilt and momma is nesting again and sure enough, found a cat trying to get to her. The response from the neighbour? Well, the cats are just doing their instincts...

I tried to explain to her that I'm encouraging birds in my yard to fend off critters like grubs and insects. But moreso, I'm a little concerned that my 2 big dogs will try and crash through the basement walkout patio doors to get to her cats in our yard. Maybe I'm naive, but if you pay to have your cats declawed, neutered and dewormed, vaccinated wouldn't the point be to keep them indoors? Why bother sending the vet's kid to university if you're just going to let all your cats out to be prey for the coyotes and road kill?

I'm hoping to be able to get some painting done today... but it's not looking good..

idylbrush
06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Mary, I beat you by a bit, up at 2:00 AM and went back to sleep at 5:30 AM. Still trying to work out the cobwebs.

Dances, that is not a good thing to have the cats out without claws. They have no way to protect themselves. As soon as the claws come out they should be relegated to being a house cat. Mine is. Mine is also partially blind but that had nothing to do with her being a house cat in the first place.

Studio looks about as good as it has in a while. Gained back a lot of space but will fill it up quick when I get the hotel works back. Have about 20 to 25 pieces that are huge, the largest being 4X4'. Dang and after all that work.

*dee*
06-04-2009, 10:30 AM

I got one of Sonic's free floats last night...the manager of the Sonic hand delivered it to me while I was at work! :smug: And I agree, soft-serve ice cream does not make for a great float...especially since she had to drive across town to deliver it. But, she is certainly sweet for doing it.

We've got rain today...right now its a slow drizzle. Sure wish I could share it with those who are needing it...we don't. :rolleyes:

Well...gonna go smear some paint!

PattiLou
06-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Just as I suspected....PattiCakes is a gambler. I bet she's

hooked on slots and has been saving nickels all year....:lol:
No nickels saved, but I could probably get addicted to gambling if I had the money:evil: Actually we are going to pick up my grandson. My son-in-law is teaching a business seminar in Vegas, so he and my grandson are flying in. The little one is coming to spend time with us in the motorhome. So, we have to figure out something to do with a 12 year old and they aren't allowed in the casinos. I told him to bring his camera and hiking boots. I'm sure we will find something to do.

Katwyld
06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
My cats have all their claws... and they are STILL entirely indoors! People aggravate me sometimes. :angry: As far as in the yard and flowers and whatnot... I have used a granule thing called 'Boundary' that I got at Petsmart... put it around the edge of the yard, and reapplied it a few times until the container was gone when it rained... and it seemed to work. Mom did the same thing with their neighbor cat (just around her flower beds, though), and he stopped getting in there. Something to think about. Also, cats generally don't like citrus, so you could try putting lemon or orange peels around, but I don't know if it would work as well.

Hope you get some rain, Howard... we're supposed to get some today, I'll try and send it down your way after we've gotten some of it. Glad to hear you've got some good energy and feeling good. :)

*hugs for Mary*

Now, I love floats made with soft serve... I almost always get the frosty float at Wendy's when I eat there during the summer... They don't put enough root beer in it though. :p Don't care for Sonic, myself...

At work and trying to take it slow for a change. heh Haven't done my schedule yet... Hoping to make the day go by a little easier if I don't get everything done before 10:30. :rolleyes:

idylbrush
06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Finally got some overnight rain, the best kind in my book. It has a chance to soak in and the plants like it immensely.

Garden pics.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-breezegrass.jpg
Just put this Breeze Grass in two days ago. It liked the rain.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-gardenview.jpg
garden view
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-gardenview2.jpg
garden view 2
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-groundrose.jpg
ground rose
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-lily.jpg
I thought the lily against the oxalis was a great color combination.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-mater.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-melonAmy.jpg
getting bigger and feels very heavy.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-mimosa.jpg
mimosa bloom
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-newthing.jpg
planted this two days ago and it seems to be establishing itself readily.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2009/36241-pineapple.jpg
pineapple getting closer to being ripe.

susme48
06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Paul, Tony and Tracy!! Dreary morning here....rained yesterday afternoon and on and off all night. Not sure what it is to do today.

Mary...sorry you did not sleep well http://www.pic4ever.com/images/grouphugg.gif

I agree with you Dances! When I had mine declawed, I only did the front, so that he would have a tiny bit of defense in case he ever got out. He was 7th generation house cat...and he was petrified of the outside. He went out once...and went to every window crying...then hid. :lol: Wonder whatever happened to him. Gave him to my kids when I moved...

Howard, I know...I got used to having most of my stuff in the cafe...seems funny to have it all back. I need to get off my butt and start trying to find someplace to at least hang some of it.

Dee, have fun painting!! You're right...that was nice of her!

Patti...have a good time with your grandson...they grow up even quicker than your kids!!

Not overly fond of Sonic either...but Bubba loves it!! He is addicted to cheese tots!

I thought the lily against the oxalis was a great color combination.
It is!!

Debbie is here all day...so after I do the bills...I should have time to paint...or at least play!!

Bright Eyes
06-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Got to run but I hope you all are doing well:heart:

RPut
06-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Hello Friends! Oh, sorry for those that couldn't sleep, I am the opposite--slept in today til almost 10. First time since school's been out so felt good, but told hubby to call me from now on with a wake up call. Want to be lazy and sleep in a bit, but not that much.
Yeah, I'm guilty of having a cat we let outdoors until a new neighbor moved in and called me and said if she sees that cat again, she's calling the animal patrol and they would catch it and I would have to pay to get it back. She also put up a fence between our yards just on our side saying she was growing grass and didn't want my kids in her yard. Well, I was sure to have a very nice yard and kids. We didn't even have a bare spot under the swings. And every time the ball went over the fence I had the kids ring her doorbell and ask permission to get their toys. I do agree cats should be inside and our new one has to be indoors cuz the breed is known to have NO aggression whatsoever. And is very true with this one! (See Computer Napper page above!)
Best rootbeer floats are hard ice cream and Shasta rootbeer. Mmmmmm.
On my way to a Target run and maybe find someone to meet me for lunch.
Have a new book to start and a painting on the easel to work on. Should make for a good day. Oh, have to stop and pick up some sod too. Trying to fix winter dog damage.
See ya all later!

Kathrin G.
06-04-2009, 01:27 PM
In regards to the cats, it is illegal to declaw cats here and rightly so. If you take in an animal, you know what you are taking on. If you cant face habits of it, don't get it. Simple as that. Nobody would chop the hands of kids because the pull stuff down, touch stuff they shouldn't or leave dirty hand prints on the walls, would they.
Right now I have 2 cats, I even had 5 while I still lived in Germany. All my cats are and always were housecats, indoor only. They get wormed, are vaxed and neutered. But to take the claws off no way. They got the cat tree and make use of it, my furniture is perfect.
Sorry for the rant :o

Good afternoon everyone :wave:
You have been busy chatting :eek: :lol: no way I can reply to all, so sending hugs instead. Hope that is acceptable :o
Sun is still shining here, but I really could do with some rain for the garden, preferably at night tho ;) It is in the forecast for the weekend, but I will need to water everything tonight again.
The lads at work are busy with hay, so had a lovely quiet day with nearly everyone gone :D
Need to run to the shop, make supper for the kids and water the plants, then I can paint the night away :)

Raymo
06-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Dont be dissin on cats or I send the BigDog out to rough up each of you....

Raymo
06-04-2009, 01:55 PM
....and if we have to get really rough, Merwyn....

Katwyld
06-04-2009, 02:38 PM
In regards to the cats, it is illegal to declaw cats here and rightly so. If you take in an animal, you know what you are taking on. If you cant face habits of it, don't get it. Simple as that. Nobody would chop the hands of kids because the pull stuff down, touch stuff they shouldn't or leave dirty hand prints on the walls, would they.
I think most people don't know what's involved when a cat is declawed... a number of people I talked to believe (well, believed) that they just removed the claw itself. My Mom was gonna have their first cat declawed, and I didn't want to berate her, but I knew if she knew what was involved she wouldn't do it... so I gently asked 'Do you know what's involved in declawing a cat?' When she said no, I asked her if she wanted to. And she said no again, but it got her thinking. She called me the next day and said they weren't declawing her... she decided to look it up and was mortified.

Incidently, they now have two cats and their furniture is fine. They did have to replace the curtains on the sliding glass door, but the cat wasn't intentionally clawing them, just catching them when she was hiding back there and trying to play with the dogs. They worked with her, and now she doesn't grab them anymore... She saved the old curtains, though, and put them back up with the kitten came while they trained her. heh

And don't worry about the rant, I feel the same way... *hugs*

I had a cat like that, Susan. He was funny... you couldn't hold him for long inside... but if you picked him up and went outside with him, he would cling to you for dear life... which is precisely why I would take him outside. :D Yeah, a little bit of mean, but it actually helped... he started tolerating (and even liking) being picked up after a while. :lol:

Enjoy Target, Ruthie! I wish I was up there to have lunch with ya. Oh, and I prefer my floats with IBC rootbeer. :p

We're getting our rain... wonder if it's the same stuff you got, Howard... if I can, I'll send it back down that way for ya. :D (coming down real good out there, too! Wow!)

Done with all my work stuff (well, could do a little more, but I'm tired from moving files and don't want to move anymore!), so I'm gonna pull out my CPs and do a little more work on them.

And Ray? I'll love on those kitties till they want to come home with me. :heart: Be careful what you threaten with. :lol:

Shirl Parker
06-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Before I became a dog person, I had 8 cats over a period of 30 years. I never had one declawed. An analogy in human terms would be cutting off each finger at the last joint. It is really quite easy to just trim them with a clipper, especially if you start as a kitten.

Kathrin G.
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Ray, your kitties are cool :cool: :lol:
Kat, thanks :heart: Not knowing does have a lot to account for indeed, but also the believe that the human race got the power to change every other to its liking.
Like operating dogs so that they loose the ability to bark :mad: :confused: :eek:
Shirl, you are very right. And as for clipping them a little, 2 of my cats live with my mom still. Nike is now 17, Pepples is 12. I clipped both their nails for the first time 2 years ago with no problem. Had to clip because they caught a type of summer mite [what my mom must have brought in on her cloth, shoes, whatever] and they scratched themselves bloody, which counter acted the treatment.
I know I could do the nails of mine no problem if I tried, but there is no need so why bother them.

By the way, I am a cat and dog person with 5 dogs and 2 cats :lol: I'd have more cats, but himself ain't letting me :rolleyes:

Lady Carol
06-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi guys. It has been a really busy day. I hope everyone is well and has been behaving. Yeah! That means you too Raymo.

Raymo
06-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Teen and I have 2 cats and 4 others that adopted us....:lol:

Spanny....Fireball....BigDog....Crusty....FatBack....Merwyn

Raymo
06-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi guys. It has been a really busy day. I hope everyone is well and has been behaving. Yeah! That means you too Raymo.

I'm always good....:angel:

Been doing any riding lately ?

Lady Carol
06-04-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm always good....:angel:
I know you are :wink2:

Been doing any riding lately ?
Nah :( Going tomorrow though. :D
Friday: my reward for surviving the students is to go riding in the afternoon.

Spanny....Fireball....BigDog....Crusty....FatBack....Merwyn
These are certainly original names.

OkeeKat
06-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi All just got home from busy day and have to feed/walk boys and get motorhome finished packed for the weekend. we leave tomorrow am
Going to Disney, Animal kingdom sat and sunday SeaWorld with Dtr/SIL and my little Man Mathew!! Ohh cant wait.

Love the photos Howard, wow melllon is getting BIG!!
Cute kitties Ray. Guess they take after Teena!!:lol:
Will read up on everythng later I hope, sorry all, /sigh.
Hope to get back in here later this eve.
Luv and hugs to alL!!

idylbrush
06-04-2009, 08:11 PM
New photo lights arrived and I was pleased to see how easy they were to assemble and operate. They are 72 watts each, the old ones are 250 watts each. The cfl bulbs are color adjusted which means a lot less work in the after shoot. I am impressed. They are designed for digital work and seem to be doing a relatively good job. They are big though. About 10 times larger than the halogen lights. So far, very impressed. The black out curtains worked very well it seems.

No rain today but the garden seems to be rather happy at the moment so won't complain any. Lots of weeds to pull though.

AMuse
06-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone.

well I've been self promoting myself like crazy (which really goes against my nature!)

and it's paying off. I got a buy last week for the Orchids I did for DS with Carol, and today I got a buyer for the Dragonfly I did for my own DS. (the one I was shocked didn't sell in NY!) LOL

All just from talking about painting, and talking them up. :)

I wish it was always that easy. But I'm going to take it while it lasts.

the kdis are off school for the next three days and it's supposed to rain! that should make things interesting.

PattiLou
06-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Howard your garden sure does look like it enjoyed the rain and it is filling in nicely.

Glad you like your new lights. How was your photography lesson?

idylbrush
06-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Howard your garden sure does look like it enjoyed the rain and it is filling in nicely.

Glad you like your new lights. How was your photography lesson?

The new lights are amazing. I was surprised that in the lesson, I knew a great deal and at the same time I have so much more to learn. It was a very good experience.

I have to get back into the yard and start pulling weeds. I have been avoiding to much direct sunlight exposure since the meds I am on have a tendency to be uncomfortable with sunlight and can create a few major issues with the skin. The time has come to get back out there and massacre a few weeds.

objectivistartist
06-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Wear long sleeves... and gloves... and a hat of course...

susme48
06-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Definitely interesting kitty names, Ray...I want to see pics of the others! As you say...DO IT!!

Have fun Kathie!

Who are you talking to, Kathy?? It is hard to talk yourself up...I cannot do it :o

Oh,yeah...what Robert said...some meds can really make you burn and blister bad!! I hope those weeds know what they are in for!!

I worked on both my textured pieces today...not much time...but I keep trying!

I am gonna try to go to bed early...lots to do tomorrow!!

*dee*
06-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Hi y'all! :wave:

Well, I did more errand-running & puttering around than painting today. :rolleyes: I did work on the portrait some and started this months DiffStrokes.

And I did some plain old vegetating. :lol: Today was not one of my more motivated days.

Our summer squash is coming on fast and furious....as only summer squash can. :rolleyes: I don't mind a meal or two a year of the stuff...I much prefer winter squash...but the stuff is more prolific than rabbits! :eek: We picked the first of it today...and there was quite a bit.

I'm looking forward to the cukes...its starting up the trellises now.

I'll try to remember to get a few shots of our "family garden" tomorrow.

For someone who hasn't done a quarter of what I WANTED to do today...I sure am tired! See y'all in the morning! :wave:

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Good Morning :wave:
Just popping in before work. Today should be my half day, but I am not sure that it will be. Got to wait and see. It is pretty misty out this morning and temperatures did drop over night a little. Maybe the forecast is right and we will get a bit of rain over the weekend.
Got to run, see you all later. Have a nice day :wave:

Bright Eyes
06-05-2009, 02:43 AM
Good Morning :wave:
Just popping in before work. Today should be my half day, but I am not sure that it will be. Got to wait and see. It is pretty misty out this morning and temperatures did drop over night a little. Maybe the forecast is right and we will get a bit of rain over the weekend.
Got to run, see you all later. Have a nice day :wave:

:eek: Its 9:42 pm my time, and its already the next day for you? Still catches me off guard. Hope you get your half day!

dances_with_oils
06-05-2009, 03:47 AM
It's 02darkandscary20 am right now and the reason I am up? The crazy cat lady went away for the weekend and left her cats outside and the males decided to have a hissy fit under my window. (who goes away and leaves their animals outside - but professes to be an animal lover? - sheesh) So with the racket, my dogs got going which then woke up my in laws and hubby. I went out and hosed the cats and they took off for a bit and allowed at least my in laws to get back to sleep.

Ray, normally I have no issue with cats/dogs/pets in general however, when this women's cats are out they seem to ascend like a pack of locusts on to my property and rip up flowers, veggies, use my lawn, flowerbeds and planters as a toilet, kill the birds and rip my screens on my windows and doors. I caught one of them trying to chew through the back of my lawn chair. I have asked the owner nicely to keep them in, but she doesn't want to deal with them crying to get out, not using the litter box or wrecking her place. She actually left them alone for almost 9 months with just having a kid come in once a day to feed them. She's never trained any of them and they are constantly flea ridden, wormy and full of ear mites. She whines at me how much the vet bills were and then promptly lets them all out to get infested again. This has been going on for over a year. My poor dogs can't sit outside in peace because these cats are always in our yard.

I just don't get the point of having a pet if you are going to leave it alone with a minimum of care. This woman seems oblivious to the threat to her cats of not having claws and living in the midst of a conservation area loaded with coyotes and martens.

I got absolutely no painting done today and I'm still waiting for the easel. I think they sent it via horse and wagon.

Fab news on the sale Kathy, congrats! Good show on the lights Howard, I'm glad you are happy with them. As for the sun sensitivity issues, have you looked into these fab clothes? http://www.sunprotectiveclothing.ca/

OkeeKat
06-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Good morning all, quick hi and bye, off to Disney to meet up with daughter and family. have a great weekend all. be back on monday am.
luv and hugs to all

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Kim, :lol: its a funny and odd world isn't it :lol: It is 2pm now, I got my half day :D
Dances, I do understand your frustration (hugs) This woman sounds irresponsible and ignorant to her duties. Some people shouldn't have animals. Hope you get her to see some sense, or maybe she will move :wink2:
Kathie, have a good time :wave:

Yep, it is just gone dinner time here. I have to go on a few errands now and I cant see it being fun. Hopefully I get back soon and get to paint some :)

*dee*
06-05-2009, 10:22 AM

Coffee is on, help yourself.

Other than running to the post office later, my "plan" is to paint today...and that's IT. We'll see how that works out. :lol:

PattiLou
06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
The new lights are amazing. I was surprised that in the lesson, I knew a great deal and at the same time I have so much more to learn. It was a very good experience.
Sounds good to me.:thumbsup: I'm sure you will learn quickly. Be careful out in the sun. Do a little every day instead of trying to get it all done at once and early mornings are best.

It's my last day at the genealogy library and I won't mind being inside all day as it looks like it is going to pour down here in Salt Lake City.

Off to pack my notes, computer and lunch, hoping for a productive day. See ya'll later. Have a wonderful day.

Katwyld
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
G'morning y'all. It's Friday! :clap:

Dances, I hope she gets a clue... and as I said, check out that Boundary stuff... doesn't hurt to try it!

Glad the lights are working for ya, Howard.

Hope you get your half day, Kathrin... course, if you're not on now, I'm guessing you didn't. :p

Did you find everything you were looking for, Patti? Or at least most of it?

Yay for talking yourself up, Kathy... it's well deserved!

Howdy to y'all... hope it's a good day for all of y'all... looks like more rain here (rained overnight),... hoping it kicks the temperature down a little bit... been a bit warm here lately, and it's only June!

AMuse
06-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Morning all.

it's raining! tomorrow it's going to.... *gulp* snow!!!! it's not fair!!!! WAH!!!!!

self promotion is really hard for me - I'm shy and Canadian! LOL It seems that Canadians aren't that bold in promoting themselves (that's what my mom says anyway) but i'm getting better at it.

Susan... I just posted pictures of what I've got on face book and other places and chat about them. I don't usually say that they are for sale, but I've recieved offers anyway! :)

dances_with_oils
06-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Kathy, I know what you mean. We really need that a type of drug store that the American's had in Hollywood (Schwab's wasn't it called?)in the 30s- 50s so we can sit there and wait to be discovered.

AMuse
06-05-2009, 12:10 PM
ROFL! Yes! Exactly! LOL

susme48
06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Morning all!! Off for today's marathon...courtesy of the hubby...who won't do anything alone...:lol: We have to run to one town and sign papers on a mower (I already did my thing) but he needs me to go. Then run home so I can take a shower, and then go to the drs.

I would much rather take the hower while he was gone,,,but...instead everything will be rush rush rush!

Then he leaves in the am to turn in the truck, his phone and uniforms, and keys...and then take the bus to Joplin, MO. for orientation.

Hmmmm....a drugstore/soda shop for artists? (Sorry I hate to do this but I am compelled) :eek: We could get Ray to shoot some of Hunter Paul and IanArt's bird paintings and call it "SQUABS"? :angel:

AMuse
06-05-2009, 12:30 PM
ROFL Susan!

Lady Carol
06-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Morning all!! Off for today's marathon...courtesy of the hubby...who won't do anything alone...:lol: We have to run to one town and sign papers on a mower (I already did my thing) but he needs me to go. Then run home so I can take a shower, and then go to the drs.

I would refuse to go with him. It would be that simple.

Hmmmm....a drugstore/soda shop for artists? (Sorry I hate to do this but I am compelled) :eek: We could get Ray to shoot some of Hunter Paul and IanArt's bird paintings and call it "SQUABS"? :angel:
:lol:

Katwyld
06-05-2009, 01:26 PM
SNOW?! It's JUNE! Goodness, that's just nuts...

Oh, Susan... did you REALLY have to? *groan*

Getting ready to pull out the CPs and play a little... just changed my federal withholdings due to the 'stimulus package' that is taking a lot less out of my check... I'd be happy with that if I wasn't so sure that it'll leave us screwed next year... ah well, I just have them taking out each week what I know is missing (yay for math! heh).

Bright Eyes
06-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Susan... I just posted pictures of what I've got on face book and other places and chat about them. I don't usually say that they are for sale, but I've recieved offers anyway! :)
I've got facebook too! What is your name and city so I can add you? Mine is Kimberly Bustillos, or Art De Bustillos and I think it references me to Anchorage, but not sure. Anyone else have facebook?

Bright Eyes
06-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I've got facebook too! What is your full name and city so I can add you? Mine is Kimberly Bustillos, or Art De Bustillos and I think it references me to Anchorage, but not sure. Anyone else have facebook?

Bright Eyes
06-05-2009, 01:41 PM
wow:eek: my posts are like deja vu!

Oh and if you do have facebook and want to be added could you please send you full name and city through private message? I won't be back to check this thread for a couple days.

Bright Eyes
06-05-2009, 01:59 PM
just changed my federal withholdings due to the 'stimulus package' that is taking a lot less out of my check... I'd be happy with that if I wasn't so sure that it'll leave us screwed next year... ah well, I just have them taking out each week what I know is missing (yay for math! heh).

Ya yay for stimulus. Its funny some people in Alaska are having fits because Palin is turning down all the stimulus. Which is kind of funny because first off Alaska has way too much oil money to every really go into a bad recession. Economy up hear is doing great. We don't actually need a stimulus. And secondly when Alaska gets a stimulus (like last year) they add it to the dividend which made the dividend high enough to get taxed. So we had to pay back the stimulus money on this years taxes and got taxed an additional $300.00 off our dividend! And folks can't understand why Palin would refuse stimulus! Too many folks just want quick free money, not realizing they will pay it back next year.

Well enough with my rant, I'm going camping today:clap: We are headed out to Seward (EP sorry again I couldn't make it before). The red salmon are in and where hoping(really hoping) to fill our freezer. And tomorrow I'll probably take the kids to the Sea Life center. So fare thee well, hope you all have a great weekend:wave:

eyepaint
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
... I'm going camping today:clap: We are headed out to Seward (EP sorry again I couldn't make it before). The red salmon are in and where hoping(really hoping) to fill our freezer. And tomorrow I'll probably take the kids to the Sea Life center. So fare thee well, hope you all have a great weekend:wave:

Kim - hooray for Seward! Say Hi to Skittle the sea otter for me.

Your kids might enjoy seeing the diving birds zipping along underwater. Check out the hardware store in Seward - hunting, fishing, clothes, dollar store, camping, you name it, a wonderful time can be had poking around in there.

Oh and by the way the photos in DS are from Alaska - the hawk was in Haines and the flag plus mountain was in Ketchikan.

Cheers,

AMuse
06-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Kim I sent you a friend request. :)

AMuse
06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
LOL.... I'm gently chuckling at the Art Messiah below. We are talking in here about how it's sometimes hard to promote ourselves, and some folks have no trouble believing in themselves completely!

That's why I love this forum... so many different people and different expressions and room for all!

*dee*
06-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I found ya on FB too!

My portrait is giving me fits! :evil: I figured I'd stop for lunch & then have another go at it.

Popcorn & vodka for lunch if anyone cares to join me. :D :lol:

eyepaint
06-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Woo hoo! If you hear crunching gravel outside, that's me racing up your driveway..... :) :) :)

*dee*
06-05-2009, 02:58 PM
The door is open, come on in!

AMuse
06-05-2009, 03:04 PM

Now that's Lunch! ROFL!

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Vodka........, you got a problem :eek: :lol:

Coffee here to sober up :wink2: :p

RPut
06-05-2009, 03:43 PM
You guys are funny. Well it is after 12 so the vodka is okay--but I'll take a beer if you have one instead. Oh, bettter make more popcorn--when you were pooring another drink I snuck you bowl.

I have Facebook--just started a month or so ago. Anyone wanna be my friend?? (Ruth Puttre)

Slept in again today. A walk with Lucky, a little workout and then to KMart to replace my manicure stuff that dissapeared on our trip. Erg. Some of it was from a set I got as a child and was still really nice stuff. It cost me $67!!! And still didn't get all the pieces I lost. Then to pick up some more sod to fix dog spots in the yard. The lady there said something about there being a pill or something to put in the food to help with the spots in the yard. Anyone know about this?
Lunch here was an egg sandwich. Sorry no FUN drinks here yet.
Kathy, good luck with the self promotion. I can't do it yet either.
It's cold here too, but no snow. whew!

Raymo
06-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Susan....this is Fatback. Teena calls him Butterbean. He has weight issues, around 20 lbs.....

AMuse
06-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Aw Butterbean! what a cute name. :)

*dee*
06-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Ruthie, I sent a friend request.

Kathrin...no "problem"....I'm having a vegetarian lunch, 'taters & corn. :D

Besides, you have to take into consideration that I work a somewhat weird schedule. I'll likely be going to bed before its full-dark tonight and have to get up before 4am tomorrow...I'm ending my "weekend" today. In addition to that, I do NOT drive when once I've had more than one single shot of alcohol (waaay below legal limitations, and even more below MY limitations :wink2: ).

In addition, I like vodka...it is very yummy!

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 04:18 PM
was only joking Dee :wink2: :o didn't mean to imply anything, sorry if it sounded differently :o

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Ray, your cat photos are just too funny :lol:

Shirl Parker
06-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Ruth and Dee, I sent friend requests.

*dee*
06-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Kathrin, no offense taken, I just wanted to make it clear that while I drink when I want one...I'm responsible about it. Cheers!

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Dee, Sorry again anyway :angel: I mean it, was only joking. For that reason I did put the laughing smilies into my post.

Raymo
06-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Ray, your cat photos are just too funny :lol:

Hehe, I loves my kitties. :cat:

*dee*
06-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Raymo, you want more? Two of my "strays that stayed" had kittens. :eek:

GeeWop loves cats and has a bad habit of literally dragging stray kittens home. I've got half a dozen that hang around & I feed. I can pet three of them (full-grown now), but can only hold one...a tomcat. Its getting out of hand! :evil: I'm not sure how many babies there are....they are VERY wild. Only GeeWop can get near them. :rolleyes:

Lady Carol
06-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I'll be your friend, Ruthie....:D Message sent BTW.

Raymo
06-05-2009, 05:10 PM
GeeWop loves cats and has a bad habit of literally dragging stray kittens home.

That's funny, I like GeeWop more and more. Once you start feedin em, they pass the word around....:lol:

old_hobbyist
06-05-2009, 05:23 PM
I posted an early version a couple of weeks back. 16 x 20 canvas panel. Now about 4 h into it. As is apparent, it is still in flux. Sorry about the pic. Still on the easel under the fluorescent lights.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/115806-christmas_balls-06-05-09.jpg

After reviewing some of the threads here, I'm not sure people are still posting works in progress. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be more like a chat room. Jim

idylbrush
06-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Went to Tampa today to pick up some bookends that clip onto the shelf, then to the new Crate and Barrel store to take a look see about. Bypassed the Apple store (makes me wonder if I might be sick) but did go to the office supply and then Pearl Art Supply (well, they are in the same mall, what do you expect me to do.). I found a new Winsor Newton product called black flint texture gel for acrylics. They also had one of my favorite knives there which I just had to have one. But they also had some Scotch artist tape for curves which is 1/8 inch thick. They also had Graham acrylics and I picked up several tubes of what are my favorites and I have a hard time finding locally. So overall it was a pretty darn good day. As I was arriving home the skies opened up and it started to rain, does it get any better than that! The garden is really loving this rain, I can see changes daily.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/36241-melon.jpg

I swear this thing is getting bigger every day!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/36241-CIMG4203.jpg

For some reason I'm really getting into this color combination of purple and orange. I'm finding are very fascinating and I just know I may have to do a piece with it.

Raymo
06-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I posted an early version a couple of weeks back. 16 x 20 canvas panel. Now about 4 h into it. As is apparent, it is still in flux. Sorry about the pic. Still on the easel under the fluorescent lights.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/115806-christmas_balls-06-05-09.jpg

After reviewing some of the threads here, I'm not sure people are still posting works in progress. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be more like a chat room. Jim

It is a chat room, lol....youre in the wrong thread mi amigo....:lol:

*dee*
06-05-2009, 05:31 PM
After reviewing some of the threads here, I'm not sure people are still posting works in progress. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be more like a chat room.

Jim, I think you intended to post this in the WOYE thread, but I don't think anyone minds having it in the QDC. :wink2:

The QDC is the place for us to be chatty.

AMuse
06-05-2009, 05:41 PM
geez will you guys keep it down - between all the chatting and to popcorn popping and the ice cube clinking I can barely think :D :lol:

(pass the popcorn)

old_hobbyist
06-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Geez, I am truly sorry for posting in the wrong place and for interrupting... Won't happen again. Jim

*dee*
06-05-2009, 05:46 PM
:lol: Jim, I really don't think its a problem...pop in any time!

Shirl Parker
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
I hope some of you will be my friend on Facebook, otherwise I'll be really bummed. :o Same name as my ID here.

AMuse
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
LOL Jim, it's not problem, pop in anytime you like (bring a snack!) :D

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Dee, good on you to look after the poor kitties and GeeWop rocks :clap: :lol:
Jim, nice painting :thumbsup:
Howard, sounds like you had the perfect day :D your garden is growing really well :)

okay..... I got to make a confession..... I didnt draw all those pencil pet portraits at all ....... here a few photos of the true artist :cat: ....my girl Angel ......she is such a talented cat :lol:

I see it

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/113357-Angel1.jpg

I'm gonna get it

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/113357-Angel2.jpg

Have it :smug:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/113357-Angel3.jpg

blast of nerves before the start

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/113357-Angel4.jpg

watch the genius at work :cat:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/113357-Angel5.jpg

AMuse
06-05-2009, 05:50 PM
ROFL!!! That's hilarious!

Shirl Parker
06-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Boy, everytime I close this thread and go to delete the email notice, there is already an update to the thread and I have to come back in. Wowser!

AMuse
06-05-2009, 05:52 PM
:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

It's SNOWING!!!!! This is madness.... it's not supposed to snow in JUNE!

*dee*
06-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Kathrin....that is WONDERFUL! :lol:

*dee*
06-05-2009, 05:53 PM
SNOW!? :eek: Eewww, YUCK! Do you think it will stick?

AMuse
06-05-2009, 06:02 PM
lord, I hope not!

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 06:33 PM
glad you liked them as much as I do :)
she is some star alright :heart: an actress and a princess too :lol: just point the camera and she performs :D :lol:
got more photos from her drawing attempt, but didn't want to overload, was funny tho to watch :cat:

Kathy, you got SNOW :eek: oh you poor thing ye (hugs)

RPut
06-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Kathrin the tears are rolling---sooooo funny!!!

OOOHHHHH!! I have new Face book Friends!! Gotta go check it out!

Raymo
06-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Aye carumbaaaa....I was going to ask Kathrin to post a pic of herself so we could see what she looked like but I clicked on her profile first. That is not what I expected you to look like at all....:lol:.

biddlebeach
06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
I am finding lots of Shirley's but no Shirls yet

biddlebeach
06-05-2009, 06:56 PM
oops, found ya!
Ray! you on ??

Raymo
06-05-2009, 06:58 PM
oops, found ya!
Ray! you on ??

No, i've never done the Friends thing. Is it worth checking into ?

biddlebeach
06-05-2009, 07:11 PM
No, i've never done the Friends thing. Is it worth checking into ?

Well, yes!! come on over to the wild side!

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Aye carumbaaaa....I was going to ask Kathrin to post a pic of herself so we could see what she looked like but I clicked on her profile first. That is not what I expected you to look like at all....:lol:.

is that a good thing or a bad thing :lol:

PattiLou
06-05-2009, 07:48 PM
I hope some of you will be my friend on Facebook, otherwise I'll be really bummed. :o Same name as my ID here.
I sent a friend request and I see you already have 3 friends.:wave:

biddlebeach
06-05-2009, 07:53 PM
You are beautiful Kathrin. I call that a good thing!

PattiLou
06-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Ruthie, I sent you a friend request also.

Jeesh Ray, what do you feed your cats.

Dee, I like vodka in a Salty Dog but don't drink very often. I'll have the popcorn and sweet tea.

Kathrin those are too funny. Maybe she could paint some trees for ya.:evil:

I got home from the library and I'm trying to keep up with this thread but it's durn near impossible. Have not even read the others yet... and Jon is eying the fridge with a glare. :lol:

Kathrin G.
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
:o thank Mary :)
picture is 2 years old tho :lol:
this is how I looked last year :p well, without the horns. But the lads on D+S argued that the devils horns were very true to me :eek: :lol: :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2009/113357-devil.jpg

Patti, great idea :lol: :lol: think I need to talk sweetly to her :p

biddlebeach
06-05-2009, 08:08 PM
You are beautiful Kathrin. I call that a good thing!

biddlebeach
06-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Hmm, double post, wonder how that happened?

Raymo
06-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Hmm, double post, wonder how that happened?

Uhhh, cuz youre a dork ? :lol:

Katwyld
06-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Weird double post, too...

Kathrin, you are a beauty... now you'll really need to watch out for Ray! heheh And the kitty is hilarious! Made the hubby come over and look because he wanted to know what I was laughing so hard at. :lol:

Goodness y'all have been chatty! I was startled to find this many new posts... course, now I have to go back and look for facebook names... I'm Kat Lee Shank over there (big surprise there)... Always happy for more friends! *hugs*

Raymo
06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
is that a good thing or a bad thing :lol:
Oh, it's good....fraulein.

Actually you look an awful lot like my sister in law....:eek:

biddlebeach
06-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Uhhh, cuz youre a dork ? :lol:
Oh,, duh,, yeh, right,, LOL:thumbsup:

Raymo
06-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh,, duh,, yeh, right,, LOL:thumbsup:

Are you hitting the night clubs tonight ? :cool:

Raymo
06-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey, what's up with Noodles ? I havent seen her for a long time.

Anybody know ?

PattiLou
06-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Did you find everything you were looking for, Patti? Or at least most of it?
I meant to answer this Kat but the connection here is terrible. Half the time it drops off before I hit the Submit button.:mad:

Nope, didn't find everything or even most of it. It takes quite awhile to read the microfilms. Being old, faded and smeary doesn't help and most of the handwriting is very hard to read... and I thought mine was bad.:lol: I just chip away at it a little at a time here and there. If I had known I would become interested in genealogy I would have questioned my grandparents and g-grandparents, most of whom I could have questioned. At least that would have given me a jump start. I guess some of my ancestors don't want to be dug up... stubborn they are.:D

Raymo
06-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I think i've seen a pic of just about everyone....except for one person....and she knows who it is....c'mon give it up.....do it !