PDA

View Full Version : quick Dry Cafe 5/231/09 through 6/6/09

Pages : 1 [2]

objectivistartist
06-05-2009, 11:59 PM
I got lucky with genealogy - some of my cousins years ago went and did it, and sent the results around to many of us... turns out am related, on my mother's side, to the Randolphs of Virginia and a few others of the American Revolutionary days - which rather surprised me, since those are English folk, and I was led to believe was pure Celt [mostly Scot, some Irish, Welsh, and a wee bit of Cornish tossed in] :eek:... ah well, at least those English knew which side to line up on...:rolleyes: [no offense to those living across the pond these days] ...

and those cat photos, Kathrin, were indeed hilarious - was laughing away here [good thing live alone and not do this on a laptop out somewhere :eek::lol::lol:... they'd be finding those wall pads real quick, then :eek::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:]

susme48
06-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Durn, you were a very very chatty bunch today! It just took me almost 40 minutes to read it all...laughed so hard!!!

Glad everyone seems to have had a good day today...ours was interesting.

For Bob...
The dr. said that she felt That his sore and swollen elbow was much more likely to be bursitis (considering his occupation, apparently it is common for truckers), and the infection traveled down into his arm and caused the cellulitis, which he is more succeptible to because of the diabetes.

She also said his sugar is probably up because of the infection, not because of his diet or activities. She wants him to stay on the antibiotic a bit longer.

For me...
The lump is NOT a lump, or a cyst...it's my bladder...which answered a heck of alot of other questions!!

My hip might be sciatica, were going to see how it goes. After she gets my other records from the other dr. she may do more xrays. But the shot that she gave me for my other probs can also help my hip and back. She gave me some other new meds, and upped my vitamin D, and approved my addition of extra magnesium.

Found out her mom has lichen sclerosis, as well, and she has been treating her successfully...so that gave me some extra encouragement. More so than the dr. I went to that had to look it up on her computer, because she had never heard of it...sigh!!

I also got a handicapped sticker...or will when I take the form to the license bureau. She could not issue it to Bubba, because he does not drive...so since I am gonna need a hip replacement at some point....she also felt like Bob needed less stress if we were shopping or traveling.

In fact she said he really should go on disability now...rather than after the defibrillator....but I am married to one bullheaded man!!

Anyway, it was a long day. And Bubba spent the evening crying because daddy had to give the big truck back, and he cannot hold the company phone any more, and then when I got out suitcases for Bob's bus trip to Joplin...he really started to cry. I guess he thought Bob was going forever or something. It took me till after 11 to calm him down and get him to sleep.

Will try to answer more tomorrow!! Too late tonight! Hugs to all!!

Getting ready to head that way myself!! Night all (or good morning to some of you!!) :)

Kathrin G.
06-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Good Morning all :wave:Coffee is ready, pancakes too :)
Kat, glad you all got a laugh :lol: It was really funny to watch her.
Ray, thank you :D But now you nearly need to post a picture of your sister in law :wink2:
Yep, I missed Elaine around too :confused:
Robert, glad to have given you a good laugh too :lol:
Hi Mary :wave: Think the WC gremlins were at work again ;) How is the time alone again ?

Dogs woke me up early, so even tho it is my day off, I was up at 6.15am :eek:
Guess I cant fault them, they are used to getting out early. But himself could have got up :mad: ah well.
Kids got Hurling matches on this morning. 10.30am starting time for the smaller one in the next village, 11.30am starting time for the older one in another village further away :eek: I will have to just drop off the small one and his granny and run to get the other one dropped off in time and stay with him for the day. Wish they would have organised it better :(
Now, may as well get a shower now and get organised. till later :wave:

Kathrin G.
06-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Hi Susan :wave: we cross posted. Sorry to read that your life is tough going again. Hugs on the way to you.
Hopefully the doc can sort you all out. Healing thoughts on the way too.
Poor Bubba too. Lets hope things get easier soon, the handicapper sticker will sure be a help.
Get a good rest girl.

biddlebeach
06-06-2009, 06:24 AM
NIGHT CLUB!! HAAAAAAAAA
You know, not, where I live Ray my man!! nearest night club, I am thinking is probably about 100 miles away!
plus, I couldn't stay awake long enough to even go there.. not this girl. never was much of a bar/partying kinda girl.
I kept getting kicked offline last night. so I got out the leftover fabric from my curtain project and started to make a cover for my comforter.. or just a throw, depending on how much I have left!
Slept well last night, woke up with a start at 5:30 this AM,, figured I may as well get out of bed and get started on the day. have to get to my sis's in order to help with her yard sale. I also hope to get rid of some stuff, and pick up a couple of bucks doing it too..
happy painting and whatever today everyone!
Oh,, coffee is on! help yourselves.

objectivistartist
06-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Yes, Kathrin, that was a great way to end the day, seeing that [other than having finished my foreground rock on my oversized rendering :clap: ]

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2009/44482-SDC10066a.jpg

With the continual rains these days, just as well to stay indoors and continue on this, getting that last oasis in - and move on to another work...:thumbsup:
[as long as my hand holds out with all that stippling...:rolleyes: ]

Lady Carol
06-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Found out her mom has lichen sclerosis,
Hey that is better than I thought. For some reason I thought you had systemic sclerosis which is a much worse variant of that disease. Lichen sclerosis is more manageable.

Hi Kathrin :wave: nice to see you. Thanks for the pancakes and coffee.

Dogs woke me up early, so even tho it is my day off, I was up at 6.15am I woke up at 6:15am too but it had nothing to do with dogs. What the heck is this world coming to?

Robert would you post a close up of the drawing. Just wondering if you are stippling or something else.

Morning everyone else :wave:

Katwyld
06-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Goodness, Susan. *hugs* Hopefully all this stuff will help... and poor Bubba, it has to be hard to explain some of this stuff to him.

Howdy Mary! Glad you got some good sleep. Enjoy the yard sale!

Looking very nice, Robert... Used to do stippling way back, don't think I have that patience anymore. heh

Dogs are good that way aren't they, Kathrin? Don't wear yourself ragged today!

Just woke up here... and would still be in bed if I'd realized it was 10 and not 12. :rolleyes: Damn being bad sighted, couldn't see the clock very well. Ah well, maybe I'll nap later. Had Murph snuggling with me for a little bit, though... that was nice, she hasn't done it in a little while now (she likes to get under the covers with me).

AMuse
06-06-2009, 11:08 AM
(((Susan)))

well it's snowing... (I posted some pics on my blog) hmph....

the girls worked so hard on the garden this year and now it seems it was for nothing. not all the seeds have sprouted so we will probably get carrots and beans (I hope) but the pumpkins and zucchini are done and I'm not sure about the sunflowers... they are pretty frost resistant when they are big, but I don't know about the sprouts.

I'm so sad about all the work we did. But I'll wait and see. Mom says that the snow might protect the plants on the ground (but the lilacs are frozen.... ) :(

susme48
06-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Paul, Tony and Tracy!!

Thanks, Kathrin! Actually...some of it is actually better...if that makes sense. Sometimes just knowing what it actually going on makes it better. And IF how I feel this am is right...the shot just might help ease the hip too, even tho' it was for the lichen sclerosis.

Was hoping to sneak in a nap (Hubby got me up early so I could spend time with him...:))today, but just remembered the delivery guys are coming with the new mower sometime today. Hopefully soon, and while he is still sleeping!!

Robert, those rocks are impressive!!

Carol...I know it is not the worst I could have...and I do feel fortunate for that...but it surely is a major pain!! Funny, that for a supposedly fairly rare disease, that this little town has quite a number of cases. I did get a bit more sleep than 6:15...I got till 7:15...of course we went to bed at 2am...so it did not feel like much!

Thanks for the hugs Kat!! Bubba seemed a bit better this am...he has officially been appointed the man of the family for this week. He is to help me celebrate my birthday, since daddy won't be here, and also to help me so I don't hurt. Should be interesting to see if any of that overrides what HE wants to do...:lol:

He was a sweetie when Bob came home, he unloaded almost everything from the truck for us...since my hip was having a bad day! And he put all of it just where he was told to!

Oh Kathy...that sux!! Trade hugs with your {{{hugs}}}...tell the gilrs it is for them too!

idylbrush
06-06-2009, 01:12 PM
It seems today started out with a full run. Went off to the farmers market Bright and early and picked up vegetables for the week. Found two or three new markets that I hadn't even heard of before. I was able to pick up some strawberries and blueberries along with some peaches and watermelon. Sounds like fruit salad to me! I made a fresh batch of poppy seed dressing last night so I'm all set. I was also able to get some striped Roma tomatoes, a patty pan squash (a childhood memory for my grandmother's farm and I haven't seen them in the market for years), zucchini squash, acorn squash, spaghetti squash, mangoes and red onions. Went to the market and picked up some bananas (all the bananas at the Farmer's market looked way too yellow for me). Also got some ice cream and a new carpet cleaner solution that is supposed to help me get rid of the odor from my cat. Unfortunately my cat has developed a very bad attitude and according to the vet there isn't a whole bunch we can do about it and I'm trying to put up with it as best I can. He wanted to put her on medication but it would be about $170 a month which at this point just is not going to happen. I'm going to try something holistic medication and see if I can get her back under control again. Went to the kitchen supply store pickup in a colander. Had this real fancy stainless steel one with tack welded handles and the handles fell off which makes it very difficult to handle when you got something very hot in there. I found one the other week at one of the local kitchen shops that was made of plastic was a little bit smaller had a nice deep basket and a nice handle. For 10 bucks I can't go wrong. So picedk that up this morning. After I got all the market shopping done and get everything home in its appropriate place in the house I then took my oncidium orchid up to a local orchid grower and they're going to repot it for me. They thought I wanted it all in one pot and were fearful that they didn't have a pot large enough. When I explained it would be okay to break apart he thought that he might be able to give five plants of that one pot, WOW! it may be midweek before I get it back but that's okay. They had some of the most beautiful orchids today and there were several that I wanted to purchase but it's all I can do to handle the ones I have at the moment and leave during the summer and now that my one orchid is multiplying its could be even harder yet. I may have to give one to my sister and maybe two. I really could use a little shade house or pergola. I just don't have time to get it done this year.

Haven't had a chance to try the new things I got the art supply yesterday. One of the colors I got was viridian green. I don't think I've ever owned a tube of viridian green before in my life.

I wish I'd picked up some eggplant today, would've made some ratatouille. Just didn't occur to me at the time. Had to stop at the hardware store and pick up a little grommeting unit, some gorilla glue, a hose and some fittings. The shortest they had was 15 feet and what I'm trying to do is make a few little extensions. It gives me a place to install a cutoff switch away from the sprinkler head start on get wet every time. The 15 footer will be fine and I'll just cut in half and make two 7 1/2 foot pieces. I was able to find some pretty good brass fittings today which are very hard to come by these days I'm sure they're going to work fine. The hose seemed like a pretty good quality hose as well. I'm a little tired at the moment but that will pass I'm sure. I'm taking a few minutes out to rest and get something cold to drink.

No artwork today yet but I did have a chance to work with iPhoto floodlights this morning and was able to take a pretty good photograph of my large 36 x 36" piece without a whole bunch of hassle. I had to straighten the image and then simply crop it and do some minor adjustments to the colors and sharpen it and I was done it took me all about five minutes. I may be doing the same thing on Monday when I go down to the hotel and bring all those pieces home. I lost a lot of those images in a computer crash a couple years back and have surely missed them. So here's my second chance. My studio is going to be so stuffed to the gills it will be in pain.

Kathrin G.
06-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Mary, good luck with the yard sale :thumbsup:
Robert, your drawing is looking fantastic :clap:
Carol, early mornings suck, don't they :(
Kat, ah the dogs are grand. Love the little buggers :heart: :lol: My point was that himself had to get up for work 10 to 15 minutes later anyway and he could have just got up and left them out....but no :rolleyes:
Kathy, I hope everything gets through that frosty surprise. Young growth is always in danger, but yes, the snow might help quiet a lot. Frost without snow is worst. Hugs to you :grouphug:
Susan, yep, knowing is better than fearing the unknown. But more hugs to you all the same :grouphug:
Howard, glad those lights are making it so much easier to take photos :clap: You seem to be always so busy doing things. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Kids had their matches. Nana and Grandad took my small man. Spend so much time on the phone to them to get updates :lol: His team won out their competition :D
I took my big small man and they won their competition :D I am a proud mom, can you tell :lol:
Didn't get home till 3pm tho.
It is cold today and around 2.30pm it started raining. Made it even colder out, but my garden is happy :smug:
It is nearly 8pm now and I am just about to start painting. I am tired, but I hope dabbing paint around the paper will wake me up again.

objectivistartist
06-06-2009, 05:07 PM
http://visioneerwindows.blogspot.com/2009/06/vaulting-17.html

Click on the image, and it'll enlarge...:thumbsup:

Kathrin G.
06-06-2009, 05:32 PM
wow, where do you find all that patience Robert :eek:
looks even better large :clap:

objectivistartist
06-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Patience? heh, heh :evil: ... for the past several days, been watching and listening to the 13th Van Cliburn International Competition [online] over in Fort Worth, and many of the concertoes are of such a pace that my hand almost cramped last night in trying to get the rest of the last rock down :eek::lol: :lol: - but such music does wonders in helping to be 'in the grove' and dotting to the speed needed to get things done a wee faster than otherwise... [of course, too, the slow movements allow for 'resting' of sorts - :rolleyes:, tho never enough :lol: ]

Now, once get the blue grisaille of the oasis down, then can more leisurely go over coloring the whole section, as it is there, in view, and no longer needing to bring forth from the 'world in my mind'... :thumbsup:
[tho, too, there is a wish to be done with this and move on to another, new, rendering...:rolleyes: , so impatience is there at the end:evil: ]

idylbrush
06-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Got a bit of lunch and back at it. Took a 15' hose and cut it in half and fixed the ends. I set my garden hoses up with cut off valves at the 7.5' length so I can control the sprinklers without being at the hose bib or close to the springkler, sprayer and getting wet.

Blanched and peeled some peaches and made a fruit salad of peaches, blueberries, and strawberries. Bread is in the oven. Thinking about a tuna macaroni salad or a tomato fritata for dinner. Maybe a bit of cheese added to that would be a nice touch.

Mangoes are not quite ripe yet and the watermelon is chilling. Got some really interesting veggies today.

Still photographing up a storm.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2009/36241-little_garden_bed.jpg
the little garden bed I started last year and have added to this year. Starting to fill in here and there.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2009/36241-melon.jpg
Melon is getting bigger still.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2009/36241-persianjewel.jpg
Blue Persian Jewel opened today.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2009/36241-sedum.jpg
This sedum is doing well and seems to be established.

a few minutes later...

The fritata won. a bit of onion in olive oil, fresh basil from the garden, tomatoes from the garden, a frying pan and some mozarella cheese and it be dinner. Pics later.

idylbrush
06-06-2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jun-2009/36241-fritata.jpg

...and it was oh so good!

*dee*
06-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi y'all! :wave:

I've been from work for HOURS...but between catching up with the chat here, taking my VERY demanding chihuahua for TWO walks, and helping my oldest grandson put the finishing touches on a "cricket box" he (with the help of his dad) built for me today :smug: ....I was just now finally able to post.

For the last few weeks I've been buying crickets to feed to my Oscar. He eats a LOT, its been costing me $8 or $9 a week for crickets. :rolleyes: The other day I noticed some of the crickets have been laying eggs in the old aquarium I keep them in. My grandson & I started researching what raising crickets would involve. It doesn't really seem to be that big of a deal. Now I have a big plywood box to raise crickets in!

The baitshop I've been buying them from gets crickets delivered on Thursdays, by Sat. they've run out. It might be very possible to sell any extras I have to them...and the other baitshop in town...in smaller batches than what they have to buy from the wholesaler. Probably won't make much off the extras...but it will be better than spending nearly $10 a week for fish food! Heck if I could just raise what Oscar eats I'll be ahead!

Howard, you've made me hungry....did you make extra? :D

bairam
06-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Howard, what a busy day you've had. Just asking but....could you please come over and fix dinner for me. Looks so good.

susme48
06-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Howard...sounds like an interesting day out. I have student viridian...it is close to phthalo, but not quite...or at least this is. I wish I could buy all the greens, and just play with all of them. Of course I would love to do that with the blues (but I already have alot of them!) Love the Blue Persian Jewel!! Wow!!

Did you see the movie, Ratatouille ? It was pretty cute!

I was so tired of trees and such that I actually did one of the WDE...may do a couple more.

Thanks for the hugs, Kathrin!! Glad your kids are winners!!!

Really nice work Robert!

Ok...pictures of food again...sigh...now I am hungry!! But I don't want to cook!

Well, I better go and dig something up, before I get yelled at by the manchild again!!! :D

Raymo
06-06-2009, 08:32 PM
If I ever make it to Florida again, i'm stopping at Howards for dinner....:lol:

Raymo
06-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I love looking at Paul Corfield's art. He's so talented. Check him out.
Paul Corfield.

If you can get the search feature to work....:mad:. He's over in oils. Posted on woye.

RPut
06-06-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm wishing I was back in Florida. It was 46 and rainy today. 25 at home right now and there was a bit of snow.

Because of the last weeks of school frenzy and our trip to Florida, we have not been to our cabin yet this year. a very late start for us! So Rob and I got up early this morning and got here about noon. The water is in and went the best/easiest we;ve ever had. And no leaks this year which seems to be a yearly problem for us the last few years. Rob swept up spider webs and such on the outside deck and around the house I started inside. Tho it's really not too bad. Hardly any dust. But cleaned the fridge and inside cupboards and took stock of what's here. Next weekend will grocery shop and replenish the fridge and stock up for the summer. And the heat works! yeah! It's getting toasty in here. And for the first time----I'm online! This year we took over the phone and cable bill from my parents and so we ditched the phone kept the cable and added internet! Had a few glitches and frustrations till I finally called the service and the problem was that they hadn't turned on the modem from their end. So here I am!!

Robert, that looks amazing!
Howard you had a busy day! Jealous of all the fresh food! Not going to happen around here for awhile.
Susan, sorry you are going through more "stuff". Sending a hug!
Hi to everyone else!
Left the kids at home by themselves. Wish us luck!

biddlebeach
06-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Holy COW!! I am tired!
The sale went well, we got rid of tons of stuff. and what was left, we packaged up and sent off to Goodwill and Salvation Army..Except what we brought home. I made enough money to go to Walmart and get more fabric to match my bedroom curtains , to hopefully make a bed covering..
anyone hear anything from our Noodles???

AMuse
06-06-2009, 09:28 PM
well back from our busy day out. We went to the wave pool, went to see UP in 3D and then came home and had hot dogs.... a total kid day.

we're all pretty tired now

I was hoping to paint tonight but I can barely see. LOL I can't keep up with the kids these days!

susme48
06-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Ruthie...nice to have a cabin!! Thanks for the hugs!!

Glad your sale went well, Mary!!

Sounds like fun Kathy...for the kids anyway...sometimes those kinds of days are hard on adults!!

If we don't hear from noodles/Elaine by tomorrow, I will give her a call...I think it's a bit late tonight...she seems to go to bed early, and in case she is sick or something.

Maybe her hubby swept her off on vacation? Tho' she would have probably told us that!! I am getting a little concerned...since I cannot imagine she would not tell us if something was wrong.