PDA

View Full Version : Faber Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils

Irish_2417
05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Anyone use these? I am looking into buying a set after watching some youtube videos and am wondering if anyone has an info on them? Thanks!

bchlvr
05-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I own a set and use them. I like them better than the Derwents because the colors are stronger...I like them.

ourcassidy!
05-30-2009, 12:08 AM
I use them as well...I like them..have some Caron D'arch (sp?) but find them very scratchy...like the FC ones much better...great for detail

Pam

Tracy Lang
05-30-2009, 01:54 AM
I also have a small set and like them well enough, but, my go to pastel pencils are the Stabilo Carbothello's...colors are great and they blend in nicely with my sticks :)

Tracy

learning to paint
05-30-2009, 01:56 AM
I've got a bunch of them and I'm pleased with them.

Studio-1-F
05-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Anyone use these?
I have some and like them, though I prefer the Conte Pastel Pencils because they are softer, fatter, and more lush. Least, in my opinion. Which is woefully uninformed.

I suggest that you buy a sampler pack (for nine bucks) of pastel pencils from Dakota and try a number of brands (of one color) to see which one you like best. Make your own decision! "Six pencils are included: CarbOthello, Cretacolor, Conte, Daler-Rowney, Derwent and Faber-Castell Pitt." More info here. (http://www.dakotapastels.com/pages/index-pencils.aspx)

Jan

dbjs
05-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I use some Pitt pastel pencils. Usually I use the blue, black and white Pitts, and then the rest is Derwent. I especially like the brown Derwents, but for blue I always go for Pitt.

Merethe T
06-01-2009, 08:59 AM
I use them, they are a good choice. Especially blue, black and grays, I always keep several of them as I use them all the time. I like Derwents and Carbothellos too, but Pitts are my workhorses...

Merethe

Lyta
06-02-2009, 03:14 PM
I use them too and love them a lot! They're smooth and don't have these little "stones" in the leads that Conté drawing pencils seem to have. (Don't know about the Conté pastel pencils.)

You have to realise though that Faber-Castell chose to go with a colour palette leaning more towards muted colours - half of the 60 colours available are browns and greys, and the really bright colours are quite rare. Of course it depends on the subject if that's a good thing or not, and you can always combine them with other brands.

I hope you'll find a brand that suits your needs! :wave: