PDA

View Full Version : G'day Everyone!!!!

Georgi
05-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Just popping in to say "Hello!" I've been very slack lately and haven't picked up a paint brush for ages. I need a kick in the proverbial to get me started again!

I think I got that last night because my nephew has asked me to do a painting for him and his wife! Now I'm nervous. I get all worked up if I have to do a painting for someone else....does anyone else get butterflies if a similar situation arises? If I just paint for the sake of painting (or for my own sake) all is well, but when I feel I'm doing it for another, I seem to lose all confidence. What a pain!

So now I'm working myself up to facing a canvas...and my nerves! :eek:

PainterDeb
05-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Hi Georgi,

I think your feelings are perfectly normal!

I am just beginning, so I have had only one request....I would say don't worry too much about it, just paint and be yourself, what else can you do? Do the best you can without going crazy...I assume they have seen your work?

idylbrush
05-24-2009, 09:19 PM
This is most common. Don't let it get to you, it will only get in your way. Try to relax and be very loose when you start out and enjoy the process.

leamacd
05-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Hi Georgi - I'm sure you will do fine. Remember your nephew must love your work; otherwise he wouldn't have commissioned you to do one for him. I went back and had a look at threads you've posted with your work and you are very talented - so stop worrying and have fun!!

susme48
05-25-2009, 01:22 AM
Just go for it and enjoy!!

Georgi
05-25-2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments. You have helped me a lot in dampening my trepidation! I'm glad I'm not alone in these feelings. I started today, just as far as doing the base coats...but it's a start!

Cheers,
Georgi :cat:

PS...I think there is a lesson to be learned here...never leave it long in between picking up the brushes! It's a lot easier, I think, if one is painting regularly. It's been a few months since I attacked a canvas and that is part of my problem...and I really have no one to blame but myself...lazy devil that I am!!!:evil:

bullyluvver
05-25-2009, 05:24 AM
I'm exactly the same, one of the reasons I stopped doing commissions....my nerves couldn't take it!

Flattwo
05-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Georgit

Commissiona are a pain, I don't like doing them, its too much like work, I like to paint for myself and if anyone else likes them all the better

Henry

noodle1
05-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Have to admit never did but in the last few years yes, not butterflies exactly but a certain amount of hesitation. For me I think it's just having done it for so long and now I just want to paint what I want to paint for myself.

But can't imagine it's any different in any artistic field, once you get started the creative energy takes over and you just fly, so take a deep breath and soar, it'll be great!

Elaine

LavenderFrost
05-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm sure you'll do fine, you'll get back into it. And remember it's only paint. If it happens to not turn out, you could always try again.

Georgi
05-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks everyone for boosting my confidence....you are all so helpful, as usual. That's what is so great about this forum. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Georgi :cat: