PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 5/24/09 through 5/30/09

idylbrush
05-24-2009, 07:18 AM
A place to chat, share common or uncommon events, vent, rant, rave and share commonalities.

Kathrin G.
05-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Good Morning everyone :wave: Good Morning Howard :wave:
Coffee is ready, pancakes and croissants too, help yourself :wink2:
Sun is shining, what a change :D All horsies and foals got to go out for the day, apart from my 2 sickly babies. But they are doing really well too.
Not sure what to do with myself, paint trees or go gardening :rolleyes:
Ah well, I will find something :) Have a nice day everyone :wave:

noodle1
05-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Good Sunday Morning,

Coffee, onion bagels, juice this morning, very laid back in the kitchen..lol

Hi Howard, Mary, Kim, Dee, Kathleen, Kathy, Kathie, Kat, Shirl, EP, Sue, Sharon, Dances, Maria, Robert, Raymo, Sandy, Kathrin, Patti, Carol, all the cafe gang.

Hoping the morning finds you all well. Storm did it's thing, passed and left on and off showers, more today I guess, stayed fairly warm but got muggy.
Seems we all are turning our attention to being outside in the garden or just enjoying the weather. Yesterday had a few more things open in mine.

Carol enjoy Maddie today. Knew ya didn't mean beat him up. Vel was a barrel racer so for her it was flat out or nothing, never did get her in second gear, she even danced while she was walking showing her impatience with me..lol But boy she could sprint from a stand still..lol and turn on a dime, loved that horse she had a lot of heart. Have fun today!!

Hope everyone has some fun today whatever your plans are. See ya later.

Hugs,
Elaine

Shirl Parker
05-24-2009, 11:02 AM
We had a big set of thunderboomers and rain sweep through here at about 5:30 this morning. Sent my dog running for the shelter of the bathroom for the first time in months. Actually, she was sleeping so deeply that she missed about the first half hour.

Bright Eyes
05-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Morning everyone:wave:

Thanks for the coffee Elaine! And glad you didn't get washed away in the storm:thumbsup:

Busy day today. Headed to Anchorage with all the kids. If it doesn't rain we're going to the zoo. If it does, well then we'll figure something else out. Afterwards we're taking them all to the movies. See if the twins will sit through it:rolleyes:

AMuse
05-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Good Morning all - I think it's farmer's market day today, more seed planting, seed soaking, bike riding... all the good stuff! :)

Raymo
05-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Good morning, everyone....I mean artdorks...

Indy 500 and CocaCola 600 today, woohoo !

RPut
05-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi Everyone! Guess What!! I am in FLORIDA!!!!! Yeah! Started out Sat. at 4:30 AM and the trip went well until The GPS went dead and the charger had been forgotten in car left in Minneapolis. So we had to rely on a plain old paper map and the "nagigator" as Rob calls me.
Today we will get our bearings and figure out what we want to do and where we want to go. Currently we are visiting Rob's folks in Belleview south or Ocala. So we will hang out here today and then go from there!
Check in later!!
Ruthie

idylbrush
05-24-2009, 02:07 PM
I really like the farmers markets. There is one not far from here and they usually have some good produce. Went there yesterday and the prices were considerably higher than the market and things looked pretty bad overall. Found fruit with ants living in them, shriveled and way to soft. Pineapples were 5.99 a piece and in the market for the same name brand was 3.99. Needless to say I didn't get anything there.

Shirl Parker
05-24-2009, 02:11 PM
They have an attempt at a Farmer's Market going here in Brownsville. They are sadly lacking farmers. And like yours, Howard, what they do have is WAY too expensive.

Bright Eyes
05-24-2009, 02:19 PM
We have farmers markets here too. Not much good for produce unless you really need to stock up on cabbage, potatoes and whatever berries are in season. The majority of Alaska's produce is shipped in. The farmer's market is mainly filled with crafters and such.

idylbrush
05-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Beautiful day out. Rain is just about 2 miles away but it is not going to be getting here.

Did a bunch of running around today.

Made calzones last night for dinner, very simple ones, pepperoni and cheese. Very tasty as the pepperoni was a very nice quality with a nice peppery aftertaste. And there is enough left over for tonight. Used one of the FoodTV recipes.

The rain has been a real boost to the garden. Things are growing quite nicely.

*dee*
05-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi y'all! :wave:

Just got in from work. Last night I got sweet-talked out of my 'puter by my oldest grandson. :lol: They were having problems with their dsl, and he was wanting to get online...so I just got caught up on some housework while he gamed.

We're having miserable rainy weather....which we really do not need! :( Our poor garden was just getting dried out a bit.

Should have planted rice!

Kathrin G.
05-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Good evening everyone :wave: Strictly speaking it is night time here tho :lol: Got coffee made, help yourself to some if you like.
Elaine, your Vel sounded like fun :lol:
Shirl, hope your doggie is over her fright.
Kim, hope the sun is shining for you. Enjoy the day.
Kathy, happy gardening :)
Ray, no idea what you are talking about :confused: but you are male so you are forgiven :p :lol:
Ruthie, enjoy your stay :clap: Hope you have a lovely time :)
Howard and Shirl, your farmers markets don't sound like they are any good.
Good to hear your garden is growing well Howard.
Dee, hope the sun will shine for you soon.

Work was short and sweet today. Not many mares left, the season is drawing to an end.
The first rose is opening in the garden, Sweet Williams is starting. Weigela is in full bloom and so is the Broom and the poppies are ready to burst open :D
It is "only" the lens of the camera what is damaged.. Took a chance today and bought a different lens and that is working perfectly :D :smug: :D Good lens in general, but lacking a bit on the macro side. Ah well, as long as I can take photos again. But now my savings are gone from it :(
Did a little painting today, not much tho.

noodle1
05-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hi Dee, grandmas are suckers for sweet talkin' grand kids...lol My garden just got started and what was, got kind of beatin' down by last two rains..lol Hope it drys up fast for you.

Hi Kathrin, I just made myself a cup of coffee. The storm passed fairly quickly but it was weird to see hail, or was it..lol this weather nuts!

My poppies were perky for awhile but I took this from my bedroom window.
Yellow iris came out big time but on the other side of car..haha. Lillies will show up, then all these pretty white flowers I have no idea what the names are..lol not the other ones, Howard solved that, then some Delphiniums and three rose bushes that made it, climber didn't *sigh*, and a bunch of other things. Once the poppy's die off will cut em all down and dig some up, everything growing under, around and through them, they spread like crazy this year. They went under the fence and line the back of it and the sides. Anyway just thought I'd show ya, good Memorial Day spread tho...LOL

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2009/139027-View-from-my-room.jpg

Coffee in hand and paint on palette, think I'll play for a bit.
Have a good night all, Howard your garden seems to be getting just the right amount of rain.:thumbsup:

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey Lucy.....I'm home!!!!

I imagine I have lots to read...so be patient...I can see the place fell apart without me....:lol: Actually glad everyone seems to be doing well....will go check out last weeks ending, and posted stuff....AFTER I feed the boys...:o

Bob will be leaving in an hour or so...so I need to hurry....just wanted to say howdie!!

*dee*
05-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Hi Susan, I take it you were MIA at the same time I was!?

My dad arrived in Maine safe & sound this evening. Even though he seems to drive slower than snot when you're riding with him....he makes good time when going cross-country. :lol:

He carried the painting I did of Howard's rose to my sister, and she loved it. My sister & b-i-l may be coming for a visit in July! :clap: I haven't seen her in a few years. I do get to see my brother-in-law once, or twice, a year (he's full-time, career Guard & comes to Little Rock for training).

Time out for a rant...
I looks like I'll be pulling some overtime...again. :rolleyes: The "new girl" has confided in one of my co-workers that Wed is her "last day". Seems she's moving to Louisiana for the summer to stay with her sister. She has not given her notice to me or the manager though. Why do people do that? We have just enough people to cover the shifts. The store is open 24/7 and there are 5 people. We've got about 4 hours a day that are "overlapped"...so we've got 5 people for 196 hours.

Even if the manager had someone picked out right now to replace her, it will take at least 3 or 4 days to send someone for a drug-test & get back the results.

What happened with giving 2 week notice? :mad:

On a positive note.....she wasn't "all that". :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm done with my rant! :D

I've got another commission! Here's the ref pic.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-May-2009/156775-JackieLittle.jpg

She wants it 11x14, I'm gonna do it on gallery-wrapped canvas.

I am already stressing over her hair! :eek: And the teeth! It'll be my first time painting teeth! :o

biddlebeach
05-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone!!
wow, what a day this has been!
went to church this Am, then home to get ready for work. got done there, went to a friends to cut each others hair. then to goodwill for my weekly visit.. then back home, checked email, then had just enough time to change clothes and go to SIL's for a picnic. it was nice,.but to be honest, all I really wanted to do was spend a day home.. tomorrow I have to work gain. but hopefully it won't be long.
gonna go hit the sack, as soon as I go take care of a load of wash..
see you all tomorrow!

AMuse
05-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Oh no Dee... that bites (about the over time - not the teeth! LOL)

congrats on the commission... I was just thinking that I'd be worried about the hair.

try not to worry about the teeth... just remember that that teeth aren't really white!

biddlebeach
05-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Good morning folks!
Mark has the coffee on, banana's in the basket, cereal on the counter. eggs and stuff in the fridge, help yourselves.
why is it, when we actually have the opportunity to sleep in, we wake up at least a half h our BEFORE our alarm would have gone off? sigh,,
looks like this is gonna be our last day with out rain for a while,, it is a tad bit cool, this Am,, kinda nice after the past week.
got tons of stuff I want to do today, I hope to get most of it done. but as you can see, I am not hurrying out the door to get to it! LOL,, gonna just sit and savor the moment for a bit.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day today and remembers to thank the Vet's out there!

idylbrush
05-25-2009, 09:08 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2009/36241-card.jpg

A quick greeting card/note card.

noodle1
05-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Morning Everyone,

Adding coffee too, and breakfast is self-serve this am..lol Have to get out early to the market, guess the get together at Lori's is on today and I have a few B'day cakes to bake and some snacky things to pick up.haha

Howard that looks great, what a terrific idea, I'll order a dozen please...lol
hate what's out there for notes or greeting cards. What a thrill to receive something like this for any occasion or a quick note!

Sun's just coming out, little hazy out as well, all the rain and temperatures stayed warm. Hope not too muggy today but least it's not raining..lol

Hi Dee, I don't know what happened to "two week" notices, indifference probably, cover your own butt and to heck with anyone else I guess. Makes it tough for sure on everyone else. Work ethics like everything else seems to be a lost art.

Mary you're a busy beaver, hope you get some down time today. Is nice to just putz around or sit. I got up at 5am..:eek: why dunno, last few days and by evening I'm tired..haha But not cause I worked as hard as any of you.

Hey Sue, glad you're back, missed ya, really did!

A big hello to everyone else as well, Kat, Kathleen, Carol, Kim, Kathrin, Shirl,
EP, Sharon, Kathy, Kathie, Dances, Robert, Raymo, Sandy, oh there goes the memory again but ya know I love's ya all.

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Elaine

AMuse
05-25-2009, 09:59 AM
I was up early this morning... with cat paws on my face! I'm beginning to think that naming her princess wasn't too smart... it's giving her ideas about her place in the family! :lol:

Today is more planting of seeds in the garden, and swimming lessons with the kids afterschool. Tomorrow is the full day kindergarten field trip, and yoga class after school. Then Wednesday is my only day off, Thursday is volunteering at the school, Friday is the volunteer tea (the girls each have songs prepared) and then working at the school library.

I need a clone! LOL

idylbrush
05-25-2009, 10:32 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2009/36241-fig.jpg
More and more figs everyday and they seem to be getting bigger.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2009/36241-melon.jpg
Melon Amy that is trying to take over this end of the garden.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2009/36241-pineapple.jpg
the Pineapple is getting bigger.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2009/36241-rose.jpg
Rose
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2009/36241-thunbergia.jpg
This plant was frosted to the ground just back in February and now it is in bloom. What a miracle.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2009/36241-sidegarden.jpg
Things are starting to fill in and grow. So far so good.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2009/36241-tomato.jpg
starting on the newly planted big boy tomatoes. A few weeks off before harvest.

dances_with_oils
05-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Morning everyone (afternoon and evening for the time zone folks)

Dee, that commission looks like it's going to be fun - they both have such strong bone structures and their skin is gorgeous. Don't stress the hair, if you have a bit of time call a hairdresser and ask if she/he could show you how that hair looks close up and how it falls. I find sometimes when I need to draw or paint a body part if I understand how if functions or is supposed to look close up I can do a better job. For the teeth, ask your dentist/hygienist for a tooth colour chart (they use them for whitening to see how much the tooth has whitened). From that chart you can mix your paint colour for the teeth.

I think a mistake a lot of folks do when painting teeth is to render them a flat surface when if fact they are very contoured. Sometimes to remind me of what teeth and gums actually looks like I chew a piece of gum and stick it to my teeth and treat it as a mold and have a look at the contours. I find that helps me envision what to draw. One other way I find helps is to remember the jaw is two arches so the teeth have to sit within those arches. To have the teeth sit nicely in the mouth the arch peak should line up with the middle of the nose. (and those would be teeth that had thousands of dollars of orthodontist work.. LOL) Real people's arch peaks are slightly off kilter with the middle of their face.

Howard, love the design... I hope whomever that is intended for frames it... lucky folks! Love the garden pics. I just was able to plant my tomato plants this last week. The frost got my pepper plants so I have to start over with them.

I didn't do any painting this weekend as I had a bad cluster headache, kind of hard to mix paint when everything has little blue and black sparkles over it.. LOL It's marginally better today and I think once the RMT has a go with my shoulder (where is seems to stem from) it will abate enough for me to be not to grumpy and I'll be more creative (on my own without the little sparkles added to everything.).

*dee*
05-25-2009, 10:56 AM
G'mornin'! I've actually been up for a while, fed GeeWop, fish and the wild-kitties...and I'm cooking more chicken for GeeWop. I like to keep a couple of breasts pre-cooked in the fridge....yep, she's spoiled. :lol:

Need to do some laundry, then maybe paint until I have to get ready fro work.

Howard, your garden is looking wonderful! Ours looks very, very wet. :rolleyes:

susme48
05-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Good Morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!!

Been doing laundry since we got home...the only reason Bob came back home instead of straight out, was that he had no clean clothes. So did 3 loads last night and two this am....all caught up with everyone! (Poor Bubba had a rough trip clothes-wise....let's just say that he and Ruthie's student had alot in common for awhile!)

I think it is one of his new meds not mixing with an old one...calling the dr. tomorrow. Bob is gonna cut it close but is so tired that he went to bed last night, got up at 6 to leave and is back in bed. He says if he leaves by 11 he can still get to upstate NY by Wed am. I still have to unload the pickup...we left all my 'inheritance inside' and tarped last night. Just way to tired to deal with it! Also brought back a couple dozen 2x4's that were with his load...they just throw them away. I'll find a use for them!!

Dee...glad you had a good time with your dad!! It was good to see my folks, even if it was just for a few hours on Friday and Saturday am. Love your ref pic!! Sorry about the mess at work!!

Nice card, Howard!!

Elaine, my friend...missed you too!! I, umm...errrr...did manage to steal just a bit of time and hit my fav little art shop while I was in Ohio. It is just a block from the truck stop...how could I resist? One never knows what he will have on sale. Picked up a frame 24x30 for $5.00, because it had a little bubble...I figure I can sand it down and repaint it...saves me alot!! He had some samples marked down and an additional 40% off...so I had a bit of fun.

Kathy, as usual, you seem to have a full plate!!

Howard, I wonder if I will ever have a garden again. Took a few pics at mom's but not much was in bloom. Nothing looked right anymore...sigh! Depressing.

Dances...sorry about that headache...have had a migraine/sinus thing going since Friday night...it is still with me...sigh!! I probably should not have driven straight thru' but I was too full of adrenaline to stop and rest.

Tried one of those energy "shots"...tasted like crap...gave me a lightheaded buzz...made me silly, but otherwise, I guess they are not meant to make up for a lack of sleep...:lol:

Our whole outside is twice as wet as it could be...we had a water leak where there is an outside spigot...sigh. I guess I should be glad it was not the hot water heater this time. Seems like everytime we go away...something watery happens. I am just not gonna worry about it right now....since we have a well...and it was cold water.

Back later...lots more reading to do!

Bright Eyes
05-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Dee congrats on the commission:clap: Don't stress the hair and teeth too much. A good thing to keep in mind is to paint it in value shapes, not by the details or actual shape of the mouth, eyes and so on. Painting the value shapes will make the hair and teeth a lot easier. If you see here the teeth aren't much different from the lips value wise. So your not going to need a whole lot of detail on them. Same with the hair, if you paint the value shapes and not the detail it will come out a more realistic with out all the rendering.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-May-2009/139098-Dees.jpg

Susan nice to have you back:grouphug: Nice bargain you got there! As for laundry, you can head on over to my place after you get done with yours:D

Dance good advice on painting teeth:thumbsup: Hope that headache clears up all the way today.

Howard the garden is looking great! Can almost smell the sun on your tomato:smug: And very nice greeting card:thumbsup:

Kathy, I hope your find that clone of yours! Your awfully busy:eek: You should high tail it to the U.S. for a day, its Memorial day here. No work, school, or anything else:thumbsup:

Elaine good morning:wave: You have some lovely flower beds! And the white picket fence and all really just tie into the "homieness' of your house. I always wanted a white picket fence, just too lazy to put one in:rolleyes:

Well off I go to get things done. Made great progress the last few days. Finally getting somewhere with my calligraphy practice and got the value layers done on two of my paintings:smug: Now I just need to do a few more base drawings and I have all the paintings for my next show at started or at some stage of being done. And once everything is underway I can start choosing glazes and colors so I can begin making the frames. Still a lot of work to be done but at least I getting somewhere with it. I'm going to go check out a local millwork place to see what kinds of trim and molding they have for frames. Looking for some more elaborate stain grade trimmings. Hoping to find something in walnut or alder. Such pretty wood, and stains so nicely:smug:

susme48
05-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Sharon!! It is nice to be home!

Got the truck unloaded....went thru' most of the boxes. Furniture is stacked in the living room....:lol: Have no idea what to do with it...was kind of unprepared. Never thought about where to put it, except for the bed for bubba and the blanket chest which goes in my room...MAYBE at the foot of the bed...so I can run into it morning and night...:o

Dad gave me all the old pictures and frames that they had no need for. Most of them are just plan old cheapies...but a couple are gorgeous! Actually, some of the prints are kind of nice too. Need to check and see if any of these guys made it big...a few giclee's are really nice. Also found a painting my great aunt did...I did not know she painted.

I got an old bugle, I think it is an old military one...some old glass electrical transformer covers...a butter churner paddle, and another antique tool that I am not sure of...might be for thrashing wheat or something like that....not sure. It looks like a giant foot with about an 8 foot handle.

The rest is old...but not sure they are antiques yet...:lol: the antique guy passed them up, so...some old glass bottles. Fun to remember anyway.

At least it is all unloaded.

Kathrin G.
05-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Just popping in before bedtime :wave:
too tired to read all the news, will need to leave that till tomorrow :o was a late night last night and a busy day at work. Took the new painting in and they loved it.
well nightie night everyone :wave:
Kathrin

biddlebeach
05-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Just getting supper started,, can you say "oh mah gawd, I am tarred???" and I don't mean tarred and feathered, (Ray) I am damn tired,, and it is back to work tomorrow! sigh,,
Gonna VEG out on the porch tonight after dinner,,
Worked at the motel today, not too big a deal, ( anymore)
then came home, grabbed a bite to eat, then off to the shade garden I am attempting.
I had to dig up about a dozen or more hosta's from one area to place in the new shade garden. that in itself, was a pain as they didn't want to come out!
then I shook all of the dirt and weed roots out of them before putting them in my new place, BUT the new spot is so hard to dig in,, I had a rough time getting the holes to put the new stuff into..
After what seemed like a month of forever's,, I got them all planted, now I am hoping to find some ferns, to place in there also, then put the paper and bark mulch in ,, then done,, sigh,, have to work late tomorrow, so I am guessing it isn't gonna be then,, maybe Wednesday,,
hope everyone had a fabulous day today!

Lady Carol
05-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi guys, a quick pop in. Yeah I have been watching Lost all weekend between riding and drawing...and gardening :o

Finished the froggie. Appreciate your comments.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7874439#post7874439

PattiLou
05-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Sounds like everyone has been busy and the gardens are getting a good start. Glad a few folks are feeling better and the new puppies are doing well.

We had nice visits in Ohio and Indiana and now we are headed west, currently in Nebraska. Tried to catch internet when we could but was without for about 3-days... that's a bummer. You get hooked on it and then when you can't get hooked-up it's tragic... well, almost, lol. Weather has been good last few days, but windy today. Trying to catch up laundry and catch up on what's happening here. Missed ya'll. Need my WC shot for the day!

Going to go see what everyone has been working on. Later... at least we have WiFi in this campground, yea!

idylbrush
05-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Was invited to a memorial day celebration today but didn't go. There were 20+ people invited and to many children (germ factories) and just didn't want to take a chance.

Doctors appointment in the morning and then a trip up to see sis and her hubby, we are going to IKEA for a quick run through the store. I need to get some CFL bulbs that only they seem to carry. With these I think I have changed every bulb in the house to CFL.

Got the newest work varnished today. The humidity in the studio is so low things seem to dry in minutes. Used the disposable spray can and like it immensely.

Been busy almost all day. Nausea seems to be a new found friend, or so it seems.

susme48
05-25-2009, 09:59 PM
G'night Kathrin!!

Mary, sorry you are so tired!!

Carol...love him!!!

OkeeKat
05-25-2009, 11:33 PM
HELLO EVERYONE!!
Im home safe and sound!!
Will have to go thru the last 3 pages tomorrow after unpacking, I just relaxed and read all eve!
We had a good time, Friday before we left, I heard from Ruthie saying she would be in the area we will be passing thru on monday to come home so Joe agreed we will try to get to see her, its gonna cost me. :rolleyes:

I didnt get any painting or drawing done this weekend, but did stop at Michaels with Daughter and picked up some things.
I did read up and back and in eve there too..coworkers daughter bought tall 4 books of the twilight series.... I was halfway thru book 2, finished that and am almost done book three this eve!! BOY Are they great, I did see the movie,(she leant me the DVD this weekend and watched it last night in the motorhome.) book is definately better, but it was great too!!:D
Cant wait till the rest of the books are out in the theatre!

Had a great time but short with our Daughter, SIL and my little man Mathew!! OHHH He's getting so big and jabbering all the time, of course in his own language, very few understandable words at 19 months now.
We got up to see them on saturday am, since we left friday afternoon, stopped over the GA line for the night on friday and onto north GA on saturday am.
We decided to leave earlier on sunday so monday didnt have to drive the whole 9 hrs to home and would leave more time to visit Ruthie, so headed to a small town south of Ocala FL 3 hrs from home sunday nite and Met up with Ruthie and her husband Rob on Monday am for a great breakfast and company at the CrackerBarrel resturant nearby!!
We had a great time!! Ruthie is also just as sweet a person in real life as she is here!! We realy enjoyed chatting alot over kids, pets, life and of course our paintings.
Joe was such a sweetheart to make the stop for me.... ohh I owe him bigtime now!! :lol: :evil:
Here is a photo of Ruthie and I!!:clap: :D
THANK YOU Ruthie and Rob for taking the time out of your vacation to meet us for breakfast, had a great time!!:clap:
(Left to right Ruthie, Kathie. fyi)

Gota work tomorrow so gona finish this book and go to bed!!
Nite all!!:heart:

RPut
05-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Oooohhhhh Kathie Beat me too it! I just came on to post our picture!!
It was sooooo great of Kathie and Joe to take time out of their trip to meet us! I hope it wasn't too much out of their way! We had a great visit--chattering the whole time! Rob enjoyed meeting them too and agreed Kathie and Joe are really nice people. THANKS Joe and Kathie!!

We are now in Orlando and planning our tomorrow day. So far we are planning to go to Universal Theme Park. The kids right now are heading to small amusement park across the street from our hotel. Rob is doing a work report and I need to type it out for him. Haven't had time to read up on posts, so will just say HELLO to everyone and hope all is safe and sound.

Later!

susme48
05-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Kathy, so glad you two got to meet!!

Ruthie...you look so familiar. Now I will spend the whole night trying to figure out why...:confused: :lol:

Patti...we looked for you on our way thru' Ohio...but all motorhomes look alike at 70+ mph...:lol: or almost.

Howard...so sorry about the nausea! At least you can have fun at the IKEA store with your sis!

The kid has slept almost all day...gonna see if we can switch to a bed...so I can get some too.

Night all!!

*dee*
05-26-2009, 02:30 AM

Long day at work (not really any longer hour-wise, but it felt it). Tomorrow is my Friday...then I can get painting! :clap:

Gonna try to catch up on some posts, then off to bed.

idylbrush
05-26-2009, 08:22 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2009/36241-brown_orchid.jpg
This is now about in full bloom. Should be good for another few weeks.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2009/36241-bloodlily.jpg
This is my annual surprise. The blood lily, this wasn't visible in the garden yesterday but this morning it has popped out of the ground and started to bloom. I had planted two more and at least one has taken as I see another flower head as well. So, the garden is always filled with wonderful surprises.

biddlebeach
05-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Morning!! Oh Kathie and Ruthie! so nice you guys got to meet up! love the photo! isn't it cool to meet up with folks? not sure Mark would do that. he is always in such a hurry. maybe after we retire.. sigh,, can't some soon enough.
well slept like crap last night, I was so tired, went to bed, fell right to sleep, then at 2 AM woke up for potty br
eak, and could not go back.. finally got up and went back to bed at about 4:30,,
needless to say, I then could not get up at the alarm, so no two mile walk this AM,, not that I COULD if I wanted to anyway, my body is so sore!
gotta get a move on and get my bumm to work,
hopefully I can hook back up, there.
talk to ya all later!!
Mary walks er,, stumbles,, back to the kitchen in search of more coffee!!! ugh.

AMuse
05-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi!

Bye!

Off to the Kindergarten field trip.... (I must be insane!)

noodle1
05-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Morning Everyone,

Oh Ruthie and Kathie how great to have met, and a terrific picture!
Ruthie I hope you are totally having a ball, you deserve it!

Mary you need a good soak in a spa..lol

Just coffee this morning, went out early to take some pixs. Pulling along side the road an adventure..lol broad daylight and they still can't seem to see ya, heave forbid I'd slow them down..hahaha

Howard beautiful, what an interesting flower the blood lily is! Hoping the nausea has subsided, not an enjoyable feeling for sure.

Big good morning to eveyone else. Went to Lori's yesterday it was great.
Pigged out on clams and crab legs and everything else one could imagine then time for steaks..wonderful day of sun and eating...lol My friend the horse wasn't around and no one at the barn. Would have thought would be a great day to ride but the place was empty except for a few of the hands and they didn't know which one I meant. Maybe just not meant to be, but doesn't mean I will stop looking...LOL

Hoping everyone's day is filled with something fun or good old peaceful.
Well Kathy kid's field trip may not be all that peaceful but sure will be fun!

Gonna clean up a bit, do some laundry and paint while still early then outside to just be outside..lol See ya all later,

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Yawn!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/kaffeetrinker_2.gif (http://www.pic4ever.com)

Morning Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

Howard...what a beautiful surprise! Hope you are feeling better this am!

Sneaking behind Mary for coffee....mine is not ready yet.

Hi!/Bye! Kathy!! Not insane...just a mom!

Morning Elaine! Glad the party went well!! You talking about pics, reminded me to look at the ones I took on the trip. Not sure if I am just not good at photography or if it is the camera. Some were not too bad.

I had to take some flowers for Howard....these were so cheerful to see, just after sunrise....it was a nice break after about 15 hrs of driving.

I was unable to pull over and get all the beautiful pictures of the sunrise that my eyes were feasting on....the traffic was too heavy and I was coming thru' downtown Cincinnati at the time....by the time I could pull over, it was not nearly as stunning as it had been earlier....

And in spite of having to tarp all my stuff, we did get this reward right before we got home. It's a good thing these turned out....I incurred a bit of wrath from my hubby for taking them out of a moving car at 70 mpg. :o

bairam
05-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Good morning all. I hope everyone had a nice holiday, from the looks of it some did.

Howard so sorry you aren't feeling well, but boy, you've got a major green thumb. I love the garden too, but don't do much digging in it anylonger. To hard to get up again if i kneel down to long.

This is a depressing week for me. I'm going to have my 75th birthday....yeah I know, I'm glad to be still of this side of the grass, but boy, that's getting old.:crying:

Oh well....what can you do. I'm grateful that I have a wonderful family that loves me, and my dog, and I'm still able to takes walks every day, and paint if I want. Life is still good and I don't feel like I'm 75....:)

Have a good day everyone.:wave:

noodle1
05-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi Maria,

Happy Birthday a bit early. 75 years young!

Sue er 70mph and it doesn't look like one big blur, nice job! lol Flowers what are they, oh yes those that grow in Howard's garden..*sigh* Lovely iris'. Don't know what the first ones are do you? Pretty tho.
Larry not happy either when I yell "pull over", course could be the extreme
excitement of getting "that" shot while he's trying to um deal with traffic.
I go alone now, all good! :D :lol:

Hugs,
Elaine

Raymo
05-26-2009, 01:40 PM
What the h..e..double toothpicks, no one ever visits me....:mad:

Love the pic though of the 2 artdorks....what cuties, woohoo !

Stop in traffic in front of me and I run you over...."squish"....:evil:

Oh yeah, a hot tub soaking sounds good. I'm in !

:evil:Kim:evil:

Shirl Parker
05-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Ray, you remind me of these guys in Japan I just read about. Traffic was tied up on account of this guy threatening to jump off the bridge, so this other guy goes up and pushes him off. Traffic jam over.

biddlebeach
05-26-2009, 02:11 PM
LOL Shirl!! too funny, but not really,,
Hi Ray!! you artdork you! love that,,
speaking of stopping to get photo's, as I was on my way home from the picnic the other night, there was the most beautiful sunset,, I pulled over and got out and took a few shots, was bummed as they didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked. but the people who were driving by me,, whew! took my life in my hands there I tell ya.

My show ( well, we all know it isn't really MY show) opens on Saturday, there is an artist reception on Friday night, I get to bring a guest,, anyone want to come? Mark has to work Friday night.
My sis in law and broher in law have to leave here early on Sat morning so they will miss the opening,( they live in Michigan and have to get back so he can have chemo) so I have made some arrangements to get em in tomorrow, to check it out. My artist friend who lives up the road from me has a key,, saweet! I will take the camera and try to get some pics,, that way I won't look too much like a dork with my camera in hand on Friday night. LOL will post em as soon as I can.

Raymo
05-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Ray, you remind me of these guys in Japan I just read about. Traffic was tied up on account of this guy threatening to jump off the bridge, so this other guy goes up and pushes him off. Traffic jam over.

Yeah, I got a kick out of that....:lol:

The old man thought the jumper was being selfish, lol.

Raymo
05-26-2009, 02:15 PM
BB....if I was closer, I would love to go with you.

Cant wait to see the pics !

( Oh looky....next post is 1000....I better get another star....:mad:)

biddlebeach
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks Ray

Bright Eyes
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM
What the h..e..double toothpicks, no one ever visits me....:mad:

Only because you look weird and smell funny:evil:

You should come see your kids the second week of July. I have an exhibit. You could come see me, assuming you no longer have "the" rash, no more warts and make sure Tina give you a good scrubbing so as not to scare the town folk:thumbsup:

:evil::evil: :evil: (yes, thats a triple) ------------------------------------>Ray

susme48
05-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Maria....have decided that your age is middle age! Now that I am gonna be forty-nineteen in a few more days than you. So we are still young!!

The fact that you don't feel forty-thirty-five is a good thing!!!

Elaine, ummmm...I was driving the pickup at 70 AND taking the pic....he was behind me in the truck, and called to read me the riot act! :o

Ray....who has a hot tub???

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/funny.gif (http://www.pic4ever.com)Shirl!!

See Ray, Kim is actually inviting you! :evil:, I am sure she would welcome you with open arms...just not sure what they would be filled with...:angel:

noodle1
05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Sue :eek: now I'm doubly impressed..:lol:
Open arms not filled with much my sweet..:lol: :lol:

Raymo I was not in the road but pulled over to the side of the road, but bet you'd go out of your way even then huh you freak!

Shirl..:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mary have fun on Saturday and good luck!

Hey Kim, scrubbed or not I dunno..lol Pup trained to go fetch?, you could throw Raymo..:D

Elaine

Lady Carol
05-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh boy...afternoon all. Thanks for the lovely comments on Mr. Froggie. What happened to the long weekend? It just sailed by and I did not get much of a chance to do anything. Well it seemed that way. Have not really caught up in here either :( I am starting to stress out - 3 weeks until we go down under. There are things piling up like you would not believe, at work. I have blocked out days with a "don't schedule anything" notice but still it doesn't seem to be helping. Also, the stress of family is looming. Had a major melt-down Sunday night. Hubby was a total doll about it all and very supportive but yesterday I felt really drained and somewhat ill from it all. Oh well. I will survive like I always do but there is, the unknown with my mother that keeps me on edge.

This is a depressing week for me. I'm going to have my 75th birthday....yeah I know, I'm glad to be still of this side of the grass, but boy, that's getting old.:crying:
happy birthday, Maria. :wave:

Morning Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!
O...Oh! I am evidently in deep doo-doo.....I was left off the list. :crying:
What did I do?

susme48
05-26-2009, 06:42 PM
:eek: http://www.pic4ever.com/images/wow.gif...checking notepad which I copied from....:eek: http://www.pic4ever.com/images/128fs318181.gif :eek: yep...and not only Carol...whole first line "Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, " http://www.pic4ever.com/images/shame.gif
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/kap.gifSorry Carol ( also Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Kathy, Kim, and Sandy) http://www.pic4ever.com/images/sigh.gifI did not mean it....http://www.pic4ever.com/images/tissue.gif http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bore.gif

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/worship.gif Forgive me, please!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky084.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) You know how I feel about you, my Lady!!

I feel bad if I made your afternoon/week worse....:o

Lady Carol
05-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Nawww!! Just joking. I knew you had accidentally forgotten. Ya know how I like to rattle cages when I get the opportunity :evil:

noodle1
05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi all,

Sorry Carol bout work and the melt down. Feeling better now I hope. And I forgot to post, thought I did went back and nope...wonderful frog, your finish is grand! Said so there too..lol

Sue never trust lists, or better yet never loose them as I did, so if I ever forget anyone just chalk it up to a senior moment that lasts ..hahaha

Weather flipped, big chill in the air and rain is coming. Going to Lori's tomorrow to get "clipped"..been putting a clip in my hair to see and what a sight that is indeed..LOL That'll take all day, I'm kind of on stand by..haha

Back to painting since I seem to be in the groove should take advantage of it. Have a good evening everyone.

Hugs,
Elaine

Raymo
05-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Only because you so fine and smell gud :evil:

You should come see your kids the second week of July. I have an exhibit. You could come see me....:thumbsup:

:angel::angel::angel:(yes, thats a triple) ------------------------------------>Ray
That would be fun to see your art in person and to get to meet someone from here. No biting, you weirdo. Oh, I would probly need a rabies shot....

....:evil:
:evil:Kim:evil:
....:evil:

Yeah, Noodles, i'll squish you like a toad if you get in my way, hehe.
Pics of the new haircut....do it ! Who you calling a freak....you weirdo....:lol:

Sue....Noodles mentioned something about soaking in a spa for Mary. A hot tub or something and she said clothing optional. I think. She's a wild child....:lol:

***haha, 4 stars now***

OkeeKat
05-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi ALL!!! Long day! Glad its a short week!
We are having a nasty thunder/lightning storm right now! realy is gona help the lake, its come up a bit since last friday at least.
Ruthie, hope your enjoying the rest of your trip! We did have a great visit!! Thanks again, Joe enjoyed chatting with Rob alot too!!
:lol: Shirl! Too funny!! NOT!
HAPPY Early BIRTHDAY Maria!! I hope I'm still going strong like you when I Get to be forty-thirtyfive!! Bad enuf I'm gona be forty-thirteen this summer!:lol:
Susan, ohh your too funny!!:lol: I also take alot of photos out of the windows too..usualy not driving though!:eek: But have done that on occasion last year mostly of clouds and trees, 50 maybe but dont think it was going 70 though.
Howard, Love your garden photos!! Hope your feeling better!!
:rolleyes: hmm.... any chance you could be pregnant???:lol: j/k.:evil: /ducks from Howard.
Mary, surely hope you get some sleep tonight!! Good luck at the show this weekend!
Ray, comeon down here and visit some!! I HAVE THE HOTTUB!!!:smug:
Kim, ohh would love to see your exhibit!! its just so far away./sigh. Did CindyLou learn to attach Ray yet?? hows the training going??
Carol, ((HUGS)) sorry about the meltdown, Hope things look up! sounds like an exciting time going to visit the family.. not!!:rolleyes:
Hope you all have a good evening,
If I missed anyone, sorry /hugs to all!!:wave:

OkeeKat
05-26-2009, 07:47 PM
***haha, 4 stars now***

:clap: Grats on the 4stars now you weirdo!!!!:evil:
soon you'll catch up!!:lol:

Raymo
05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
:clap: Grats on the 4stars now you weirdo!!!!:evil:
soon you'll catch up!!:lol:

....and i'm a minion :clap:....which literally means favorite....:p

Woohoo, goin hottubbin with Kathie. Are you serving wine/refreshments ? Are cannonballs ok ?

OkeeKat
05-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Woohoo, goin hottubbin with Kathie. Are you serving wine/refreshments ? Are cannonballs ok ?

:lol: Sure got the cheese to go with your whine Ray!!:lol:
but NOPE no cannonballs.. ahh no snorkels either! but ya gotta bring Teena!:D

RPut
05-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey! Once again popping in! We had a great time at Universal Studios today. Must have walked a hundred miles. Kids are going to the hot tub and here I am. We are going to eat at Macaroni Grill. Then I think I will hit the hot tub and have a beer or two.
Need to read up.
Special hi and another Thank you to Kathie and Joe.
Off to Tampa tomorrow and most likely Clearwater area. Anybody there??

biddlebeach
05-26-2009, 08:30 PM
We had a hot tub at our old house,, that is the ONLY thing I miss about that place! wish we coulda taken it with us. but Mark said it would be a good selling point, and he was right.. but dang it! I loved it!
I used it alot!
well, it is VERY cold here and it rained all day today, so no working in the yard, so I just may be able to get downstairs to paint! I really really would like to get the Fisherman Santa slate done for my sis in law before they leave on Saturday morning. guess I better get a move on,, eh?

I took a couple of shots of my garden stuff while in the car today on my way home,, um,, while the car was sitting still! will get em up, if they turned out.. be back later!

susme48
05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Can't pick on Ray...at least for a bit...he was too nice about my sketches in WOYE! :angel: he is so sweet :angel: http://www.pic4ever.com/images/confused0078.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/snapoutofit.gif

Sure wish I had a hot tub...sigh!

Hi Ruthie...sure glad you are having a good vacation!! Only had 3 of those since I became an adult....but they were fun!!

RPut
05-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Here's a Pic or two.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2009/117502-IMG_4583.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2009/117502-IMG_4585.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2009/117502-IMG_4606.JPG

biddlebeach
05-26-2009, 08:47 PM
here we go..:clap: :clap:

PattiLou
05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Elaine, ummmm...I was driving the pickup at 70 AND taking the pic....he was behind me in the truck, and called to read me the riot act! :o
So, if you had the camera in one hand and the steering wheel in the other how did you answer the phone?:rolleyes: He just made things more complicated.

PattiLou
05-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Maria......

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2009/125378-BlueFlowerExtra14ccHB.jpg

noodle1
05-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Raymo you weirdo...squish this! Literally means favorite, among other things..lol Look it up.

Ruthie, those are great! You have good looking kids girl! And the new guy you picked up not too bad either...lol So happy your having a good time. :thumbsup:

Mary where'd ya get those? Was the bike retired cause of the scooter..poor bike LOL Raining here too, hope ya finish Santa in time.

Just saying goodnight 5:28 am comes early, stupid internal alarm clock,offers lots of daytime tho, not much night. :(

Hugs back at ya Kathie, enjoy the rest of your day..hot tub sounds delightful, without Raymo...teehee.

Be well catch ya when I catch ya.
Elaine

susme48
05-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Nice yard, Mary!!

He is good at that Patti...:lol: he thought I was watching the camera, and not the road. I just held the camera, and hoped for the best. I can do stupid things, but I am not actually stupid...and there is a difference!

Night Elaine!! Sweet dreams!!

idylbrush
05-26-2009, 10:24 PM
The trip to town was great. Got to the new IKEA store with sis and BIL. Spent several hours there and had a nice lunch and afternoon snack. Left there and on the way back to sisters place went to a local farm market and got some really good deals. For 7.43 I got 5 potatoes, 3 nectarines, 5 apricots, 2 bunches of asparagus, a pineapple, and 2 cucumbers. My BIL was impressed that I was so happy over a simple farm stand. It doesn't take much.

Did get a few little things at IKEA but nothing terribly significant, my sister found her kitchen. A birchwood finished kitchen with an island and some pretty nifty cabinets. I found a kitchen I liked just can't afford it right now.

Rains arrived after I got home. Just about a perfect day. A few more details to tie up and I can call it a great day.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2009/36241-waterlily.jpg
First water lily of the season. It is a tiny thing but well formed and beautiful color. Named Pride of Winter Haven it is no longer available on the market. So to have one is quite a treat. This photo has no touch up, straight off the chip to the computer and on to here in a slightly reduced size.

dances_with_oils
05-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Reading everyone's weekend sounds like much merriment and fun was had by all (except those that had to work :( )

Happy Birthday Maria! What wonders you must have seen in your 75 years! A man walking on the moon, Elvis actually skinny and all handsome, the Beatles, Warhol, polio vaccines and all the other neat stuff that all I'll ever be able to do is just read about instead of being around when it happened. (I scrapped in for the moon landing... just.. LOL)

Raymo
05-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Raymo you weirdo...squish this! Literally means favorite, among other things..lol Look it up.

hot tub sounds delightful, without Raymo...teehee.

Be well catch ya when I catch ya.
Elaine

Oh, i'm your minion man and you know it....:lol:

I think it's against the law to hot tub with a bathing suit.

~~Kathleen
05-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Hey all, seems like everyone has had a good last couple of days!
Good for you Howard, Fresh veggies, and Fruit. It really cannot get much better than that!
Oh Man, what a beautiful little Lily. Things are just starting to sprout here now. A lot later than usual.
I love IKEA! When I was looking for an idea for my wee art room, I was at IKEA and Voila (Yep some Canadian French here....:evil:) I saw a computer desk that fit the room perfectly! The good thing about that store, is if nothing else, one can see how one thing can be used for many different applications. They are wonderful if not just for that!

Susan....Bad girl taking pics while driving, I should introduce you to my daughter. We were coming home from Banff a couple of years ago, and a Ferrari passed us, and another and so on and so on...she (while driving) whips our her Nikkon balances it on the wheel speeds up and is taking pics of her dream car(s) as they pass.:eek:
Now that she has her own, she is not such a fanatic about pics while driving, but I about had a bird (and a few other things) that day as we were driving on a Mountain highway.

WHO CALLED RAY A Weirdo?
Good for you! Not that there is anything bad about being weird (I have been that way a few times) But envisioning him in a kilt is beyond even my vivid imagination.:evil:

Hi Mary wonderful yard! Love the bike. Now don't you work too hard. Remember, we only have one life, and as we age (I am Eleventy-twelve-seven)
We have to coddle ourselves a wee bit.

Happy Happy Marie.....Do something wonderful on your birthday this year, something that you have always wanted to do and never had the time to do. It will mean so much!:heart:

Ruthie, fabulous looking children you and dear husband have. I guess they made it through the last week of school alive so there is hope ....HUH?
Loved the pic of you & Kathie as well. It is always so good to put a face to the name, and such nice faces at that!!!!!

Sleep well Elaine, and hopefully you will wake refreshed and looking forward to tomorrow.

Good Heavens Carol is it that time already? Down under already? Remember, lotsa pics, and inspiration for we who are always looking for something different. How long will you be gone?
I can baby-sit your car while your gone if you want!:D
(A hot Older Mama in a white bomb!):lol: I could ZAP around and pick up Ray and we could drop in unannounced and visit everyone when they look NORMAL Bwahahahahahahaha!:evil:

Okay everyone else, I am running out of time here.
So hi :wave: to you all, and maybe tomorrows missive will not exclude anyone. But you all chatter so darn much it is hard to catch up!!!!!:o

I have been packing all day, but I did pack all my Art things today, my bedroom closet, and most of the kitchen as well.
I am going away at the end of June, and the Kids will be gone over the weekend (after next) so I am Cat sitting and time here is running out.

My friend is coming to take me out to dinner in an hour and then to a protocol meeting re a very important gift next month!

Holy Cats.....My daughter just phoned me....It is the 26th today and I am going to a movie with my six year old grandson on Friday evening (the 29th) I forgot it is my birthday!
He picked the movie:) Yep, it is "UP!" (the name of the movie) and he is positive that I will love it, as I like all the movies we watch on movie night, but don't tell anyone, 'cause he is surprising me! :thumbsup:

It don't get much better.
Love to all
~~Kathleen
Who made great strides in packing today and hope the momentum will carry over to tomorrow and the next day.
My new home will not be delivered for about a month so I will be living in the kids guest suite, a hardship it is not!
So un-packing will take a rest with the exception of my art stuff!:cool:

Raymo
05-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Can't pick on Ray...:angel: he is so sweet :angel:

Raymo---sweet as honey....:lol:

It really is a beautiful sketch, SweetThang !

Raymo
05-26-2009, 11:19 PM
(A hot Older Mama in a white bomb!):lol: I could ZAP around and pick up Ray and we could drop in unannounced and visit everyone when they look NORMAL Bwahahahahahahaha!:evil:

Oh yeahhhh, i'm game. Lets roll, HotMama....:thumbsup:

susme48
05-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Patti....sharp looking kids!!

Howard, that lily is stunning!!!!

Dances...I used to be able to see my polio vacination scar (from Salk)...can't find it tonight for some reason...:lol: The next year's kids got the sugar cube (from Sabin).

Kathleen, you babysit the car...I'll take care of Maddie!! Packing is such a pain...maybe not as bad for you....I, however am a major packrat!! I so far have refused to give up my books (6 bookshelves FULL), or my Christmas decorations (24 boxes), and lets not even talk about clothes :lol:!! Add my stuff to Bob's pc stuff, and now my paint stuff...sigh!!

AMuse
05-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Happy Birthday Maria!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/mapleleafgrl/thanks-greetings-birthday/120.gif

Well I'm exhausted! The kids really wore me out on the field trip. :)

I got a new custom scrabble tile pendant order (yay!) but not sure when I'll be able to finish it (boo) but I'll make the time!

you guys are so funny - it's always delightful reading you girls pickin on poor Raymo.... (now where is that tongue in cheek icon?)

:evil:

PattiLou
05-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Patti....sharp looking kids!!
:confused: Did I miss something? Fingers doing their thing today? Maybe you meant Ruthie and I agree.:lol:

susme48
05-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Sorry Patti....senior moment, I guess? Washed my fingers and cannot do a thing with them?? trying to play that old game where you whisper something to each person down the line...and see where it goes? http://www.pic4ever.com/images/gen152.gif :)

Oh, and can I show off....just a tiny, tiny bit??? It took over 3 weeks to get accepted, and is not quite the way I remember submitting it...but it is me....Susan J Richards (http://www.visualarts.ms.gov/ViewListing.aspx?ListingID=293). I think this means I am officially a Mississippi artist?

~~Kathleen
05-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Packing is such a pain...maybe not as bad for you...
Susan....When I moved into here, I made myself a promise. I had just gotten rid of a whole house full of stuff before I moved here,The only things I kept were my treasures (And I don't mean anything, but the REAL treasures, that I looked at and appreciated so much, they filled one medium sized U-Haul box!) and clothes.
I said that I would not bring anything into my new home unless something of equal size leaves.
Of course, I did purchase all new furniture, and I will keep that and it will go wonderfully with the decor of my new place.
The only exceptions to the keep/ship rule are food, art supplies and framed art!!!!!!:thumbsup:
I have kept that promise faithfully and am so pleased with the results.
I should be finished packing by Saturday morning.
I am so wonked out tonight that I thought it was Wednesday....Tomorrow Evan & I will do dinner and the meeting. So tonight I will sleep the sleep of the just!:wink2:
~~Kathleen
Who asks "How are you sweetie?"
Not you RAY! :confused: I meant Susan.

susme48
05-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Funny, I spent the whole day thinking it was Wednesday...but otherwise, I am doing ok, my friend. I know Bob would love it, if I would clean out my stuff like that...I try, but it is so hard....just goes against my total personality...:lol: I do need to try and cut down on stuff.

Glad Bob has not heard of the rule of not bringing anything into a home unless something of equal size leaves...I would never have been allowed to bring home a truckload of "keepsakes"/inheritance from my folks last weekend. :o However....as big as the dresser of my great-grandmother, the blanket chest and the shelves are....I can easily put alot of stacks of stuff the same size inside of them....does that count? :D

I am considering selling a few of the antiques...at least at some point. Need to research what they might be worth first.

eyepaint
05-27-2009, 03:03 AM
Hi everyone, happy-nearly-end-of-May! Love all the photos of folks and flowers. I'm back and gearing up to host Different Strokes in June. Any requests? Animals? People? Flowers? Vehicles? Landscapes?

Cheers,

p.s. for Kim - take your daughter to see Skittle the sea otter in the Sea Life Centre in Seward. He's only there until July. Also - in Juneau outside the Governor's Mansion I spotted Sarah Palin's chatty black cat :)

noodle1
05-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Morning Everyone,

Coffee, juice, bagels and a full frig help yourselves.

Hey Sue pretty cool! Do you get a copy well guess you could just copy and paste, make yourself a scrapbook of those wonderful monents, nice to fan through. I still have mine from the productive days...lol We have trash day here in the Spring n Fall, decision time, but I do get rid of a lot of stuff, cause I'm a pack rat too, makes room for more new stuff...lol Yes dressers and chests n trunks good for making it look like ya got it all under control. haha

Morning Kathleen, did and thank you, sleep well that is, then up again with the roosters hahaha. Use to go to IKEA all the time, fun place. Enjoy your dinner and hope meeting productive, have a good one!

Hi Patti, Carol, Kat, Kim, Howard, Robert, Raymo, Dee, Shirl, EP, Ruthie, Kathy, Kathie, Sharon, Dances, Kathrin, Maria, Mary, no list winging it hope didn't forget anyone.

Gloomy today, more rain but birds are singing so not all bad..lol
Few things to do round here, painting not one of them today tho, then off to
Lori's salon. Have a great day everyone see ya later.

Elaine

*dee*
05-27-2009, 09:51 AM
G'mornin'! :wave:

No work today!!!! Yay! I've been so ready for my days off! :p

Gonna get started on the portrait today, I've got it sketched out and its waiting for paint!

First, I need FOOD! I'll be back!

Lady Carol
05-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Can't pick on Ray...:angel: he is so sweet :angel:
ROFL!!
What do they say...catch more flies with honey. I guess that makes us the flies :lol:

Sure Kathleen, c'mon over and baby sit the car. Baby-sitting cats goes along with that, too. But they are well behaved especially when you recharge the kitty TV (bird feeder outside the window).

Morning everyone else :wave:

idylbrush
05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Garden is doing well today. The sweet potato vine has taken and is starting to grow rapidly, the mellon has set fruit and it is starting to grow. Overall, things are doing well. Had rain late last night and it had the night to soak in.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2009/36241-Mellon.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2009/36241-purpleconeflower.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2009/36241-sweetpotatovine.jpg

AMuse
05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Good Morning all! Emily and I are planting even more sunflowers today. What can I say - Sunflowers make me so happy, and really $3 of seeds bring me months of joy, so why not?

besides we can't afford the more expensive bedding out plants this year - so sunflowers are going EVERYwhere! LOL

catching up on chores.... then painting and working on my new custom tile... and exploring my new idea .

my life is good today - busy but good! :)

susme48
05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!! and also to anyone else out there peeking in!!

EP...I am sure you will pick a wonderful reference for us....what I need is time. If you have any extra of that I could sure use it!!

Snitching a bagel from Elaine's! Do we get a pic of the new 'do?

Dee, enjoy your day off!!

Carol...this is only temporary...felt compelled to a brief hiatus after his nice comments in WOYE. I see you did not say I could babysit Maddie....sigh! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/running2.gif

Howard, your garden is a joy!!

Sunflowers are happy for sure Kathy!! Take lots of picks for me...please? I need to paint some more....just for me and my kitchen!

Speaking of kitchens...I am off to do breakfast...back later!

AMuse
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Oh you know I'll be taking pictures Susan... I love sunflowers... :)

oops... the buzzer is sounding... time to get clothes on the line!

:)

susme48
05-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Just got sent this link....sigh...nice to think that some couples are not only still together after 62 years, but this in sync with each other at 90 yrs of age! Nice to see something good,after all the bad news that usually gets thrown in our faces by the media!!

Piano Duet (http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4365716)

Bright Eyes
05-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Morning everyone:wave:

EP I'm hoping to make a trip out to Seward soon. If I where ever to move from Wasilla, Seward is where I'd go. Absolutly love that place! Hope you had a blast on your trip!

Don't have much time now, I'll check back in later:wave:

Lady Carol
05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
I see you did not say I could babysit Maddie....sigh! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/running2.gif
Ooops an overlook. :p I am sure Maddie would love to be fed carrots by you. He knows he deserves all the carrots, apples and any other treat he can get. He gets a funny look in his eyes when he is eying you to see if you have anything for him. You can come on over and look after the kitties too (and the car)

Just don't trash the place with Kathleen. I know how you two like to leave jam trails all over the carpets.

biddlebeach
05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Got to sneak into the Depot today! snuck a few shots too,, they are not totally ready for the show yet,, more work to complete,, all of my paintings are up but one, and looks like that one will get up also.
Glad I got in there with no one else,, but my family, and my buddy Steve..
here are a few shots,, lots of sun shining in the windows.

biddlebeach
05-27-2009, 02:06 PM
the last one, with my lighthouse in it? also has my friend Steve's butt!! LOL,, he would be so mad!!

Lady Carol
05-27-2009, 02:22 PM
the last one, with my lighthouse in it? also has my friend Steve's butt!! LOL,, he would be so mad!!
Don't tell him them. At least you have no idea who he is :lol:

*dee*
05-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi all! :wave:

Taking a break...waiting for the background color to dry well. :mad: It is so very, very humid today. Anyone who has trouble dealing with acrylics' fast dry time should be painting in Arkansas right now! Geesh...I'm having to use the blow-dryer every step of the way. :rolleyes: Every time I'm tempted to try oils my very next thought is of my frustration while waiting for acrylic to dry! :lol:

dances_with_oils
05-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Break time here too... hi everyone!

Mary, the show looks like it's shaping up nicely. The patrons will love it and love you work too.

Kim, Have you had a chance to get down to Haines? Fort Seward is pretty cool.. lovely architecture to draw/paint. I adore the eagles when they come to roost for the winter.

I spent most of the day fixing my blog and adding new pictures and text - I even figured out how to add some music - LOL

It's rainy and dark here and like you dee, paint just isn't drying (I know.. I actually was watching paint dry earlier..LOL) This is one of those days to put on a pot of stew or soup and cuddle up and watch a movie. Except I have dogs that insist on going out when the heavens are opening up and the rain is forming waves as it runs down the street. *sigh*

idylbrush
05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Busy day here. Dentist had me in his chair for over 2 hours. While fitting for a partial a tooth fell apart and added another couple hundred to the bill. He is thinking it is going to be good when done. I hope so. I need to save what teeth I have left.

Been busy on the phone with different medical folks trying to get things in order.

Packed and got painting ready to be sent. Waiting for it to be picked up this afternoon.

Worked a bit in the garden today. Not much, haven't had much time for it.

More book work this afternoon. Going to try and varnish a 36X36" canvas this afternoon as well. Still a lot to get done.

*dee*
05-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Its really a nice day here....just humid. There was a teeny sprinkling of rain around noon, now the sun is out & everything is steamy.

My "chichi-baby" hates the rain, so there's NO going out until it is totally unavoidable....she must be 95% bladder! :lol:

Well, time to go pick my granddaughter up at school. :wave:

idylbrush
05-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Avoiding paperwork and doing a mighty fine job of it as well.

Bright Eyes
05-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Kim, Have you had a chance to get down to Haines? Fort Seward is pretty cool.. lovely architecture to draw/paint. I adore the eagles when they come to roost for the winter.

We haven't yet. We want to do a road trip this summer with the kids. Not sure where we're going yet, but Haines does seem like a nice place:rolleyes:

Raymo
05-27-2009, 06:35 PM
It's our :heart: 15th wedding anniversary :heart: tomorrow. I got Teen some red roses/white carnations interspersed with babys breath crapola. Having it delivered to her practice. Does that sound ok ? It looks nice. I suppose I could have taken her fishin or something....

PattiLou
05-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh, and can I show off....just a tiny, tiny bit??? It took over 3 weeks to get accepted, and is not quite the way I remember submitting it...but it is me....Susan J Richards (http://www.visualarts.ms.gov/ViewListing.aspx?ListingID=293). I think this means I am officially a Mississippi artist?
Good for you Susan!:thumbsup:

Sunflowers make me so happy, and really $3 of seeds bring me months of joy, so why not?besides we can't afford the more expensive bedding out plants this year - so sunflowers are going EVERYwhere! LOL
Sunflowers are cool Kathy. The squirrels always got to ours before we could harvest the seeds, but I like the big flower heads that follow the sun.

Mary looks nice to me, have fun and wow everyone.

Dee you sound like me... many times I find myself waiting for the paint to dry. Quess I'm not very patient in this endeavor.:lol:

We almost made it through Nebraska today. Will be in Wyoming tomorrow and hope the wind idles down some, getting tired of driving sideways.:D I'm sitting here looking out the window at an oil well and some big windmills. Life is good, 'specially since the campground has wireless, lol.

Edit: Happy Anniversary Ray! Did you get 15 red roses? One for every year she puts up with you? Jon would go broke doing that, but then we have been married 48 years.:eek:

Lady Carol
05-27-2009, 06:58 PM
It's our :heart: 15th wedding anniversary :heart: tomorrow. I got Teen some red roses/white carnations interspersed with babys breath crapola. Having it delivered to her practice. Does that sound ok ? It looks nice. I suppose I could have taken her fishin or something....
Well I hope you got her more than roses, carnations, baby's breath "crapola" as you put it. She deserves gold (and plenty of it) for putting up with you for 15 years :evil:

Happy Anniversary.

OK...so now I am really annoyed.......
I had some rose buds coming along very nice on the weekend and today....gone!!! Totally missing. Nibbled off..nada left.

Jon would go broke doing that, but then we have been married 48 years.:eek:
My hubby does that. 21 roses this year. He complains bitterly every year about the cost but he started it. Obviously had no forethought :D

objectivistartist
05-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Sunflowers - yeah, great looking, especially for doing artworks...

"Confluence" [24"x18"]
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2009/44482-Confluence.jpg

noodle1
05-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Mary lookin' good!!

Robert that's really cute, quite imaginative!

Raymo HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both. Go pick up a bottle of chamgagne and some strawberries, make a nice but simple dinner for two...take a shower and wear the towel...LOL then wing it! :D Congratulations to Teena for 15 years of patience, tolerance, stupid paintings and all else that makes up the Raymondo man! :lol:

Carol sorry bout the buds :(

I love sunflowers Kathy, I plant them every year too I have a huge bag full of seeds that weren't left for the birds, better get to putting some in the ground. They're great to paint! Here's a couple from last year, I'm feeling flower deprived everything so slow this year..lol The heads were huge.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2009/139027-2nd-sunflower.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2009/139027-3rd-sunflower.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2009/139027-Sunflower.jpg

Patti hope the winds calm down, driving sideways can't be good!

Dee gets muggy round here too and who needs open time then..haha

Howard sorry bout the tooth but hope when it's all done it's done.

Well got my hair cut, now I'm cooking dinner. Nice afternoon anyway..lol
Have a good rest of your day. Catch ya later.

Elaine

OkeeKat
05-27-2009, 08:47 PM
HELLO ALL!!!:wave:
Ran late this am so couldnt get on, sorry, finaly read all the pages from today and last eve, man are you all chatty bunch lately.
SOO funny, I called Joe to see if he was on his way home, he hasnt been out to texas in past two wks. and he is IN Texas now!!.. didnt know he had to go out this week. guess we got so busy doing other things, dont remember him saying anything about goin this week. oh well. at least its a quiet nite!!:lol:

Ruthie, Great photos!! Careful with the sun!! Lotsa sunscreen!!
Mary, beautiful lawn ornaments!! Great photos of the show.. GOOD LUCK!!
Howard, Love the lilly, you take such wonderful photos of flowers, mine usualy are too blurry. Love the Melon, its realy growing fast.. Oh My I do dred dentists, Hope all works out well. Happy painting!
Kathleen, Hiya, your so kind.... nice faces. but then we coulda been taken for sisters though. Be careful with the packing and make sure they put your art stuff on top!!
Susan, congrats, great article!! Nice to be noticed!!Loved that video, aint love grand.. hope I can still get around like them when I get to 90!!
Dee, Hope you had fun painting on your day off!!
Kathy, be sure to take photos!! Love sunflowers too!
Dances, oh I know what you mean, my boys hate going out in the rain! even when the grass is damp with dew they try to avoid walking much in it.
Ray, ohh how nice, Dinner and the beautiful roses would be good too.. think I'd save fishing for the weekend.
she sure is purdy!!
Patti, hiya, hope the trip is going well. WOW you have a few more years on us.. we going on 34 this yr.
Robert, hiya, nice sunflower painting!!
Elaine, ohh what gorgeous sunflower pics, great for paintings. where are the haircut photos?

Hugs and hello to everyone else I missed.
Cya later!!
:wave: :heart:

Raymo
05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Raymo HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both. Go pick up a bottle of chamgagne and some strawberries, make a nice but simple dinner for two...take a shower and wear the towel...LOL then wing it! :D Congratulations to Teena for 15 years of patience, tolerance, stupid paintings and all else that makes up the Raymondo man! :lol:
Haha, you may act like a prude but you still have some fire in you....:lol:

Thanks everyone, for the congrats !

Carol.....bite me :evil:

No PattiCakes, I dont do the roses for each year, those things cost....:mad:

susme48
05-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Mary...your paintings look great!!

Took a break for things to dry, about 3:30...mowed the lawn (or a tiny little bit of it!) found out that we now have only one mower, that will cut anything...sigh! The self-propel part is broken so it takes alot to push it. It was 85 out so I only lasted about an hour. This is one tired body here.

Still need to call the dentist and eye doctor...I better get work done before he doesn't have a job.

I hate paperwork...so bad that I have a ton of bills to pay that are probably late...sigh! I avoid and put things off way too much...I am so bad!

Road trip sounds nice...one without any timetable!!

Elaine...love those sunflower pics!!!

Ray...in MY opinion, there is NOTHING, NOTHING better than getting flowers at work!!!! Of course chocolate and hugs are good too!! Happy anniversary! Tell Teena congrats for us!

Thanks Patti!! It's kind of interesting to see your name up with other artists...even if it is just for MS.

Oh, Carol...what mean beastie ate your roses??

Robert...I love that!!

Kathie, thank you!! It's not much but I find I like seeing my name in print...:lol:, even on the internet! I hope I can move like that at 90 also!!

Forgot to add this...I've been waiting months, for my brother to email this pic to me...he finally gave it to me while we were in Ohio. I thought this was truly cool!! This is my greatgrandfather's mule, that he plowed with. There is also a picture somewhere of my aunt riding it as a little girl that I would like too.

Till I scanned this one...it is 2"x1 1/3"...very small...I did not notice that the shadow across the mule is my greatgrandfather's hat, head, and shoulders!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2009/51170-grpawalmule.jpg

RPut
05-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi Everyone!
Susan, I love old family pics too. Gonna give this one a try aren't you? Congrats on the exposure!

Happy Anniversary Ray and Teena--ours is Friday-1982 so does that make 27? I think so. Whew....

Carol are you heading to Down Under? I think that is what I am gathering from reading posts.

Wonderful sunflowers Elaine and Robert.

Hi Patti, hope your are enjoying your trip!

Hello to everyone I missed!

We decided on another day in Orlando and went to EPCOT center. There was a bigger crowd here and it took a lot of "Hurry Up and Waits". Some were worth it--others not. All feet were tired after two days of constant walking and standing. Rob has had ice packs on his. Both kids are sleeping. Wish I had had a pedometer! Would be curious to know how many miles we put on. The only crisis today was the discovery that Robbie left his brand new swimming trunks in the old room and no one would go to look for them until housekeeping is here in the morning. Because we decided to stay another night, we had to change rooms as the floor we were on, was booked. So of course I trusted all to take care of their own things........Hopefully we will get them back tomorrow. Tomorrow we are on to Tampa and Clearwater. Hotel is beach side so that should be fun and we will get to finally relax and just lay around on the beach. Time will go fast--before we know it we will be on the way back home.
Helping Rob with work and reports. Better get back to typing.
G'Night

AMuse
05-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Hi Everyone... :)

I got another order today for some custom work..it put me over the top to buy these...... watercolor sticks (http://www.danielsmith.com/SpecialPromo/MayWCStick2009/).... I've been wanting to try them for ages - but didn't have the money - but this surprise order was enough to do it and hubby said that I should (I think because he wants to see how they work too! LOL) so I'll start stalking the mailman on Monday! LOL

hope everyone is having a great evening. Hubby has two interviews coming up... fingers, eyes and toes crossed that he does well and it pays enough to keep us in potato chips for a while! :)

Raymo
05-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Ray...in MY opinion, there is NOTHING, NOTHING better than getting flowers at work!!!! Of course chocolate and hugs are good too!! Happy anniversary! Tell Teena congrats for us!

Teena is the same way, nothing better than flowers delivered to work. Thanks ! Love that mule pic....:clap:.

Raymo
05-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Ruthie, i'm glad youre on vacation and having a good time. You deserve it ! Youre the best !

Happy Anniversary !!!

Bright Eyes
05-28-2009, 01:42 AM

15 years:eek: Poor Teena! Should we send some flowers too?:evil:

Happy anneversary! Flowers at work and then go with Elaine's idea:thumbsup: I think Teena will stay with you another year:D

dances_with_oils
05-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Congrats on the anniversaries. Ray, whatever you get your wife, make sure they are fragrant flowers.

This was our street at around supper time... locals kids started boogie boarding down the water...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-May-2009/109508-flowingwater.jpg

Kathrin G.
05-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Just popping in to say Hi to everyone :wave: Has been a busy week so far, too much stuff happening. Hope things will settle soon.
At work sorting out other people's mess is no fun :mad: and at home kids and dogs have my time disappear :rolleyes:
Anyway, got to run, time for work :wave:
Hugs to you all and may your day be all you hope for ((hugs))

idylbrush
05-28-2009, 07:39 AM
The view from my studio is strange this morning. The sky is a rose pink/orange color. Very fascinating but very strange.

Daylilies are into their second bloom cycle with 7 stems, quite surprising since I generally only see a single bloom cycle most years.

I have no appointments today so I guess I will be finishing my paperwork and trying to get things in order. Studio is in need of a major cleaning, if I could find a place for most of the supplies and needed extras like canvas, stretcher, unsold inventory. If I could just move unsold inventory I could gain back tons of space. May be time for a run to the dump.

Melons are starting to really fill out nicely. Hope they mature soon.

Good news, no doctor appointments until November and February. So they must be fairly confident about the results.

Should have dental work done by the end of June. Things are moving along.

biddlebeach
05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Does anyone know where yesterday went?

noodle1
05-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Coffee here and some juice and good old standbys bagels..haha

Raymo I am not a prud..lol and some fire left, enough to scorch the crap out of ya LOL Enjoy your anniversary evening!

Ruthie well Happy Anniversary to you both too! Ah the beach, nothing better then laying on the beach, don't get sunburned tho. Vacations always end too soon but am so glad you are enjoying yourselves, I agree you deserve it!

Mary, morning, yup know where yesterday went...lol into one big blur.
Have a good one today!

Morning Sue, that's a great pix of the mule. Would make a terrific painting, you should give it a go. Old photos great I did a portrait of my mom when she was a girl but it's in graphite, out of the tons I've picked to "do" something with..haha one day she says..lol

Morning Howard, Robert, Kim, Dee, Shirl, EP, Dances, Maria, Carol, Kathleen, Sharon, Kathrin, Kathy yay for "over the top", Kathie, Kat, Patti, hope everyone woke up well and has a great day. Still a little yukky here weather wise but lots to do inside today and some painting too I hope. Catch ya all later. If I missed anyone I'm sorry :heart:

Elaine

idylbrush
05-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Does anyone know where yesterday went?

When you find out, please, let the rest of us know.

*dee*
05-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Howard, that is indeed very encouraging! :clap:

But....trashing your unsold inventory! :eek: Feel free to send it to me, I have plenty of wall space! :D

G'mornin' y'all! :wave: Had to pop in to see what everyone is up to....now I need breakfast. Anyone care to join me for poached eggs & grits? Yum. :smug:

AMuse
05-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Good Morning all! How did I miss the Anniversaries!

Happy Anniversary Raymo... (note to self - nominate Teena for sainthood)

And Happy Anniversary Ruthie! You are so wonderful... I hope you are having a great holiday!

I'm off to the school again today. Funding is so tight for our education system that our school really relies on volunteers to keep things going, today I'm helping the kindergarten kids with their reading. I get to sit down with them one at a time and let them read/tell me their story, and help them pick out a new book to take home a practice. (It's a tough job... but someone has to do it)

Tomorrow I get to go to the volunteer tea and get a little gift from the kids and a snack - then help out in the library for a while - Friday is free return day and there will be a couple hundred books to re-shelve. :)

susme48
05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!!
Hope everyone had a good night!

Ruthie, one nice thing about old family pics...I can paint them without asking...:lol: I might just try this.

Kathy, congrats on all the sales!! Crossing fingers for your hubby's interviews!

They did not have the mule by the time I was old enough to remember, but they still had the farm. My fondest memory is one you might appreciate, Ray. There were two kids that lived across the street that used to come over when we went to see them; one was an older boy with an attitude...especially toward we 'city kids'. He was always trying to embarrass us and show off...so one day he dared us to walk the top of the fence around the corral. We, of course, said no thank you....so he did it to show us he could. Well, it had been rainy :D and the milk cows had been in it alot, so it was ummm...kind of fragrant and steamy and sloppy. :angel: So we encouraged him to do it.

Needless to say, he made it about 3/4 of the way around and fell in. Of course we did not laugh at him :evil: :lol: :evil: http://www.pic4ever.com/images/loudlaff.gif (http://www.pic4ever.com) We were such well-behaved children.http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/innocent0009.gifOnce our parents were assured that we did not push him in, he slunk home and did not come back again that visit.

Dances...probably a pain...but I remember getting to play in the yard and ditch when we had a heavy rain when I was a kid...lots of fun!!

Hope your week gets better Kathrin!!!

Glad things seem to be looking up Howard!!! But don't throw your stuff away!!! Hide it under the bed or something, your work is too good to go to the dump!! or recycle it at least!

You lost yours too Mary?...I think I lost the whole week...sigh!

(note to self - nominate Teena for sainthood) http://www.pic4ever.com/images/funny.gif (http://www.pic4ever.com)

Today is, unfortunately, run to town day, and pay bills day...sigh!! No painting today. At least Debbie will be with us.

Imagine it will include a stop at McDonald's too!

dances_with_oils
05-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Well the rain is no better today. However, I do have to remember that I have spent a small fortune on plant material so the rain is a good thing. (Just sucks for getting out and walking the dogs and getting paint dry)

I've been very brave and posted a WIP to completion and would appreciate all your straight to the point and honest opinions and comments.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=565504

Good luck to all that have duties and chores today, hope your efforts are successful.

Did anyone else read the story on Archie finally making the choice between Veronica and Betty? There goes another childhood memory... next they'll tell me Santa........

susme48
05-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Don't mention Santa or the Easter Bunny.....don't do it!!

Bright Eyes
05-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Good morning everyone:wave:

Howard seems to me like you've got a nice view! And no doc appt. for a few months sounds great:thumbsup: I think it must be all that good garden food you eat:rolleyes:

Morning Mary:wave: Don't know where yesterday went, or the day before. Come to think of it what year is it? Where am I? Whose house is this!?!?

Elaine I've got some waffles to go with your coffee:smug: Its a mucky day here to. Took the dog for a walk this morning, she quite enjoyed the mud puddles and rain!

Dee breakfast sounds nummy! So far we've got your poached eggs and grits, my waffles and Elaine's coffee. Perfect for a yucky mucky rainy day!

Kathy sounds like fun. I love having little kids tell me stories. They say the funniest things sometimes! Its interesting to see how they see the world around them. Tea and a present sounds like some good fun!

Susan that is one nice ass! Oh woops, its a mule:p Cool picture of him. Are you going to paint it? Don't have too much fun paying bills today!
Oh and P.S. I don't know about the easter bunny, but Santa lives up here. I went to his house here is a link to his website, you can even send him an e-mail! I would do it for you but I eat too much reindeer sausage and he doesn't like me anymore:crying: http://www.santaclaushouse.com/

Dances hope the rain works wonders on your new foliage. I posted a comment on your painting. And seems like its raining everywhere today!

Today has be great so far. Took little CindyLou out for a walk to curb some of her enthusiasm. Got breakfast made, sanded a gessoed panel and am now going to go add some more gesso. Have to make this one really smooth. I'm doing and egg tempera painting with some copper gilding on it. Well thats what I'm planning anyways. We'll see how it turns out:rolleyes:

objectivistartist
05-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Prefer reindeer steaks myself, tho sausage is fine :evil:...

as for rain, yes, is here, too - some this morn, some more for the afternoon... is all good, as the grounds and reservoir need more [been a three year drought here :eek:] and just a bit more than a week of this is not by any means enough...

still on my "Vaulting", 32"x40" takes time stippling, but making progress:D -

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2009/44482-SDC10061a.jpg

Those background walls are now all filled, just not taken a photo yet, so am now on my way across the bottom to set the 'framing of the last and most developed oasis, which will be all in color, including its background rock :thumbsup: maybe another week on this...:clap:

Bright Eyes
05-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Robert it is looking so nice!

objectivistartist
05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
well, the pads for the walls of my cell still haven't come in, so guess am free to yet keep on with this :rolleyes::lol::lol:

RPut
05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi Friends,
We are settled in and have spent the aftenoon at the beachside pool in Clearwater. Saw a couple dolphins (I think) swim by. I needed to come in for a break so I don't get burned the first day here.
Thanks for the Happy Anniversary wishes! It's tomorrow and there looks like a nice restaurant next door. So will probably go there for dinner. I don't know if Rob even remembers.......I'll tell him tomorrow....

Howard, really glad to hear the "no appointments!" Yah! Glad things are looking up. Get the teeth done and then get that pile sold!!
Ray, Happy Anniverary to you again. Say Hi to Teena.
Mary forgot to say the display is looking good!
Robert, amazing pencil work!
Kathleen is busy moving and wishing her a Happy Birthday tomorrow?---did she say grandson was taking her to the movies? Fun.
I know I didn't greet everyone--Hello to ALL!

Lady Carol
05-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Carol.....bite me :evil:
I would love to :evil: :evil:

Oh, Carol...what mean beastie ate your roses??
Bunny I think. Bunny stew would be good about now.

Carol are you heading to Down Under? I think that is what I am gathering from reading posts. Yep. It appears that way. We leave in a bit under 3 weeks for 4 weeks. *sigh*

Ruthie have a great holiday....lucky-duckie

Hi everyone else :wave:

Interesting drawing Robert.

idylbrush
05-28-2009, 08:32 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2009/36241-bloodlily1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2009/36241-bloodlily2.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2009/36241-mellon.jpg

The garden needs a little attention. Although we have had rain it seems that the soil is drying out very rapidly. I notice the things I planted recently are starting to wilt a little bit and fortunately I think I got some water on them just in time.

Busy day today trying to catch up on all the paperwork, had a phone call that was a conference call, went to the market and had a gallery meeting this afternoon which lasted about 2 1/2 hours. Just busy times.

Still having a few little stomach issues especially when it's concerning fried foods. For some reason sautéed chicken in oil is just not making it. So tonight I went back to boiled chicken with a little bit of broiled asparagus and a nice salad of sprouts, cucumbers, garden fresh tomatoes and a light vinaigrette. For dessert it was musk melon and watermelon with poppy seed dressing.

Overall it has been a good day.

objectivistartist
05-28-2009, 09:12 PM
that is pen and ink, not pencil...:rolleyes:

Lady Carol
05-28-2009, 10:24 PM
that is pen and ink, not pencil...:rolleyes:
still a drawing.... :D. Actually pen and ink makes it even cooler.

biddlebeach
05-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Geez!! I totally lost today too!!!

You guys are VERY chatty and it just took me forever to read up ! I think I am now up to date,,
Ray ! Happy Anniversary to you and Teena! What is she practicing? LOL
Ruthie,, Happy Anniversary to you too!
Someone is having a birthday too, sorry, brain went away with yesterday,, sigh..

OkeeKat
05-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Hello all!!:wave:
Havent booted up computer till just now and tried to read some posts but the thunder and lighting it so strong, lights starting to flicker again. so gota shut down... sorry all
we realy do need this rain.. cant believe how much its rained today steadily since 2pm. Hope its happening up north FL so it runs down into lake!!

take care all and hugs
Hope all are well and having a good week
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Ruthie and Rob!!!
Remember the sunscreen!!
cya later. Off tomorrow.:clap:

AMuse
05-28-2009, 11:33 PM
evening folks. I'm just worn out. I fell asleep for a little while after supper and then had to comfort my daughter ... they are fundraising for the Kids Cancer Care Foundation and her sweet little temparment had her all in tears thinking about all those kids who are sick... we don't know anyone personally at this point - just the idea was enough to send her over the edge. She has such a sensitive heart. (it makes me quite proud actually) :)

*dee*
05-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi y'all! Not much painting done after 2 this afternoon. Was busy with the grands & running a few errands, supper, then GeeWop & I watched "Beverly Hills Chihuahua". It's a really cute movie! I'm a sucker for anything "chihuahua" though. :rolleyes:

Now I'm ready for bed! See y'all in the morning! :wave:

susme48
05-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks, Kim!!! Oh, you were talking about the mule....sigh!!

Robert, that is beautiful!! I get so amazed at what you can do with pen and ink! Been waiting on my padded cell too...wondering when that is where I would be.

Kathleen....have a wonderful Birthday!! Better keep an eye on that email!

Awwww, Carol....a cute little bunny???? http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2009/51170-bunnies.jpg I guess we could send Ray after it...http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/character00110.gif

Howard...that red flower (?) is amazing!!

Kathy that is sweet!! Sounds like you are doing a great job with your tiny terrorists!! Reminds me of how proud I get with Bubba....whenever he sees one of those jars, that say a child needs some kind of medical help, or a Ronald McDonalds House donation box...he puts something in. Totally blows my mind...no one ever told he to...he just does it.

idylbrush
05-29-2009, 05:17 AM
It has been one of those evenings. Up at 2 AM and I don't seem to be able get back to sleep. At this point I don't want to take any medication for fear of oversleeping.

I need to get the studio cleaned up over the weekend. I have a photographer friend coming over next week to help me set up my camera and lighting system to be compatible with each other. I have not been very happy with the recent photographs and she thinks she can help me. It will require a lot of effort on my part to get things in order. So the next few days are going to be busy. I wish there was some way I could expand my space a little bit but with the way the house is laid out on the property that is not possible.

I got my commission piece packed up and shipped two days ago and it should be arriving in Ohio today. They gave me a color palette to work with and I'm hoping that everything will be in order. I got a note yesterday from the wife and she wanted to know if I could do a gallery wrapped canvas and leave the frame off. A little bit late for that. The piece had already shipped the day before. These things should have been discussed weeks ago not the day after it was shipped. There's certain folks in my life that I find are very demanding and I have to protect myself from them and she is one of them. I find myself getting unusually forceful with her. She can sometimes be a bit ditzy as she thinks that everything can be changed on-the-fly when in reality things like paintings cannot. In this case it would've not only required taking the frame off but also starting all over again from Ground Zero. I don't know how people get by without understanding this kind of thing. I guess if you have enough money you think anything can happen.

The new desk light I have in the studio has proven to be quite interesting. It is an LED light and is very attractive design wise. I have found though it does have one issue. Whenever I turn it on there is one channel on the TV but I can not receive until I turned the light off. Makes me wonder if there is not some sort of radio frequency transmission that is interfering with TV reception. Very strange!

objectivistartist
05-29-2009, 09:02 AM
At least it doesn't start the shower...:eek::lol::lol:

*dee*
05-29-2009, 10:12 AM
G'mornin' y'all! :wave:

It looks like its gonna be a gorgeous day! I'm planning on painting on my front porch again...GeeWop likes that because she gets to spend the day outside. She rarely WANTS to go outside by herself, much prefers to be my shadow. :D

I need some breakfast, but nothing here strikes my fancy. :rolleyes: What y'all got?

dances_with_oils
05-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Morning everyone! (afternoon and evening to the time zone folks)

Howard, I am so sorry to hear you have had a sleepless night. I hope you are able to cat-nap during the day so that you're not too over tired tonight to sleep.

I have to agree with you on people that just talk and don't do much brain engagement and thought filtering first. They can be so tiring to deal with.
One other kind of person is the one that assumes that if you are at home for any reason - kids, vacation, retired etc that your time is their time and they get snotty if they assumed you are sitting around doing nothing to later discover you are not at their beck and call. I have one neighbour who I feel thinks that because I take leave that I'm doing nothing and therefore, should be free to drive her around. Gets offended when I say I have things to do... like hello.... see this drill? I'm building a deck! Ah well...

I learned a neat trick from a greens keeper for helping soil stay moist for a bit after the rain. He suggested that I scatter my coffee grinds over the garden and lawn. The grounds absorb moisture and slowly dry out thereby keeping the soil moist. Most coffee shops will save their grounds for you if you ask -if you're not a big coffee drinker. (apparently it also helps to keep some of the veggie munching critters away too)

Happy birthday Kathleen!

I had a meeting with our local arts council last night, it is refreshing to hear that a city actually want to promote the arts instead of relegating it to the back of the line. We're having a art studio tour this month and a few art in the park events. The city also has dropped the vendor fee for our market as they want to attract a variety of vendors - artists, food, etc. So hopefully that will give a boost to the market as it has been quite sad lately with what has been offered.

Lady Carol
05-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Kathleen

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Dec-2008/33616-37258-61349-arg-happy-birthday-dancin.gif

susme48
05-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

Howard....sorry you are having trouble with an Ohioan...There are some strange people up there, even if it was my birthplace!! That is kind of odd about the light!

Morning Dee...as soon as the coffee is ready I will be making oatmeal and scrambled egg and cheese wraps...help yourself!

Hoping that Kathleen has a....440199
and that all her wishes come true!!440198 Love ya kid!!

Back later!

AMuse
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Happy Birthday Kathleen

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/mapleleafgrl/thanks-greetings-birthday/birthd_009.gif

Raymo
05-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Who the heck is Kathleen ???

OkeeKat
05-29-2009, 04:01 PM
HELLO ALL.
sorry been busy today with laundry and straightening up my office computer area.
Doing a workshop this weekend online so having to put my easel in the office and palatte on my desk. no internet in the dining room or can reach that far for my laptop.
Hope all are well.
:clap: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHLEEN!!!:clap:
hope you are having a great day doing the things you love with those you love!!!:heart:

Cya all later!!

noodle1
05-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi Everyone,

Quick run through, me too Kathie, been cleaning all day now cooking a pork roast...got company coming.

:music: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHLEEN:music: Enjoy!

Hope everyone else had a good day, sorry didn't get to read but will.
Just wanted to add my wishes for Kathleen's day!

Catch ya later,
Elaine

bairam
05-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi all....you know who you are.

I've had a very busy week so haven't been around much. I do keep up with you all by reading the posts. Happy Anniversary Ron and Teenie, Ruthie & Rob. Happy Birthday Kathleen and Me.

Howard your garden is way ahead of mine and we planted in April. You must live in a warmer climate than we do.
Glad to hear you won't need to see Drs. for a while. I suffer from loss of sleep myself. Find myself up at all hours of the night. Try to catch a nap during the day.

this had been a very busy week and it's not over yet. Have a granduation on Sat., my GD Alex and a wedding on Sunday, nephew.

Not much time for painting this week. Did finish my Asian Lily however.

Nice pen and ink drawing Robert. You must be a very patient man. Can't wait to see it finished.

Til next week. Bye all and have a great week-end.

*dee*
05-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi all! :wave:

Taking a break from painting, this portrait is giving me fits. :evil: But I think, hopefully, I'm getting the issues straightened out. *keeping fingers crossed*

AMuse
05-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Good afternoon folks.

I'm back from the volunteer appreciation tea and hubby is taking us out for dinner tonight! Woot!

idylbrush
05-29-2009, 07:37 PM
New stuff for the garden.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/36241-blkeyedsusan.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/36241-yellowbudspinkflowers.jpg

~~Kathleen
05-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I have about 2 1/2 seconds here, so here goes....
Thank-you for all the Birthday wishes, both private & here.
Those of you that mailed me, expect a reply later on tonight when I return from the movie!
(Hot date with my Favorite six year old :heart:)
Am heading out for dinner with friends and family, so will reply properly later.
((Hugs)) all.:music::music::music:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA!
I am just 10 years behind you, and I am loving it.
Thanks for paving the way:thumbsup:
~~Kathleen

PattiLou
05-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Dang it, I just typed a message and lost it!!!

Happy Birthday Maria and Kathleen.

Happy Anniversary Ruthie.

We are in Salt Lake City now where we will stay for a week. I get to dig up some ancestors.... at the genealogy library.:lol: Get to spend some time with the book mites and getting blurry eyed looking at microfilm. Aren't hobbies fun??? Have to make the most of my time while we are here.

Looks like a stom might be brewing outside, getting darker and windy. Was a nice day to drive though.

Well, Jon is hinting at eating, so I better go cook, lol. See ya later.

Bright Eyes
05-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Well I decided to go blonde. So I did the whole do it your self from the grocery store bleach kit. Holy Cropola my hair went almost see through:eek: So I had to go buy some more dye and dyed it a tad bit darker. Anyways here are the results, just for in case any of you might be wandering around Wasilla you'll be able to recognize me:thumbsup:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/139098-new-hair-2.jpg

Other than that everything has been pretty uneventful. So I'm going to go back to cleaning my house.

noodle1
05-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh am I glad I just had to take a quick peek while everyone still eating ...lol
Holy Cow Kim...pretty neat with dem baby blues. I think I like it....lol when I do something like that it takes me a few days to decide so pay no attention to me..hahaha You did a great job!! Sexy thang you..:wink2:
Got mine highlighted the other day...must be something in the air...:lol:

and Maria, I'll be honest I said it the other day to you so I kind of forgot, I apologize, yesterday right? well....:music: Happy Birthday yesterday:music: :(

Okay everyone asking where I went...:lol: I said to the loo..:D Gotta go, back to the dining room that is...hahaha

Hugs,
Elaine

idylbrush
05-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Just got cool enough for me to go do a quick walk through the garden.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/36241-banana.jpg
Banana doing well and growing with some pups all around as well.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/36241-CIMG4153.jpg
Figs are growing
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/36241-coneflower.jpg
Purple cone flower
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/36241-firebush.jpg
First Firebush flowers
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/36241-mellon.jpg
Wow, did this ever grow overnight.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/36241-redrose.jpg
Need I say it?

Raymo
05-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Wow, the blonde hair really makes you look different....

Kim-------->:evil:

Raymo
05-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Oh gawd, sometimes I just have too much fun....:lol:

It doesnt take much to entertain me.

Noodles--------> dork :eek:

AMuse
05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
somebody give Raymo a smack....

Bright Eyes
05-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks Elaine! I'm still getting used to it. Frank woke up last night and almost had a hear attack when you looked over and saw a me, he forgot for a moment that I dyed my hair and couldn't figure out who was in the bed:lol:
So, do we get to see a pic of your new do? I know :evil: (commonly known as Ray) wants to see it:)

Howard the garden is looking great! I used to have some indoor dwarf banana trees. They where like bushes because of all the shoots they where growing from the bottom. Lovely plants until my twins started walking. They absolulty love bananas. Unfortunantly the leaves on the banana trees smell like bananas when you break them. The twins ripped those plants to shreds, but at least it made the kitchen smell nice:smug:

Raymo
05-29-2009, 09:42 PM
somebody give Raymo a smack....

Hey wait a minute....I can get a pic of Kathy off her

web page. I'll brb.....:lol:

Bright Eyes
05-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Wow, the blonde hair really makes you look different....

Kim-------->:evil:
Good god man! We cross posted! That is worse than the nasty bug eyed picture you used to have for your profile pic! Maybe I should have stayed with the highlights instead:rolleyes:

Raymo
05-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Good god man! We cross posted! That is worse than the nasty bug eyed picture you used to have for your profile pic! Maybe I should have stayed with the highlights instead:rolleyes:

:lol:....I was laffin the entire time I was creating " CyKlops Kim "

biddlebeach
05-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks for that laugh Ray.
I needed that tonight.
Just got back from the freakin' Artist reception..
they took one of my paintings out of the frame to photograph, and when they put it back,, I don't know what the hell they did, but it is all warped! argh!!!I brought it home to try to fix..
and I tell ya, I do not fit in with those people~!

objectivistartist
05-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Well, been a week - had my b'day tuesday [am now 64:eek:] and so not get as much on that rendering as would had liked, tho there's still the weekend, and two[!!] fresh pens to use :evil::D... saw the Pixar movie "UP" today - great movie, for those who like animated works, and not at all what might be expected from the ads given... am having partials fitted, consequence to getting dental clearance for the upcoming hip replacement op [first left, then when healed, the right, so in a year, be like a new man, bionic even :D [and loads less than for $6mill - :lol:, even if not able to run 60mph :rolleyes:]], tho still not expect to be dancing like Don Ameche in Cocoon :rolleyes:, but, just maybe, close to those on Dancing with the Stars, as used to do such eons ago...:D

Raymo
05-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Just got back from the freakin' Artist reception..
they took one of my paintings out of the frame to photograph, and when they put it back,, I don't know what the hell they did, but it is all warped! argh!!!I brought it home to try to fix..
and I tell ya, I do not fit in with those people~!

Awww, you want, i'll beat em up for you.

GroupGrope....errr hug for Mary....:grouphug:

Happy Birthday to Robert and Kathleen !!!

AMuse
05-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Woot!!!

I'm so happy... the deal seems to have fallen through with my erstwhile buyer post NY show.... but I have someone really really keen on my orchid painting from the DS challenge Elaine hosted. So keen that she is trying to send me a deposit to hold her "place in line" if I want to show it. LOL Her idea of a deposit is the full price of the painting! I love buyers like that!

PattiLou
05-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Got the hungry man fed, now I'm back, lol.

:music: Happy belated birthday Robert. :music: You do know I can't sing a note?

Teehee... Kim you really do look different. Hope your hubby recovered. I have natural highlights, lol... 'Mother Nature Gray'.

Oooh, Ray, one minute you are nice, next minute you are being naughty again. You need another bonk.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/125378-anvil.gif

Lady Carol
05-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi Kim :wave:

Lady Carol
05-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Happy Birthday, Robert. You really 64 years young?

RPut
05-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi Everyone--haven't read up on all your antics today, so just sending a big hug and a "wave" to all!
Today was beach day!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/117502-Clearwater_Beach_1.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2009/117502-IMG_4707.JPG
And then a WONDERFUL dinner at Jimmy's Fish House on the beach. I had parmesean snapper and Rob and Robbie had stuffed lobster. (Julie went off with her cousin for the evening.) It was sunset and a beautiful scene. Had Robbie take a picture and then gave hubby a kiss and wished him Happy Anniversary and sure got a surprised look! I KNEW he forgot----again!
One more day and then home on Sunday.
Oh, and uh, ummmm, I have a really good sunburn from yesterday. Tried to stay under the umbrella today, now my feet are burned....

susme48
05-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi all...this has been a wonderful day....NOT. Semi productive...but not good!

The time has come...the "honeymoon is over". :crying: The other trucking company signed the papers and Bob's job is no more. He has one more week, and next Monday he is either going with the other company for about 66% of his current salary...or file for unemployment while he looks for something else...which would probably be about the same amount. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/minzdr.gif

He also went to the hospital yesterday (in Oswego, NY), for some swelling on his arm and itching...he had to go back today also...they had to give him IV antibotics, as well as pills. http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/sick0018.gif Somehow the dearheart has cellulitis in his arm. Started with a sore elbow and alot of itching and then the pain. He is one of those people that has an almost 0 paint threshold...thru' 3 heart attacks, kidney stones, a burst apendix, etc...the most he ever would say on a scale of 1-10 was a 4. This he said was a 7 and had occasional stabbing pains that went up to a 15. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/m109.gif

They are more concerned because he has diabetes...more than the heart problems. I am just worried. All this I find out about 11 am...so since then I have rearranged the living room (to make room for a set of shelves 4'x4' and 2 feet deep), vaccuumed, moved a giant chest of drawers into my room, and traded my clothes out so I can give Bubba mine...and put his bureau in my closet. Moved the rugs and also put the blanket chest in my room...at the foot of the bed, put all the frames up in my office that mom and dad gave me, took Bubba for his ride, mowed about 1/4 of the front yard (about an acre or so), fixed 'dinner', took a shower, and here I am...:lol: I guess this was just the right amount of stress to bring out the work bug. Normally I sleep to hide, or eat...

Hey Ray...even tho' it was probably all water weight...with the mowing on Wed. and today, the shopping yesterday, and the furniture moving...I lost 5 lbs!! Now if I only had 20 to lose, instead of <mumble, not saying how much...no way...uh uh, mumble> :o

I also decided to paint two of my owls...they are cartoonish, and the rest of my collection is realistic...they can't look any worse! :)

Lordy...three pages to go thru'...y'all been busy today!!

Maria....I feel like such a dunce to forget, after we talked about it earlier
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/gen152.gif
I hope you had a wonderful Birthday!! 440263

Kathy...hope your dinner was/is wonderful!

Happy anniversary Ruthie...and you too Ray!!

WOW, Kim...looking good!! That's about the shade I try for. Harder now, since there is alot of gray to cover...and it goes lighter...sigh!

Hey Ray??? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-073.gif http://www.pic4ever.com/images/vahidrk1.gif

Oh, Mary...that sux!!

Robert...you too??? One big crowd of Gemini's in here...:lol: 440264

Kathy...that is so great!!!! Woo hoo for you!!!

Well alot of Happy days here....440262

Bright Eyes
05-30-2009, 02:03 AM
WOW, Kim...looking good!! That's about the shade I try for. Harder now, since there is alot of gray to cover...and it goes lighter...sigh!

You talking about the picture Ray did?:D I'm thinking my new color gives folks the wrong impression:rolleyes: The initial bleaching left my hair almost see through! I had to put on a darker blonde dye to get it the color it is now (in the picture). My natural color is a greyish brown color so it bleaches out pretty quick.

Robert your birthday was on Tuesday and you didn't say anything! Happy late birthday to you!

biddlebeach
05-30-2009, 02:43 AM
Happy burfday Robert!! teehee, (mine was on Sunday)
yes, there is a bunch of us Gemini's here!
again, I went to bed at 11:30 and here I am,, sigh.

susme48
05-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Mary....merry birthday to you to, fellow Gemini!! Let me see....that's Maria, Robert, Kathleen, Mary, me....feel like there is someone I am forgetting....dang...I hate senior moments! Elaine's grandkids birthdays?? I think Monica was too early in May to be a gemini...hmmm....still feels like I am missing someone....maybe because of the anniversaries too? Actually have one of those coming up too. Nice to at least have two things separate from Christmas....all the other birthdays, except 3, are at Christmas, plus an aniversary. December is an expensive month! Glad I already got an anniversary present for Bob...not much...but something anyway!

I went to bed then too, Mary...guess we are both up, huh?

Kim, why the wrong impression? Nothing wrong with being blonde. I figure I was born that way...and it stayed dark blonde till college when I started messing with the color. I call it mousy brown...the hairdressers say it is still considered blonde...just very dark (and mousy :)) The sad part is the gray came in in clumps instead of salt and pepper....when it is its natural color, if it is short, I look like a cheetah or leopard...sigh! Of course this way I can tell my children...this spot is from when you....and this one from the time that....etc. :lol:

Sometimes I wish I still drank and smoked....:lol: tonight feels like one of those nights! Just to add to my non-existant stress levels, I found a lump today as well...and not from moving furniture. I sure wish we could go back to being bored!!

Bright Eyes
05-30-2009, 04:06 AM
Kim, why the wrong impression? Nothing wrong with being blonde.

I meant more by the "different look" from :evil: (also known as Ray).

I hope things get a little more boring for you:grouphug: You keep up with all this stress and your hair is going to be naturally white all on its own! If I where close by I'd send you a nice cup of spiced tea:smug: Get that lump checked out. It could be something minor. Might as well get it taken care of now instead of adding to the stress of "what if". Have a good night Susan:wave:

noodle1
05-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Oh I'm battin' a thousand here...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ROBERTwe're the same age for a few months, not old at all, it's when wisdom sets in...hahahaha...busy month for some people..long time ago..LOL

Well okay coffee, cinnamon raisin buns, bagels, juice and pretty much anything else ya might want, but ya gotta help yourselves.

Mary they must have twisted it taking it out, oh sooo sorry that sucks.
And well not fitting "with those people" that is a almost a given at times with some groups, was involved at one time and will never be involved again...LOL I'm sorry kiddo. And Mary.....oh my gosh HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY I need to make a list
cause I'm soooo bad at remembering, even my own....LOL

Sue that's terrible bout Bob! Both the swelling and the job. Get that lump checked out, it may be nothing but finding out asap is a good thing. Hugs sweetie!

Kim...ahem in my younger days..hahaha I'd change my hair color every other week, and then when my daughter became a hair designer and color was her expertise well ya can do anything when it's free...:lol: I remember one time I did my own..haha and it turned out kind of pinkish...lol lol well had a sports car rally that day so I dressed to match, headband an all. Oh my gosh hair days. Even did extensions...LOL oh I was bad at "hair" changes.
Now I'm just boring..haha And surprised I have any hair left...:D
No pixs, not that interesting...haha Funny bout hubby, mine use to just make faces. :wink2:

Ruthie great photos, ah the beach!

Good Morning to everyone else, you know who you are..haha
Hope you have a great day, going to take Devon shopping for a belated birthday present and if I've still missed anyone's anniversary, birthday I am sorry. This is a packed month..haha

Will catch ya all later.
Hugs all round,
Elaine

OkeeKat
05-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Good Morning all!!:wave:
Happy Birthday Robert!! Hope all goes well with the dental work, keep us informed when the hips being done. That does take time and therapy too. how long they say you be laid up in the hosp/rehab? Hope you can get online on your laptop during that time.
Kim, Love the color, it realy goes great with your eyes!
Ray.../SMACK on the back of the head... Gibbs style!!:lol:
Ruthie, get some Blue Lizard sunscreen, that wont wear off like the others do and realy works great, dont know your wearing it. Glad to hear you all are having a good time. Poor Rob, I'm sure he realy feels bad now about forgetting. MEN!! What can ya do?? hmm:smug:
Susan, (((HUGS))) Boy you surely have been a busy bee, Sorry to hear about Bobs job and his arm. sending well wishes for him and prayers things get boring again!
Elaine, thanks for the cinnamon buns but only having one.. on a diet.. yup lost a few more! Walking seems to help.
Mary, omg thats terrible, How can people be so stupid to just leave the painting all warped!! You would think they realize it wasnt in the frame right and fix it!! URGH!!:mad: I'd be so frustrated too!! Hope you can fix it!! ((HUGS))
Kathy, congrats on the sale. glad it worked out!
Carol. Hiya!!
Howard, Great photos, man is that melon growing!! Betcha its gona taste sooo good!!

OHhh... my Poor Old Man, Vinnie(the maltese...15yrs old approx). He's had a few episodes, one last week as we were getting ready to walk out the door to go camping and then tuesday night and just yesterday afternoon.. seems when he gets very excited and hopping up and down(usualy just the front legs) then all of a sudden he slowly falls over on is left side, legs out with legs shaking, head extended lasting a few moments, the last two times his bladder leaked some and he let out a yell of pain while his neck was stretching and back trying to arch.
I believe and the Dr thinks it might be seizures or just his heart couldnt get enuf oxygen and passed out, but with the shaking legs and stiffened body and bladder losss its more like a seizure, but has not happened yet when his is at rest only when he is excited, like going for a ride or going outside and the last time when I got home from errands yesterday. Vet wants me to call on monday and see how hes done over the weekend and watch if it happens when at rest then its more like epilepsy but otherwise might just need to supplement his heart meds... seems like the end is getting nearer../sigh. I know its gona happend and ready for it, but if he's doing fine otherwise and no illeffects so far from it... but once its more often and if it causes him pain each time. then thats the time to go. taking one day at a time.
We thought when he couldnt walk good 3/07 the end was near so we adopted Piper.... we its been over 2 yrs, the pup gave him alot more time.
we will see.

Hope everyone else is doing well, Sorry if I missed ya individualy, sending hugs to you all.
Going to be very busy today doing an online workshop with Dave the painting guy! will be both today and tomorrow 6 hrs. I'm so excited.:D
Will check back in later this eve.
:wave:

Lady Carol
05-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Just a quick pop in. Off to ride. BBL. Behave y'all.

objectivistartist
05-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Well, am told that today, ye out of the hospital in a day and therapy for following two weeks or less [depending on how fast ye heal] - so we'll see ... as for being online, prob not - the friend's place planning on staying not have DSL [so if can hack it on my own in a week, even if therapy still goes on, planning to - and finish that at home, among my books and pc and art]...

AMuse
05-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Good Morning all!

Happy Weekend!

The girls are already outside playing. only four more weeks of school. New set of pendants are sitting with the glue setting on the bails... and I'm thinking that I might just get myself another cup of coffee while the house is quiet. :)

bairam
05-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Good luck Robert and heal quickly.

Susan get that lump checked out. It's always better to know than be scared. I went through it and came out the other side.

susme48
05-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

Thanks, Kim!! Drank raspberry tea last night to 'soothe' me...supposed to be good for my body type. Will get it checked out...probably just a cyst...just one of those things where i did not need anything more!

Elaine...Bob wants to know if you saw him wave when he went by? he said it was only a couple hundred miles from you...:lol: Thanks for the hugs!! I can just about see you with pink hair!

He said to say howdy to all of you...I think he feels like he knows you all, as much as I talk about you, and read posts to him...:)

Kathy, have fun with your painting lesson!!

Carol, I hope your ride is enjoyable. I got permission to pet the horses and burros at the end of our road instead of or plus take photos...they are such dolls, tho' the colt is skitish! The stallion, is very gentle, but very dominant...if I tried to pet one of the others, he would push them away and lay his head against my chest. I took that as a subltle hint that he wanted my attention all for himself. Also found out the guy who owns them...and many many more is a horse trader...hmmmmm...she is wondering??

If I work up enough nerve, I'm gonna ask him if he needs help with keeping them ridden...he has a guy that breaks them...but hard for two people to ride 20-30 horses. I have about 4 hrs free a day when Debbie is here. Now all I need is the nerve...:lol:

It is amazing how fast they get you up and going Robert! Faster than my dad wanted with his knee...:lol: he did some of his therapy...but it ended the day he punched his therapist...so he never quite got it back to 100%...:o Silly old grouch!

Kathy enjoy the coffee and quiet...there is never enough of it!

Maria...I will...have had them in other places before...3 times...and was fortunate...this one was hidiing elsewhere, and surprised me. But I will get it checked.

Bubba must be dreaming about running...he is lying on my couch snoring away, and his legs are moving like he is running...tickles me!!

I think I used all that stress energy yesterday...:lol: have no desire to do anything but veg today. Maybe paint my owls.

biddlebeach
05-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Kathie, so sorry to hear that about Vinnie
having the same trouble here with my Munchie. she is almost 17 .. we also know it is coming up on that time to make that decision,, and I will tell ya what, I am NOT doing this again. it is just too hard!

Lady Carol
05-30-2009, 02:36 PM
:lol: about Bubba dreaming.

The ride was good except I got a rub (won't say where) yesterday from my new jeans and it was a major owie today. I rode in different jeans and they seemed to be better than the other ones but had to cut the ride short as it still hurt. Bathed and hand grazed him while he dried.

Off to BJs.

Susan that is cool about the horse farm at the end of the road. Hope you can help out in some way. Next time you visit the horses remember the carrots :D

idylbrush
05-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Today I seem to have the energy of a slug. I can barely get 1 foot in front of the other. I think I may have overdone it yesterday with having lunch claiming the studio and trying to get a few things in order with the hospital. My strength just hasn't returned yet.

Up this morning at five, about 830 headed off to the farmers market. The farmers market near the house apparently does not operate at this time of year and ended up going downtown to the Farmer's market downtown. It's right near whole foods and Sur la Table. So of course I had to stop in there. Picked up some whole wheat pasta and some rice crackers at whole foods. Get a bunch of gazing at the kitchen store, did find something I like but decided not to buy it.

Came home had lunch and then I decided to make a tuna macaroni salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and olives. It's a childhood memory thing.

Still have two plans to get in the ground but decided to wait until the sun starts to go down. If I go out now it's too hot and with the current medications I'm on I burn to easily so dusk is a better option.

I made some blackout curtains for the studio today for when I'm doing photo work. I also have been looking at some fluorescent photographic studio lights. They use a lot less energy, have been adjusted for daylight, and then generate as much heat. Sounds pretty ideal to me while my photographs are generally fairly good I would like them to be just a tiny bit better. Part of it may be in the lenses that I have for my camera I may need to get something different. It always changes.

It's only two o'clock here in the afternoon, I might rest for a few minutes and then bake some chocolate chip cookies. I'd like to find a recipe for good old-fashioned sugar cookie.

Picked up a bunch of cucumbers at the Farmer's market today. I've been slicing them and putting them in vinegar water. It's great on salads. I do want to learn how to make Greek cucumber and yogurt sauce. It can be fairly good on just about anything.

Yesterday I went to a wonderful Greek restaurant and actually ate a sandwich, the whole thing. Something I don't do very often these days. Was actually very good and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank goodness it didn't come with fries or anything like that it was just a sandwich. Just right!

susme48
05-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Well, I painted my owls, put them up in WOYE...even tho' they did not fit...:) They look better than they did anyway.

Dogs, or any pet, aging is a time for tough decisions. No fun!!

Carol...sorry about the chafe. Have a whole bag of carrots that are gonna ride in the car. :D felt bad yesterday...they kept checking my hands...I did pick some type of grass from the other side of the fence they were trying to reach. Had to do something nice. :)

Howard...sounds like you had an interesting day so far, even if you did have to force yourself some. Should go to one of our farmer's markets, or the stand/store up the road...they have yummy veggies. Always forget...sigh!

Hope everyone is having a good day. I am off to try and glue some drawers, and change Bubba's room...if I time it right...Bob will be home in time for the heavy work...:angel:

Later all!!

*dee*
05-30-2009, 05:53 PM

And...before I forget, again :rolleyes:...Happy Anniversary & Happy Birthday to those who who are celebrating those occasions! (And Susan, I'm a Gemini as well, just barely. I'll be 54 on the 20th.)

Well, better get to painting. I want to get the one I'm working on finished...looks like I may be getting another commissioned portrait after this one. :clap:

susme48
05-30-2009, 06:02 PM
No wonder we are such a fun group...with all these twins/alter egos running around, there are more of us than we thought...:)

Way to go Dee!!!

PattiLou
05-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Back from the genealogy library and relaxing before someone wants supper, lol. Not a very productive day, but quiet. The library was mostly empty and usually you almost have to fight for a seat.

Susan you make me tired just listening to what you did. Take a break! You must have been thinking of my gemini birthdays... my niece, sis-in-law, daughter and grandson. We have a busy May.

Sorry you got sunburned Ruthie. Hope you are having a good time though. Ain't it just like the men to forget dates? :lol: Except Ray... someone must have reminded him.:evil:

Raymo
05-30-2009, 08:00 PM
:lol: Except Ray... someone must have reminded him.:evil:

Oh huh. I never forget. It was fun listening to Teena tell me about the other gals different presents that they got for their anniversaries. One gal said she got pots and pans and this other gal said "oh that's nothing, I got a set of tires this year". It was funny.

Speaking of so many Gemini's.....anyone care to ponder what sign I was born under :evil: (oh boy, that really leaves me open to some abuse:lol:)

PattiLou
05-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Well Ray, I got a compound miter saw for my birthday one time, lol. Good thing too, cause I requested it.:D

Raymo
05-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Well Ray, I got a compound miter saw for my birthday one time, lol. Good thing too, cause I requested it.:D

Now see, that's my kinda woman....:lol:

Do you have a tool belt ?

idylbrush
05-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Speaking of so many Gemini's.....anyone care to ponder what sign I was born under :evil: (oh boy, that really leaves me open to some abuse:lol:)

Caution Sign?

Raymo
05-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Caution Sign?

Haha....:lol:....keep em coming !

susme48
05-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Yield sign??? (from Bob) A "where's your sign" sign?? (me) Bubba says an "all gone" sign. :angel:

biddlebeach
05-30-2009, 09:49 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! sign.. LOL

biddlebeach
05-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Here is my painting. doesn't look like much here, but It really pi55555ed me off.. and here is my entry in the program,, woot!

oh, and the last one is just because,,LOL

idylbrush
05-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Got to work in the garden this evening. Spread a bit more mulch, weeded a bit and planted the new plants. These have to be the last of the season. The heat is getting to be a bit much I fear. Could use a bit more rain it seems but it isn't out there right now.

Spent most of the afternoon researching fluorescent studio photographic lights, they seem to be rather intriguing. Each one uses three compact fluorescent tubes that have been color balance for photography, especially digital photography. I'm really quite anxious to see how they work. I may just have to order some tomorrow. The price is also quite reasonable.

AMuse
05-30-2009, 11:14 PM
YAY Dee! you go girl

Ray... I'm thinking a DANGER sign!

and I was poking around in the garden tonight after getting some water on the beds (the winds have been awful and drying everything out!) and we have sunflowers poking their heads out! as well as lettuce in my big lettuce bowl! (I planted all my lettuce in a big planter this year.) so things are coming. The Lilacs are starting to open and the cherry blossoms have started to open too... I'm so happy. :)

*dee*
05-30-2009, 11:26 PM
anyone care to ponder what sign I was born under :evil:
Leo!?

I ended up spending the evening with my grandsons, watching movies & eating take-out...didn't do a bit of painting. :rolleyes:

AMuse
05-30-2009, 11:33 PM
So after selling that painting yesterday (and plunking the money directly into my account) today hubby suggested that we go get the camera I've been wanting.

I wanted a small, light, camera that I could take in purse with my anywhere. I love my Canon, but it is heavy and takes up a lot of space in my purse. This one is a Fuji Finepix J20 10 megapixels and a reasonable lens.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-May-2009/104029-ladybug.jpg

it has a very nice macro feature (you can see my shadow on the shell! LOL)

and it takes the same battery that my daughters camera does - so we can swap. I might order another one to have as a back up.

Raymo
05-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Leo!?

Ding ding ding....give that lady a prize !

The rest of you are an incorrigible bunch of yahoo's....

Haha, Bubba came up with a purdy good one....:lol:.....

dances_with_oils
05-31-2009, 03:52 AM
Wow, what a busy day everyone had!

Happy birthday to the birthday kids...
Susan, you really need to slow down to a gallop. I hope the lump is nothing to be worried about and Bob feels better soon.
Kathy, that picture is so cute! I'm on the lookout for a new camera so I'll be interested in your reports.
Way to go Mary! Sorry about the damaged piece. Hope it can be fixed.
Whoohoo for Dee and the next commission.. WTG!

I spent the day doing the patio with hubby and our friend who is visiting fora few days. I'm kind of sad as he's heading out west next month so it'll be a long time before we see him again. :( We did the patio in 24x24 slabs that I painted with concrete paint to look like slate. But of course, I was just about to put the sealer on it and it poured. We quickly got the tarp over it so hopefully I can get the sealer down tomorrow.

I took a break mid day to attend a fellow artist's book launch and it was wonderful to see the support. I'm so happy for her. I even got a signed copy for my grandkids... it's a children's book.

I finished the portrait and thanks to all that commented and gave suggestions. The client loves it and I've had 3 referrals from him.

Howard, I do hope you are feeling better soon, your garden is just fabulous.

Kim, your hair looks great! In the YT we used to joke that the hairdressers up there had two hair dyes... black and blacker. No matter what you asked for, when the hairdresser was finished you had black hair.

Ray, hope you had a great anniversary as did Ruth. My anniverary was on the 23rd - it's one of our nine anniversaries we celebrate each year. Hubby is a mushball when it comes to that... he remembers the date we met, the date he asked me to marry him, the actual wedding date, the date we renewed our vows etc ... I think he just uses them all as an excuse to buy flowers... which is sweet.