PDA

View Full Version : LAST CHANCE for name on IAPS/WC list

PeggyB
05-23-2009, 05:04 PM
I thought I'd make an obvious reminder to anyone who'd like to have their name on the list of WC members who will attend the WC social on Friday from 5 - 7-ish. This list contains the cell phone numbers of several participants, but not all of them. It will also be a reminder to everyone of whom we may expect to meet. If you bring it to the social, you will have one handy place to exchange home addresses or anything else you may want to exchange on an individual basis. If you haven't sent me a PM rsvp, or want to add your cell phone # please do so before Monday evening - 6 pm Pacific daylight time.

All WC members and their roommates who may or may not be members are invited. Paula Ford and her roomie, Donna Aldridge, and my roomie, Paula Wilson and I are hosting this event in our rooms - across the hall for one another as side by side rooms weren't available. If you'd like to and can easily bring something to share it will be welcome, but we all know grocery shopping isn't going to be high priority or even possible for many attendees so don't let that stop you from joining in on the fun. Last time there was more to eat and drink than could be used at the party. You may get the room numbers by calling me (number will be on the list) or leaving a message on my room phone if I'm not in. Both Paulas, Donna, David Patterson, Dot & Ken Hoffman, and Deborah Secor will all have the room numbers so if you see any of them you may also ask, "Where's the WC social?"

There will be suprise guests and door prizes this time! :clap: So be there or be left out. :)

If you have any last minute questions, send a pm to me before Monday evening as I leave early Tues morning and won't be looking at a computer again until I get home.

Peggy

Paula Ford
05-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Peggy, How many have RSVP'd so far?

PeggyB
05-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Peggy, How many have RSVP'd so far?

Well Paula, at last count there's about 35 known participants including spouses and room mates. There may be some more who bring someone we're not aware of but I'm sure that's ok. We may have overflowing rooms but people usually arrive in groups and somehow they all fit. Then there are the "suprise guests".... :D and you already read about my other suprise: door prizes!!! :clap: and they're pretty darned nice too so ya'll come by to learn what they are. Each official WC member will get one door prize ticket so be certain to wear your WC sticker on your IAPS badge.

Peggy

artist_pw
05-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Hi:

I think there are business centers at both hotels in case any one my need internet access in a pinch - just thought I'd mention it. Hope this helps.

MChesleyJohnson
05-24-2009, 06:47 AM
WC sticker? How do I get one?

I'm outta here. Leaving this morning for the Manchester NH airport, which is 8 hours away. Spending the night in Manchester and flying out in the a.m. I'll be in Albuquerque by lunchtime! :)

PeggyB
05-24-2009, 01:46 PM
WC sticker? How do I get one?

I'm outta here. Leaving this morning for the Manchester NH airport, which is 8 hours away. Spending the night in Manchester and flying out in the a.m. I'll be in Albuquerque by lunchtime! :)

Michael I'm guessing you have internet access. The WC stickers will be available from Deborah Secor (she says she'll be at the PJ booth most of Friday), David Patterson (he'll be roaming all over the place looking for familiar names if I correctly recall from last time! - don't expect to see Bluefish, David -:lol: ) or me. I'll be in Jimmy Wright's workshop on Thursday, but arrive in ABQ Tues about noon. I have plans for Tues & Wed, but you can always reach me on my cell phone - number to be on the WC list you'll get in the WC pm Monday evening. These stickers are to be placed on your IAPS identification badge - lower corner - don't think a side has been indicated. David made them a bit larger than last time so they are easy to spot. Thanks David! :thumbsup:

Peggy

PeggyB
05-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi:

I think there are business centers at both hotels in case any one my need internet access in a pinch - just thought I'd mention it. Hope this helps.

Thanks Paula. Anyone arriving in ABQ before they get the WC name list I'm sending Monday evening can get it that way. The list is growing!!! :clap:

Peggy

Dot Hoffman
05-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone!!! Ken took the "truck" (aka SUV) and cleaned it out so he's good to go on shuttling you to TJ's, Peggy. We'll be at the hotel about 11:30 a.m. Thursday and will look for everyone. Ken will be working the registration desk on Thursday afternoon.

Have a safe trip, everyone who's traveling :wave:

MChesleyJohnson
05-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Peggy. I'll be visiting in the PJ booth on Friday, too, so I'll try to get one from Deborah. I am now en route! And in a hotel waiting for my plane....

annette71
05-25-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks, Peggy. I'm already in Albuquerque having a nice pre-convention vacation...see you all next week!

Annette

Deborah Secor
05-26-2009, 01:36 AM
FYI to all of you who received Peggy's private phone list..my husband is DAN SECOR! Christensen is my maiden name, not his name... :lol:

Deborah

Kathryn Day
05-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Can't wait to see everyone! Dot, Deborah, Paula, David, Nana, etc., and meet those I have only "seen" on WC. All I have to do is get payroll done in the morning, then I am on the road to Albuquerque. See you all there!!!!

Paula Ford
05-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Can't wait to see you again Kathy!

MChesleyJohnson
05-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I am here! Just went up to Santa Fe today to see the OPA National Show before it leaves on the 31st. If any of you are around, I recommend it! Sage Creek Gallery at 200 Old Santa Fe Trail. (Read my blog entry today for my take on it.)

Donna A
05-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi, Everyone! I'm finishing packing and leave for Albuquerque in the morning! (Thursday!!!) Will see you all very soon! So exciting! Love and Hugs! Donna ;-}

Deborah Secor
05-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Why don't we start another thread devoted to the happenings at the 2009 IAPS show....? I'll go see if anyone else has started one. Over there ------------->

Can't wait!

:D

bnoonan
05-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Do I have to be present to win????:wave:

Barb