PDA

View Full Version : TREE POSTCARD EXCHANGE - spin-off from Trees/foliage class.

Pages : [1] 2 3

edtree
04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
:wave: Susan, that's a wonderful summery group of trees and I especially love the foliage colors on the main tree. It would for sure make a gorgeous painting! I hope you can find time to sneak this on your easel! :D

:wave: Hi Matthew! I can definitely see the influence of the Hudson Valley painters in this piece! The dappled light and shadow are very well done and your palette choices are perfect! It is truly a stunning painting! Thank you for thinking to post it here for all of us to enjoy! :D

The Ideas
Happy Monday tree painters! Well, since Elaine let it out of the bag that there might be an idea brewing, :lol: I may as well let you all in on it so you all can help with the planning. Not long ago there was a painting exchange in the Cafe...and I thought it might be awesome to do one here! Elaine and I hope to make these bigger though, perhaps 5" x 7" but your ideas and thoughts are welcome. First of all, are you interested?

Also, Elaine had yet another GREAT idea that the group might want to paint some flowering trees. :thumbsup: I wonder if we might combine these two ideas and do a flowering tree painting exchange. So there you go, the ideas are rough and no planning has been done. We would love your input! OK, over to all of you!

Elizabeth

noodle1
04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
I think I see a spanking coming right Elizabeth...:eek: aw well I guess I deserve it...:lol: :lol: I just couldn't resist, well actually didn't try real hard to :D

I know personally I couldn't think of anything better then to have something from my classmates to always remind me how much fun, and how much learning and sharing has been done in this class, I'm definitely in. All the aspects of size etc., can be worked out once there's input but those treasures from the cafe group who participated will be such forever. I'm in!

Hugs,
Elaine:heart:

susme48
04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Spring trees and winter trees, and fall, oh my!!

Hmmmm, and now Flowering Trees??? I like the 5x7 idea....or even 8x10. The idea of flowering ones, intimidate me just a bit...not totally sure I have leaves down pat yet...:o

But she says with a VERY deep breath....I'm in. Will we have some time to do this?

Matthew....this is absolutely stunning!!!!!

edtree
04-28-2009, 07:16 AM
:wave: Elaine - you are a scamp, but that's one of the reasons we adore you - you are forgiven - this time :lol: !!!

:wave: Susan - I'd really like this to be a no pressure event. We can make "flowering" optional and the due date as far out as the members feel comfortable with.

So, that's three of us "in" so far. YaY!:clap:

Elizabeth

noodle1
04-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Morning,

Yay Sue. Actually dear friend a good number of flowering trees when they first bloom have no leaves, it's all flowers. Some are mixed like apple trees etc., and the suggestion or hint of green can be fun to play with. Some have both but either way it's really just placement once again, following the flow of the branches and the type of tree. I thnk you'll be great at it, as will anyone else who chooses to give this a try.

I think too this could be kind of a fun way to give our expression a go. It doesn't in my thinking have to be a whole tree but can be, can be a design comp of sorts, still a tree. We can have fun picking portions and parts or doing the whole thing. You can give it a background that's specific or wash one in and just make it a study panel where the tree is the focus like all the botanicals that have been painted over the years, they have merit of their own.

I'm putting here just some examples of flowering trees or branches so you can see that all you're doing in some cases is replacing the "green" for a color to express the leaves, in this case the flowers.

Don't think we should use these to copy but an interpretation of them would be fine (mostly from garden layouts to purchase trees) if anyone chose to do so. Spring fling or summer bursts these could be fun to try.
Think about the mental library we're collecting in doing all the seasons and when we want to do a landscape and put in some trees, wow the choices we'd have because we've tried em all...LOL In a way swapping whatever kind of tree would be the end result of all our efforts, so I hope others will join in in that...Okay here's some to "look" at and I'm sure you have tons of flowering trees you could post too, this will be the library of trees...LOL

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2009/139027-1-Flowering-tree.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2009/139027-2-flowering-white-trees.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2009/139027-3flowering-orange-pink-tree.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2009/139027-4flowering-hot-pink-tree.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2009/139027-5-flowering-pink-tree.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2009/139027-6flowering-trees.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2009/139027-7flowering-white-tree-full.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Apr-2009/139027-8flowring-white-branch.jpg

Oh I'm just tryin' to temp you...:lol: :lol: all started with a tree right..:eek: :lol:

Okay I'm off to start my second tree finally have time to myself..haha

Have a great day, and hope you fall to the temptation..haha it's a good one tho. :angel:

Hugs,
Elaine :heart:

biddlebeach
04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
oh, oh,, I'm in!!!!
Elaine, those pictures are beautiful!!!
the flowering trees sound fun!
I like the idea of the trade too, I missed the first one and would love to take part !

Kathrin G.
04-28-2009, 03:24 PM
well, in general .......I would love to take part :)
But .......for starters I ain't painting long enough and for seconds I am living too far away from you all :o
so guess that means I am out :(
But I will try to see if I can paint a flowering tree anyway:thumbsup: looks like a fun challenge :)

PattiLou
04-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Grrr! Now I am ticked off... had a whole long thing written and it disappeared into thin air. :mad:

So... what I was trying to say... Here I thought I was finished with trees... I really do have one waiting to take a photo... just have to get in gear and do it. Been trimming trees (can I say that here?) all afternoon and taking a break. And now ya'll want more... and to top it off you want color added as in blossoms! Hoo boy, you are keeping me on my toes *grin*.

We are hitting the road for the summer on Friday and so I would need time to paint and mail. I can mail as long as we can find a post office. My own mail gets routed to my daughter who sorts it and keeps it for us (too bad we can't get her to pay the bills :rolleyes: ) So I guess if I joined the trade you could mail it directly to her. I would be interested as long as we had some time.

I guess I would need to know more about what to paint on (paper or canvas or?) and all the other details. Sounds like fun though. I will be watching for more information.

Charlie's Mum
04-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi all!
Elizabeth and Elaine - another good idea!

Kathrin, living over this side of the Pond shouldn't matter - as long as everyone understands that they may have to post their piece across the water!
We've done plenty of postcard exchanges over he years and they all work well, as long as those who say they will participate actually do, so there are no disappointments.
It's always a pleasure to have a painting from another artist we meet regularly in the forum.

I'd set a limit on size if I were you though - say no bigger than A5 - that's approx. 6" x 8.25 ish .... 21 x 29.5 cms ....... that would fit into a standard A5 envelope - I'm sure there's an equivalent size in the US.
Also, pieces of mat board are good for these - they don't easily bend in the mail and it's a nice surface for acrylics.

My painting Muse is still AWOL but this could bring her back, so if you do run with this, I'd like to join in too :D

The RIL has lots of good flowering trees :D

BTW Matthew - that's a very nice painting.

Susan - I've snagged that bright tree - your trees are so BIG in the US and ours here are just breaking into leaf.

Elaine - would love to see the finished placemat - the tree(s) look very realistic. :D

PattiLou
04-28-2009, 06:15 PM
I've never painted on matboard, do you do anything special to it? I should find some scraps and test this out.

Charlie's Mum
04-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Do try it Patti - it's a lovely surface to work on. Sometimes I gesso first, but not always by any means .. the first layer of paint seals it.

Kathrin G.
04-28-2009, 06:56 PM
thank you for the input and ideas Maureen :thumbsup:
I guess I wait and see whats happening and if everyone would be happy with it :o
If everything can be worked out, I am in too :) :D

Were do you get mat board ?

edtree
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
:wave: WoW Elaine! I'm REALLY inspired now! Those flowering trees are gorgeous! I like the idea of posting some photos here as we did before and as Maureen said, there's lots in the WC reference library. If I get a chance, I'll go looking in there and bring some back.

:wave: Susan - you can probably tell who is the tough "parent" and who is the lenient one, lol! But Elaine is right, you do have it in you. To be honest, I've only painted one flowering tree and that was a long time ago. Luckily for us, there are some veterans here to help us along.

:wave: YaY Mary! Glad to hear you're in! I don't see how anyone could NOT be after seeing those photos Elaine temped us with! I was disappointed to have missed the trade in the cafe too so this will be great fun for both of us!

:wave: Kathrin - I hope you change your mind. As Maureen said, the cost to mail should not be too bad as long as size is kept to A5. Back when I was an eBay seller, I shipped overseas quite often and for this size, it was actually quite reasonable. As for your painting skills, I am going to sick Elaine on you! LOL! I for one would love one of your paintings or for that matter, a painting from any of the beautiful painters here. The techniques, styles and skill-levels of the members doesn't matter; what matters is that we will each have a treasure to keep in the end.

:wave: Maureen - I'm happy you're joining us for this event, and hopefully you'll find your muse hiding in the flowers and foliage! It's wonderful too to have your help with how these swaps go. I think Elaine has experience too, but this is my first!

:wave: Patti - you crack me up! And, I a bit jealous that you're taking off for the summer! How fun would THAT be! I think it would work out just fine to use your daughters addy to mail to. Not sure of the date to finish yet. It might be a good idea for everyone to post their preferences and we'll do our best to find something that works best. Thanks for asking about painting on matboard. I may give that a try myself! Never even thought about it! (Thanks Maureen!)

Updated list of participants:

Elaine
Elizabeth
Susan
Maureen
Patti
Mary
Kathrin (edited to add you - we x-posted! :))

Okay, I'm off to look for some photos. :D

Elizabeth

edtree
04-28-2009, 07:14 PM
:wave: Kathrin - Maureen will probably know what's available on your side of the sea, but here, you can buy it at Hobby Lobby, Michael's or any art supply store. You can also buy it on-line. If I'm thinking of the right stuff, it is what is used to mat paintings on paper. I'm excited to get some and try to too!

By the way, glad the gentle persuasion worked and you're going to give this a go! It will be fun, you'll see!

Elizabeth

noodle1
04-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Whoo Hoo let the games begin...LOL I'm soooo happy you have all succumb to temptation..:D

Both Sue and I participated so I'll tell you what I know and Sue can add to it or correct me if I make a mistake. Maureen's done something similar so she too can be of great value making this clear and workable too.

1. Each one will paint (as it stands now) 6 paintings, size to be determined.
2. Must be a tree, just green or flowered. Landscaped or just a single tree.
3. Beginning date: to be decided
4. Mailing date: to be decided..a month or a month an a half, or even two, no rush really, should be enough time, but you decide, want this to be fun not something stressful :D
5. Someone chosen to receive all the paintings, then select the ones to be
sent to all the others, and mail them.
6.Postage included with the painting for the mailer. Will have to get to PO to get and idea, these will be larger, and a bit heavier then the ATC's were.
We sent Kathy (AMuse) postage so if that's not a problem we can do the same thing here to the one chosen to be the "mail person"..lol Or to whomever volunteers..:wink2:

Actually I could do it cause I really am so much less busy then any of you, no little ones, no job, no life....:lol: :lol: Seriously I wouldn't mind, but we'll talk about it.

And they can find out what it will cost to send them before hand and tell everyone. Most of us used "packing" envelopes and cardboard to reinforce it
for the distance. Whomever is mailing will have to get new ones,bigger for all six paintings, so we could add a couple of dollars for them to be purchased along with the mailing cost if that's agreeable to everyone. Now Maureen and Kathrin in all fairness should be left out of this end of it, only because they are the furthest distances away and to go to either of them and back here a bit silly I think. So from the four of us as it stands one will be the receiver and the sender of the 6 paintings from each person.

Just before we're ready to mail paintings, a pm is sent to get the address to the one who will be mailing them out to their final destinations, include your address there , and on your mailing package (backup in pm just in case smudged or whatever) and the postage that we find out is necessary to re-turn mail your classmates paintings. Okay so that's pretty much it. Sue am I right on or did I forget something...LOL Maureen do you have a better way of doing this?

The reason I suggested to Elizabeth the 5x7 size is that it fits a standard mat for an 8x10 painting, the opening would acutally be 4.5 x 6.5, so that would end up being the area of your painting seen.

The only other way to do this without painting 6 paintings is to each get one name, and paint 1 for that person. How we would determine who gets whose is yet another thing, but if 6 sounds like too much to some then we could go that way. Is nice to have one from each tho but some maybe can't do that easily, again we have to talk about it.

Now for your thoughts, opinions, date suggestions, size suggestions, and anything else you can think of. Over to "you". We could actually start on the 1st of May to count down our time, but again you're imput important in making the decisions..:thumbsup:

Hugs,
Elaine

noodle1
04-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi Maureen,

I haven't worked on the placemat more, still have one more tree to paint of the two templates..lol I will finish it tho and will post it as soon as I do.
Came as a set of six so I'll probably be painting them for awhile, second tree tho I'm cheating just putting it on wc paper.

So happy you're in with us on this, :clap:

Patti trust me if I have anything to say about it "you'll" have time, the snail here is gonna need it too...:lol: Hope you can and I'm jealous too!!

Elaine

edtree
04-29-2009, 06:32 AM
:wave: Morning Elaine and the flowering tree gang!

Some refs from the WC library:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2009/94944-Cherry_PineTrees.jpg
Springtime Pink Tree (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=70580) By ArtsyMom

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2009/94944-jacaranda38.jpg
Jacaranda Tree (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=63685) By Ms. Patricia

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2009/94944-Squirrel_flowers_t_rees_21sm.jpg
Pretty in Pink (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=60027) By Queen Bee

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Apr-2009/94944-Squirrel_flowers_t_rees_24sm.jpg
Weeping Cherry (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=60030) By Queen Bee

edtree
04-29-2009, 06:49 AM
:wave: Thanks for typing out the exchange information Elaine and for volunteering to coordinate. After reading through, here are my thoughts:

*I like the idea of creating and trading one painting instead of multiple, especially since these will be bigger paintings and not trading card size. Also, if we get more participants, the amount of paintings we will have to do will not get overly daunting.

*I think anyone who is already in can begin anytime once everyone decides and agrees on size/support.

*How about if we make the end time June 30 or even July 31, giving everyone plenty of time, and also time for anyone who hasn't joined yet.

*At the end of the event, we can draw names from the members who have finished tree paintings, and the members can mail directly to the recipient.

*Size suggestion: Anywhere from 5" x 7" to 9" x 12".

*Support: anything flat enough to mail.

The above are not rules, just my thoughts. Please jump in everyone and tell us your thoughts. Also, if you know of any other members who might want to join in, please let them know.

I'll check in later tonight to see how the plan is shaping up!

Elizabeth :D

nithya_swamy
04-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Oooooh is there an exchange going on? Is it too late to join? Thank god I just checked this thread and saw this. I'd like to join in too. Let me know E & E if I can join in :)

edtree
04-29-2009, 07:04 AM
:wave: You're IN, Nithya! YaY!:clap:

We'd like to have at LEAST 12 so there's time and room for more.

Here's the updated list so far:

1. Elaine
2. Elizabeth
3. Susan
4. Maureen
5. Patti
6. Mary
7. Kathrin
8. Nithya

PattiLou
04-29-2009, 08:14 AM
I have an idea stirring around in my mind for one painting.:lol: Don't know if I could come up with 6 or more all at once. I have a hard enough time trying to make up my mind what to paint.:confused: Does anyone else do that? Too many choices, they float around in a vacuum (my head, lol) and I can't seem to choose sometimes. It seems like everything I see or photograph I want to paint. I go around looking at things thinking oooh, that would be a good photograph for a reference and I have tons of photos. Decisions, Decisions.

Anyway, my thoughts are that at this size one would be better, although I would love to have an original from every one of you:heart: ...and there is always next time if we want to. How exciting!

nithya_swamy
04-29-2009, 09:13 AM
LOL, I do that too, Patti. I have atleast 10 works in progress at any point in time.:D Reasons are that I want to paint everything that I see. Then every painting by other artists that I come across, I'd like to do a similar subject. Coz I never think it would be a great subject to paint, but someone else inspires me. Huh! And then this weakness for new canvasses. The moment I replenish my inventory, I want to open every one of them and feel them. Sigh! I never learn. :D

I downloaded hundreds of images from the RIL. Then at one point I decided I should start working on my own photos and compositions. Now I have one more folder which has my own photos, several hundreds:D Tough life I say!

Elizabeth, I think we can restrict to a smaller size. Say 4*6 or 5*7. That way we can paint n-1 pieces for n participants. Stretching upto 9 * 12 will be tough for people like me who don't paint very fast :D

PattiLou
04-29-2009, 09:33 AM
LOL, I do that too, Patti. I have atleast 10 works in progress at any point in time.:D Reasons are that I want to paint everything that I see. Then every painting by other artists that I come across, I'd like to do a similar subject. Coz I never think it would be a great subject to paint, but someone else inspires me. Huh! And then this weakness for new canvasses. The moment I replenish my inventory, I want to open every one of them and feel them. Sigh! I never learn. :D

I downloaded hundreds of images from the RIL. Then at one point I decided I should start working on my own photos and compositions. Now I have one more folder which has my own photos, several hundreds:D Tough life I say!

Oh gosh, I didn't really think there was anyone else like me!:lol:

biddlebeach
04-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I would like to add my two cents in here,,
size wise,, smaller,, like the 5x7 or 4x6
and I think one for each participant,,
just my opinion,,
it ain't gonna be easy for me either, I don't have all that much TIME to work on them, but this sounds like it will be well worth making the time!

LavenderFrost
04-29-2009, 11:50 AM
I was afraid to say anything, but since there's no rush, you can make it 7 now.

5x7 sounds good to me. Or any of the usual 'photo sizes' so it's easy to pick up a frame.

Though I can only work on one picture at a time, the ideas are never ending! I also get inspired by others that make me want to try new subjects, but it's so hard to work them into my to do list. I thought I knew what my next picture will be, but now plans have changed. Thanks a lot! :lol:

susme48
04-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Patti...nice to know I am not the only one...if I could paint all the ideas in my head...I would have to have alot more than 24 hrs in a day!!! and be about 12...:lol:

I wish I had the time to do 12...but wow, that is alot of trees!! To do one really well, or to rush to do alot....seems like that is the question? Maybe if we do them fairly small, it won't be as daunting. I did find the ATC's went fairly fast, even with my limited time to paint.

And now there are 9...

Kathrin G.
04-29-2009, 02:21 PM
12......that will be a lot of tree practice :rolleyes: :o
I do love the idea of a painting for everyone tho :)
Considering postage from here to you and back again, I do think we should keep the size and support reasonable tho.

Now the question if I can paint 12 even faintly acceptable trees is a whole different one tho :o :confused: :o Wonder if I jumped too early :rolleyes:

Charlie's Mum
04-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I wrote a long reply an hour ago and lost it to an error on site - :mad:

My two pennorth:

The postcard exchanges ran thus:

There were 25 people making 24 paintings on any subject of the painter's choice BUT, they did last a year, giving plenty of time ........ evenso, it could be difficult churning out that many works! ..... and disappointing when some people didn't produce the goods!

May I suggest :

* One host who combines a list of participants' addresses.

* Then, out of the hat, chooses who should send a painting to whom.
That would work with one painting per person - it would also work if
we each did 2 paintings.

* The host sends those two addresses to the painter for mailing.

* Each painter stands the cost of mailing to two recipients.

* No money moves around the country/globe.

* Airmail costs are obtainable from Mailing websites by weight .... e.g. from
UK to US and A5 on mountboard in ordinay envelope would be around
1GB - cheaper to the EU :)

* Postcard to A5 size (as already suggested above)
- 4x6" or 5x7" - no bigger.

* We are each responsible for mailing when ready - 2 or 3 months? - or less
if fewer paintings are used?

* When a work is received, they PM the sender and the sender can then
upload the image to the site - we could have a separate thread for
these if you wish.

* We aren't all having to paint a forest each.;)

* 2 paintings is more manageable I think.

How does this sound to you all?

PS - Kathrin - mat board = mountboard for us :D

biddlebeach
04-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Well, as much as it may be easier for each of us, I still would like to do one for each person. so, if you all decide you just want to do one or two, let me know and I will bow out.

PattiLou
04-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I am game for whatever we decide... but I am slow, just remember.:D Keeping the size down would help though. I have been trying ATC's and they went pretty quick... and I just finished a 5"x7" which went pretty quick after I finally got started.

Went to Michaels to find some matboard, they only sell full size sheets. I didn't want that, so ask about scraps... nope, they aren't allowed to sell those, they have to throw them away. What a waste and then they fill the landfill with something usable.:mad: There used to be another store here that sold the bits and pieces but they went out of business when Michaels came to town. When we lived in Georgia the frame shops gave them away, now I can't even buy them.:confused: I need to find another source.

Hey, what if we paint the same tree over and over?:lol:

Kathrin G.
04-29-2009, 05:56 PM
if we stay with the smaller sizes, I am game for the a painting for each person idea :angel: but because I am only starting out and learning to paint, I will need a bit of time as well :o

Maureen, thank you :wave: will look out for it :thumbsup:

edtree
04-29-2009, 06:08 PM
:wave: Hi All! Great input!

Seems as if the majority wants to paint for and receive from each of the other participants. It does seem a bit daunting but if we give ourselves enough time, I am up for this.

We could then:

* Set the participant limit to 10 - we only need one more participant - so we would then each do 9 paintings.

* Size: artist's choice of 4" x 6" or 5" x 7"

* Everyone sends the 9 finished paintings with postage money to Elaine who will mail them to each of us.

* Completion date: End of July? More time?

* Also, maybe we should make this "any kind of tree or foliage" painting since we will have many to do.

Back to all of you! :D

Elizabeth

edtree
04-29-2009, 06:11 PM
:wave: Patti, I like the idea of recycling and think it's a shame they have to throw that stuff away, sigh. You might try calling a local mom and pop frame shop if there are any in your area. They might be more willing to give you scraps. I'm going to go ahead and buy a whole sheet I think and play to my heart's content :lol:!

Elizabeth

Kathrin G.
04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
sorry about all the stupid questions :o :o :o but.....

* Set the participant limit to 10 - we only need one more participant - so we would then each do 10 paintings.

10 paintings ? If there are 10 people in it should it not be 9 painting as we dont paint one for our self ?

* Size: artist's choice of 4" x 6" or 5" x 7"

size of the painting or page ?

* Completion date: End of July? More time?

sounds perfect to me :)

* Also, maybe we should make this "any kind of tree or foliage" painting since we will have many to do.

even better :lol:

edtree
04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
:wave: Hi Kathrin! Not stupid at all. This is helping to hone in on the final plan!

* Good point - you're right, it would be 9 paintings each, not 10 :lol:. (I have edited my other post to reflect the correct number of paintings.) Thanks Kathrin!

* 4" x 6" or 5" x 7" would be the outside dimensions or total size of the support. Painting size inside of that would be artist's choice.

* Glad you like/agree with the extended completion date and the expansion of subject(s)!

Elizabeth :D

noodle1
04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

Oh lot to read...but first Patti there is this place on line and they sell mat board sized without windows cut and I think they give ya the backs too...since we're not cutting them could work out great...they want 5.10 for 10..one for mistakes...LOL actually not bad. When I did matting we sold the scraps or gave them away, they're full of donkey dust...LOL
here's the link...http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=419
Think shipping included too but not sure, maybe only on some things.
My daugther has bought their bags for the shop for little whatever she does eses, puts product in em. LOL

Okay got that out now to start anew...haha
Elaine

Raymo
04-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Went to Michaels to find some matboard, they only sell full size sheets. I didn't want that, so ask about scraps... nope, they aren't allowed to sell those, they have to throw them away. What a waste and then they fill the landfill with something usable.:mad:

Go out back behind the store and do a little dumpster diving. You cheapo....:lol:

noodle1
04-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi Elizabeth and class mates,

Maureen thank you for giving us your knowledge and experience about swapping. I actually agree with you, two does sound more manageable, but it's me I'm talking about..:lol: I think I'm in the dictionary under the definition of "slow". :lol:

But like Patti I'll go with the majority. If I start a week ago I should be fine..lol

I'll check back tomorrow and see if we've written any of this in stone..LOL
Then I guess all that would be left to do it start..:lol:

Have a good night everyone have to go wrestle with my printer, I needed it and it decided to make it complicated and me frustrated..LOL

See ya tomorrow,
Hugs,
Elaine

PattiLou
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Go out back behind the store and do a little dumpster diving. You cheapo....:lol:
Hey Grouch... I was willing to pay for them.:D They only wanted to sell full size sheets and I will be in a motorhome, ie: no space.:p

PattiLou
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

Oh lot to read...but first Patti there is this place on line and they sell mat board sized without windows cut and I think they give ya the backs too...since we're not cutting them could work out great...they want 5.10 for 10..one for mistakes...LOL actually not bad. When I did matting we sold the scraps or gave them away, they're full of donkey dust...LOL
here's the link...http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=419
Think shipping included too but not sure, maybe only on some things.
My daugther has bought their bags for the shop for little whatever she does eses, puts product in em. LOL

Okay got that out now to start anew...haha
Elaine
Sounds good, but I will be on the road in a motorhome (leaving Friday) and you have to be home to order something... well you don't have to be home to order it, but to receive it.:D

PattiLou
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM
:wave: Patti, I like the idea of recycling and think it's a shame they have to throw that stuff away, sigh. You might try calling a local mom and pop frame shop if there are any in your area. They might be more willing to give you scraps. I'm going to go ahead and buy a whole sheet I think and play to my heart's content :lol:!

Elizabeth
I was going to try a couple of those tomorrow. Otherwise, there is a Hobby Lobby near where we will be in Ohio, or maybe something between here and there. You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find a simple piece of matboard.

Kathrin G.
04-30-2009, 01:52 AM
good morning class :wave:
I will go with whatever the class and teachers decide too :thumbsup:
I can see the good part in whatever you all choose :)
Fewer paintings are definitely going to be easier to manage all around ( and cheeper ) .........and in the same way a painting for each is a nice thought too.
You choose, I follow :)

Maureen, I found a place online what sells mountboard here. Going to order some soon.

susme48
04-30-2009, 04:31 AM
I love the idea of doing one for everyone....could we not kind of check and see where everyone is, around late June...and if we needed to we could extend the time?? It's not like the world will end if it is NOT July? I think the reason I like it, is cause it is so neat to have a 'piece' of everyone...to kind of have 'them' in your home while you are on WC.

Sounds corny...but I guess I am! I will do what the group decides tho'!

nithya_swamy
04-30-2009, 04:34 AM
I too would like to do a painting for every other participant, its a lot more fun to receive a big variety.:) Actually I am being very selfish, I will be very disappointed if I receive only from 2 people, coz I LOVE all your work :D

4*6 or 5*7 is great, July end is a lot of time, quite doable. I agree with Maureen, we can directly mail everyone else. I have taken part in quite a few ATC/postcard exchanges in WC and every time the participants directly mailed each other. It would be too much work I guess for one person to do everything.

10 people sounds great, I am so excited to start this :)

edtree
04-30-2009, 07:28 AM
:wave: Morning Everyone! Well, I overslept so I have just a few minutes to write. We will put together the official plan from the feedback shortly. Just one question though:

* If we go with one painting for each participant, is everyone who signed up still in?

:wave: Elaine - Thanks for the great link to the bags place. I am going to give that a go. It will save me from cutting to size.

More tonight!:D

Elizabeth

nithya_swamy
04-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I am in :)

PattiLou
04-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Me three.:D

I just have one quesstion (for now, lol) How do you protect the paintings other than padding? I know the atc's have envelopes. I don't sell paintings... well I have a few, mostly give them away to family, so I don't have all the supplies that professionals keep on hand. Or do they actually need extra protection?

susme48I love the idea of doing one for everyone....could we not kind of check and see where everyone is, around late June...and if we needed to we could extend the time?? It's not like the world will end if it is NOT July?
I agree, not the end of the world, but something to look forward to.

I think the reason I like it, is cause it is so neat to have a 'piece' of everyone...to kind of have 'them' in your home while you are on WC.

Sounds corny...but I guess I am! I will do what the group decides tho'!
Not corny at all, well maybe a little:p :evil: :D

noodle1
04-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Morning Everyone,

Sue don't think it's corny either! We share a good many words on here and have come to make some serious friendships so having a piece of art work in a very real way is like having a part of them around..lol Can't separate the art from the artist, bits and pieces always tag along of the person, maybe the only way we'll ever meet..now that's corny but also very true! :lol:

Sorry Patti I actually forgot that you were leaving right away. There will I'm sure along the way places you will find that will sell them or scraps. If not
Crescent Illustration board can be cut, and they come in sizes easy to handle, cold press or hot press surface. You can cut em with an xacto knife or even a straight edged small razor. Depending on your size you can just work on any paper like surface and mat it to send it, that'll add support to it.
Like wc paper or the acrylic pads paper.

Sending your paintings...since you will have 8 or 9 all you really need to do is
place a piece of either waxed paper, or baking parchment paper on the front where there is paint. Then just make sure you have something sturdy to reinforce the walls of the envelope, cardboard, foam core, something like that. The envelopes have a bubble wrapped wall so that's helpful too.
Those will be the ones I'll be buying for the sending to you guys. Thing is if you varnish them just make sure they are well cured before you pack em, give yourself a good amount of time for them to dry so they don't stick to whatever you put in front of them. Generally they mail pretty well.
When you go to the PO to mail em tell them what's in them and they might
add a "hand stamp" notation on the envelopes for you, they're pretty good they know how to try and protect the contents. I'm actually thinking of looking for two small flat boxes to send to Maureen and Kathrin, much longer way to go, but I receive all kinds of packaging so not too worried bout that. I sent Kim a tube full of papers and they got there fine, she's in Alaska, no damage at all. They can't stack tubes tho..lol

Okay lot of yammerin, bottom line is when it comes time we can all share some methods of packing that work or have worked, meanwhile of course I'm going to investigate how to return them so I'll be finding out the best ways to go, I'm a researcher....LOL

I'm in...over my head maybe, but I'm in. LOL
See ya all later,

Hugs,
Elaine

Charlie's Mum
04-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Can I say that I think direct mailing to each is easier and better? Only paying one lot of postage too for each person - I really think that sending paintings plus postage to Elaine is being a bit inefficient!!! :lol: No need for anyone to have to then send out 81(?) paintings to others!
I really don't want to send 9 paintings plus postage to another - nor do I think Nithya and Kathrin should theirs to me! ;)

Packing - honestly, a piece of greaseproof paper to cover the painted surface and an ordinary reasonable weight-paper envelope is fine (like a greetings card) - post/card exchanges do this from all around the globe, no bother ... bubble/padded envelopes are not really needed ( but up to the individual ;)).

Elizabeth - yes, limit to 9 or 10 - and make it end of July so those on holiday aren't pressured to complete earlier?

If we (say Elizabeth) compile(s) a list of addresses and forward them to each member, individuals could start whenever they want to - those who paint 10 in a week could get them off next week!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Patti - if you are in a town (on holiday) where there's a dedicated framing shop (rather than a general purpose art/craft place), see if they have any off-cuts - I got huge boxes full from one of our framers - free - some (many) I've used for mounting (matting) smaller works as my pieces ranged from 16x20 down. :D

I make the list so far:

Elizabeth,
Elaine,
Patti,
Nithya,
Mary,
Susan,
Kathrin,
Maureen,
Michelle, .......... =9, room for one more?

To make it easier for the 2Es, could anyone else joining please copy/paste the list and add their name?

LavenderFrost
04-30-2009, 11:33 AM
I also think it makes more sense to mail them directly.

Patti, maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't you buy that full sheet and cut it up right away?

Would the rest of you mind if I painted on bristol board? It's not really archival but I've been using it for years and my old paintings still look fine.

edtree
04-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Gang...sneaking in a quick post from work...I had an idea and want to see what you all think - how about we put together a 2010 calendar with each of us takes a month and creates a tree for it. In the end, we print how ever many copies and we would all have all the paintings!

Sorry, I can't read responses ahead of this as we are not supposed to be online at work. I'll catch up later!

Elizabeth

susme48
04-30-2009, 11:55 AM
I was thinking of artboard? it is archival, or so it says and it is not too heavy, but stiffer than paper. I have some 11x14 and some 8x10 that I could cut down. That way I don't have to buy anything, cause I only have tiny little strips of matting left...not that I could not buy more. I don't know what bristol board is...but I wouldn't mind!

nithya_swamy
04-30-2009, 12:32 PM
I normally paint on gessoed canvas panels that are mounted on cardboard. Would that be fine? I really dont know if thats archival or not!

biddlebeach
04-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I also think it makes more sense to mail them directly.

Patti, maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't you buy that full sheet and cut it up right away?

Would the rest of you mind if I painted on bristol board? It's not really archival but I've been using it for years and my old paintings still look fine. so you are saying that as I get one done, I should send it to whoever is on my list? that means that some people are going to be getting them early , or they will straggle in one at a time,, I am not sure if I am saying this right. so, if I get all mine done, ( not saying I WILL mind you) then I can send them all off, and then will receive mine from others one at a time?
is that what you are saying?
I am not sure I am getting it. sorry to be so dumb here.

biddlebeach
04-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Gees, I got on here so I could post some of the trees I took pics of this AM,, instead of going on my walk, ( I did get it done at noon though,, )
here is a few I found, most are just getting started.

biddlebeach
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
I really liked the shape of the trunk and branches on the one by the blue car..

Kathrin G.
04-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi Gang...sneaking in a quick post from work...I had an idea and want to see what you all think - how about we put together a 2010 calendar with each of us takes a month and creates a tree for it. In the end, we print how ever many copies and we would all have all the paintings!

Sorry, I can't read responses ahead of this as we are not supposed to be online at work. I'll catch up later!

Elizabeth

I dont know how you would go about it, but I love the idea :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kathrin G.
04-30-2009, 04:09 PM
beautiful trees in your photos Mary :thumbsup: :) wow :clap:
Isn't nature just simply stunning :heart:

noodle1
04-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi Maureen,

Again actually I'm not sure why they all went to one person but imagine so they could be received as a single package. But I wouldn't mind mailing one of mine at a time to the names on the list. Postage for the ATCs was next to nothing, probably a bit different in this instance so I'm in favor of mailing them direct. Tis! more efficient actually...LOL thanks for making sense..:)

Hi Elizabeth, I like the calendar idea but was thinking since we're all seemingly
willing to paint the full number we'd all have the "original" works. Later if we wanted to maybe do something like that it'd be fun. Now do you use a template, I use to have a program that had templates for everything but I think I dumped it...LOL Something to think about but at the moment I think
what were doing is pretty cool and maybe we should just pull that off first..:D Just my thoughts tho.

Mary thanks for the trees, there are some in Goshen I want to take and would have if I had had a car to get there..lol granddaughter still has it, but
it would make a cool painting I will post it and some others when I get my wheels back to go take a picture. More flowering trees blooming here then ones with leaves..strange.

Okay gotta get back to work, see ya later all.
Hugs,
Elaine

edtree
04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
The calendar was just a thought. Please disregard all.

PattiLou
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
A while back when I was looking up information on ATC's all of the trades that I saw were direct mailing one on one. It makes sense to me even if we just work on them and say start mailing by such and such date.

I drug my husband to Winter Haven to an art store I found in the phone book... they also do framing. Anyway I went in to buy something, but he didn't have it, so I ask about mat board and if he had any scraps he would sell. I got a whole pile for $2.00. :clap: Now I am ready to play and if I make booboos (which I do sometimes, lol) I will still have a supply to play with.

And I finally took a picture of my summer tree which looks the same year round in Florida.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2009/125378-IMG_6904w_OldOakTree.jpg

Raymo
04-30-2009, 06:24 PM
if I had had a car to get there..lol granddaughter still has it,

Get yourself a bike....( cues music from Wizard of Oz ) :lol:

susme48
04-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Mary...I like that one too...these are beautiful!!

Elaine...not sure either....but I don't think that it would have to be done that way. Other than then there were just 11 mailings (plus ours to her) instead of each of us having 12 mailings which would have been 132 small packages...instead of 23 larger ones

Wow....what a promotional idea...a calendar! I have programs that will make them. And all you do is print them and staple them and punch a hole in them...hmmmmmmm!!!

noodle1
04-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

Elizabeth don't disregard it! I was just talking out loud, personally, one or the other would be great, I guess I was thinking the calendar was an also, maybe I misunderstood..sorry. But hey I'm in for the long haul so the more that comes up the better it is, and whatever everyone wants to do I'm in there too. Sometimes I need to hush..LOL don't listen to me then I'm grouchy of late..LOL Let the majority rule :D

Sue and for all you guys who do want promotional ideas that's a topper I think, because everyone not only needs a calendar but they get fine art to boot. Thing too is after everyone receives their paintings I'm sure they'll be posted, easy enough to bring them over to a software program to set them in place....2010 Calendar "Trees n Foliage" from the class of 09'

Yay Patti, you make booboos, oh can't be lol Wow, Wow, Wow I love your tree it's beautifully done, colors great and the foliage clusters :thumbsup: how cool that the moss is included, that is moss right, that's what they call it. Fantastic job well done! What size is it, maybe this is your first mailing. :)

Raymo thanks for the suggestion and thanks for the music accompaniment!
:p So ya gonna kibitz or join in..hmmmmm :D

Okay grumby going back to being quiet. :evil:

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Nice job there Patti!!

Raymo
04-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Raymo thanks for the suggestion and thanks for the music accompaniment! :p So ya gonna kibitz or join in..hmmmmm :D
Hi Grumpus ! That's too many paintings to do for me but you all can send me whatever extras you have.
Do it !

Raymo
04-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Very nice tree........PattiKakes !!!

biddlebeach
04-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Patti! love that!!!

I also think the calender is a cool idea!!

ya da ya da,,

this is me yacking on and on and making no sense!

thanks for the kudos on the trees,, I thought the other day, ,man, there are lots of flowering trees on my way to and from work,, so I brought the new camera today, yehaw!
Hiya Ray and Elaine! and everyone else!

PattiLou
04-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Yay Patti, you make booboos, oh can't be lol Wow, Wow, Wow I love your tree it's beautifully done, colors great and the foliage clusters :thumbsup: how cool that the moss is included, that is moss right, that's what they call it. Fantastic job well done! What size is it, maybe this is your first mailing. :)
Hugs,
Elaine
Shhh, you didn't have to tell everyone that I make booboos did ya? (many)
Thanks, the tree is supposed to be one of the old Live Oak Trees where the branches get big and heavy and sag all the way to the ground... and yes it is Spanish Moss, er, supposed to be. I wasn't happy with it, have done it before and it looked better. This is 5"X7" on Canvas Paper. I meant to say that before but hubby was trying to rush me out the door to visit some friends.

Thanks Susan, Ray and Mary for the kind comments.

We are packed and ready to head out in the morning. I will check back when possible but sometimes will not have internet. I'm actually going to try and paint this time instead of procrastinating.:lol: The class has been good for me... have to keep the palette wet and the brushes working, no more excuses, LOL.

susme48
05-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Hey 'kids'....even if we just do for each other...whether 10 separate or whatever....we could still do a Tree Calendar....would we be allowed to offer it to members at a reduced ...ummmm ...donation? or is that a no-no? Christmas money?

noodle1
05-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Raymondo the magnificent okay I get it but you ain't getting left overs weirdo without even working for them just a little. :D And here I thought you was a 10..er the 10..th. :p

Patti have a marvelous time, and a safe one. I hope you get to enjoy some time painting, when I want to keep my palette wet and brushes working I put em in the dishwasher....LOL

Okay so I guess we're all set, we can start our projects any time we want and have them done by end of July.

So here's the plan as it stands now.

We have nine joiners..if anyone decides they can't do it within the next couple of weeks just say so and we'll update the names so there is no confusion.

As it stands now we each:
1.Will paint 8 paintings ( as it stands now) no larger then 5x7

2. Can be a flowering tree or just a tree with foliage. Option to how much
or how little you want to include is your choice.

3.We'll mail them directly to each other. Maureen suggested that Elizabeth compile an address list and mail it to everyone.
We can double check with her but there isn't an immediate rush on that, unless you guys have already finished one or two already..LOL
But maybe we should have the addresses by mid May.

4.We will have basically 2 months to do this, but if we need more time we can just say so, so others will know.

5. We will pm the recipient when we have sent their painting, and the sender when we have received theirs.

6. Maureen had said earlier that she could start a new thread to post the paintings if we wanted, so if we do then we should say yay or nay..lol
We can wait till everyone has all of them, or post as we receive them, knowing where could be a good thing..lol

I have a little check list here, maybe ya don't need it but I probably will. Since we're not drawing names might be helpful to know who we sent it to last. Copy paste or disregard..lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2009/139027-check-list-.jpg

Elizabeth's thinking instead of mailing we could upload our paintings and then make a calendar, which we could still do but still swap the originals.
They'll be posted so as long as no ones minds their paintings being used could be an extra treat to this swap.

Well have fun with this, and I'm hoping to keep up a good pace myself. We can post here too to let others know what's up with our progress. And photos too we find interesting and others might need some references along the way.

Have a good night everyone, will check back later, and a big thank you from me and E2 for joining in.

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Sounds good to me!!

PattiLou
05-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Thought I would check in one last time before we disconnect for travel.

Patti have a marvelous time, and a safe one. I hope you get to enjoy some time painting, when I want to keep my palette wet and brushes working I put em in the dishwasher....LOLToo funny! Being retired, I always have time to paint, sometimes I just don't get my motor started.:D

The details sound fine to me and I'm going to be looking at trees as we go down the road. If we are stopped and I see one to take a picture of... I will. I'll keep my camera handy.

Hope ya'll have a wonderful day,
Patti (with no "E") :p

Charlie's Mum
05-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Happy holiday Patti! Take care too :D Like that tree!

Elaine, sounds good to - and if Elizabeth is stuck for time, I don't mind doing the Addresses compilation:)

Michelle - and anyone - I think any surface you wish is fine - paper/board/canvas/masonite (!!!!!!! - cost!!!!!!) :lol: ........ I'll use mount(mat) board cos it won'y need extra protection.

Mary - yes, you had it right - soon as the addresses are forwarded each member decides how and when to post a painting.
Once they start rolling in, we'll have a Tree Gallery thread (or Forest?) :lol:
Nice flowering trees there :D

Re: the calendar idea - we wouldn't be able to sell them on WC!
But you could come to a private arrangement with another member if you wish.
There are sites which make them and do sell them - Cafepress is one .... they print from high res images and bind etc, and mail ....... could be costly?

Now to get organised! :D :wave:

nithya_swamy
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
The plan sounds good.:)
The calendar is a cool idea Elizabeth, I know another art forum where the artists do a calendar every year and sell it on cafepress. There it is not a swap or anything, just 12 different artists contribute one of their images and cafepress does everything else once these images are uploaded.:) There is no restriction on subject matter either. It is very easy if we dont need to do the printing and stuff, it can be done :)

biddlebeach
05-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi guys!!
okay! I'm in! hope I get my table up and running soon as my studio is a mess right now! LOL,,

Kathrin G.
05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
better start looking for ref's very fast now :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
looking forward to getting started on it :)

noodle1
05-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I found my Dogwood photo.. feel free to use it if you like.
Sunlight kind of cool the way it hits the top and the cast shadows interesting too. House my neighbors..lol It's a baby tree but still a tree...lol I'll get more this weekend, providing the sun comes out.

See ya later,
Hugs,
Elaine

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-May-2009/139027-Dogwood-tree-for-class.jpg

biddlebeach
05-01-2009, 05:38 PM
sun?? huh? what's that?
I am going to go and hibernate in my dark dungeon of a studio,, may actually get something done!

LavenderFrost
05-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Come to think of it, 1/8th inch masonite might make a good surface. It wouldn't need extra support to mail. If I use bristol board (poster board), I would want to put cardboard with it to be safe from being bent.

edtree
05-03-2009, 06:52 AM
:wave: Morning Everyone!

I see the plan is in place and we're off and running! I'm excited already to think I will have an original tree painting from each of you to treasure and keep. Elaine and Maureen...thank you for picking up the ball for this project; I appreciate it very much!

One more flowering tree to share from the WC reference library. I need to take my camera with me when I leave the house cause they're everywhere right now! My hope is to do all flowering tree paintings. It will be good for me to break out of my comfort zone for this.

Elaine, love the whites on your tree and those beautiful shadows. I have a dogwood but it's more of a bush - what an awesome site yours must be in real life! It will make a beautiful painting!

Well, full day ahead for me. I got a key finally to the building I'm setting up my show in, so you know where I'll be today! :)

Happy tree painting everyone!:D

Elizabeth

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/94944-3452springmontreal.jpg
Spring in Canada (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=5174) by MissMouse

biddlebeach
05-03-2009, 08:30 AM
emailed my art friend guy who lives up the road and asked him if he had any matboard I could buy from him, and he called to tell me, yeh, he has some, come on up, I went up and he gave me a bunch of his scraps, which are like 8X10,, so I can cut them to size and have bunches left! and he wouldn't let me pay him,, like that even better! so! now to get some ref photo's and get painting!

nithya_swamy
05-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I have already got 8 panels, 4*6. Need to get the references now!

Charlie's Mum
05-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Ready, Steady ....... GO!!!!!!!!!

;) ;) ;)

susme48
05-03-2009, 12:15 PM
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifWheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Kathrin G.
05-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Double http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifWheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif

PattiLou
05-03-2009, 12:45 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/125378-Snicker.gif Ya'll are having too much fun!

Been looking at references. The southern trees blossomed long ago, so can't take pictures. May get some as we move north. Off to the races now.:lol:

noodle1
05-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey guys wait up......http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/Smilies/Turtle3d.gif....:lol: :lol:

Maybe I should paste that in Kathy's MTM sub class..definitely a self portrait.

Patti, hi - unfortunately spring flowering trees don't last too long anywhere.
If it keeps raining up here all the blossoms will be gone too quickly. Thank goodness for photo references..lol

Michelle masonite panels a good idea, I'm not sure what I'm doing mine on yet. But if I choose wc paper or such I do have mats so I can use them as reinforcements. Need to decide like yesterday ..LOL

Hi Elizabeth..yay set up time, if ya can maybe take a couple photos, that's the only way we'll all get to see and enjoy. Have a good day my friend.

Okay like Maureen said ready set, go......hmm I need propellant...:D

Hugs all round....I'll look for some fruit tree photos that we can use without permission too.
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I got my mats all cut to size and 5 of them sketched out, and actually got a tad bit of color on em,,

Kathrin G.
05-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Elaine, think I got to take a loan to your http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/Smilies/Turtle3d.gif ............

You are all well ahead of me already :eek: didn't start yet, oh oh.....think I better get going fast.
Now where is my little racer gone :confused:
Oh yes :D

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif............http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif<-me running after you all :lol:

noodle1
05-03-2009, 05:14 PM
OOOOH Mary you're good!

Okay couldn't find alot of public domain fruit trees, guess everyone taking pictures thinks they are Ansel Adams...LOL Anyway here's a couple, they said public domain but all the photos pretty much are for references as far as visuals anyway I was thinking, putting your own spin on the tree is not infringement, just copying it exactly as in the layout etc.

Hope these are helpful if nothing else for just pure imagery of what you want yours to look like..lol Last one I just thought was pretty, it's a tree only just part of it..:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/139027-Cherry_blossoms.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/139027-6th_hot_pink_tree.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/139027-3rd_tree.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/139027-2-flowering-white-trees.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/139027-6flowering-trees.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/139027-7flowering-white-tree-full.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/139027-4flowering-hot-pink-tree.jpg

Now this is a Maple Tree, not flowering probably fall but you can change the color of the leaves, just thought cool tree..lol
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/139027-Maple_tree.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2009/139027-close-up-apple-blossoms.jpg

Okay if all else fails, make one up :D

later,
Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Okay if all else fails, make one up :D

Now that's up my alley...:lol: but I guess I am behind already!!

Kathrin G.
05-03-2009, 08:13 PM
starting to wonder if that was such a good idea at all :( I am just no good at trees :crying:
Not a happy bunny after tonight's painting session anyway :( :o :(

noodle1
05-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi Sue, behind heck no..and I thought you'd like the make one up part, you're the best at imagination.

Kathrin....don't go there cutie, just slow down ya got two months, or more if ya need it, I' sure it's fine, just when you work on something at times and ya can't get it just right ya think it's terrible...that's my logo It Ain't Just Right..and usually it's darn close..LOL No worries you're good at whatever ya wanna be good at..that's the rule...LOL Hugs

Just so ya all know I haven't even got my surface and a pencil in hand much less a brush..pishtosh, have to let it all stew in the pot (my head) so it's lean and tender..lol I'm hungry can ya tell, just got home from Mass.

Later,
Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Hay, just cuz I got five started doesn't mean they are in any way,, even remotely close to being works of ART!!
it may be a while before I am able to get back to them too, so you will prob pass me right up!!

noodle1
05-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Okay here's a little "melody" to let wrap round ya...LOL probably was one of my favorite entertainers and tune, this just makes ya ahhhhh..:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc

Hugs,
Elaine

Kathrin G.
05-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Thank you Elaine, just what I needed :wink2:
the music to let go of everything wrong and embrace the better :)

susme48
05-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Nice Elaine!!

Charlie's Mum
05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Question - cos I may have missed something:

Do we have to make all of the paintings flowering trees? - just before I get started! :lol:

Got all my boards gessoed this morning :smug: :smug: ;)

PS - just sang along-a-Louis :D

Another PS:

Check here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?cat=574) in out RIL for all the sub categories under our flowering Trees section - lots of pics of trees and parts thereof :D

noodle1
05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi Maureen,

I had suggested not just flowering trees..no one argued with me so I'd say mix it up..LOL
Thanks for the list too, I wasn't all that productive in finding much.

For eveyone's FYI
I'll put it down here just in case someone missed it...you can paint your tree
in blossom, or paint a tree with "summer" foliage only. I think in this case the more interesting the tree is a factor as well..so have fun and mix it up. :D

Hugs,
Elaine

Charlie's Mum
05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I think your trees are very pretty Elaine - you did well to find them! A BIG thank you from all of us!

I've been looking through my own photos - the printed variety ... now I have to start on the digi ones :D Phew :D

nithya_swamy
05-04-2009, 01:37 PM
I have my references shortlisted from sxc.hu. Instead of looking into my own saved references, I started looking online, thereby adding many more nice refs to my collection :D My hard disk will start crying one day!

PattiLou
05-05-2009, 09:07 AM
I've been looking through my own references... digital, and online. My hard disk is groaning and my paintings probably won't look like any of the references.:D

edtree
05-05-2009, 09:16 AM
:wave: Morning All! Hope you're making good progress with your tree paintings!

Mine is too, Patti. The photo program that came with my camera is so overloaded it freezes my computer when I try to delete any of them (sigh). I didn't realize how difficult finding suitable flowering tree references would be. I am using some already posted here and have been traveling with my camera lately trying to find a few more while the spring trees are still in bloom.

One painting done - another underway! YaY! I'm glad I didn't put this off as it has been surprisingly therapeutic and great relief from the chaos in my life right now. :D

Elizabeth

LCoker
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM
:wave: I have a twin Live Oak in my yard. It is loved almost as much as children and pet family members. I hope to jump in (even being behind) as soon as I
complete other projects. Wish I had found this one sooner. Great idea, Edtree and thank you.
Linda

noodle1
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi Linda,

Glad you took a peek. Happy that I'm not the only one who has a tree they love as much as kids and pets..lol Mine is a 175 yr old big, big pine, throws me tons of cones, it's just so majestic.

If you're speaking about the swap, as far as jumping in, that would be great.
We have two months to paint, and if you were interested we'd have to add you to the list and mail you the others addresses and send them yours as well...just in case that's what ya meant..haha here's the "what we're going to do" list, if you think you can do it fantastic, if not because of other commitments please just join in however you can, would love to see your twin Oaks..have you painted them yet?

Elizabeth has a few things to do and I'm covering for a bit. You would make 10 so we'd then each be painting 9...let us know if you're in please,
nothing do til end of July...

As it stands now we each:
1.Will paint 8 paintings ( as it stands now) no larger then 5x7

2. Can be a flowering tree or just a tree with foliage. Option to how much
or how little you want to include is your choice.

3.We'll mail them directly to each other. Maureen has already mailed the
addresses to each of us (Linda you could just send me yours and I'd forward them and as well send you a copy of all the addresses updated)

4.We will have basically 2 months to do this, but if we need more time we can just say so, so others will know.

5. We will pm the recipient when we have sent their painting, and the sender when we have received theirs.

6. Maureen had said earlier that she could start a new thread to post the paintings if we wanted, so if we do then we should say yay or nay..lol
We can wait till everyone has all of them, or post as we receive them, knowing where could be a good thing..lol

Hope to hear you might be able to do the tree swap!

Elaine

LCoker
05-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Elaine,
I am excited you noticed my reply. I haven't received many yet so now I really feel "in". Thanks!
I am just now getting back on my "art feet", so I have to pass on the swap. Been moving really slow at finding my pace and my own private corner to work. But will get there soon. I have forgotten how great it feels to be "arting" again.
Have a great time with the swap and I will follow along as I can.
Thanks again,
Gmaw Linda:)

noodle1
05-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Okay guys....here's a gallery of sorts..

Dress A Tree Gallery

Elizabeth - Our Illustrious Teacher and Friend

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-1.Elizabeth.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-s-2nd.jpg

Ozone

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-Ozone.jpg

Michelle

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-Michelle.jpg

Patti

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-_Sized-Patti.jpg

Susan.....1 & 2

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-s.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-_sized-Susan-2nd.jpg

Raymo

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-Black-frame-Raymo.jpg

Elaine

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-Elaine.jpg

Maureen 1 of Our wonderful Moderators

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-Frame-change-Maureen.jpg

Kathrin -

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-s-tree.jpg

And Matthew who shared his painting, dressing many trees..:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/139027-Matthew.jpg

And Mary

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-May-2009/139027-s-tree.jpg

Hugs,
Elaine

noodle1
05-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi Linda,

Of course I noticed and you were "in" the minute you signed up to WC, I should have said Welcome as well..oh just did

I understand about the swap but please feel free to post a painting of a tree you may have done, or one you will do when you can, looking forward to it.

Nice to have you here in the acrylics forum, enjoy and we'll see you soon posting your works on WC, can't wait to see your paintings.

Hugs,
Elaine

Kathrin G.
05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
one down :smug: .......... 7 more to go :eek: :lol: :eek:

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif.............. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif<- me, still trying to catch up :lol: :lol:

Charlie's Mum
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Oh blimey - I haven't got any further today, too much happening! But don't worry, all will get done! ;)

Cool Gallery Elaine - we're all framed too - Wow! But you shouldn't have included my little sketch - :eek: - it's not good enough in this illustrious company - and I mean that!

Linda, welcome to our forum and to the Foliage thread - they've had such fun these past few weeks that the people you see here can't give it up! they're addicted :lol: :lol:

Well, I shouldn't be here so I really must sign off 'til tomorrow!

Night night :wave:

Raymo
05-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah, nice gallery but mine should have been

" Raymo's Stupid Tree ".....later, Supah Freak !

Kathrin G.
05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Ooopppppps, I missed the Gallery :o
Thank you for putting it together Elaine :clap: :clap:

biddlebeach
05-05-2009, 07:34 PM
ALRIGHT!! it's coming! geesh,

edtree
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
:wave: What a beautiful gallery Elaine! Our trees make an awesome display! :clap: I love the way you've framed them all! Thank you so much! :D

Elizabeth

edtree
05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
:wave: Hi Linda! Welcome to Wet Canvas, the Acrylics Wing, and the Trees and Foliage MTM thread! Please feel free to jump in at any point; lots of folks here to encourage, help or cheer you on! Glad to have you with us! :D

Elizabeth

noodle1
05-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi again, I see that everyone's painting stayed with the right person, phew for a moment there I was going to yell out a big "help" to Maureen.
She has the magic wand.

Hi Elizabeth, they do look good framed don't they, cept mine is a little weird, cue for Raymo to jump in on that remark..lol Thought about your show and all your beautiful framed works, gave me the idea :lol: :lol:

Raymo didn't call it stupid but did the next best thing, put yours with mine,
notice the "black" and "white" frames..:lol: :lol: guess who got the dark one!
Your painting is not "stupid" at all! Yish what a Freak n Weirdo you are. :D :lol: :lol:

Maureen I didn't get very far today either, but at least I got started..lol
Kind of cheated tho, I already had a little panel with a cloud on it, hmmm wonder where that came from..:D And you absolutely do belong framed in the gallery, it's beautiful!

Hi Kathrin...1 done already oooh gotta get myself in gear..lol

Mary I'm sorry didn't mean to push or anything..:D

Okay yak no more...Later then,
Hugs,
Elaine

edtree
05-05-2009, 08:52 PM
:wave: Hi again,

I went out of town today and took my camera. Managed to take some flowering tree pictures to share. Please feel free to use any of these guys. The one with the cow was "just because." :D

Elizabeth

PS - Elaine, that's reminds me, I need to get some shots yet of the show set up. I hope to get back there over the next few days!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/94944-0223.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/94944-0224.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/94944-0225.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/94944-0226.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/94944-0228.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/94944-0229.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/94944-0227.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2009/94944-0230.JPG

Raymo
05-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Your painting is not "stupid" at all! Yish what a Freak n Weirdo you are. :D :lol: :lol:

It's easy to think of a title for my paintings that way....

Stupid Bird....Stupid Rooster, and on and on....:lol:

weirdo

Ozone
05-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Noodle, you retired just to work so hard at WC.:heart: Thanks for the gallery. Thanks for the memory:music:

Ozone:)

noodle1
05-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi Guys,

Okay Raymo but ya could just call em all..."Stupere" 1-2-3 etc. LOL
Latin stupidus from stupere which means..."be amazed or stunned".
Little play on words for ya weirdo :thumbsup: :D

Hi Ozone, not work but pure pleasure, you are all so fun, and 'thanks for the
memory' :music: too..:heart:

Elizabeth those are beautiful photos, and have to say the "just because one'
really has my attention...LOL of course it would!

Okay Mary..you're next up. Thanks sweetie!

Hugs,
Elaine

Charlie's Mum
05-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Used the magic dust to add Mary's painting to the last Gallery post - but something strange happened and the whole post moved to the end!

Ah well - can't understand the gremlins who work here sometimes!!!

noodle1
05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Ahhh Thank you Maureen, the gremlins must have been at work yesterday too!
You had Raymo's painting, and Raymo had Kathrin's and then it went the other way, back and forth four times..lol *shrug* and it seems only a few moved, very strange indeed. And I just noticed your gone from the first set.
Think just let it be tho, and thank you again, the gang's all here anyway.

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Darn, I swear I posted in here last night! Must have been while I was dozing off at the pc...I typed some strange responses in notepad, around 9...and woke up at 11 with them unposted....but could never find the one for here, so it must have stayed in my head?

Elaine/Maureen...love the gallery!!

Elizabeth...love the pics...and I can see why you snapped the cow...love it!! I see Elaine likes it too...does that mean that fine minds run alike?

Mary...that is a great tree...I love how you can see the shadowing on the back of the leaves facing the other way!!

Not even gonna comment on Ray's 'stupid' paintings...:lol: sticking out my tongue...silly boy!!

Hey, if by now we cannot understand WC has gremlins...we never will...actually I always thought it was my keyboard...because sometimes I find myself typing remarks that could not be coming from me...:angel: since I would never say anthing sarcastic or __? :) she says smiling sweetly!

Hail, hail the gangs all here...hurray!! All I need now is time!

Charlie's Mum
05-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Well Elaine, I think I have them all in one post now back at #848! :D

Please tell me if there are any missing and I'll try to edit without losing anything!:eek:

noodle1
05-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Maureen you're the best, it's Perfect!! Thank you too for taking out some of the gabber..lol, gang's all there. :thumbsup:

Elaine

susme48
05-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Maureen....is your magic limited to WC????? Sure could use a little life manipulation like that!! :D

Charlie's Mum
05-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Sadly Susan, only in WC! :lol: :lol: (Even then only when the Gremlins don't play tricks! :D)

Got my first card done - will have to draw names from a hat to see who gets it! :lol:

noodle1
05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Yay Maureen, that makes you and I and Kathrin so far that's completed one, course Mary's got five going at the same time so I don't know if we can take a bow for our progress...LOL Think maybe your magic dust just might span the cyber waves, I'm actually moving rather quickly...LOL

Funny you should mention a "hat drawing", as I finished the first and am half way through the second I'm thinking oh dear how does one decide. Well the luck of the draw seems to be the perfect solution.

Just have to ask is anyone finding they're picking young trees or smaller ones?
Or those who have the potential of being humongous...LOL I seem to be doing "baby" pictures....LOL By the time I'm done I'll be painting acorns..:wink2:

Got my order the other day and had forgotten that I bought three 5x7 Ampersand Aquarelle bords, just to try and boy they are really nice. However since I stink in watercolors not trying to emmulate that, but the acrylics work very, very nicely on them, different from the pastelbords but
I'm impressed...lol Just two short between the two kinds I have, so have to get another pack since I started this way. 3 in a pack of 5x7s..works out pretty well..lol

Okay that satisfied my need for a break and a yak.
Have fun painting everyone!

Later,
Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I also got some tree pics! Now to get back to painting them! I may have 5 started, but have gotten no further on any of them! sigh!

Kathrin G.
05-07-2009, 08:39 PM
lovely photos Elizabeth and Mary :clap: :clap: :clap: This thread is turning into a proper tree library :clap: I will go tree hunting too as soon as the weather will cooperate too.

I am working strongly on finishing painting number 2 :smug: .......only joking :lol: I got to do a bit more to do on it yet.
But it is nearly 1am again and I am not going to mix on more paint tonight. Got to get up for work at 6 :eek:
Tomorrow is another day :rolleyes:

Raymo
05-07-2009, 08:46 PM
I see all the tree dorks are still hard at work.

C'mon, get to paintin....heeyahhhhh.

Make extras and Raymo will put them in

a gallery for you....:lol:....a west coast gallery.

noodle1
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM
In your dreams Raymondo dear...:D

Noodle

biddlebeach
05-07-2009, 10:29 PM
tree dorks,, haha,, too funny Ray!!
Are we supposed to be posting these as we work on them or are we keeping them a secret?
I have one done now, working on number two..

Charlie's Mum
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Mary - don't post until first one has been recieved by recipient - then I'll open a new thread for all the p/cards cos this one is very image-heavy already.
If you let me know when you've posted the first, I'll know to get the new thread ready with a link to this thread so we can find it any time we need it.

Ray - you really should have joined us y'know!!!!!!!!!! - look what you're missing out on! - all you'll be able to do is print 'em :smug:

If you do decide you want to be amongst the 'In-Crowd', we'll take a vote!!!! ;) ;)

LavenderFrost
05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Anyone else not even close to starting? :D I'm still deciding on my support.

susme48
05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Michelle....after the week from you know where....I am still treeless, clueless, brainless, etc.!! :) Maybe after this weekend...I hope!

noodle1
05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just got home from "Grandparents Day" at my youngest grandkids school, no painting today she wanted to come home with me since they will let them leave.

Michelle I'm sure there are, Pattie having her wonderful adventure traveling the country and I don't think she's started yet either. Not to worry there's plenty of time, and it must be true cause I'm saying it...LOL Generally I'm panicking..:D

Mary yeah hold on to them til you mail one or two or whatever, Maureen's right there is a bit of an "overload"...teehee may be why the gremilins had such a good time. Don't know about everyone else but I'm going to wait til I have them all, that way I'll draw from the hat, once...LO 8xs. But everyone can do what they want as far as when they'll start mailing them.

Elizabeth said she'd be taking some photos of her set up her show this weekend, she's very excited....The first walk through starts next Wednesday... Here's to great success Elizabeth!!

Okay have to go make lunch, go to market and maybe sometime tonight can paint. Have fun, see ya later!

Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Okay, I also will probably wait till they are all done to start sending them, as I probably will go eeny meenie miney mo,, as to which one goes in which envelope,,
sweet!
I won't post them on WOYE then,, should have asked before I posted my starts,,

Raymo
05-08-2009, 06:51 PM
In your dreams Raymondo dear...:D

Noodle

:music: be bi bicky bi be bi bo :music:

Raymo
05-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Ray - you really should have joined us y'know!!!!!!!!!! - look what you're missing out on! - all you'll be able to do is print 'em :smug:

If you do decide you want to be amongst the 'In-Crowd', we'll take a vote!!!! ;) ;)

Look into my eyes....deep deep into my eyes....youre getting sleepy....sleeeeeepy....make an extra one and send it to Raymo....you will awaken with an urge to go to the post office....and post a beautiful tree painting to RaymoLand....:evil:

PattiLou
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Michelle I'm sure there are, Pattie having her wonderful adventure traveling the country and I don't think she's started yet either. Not to worry there's plenty of time, and it must be true cause I'm saying it...LOL Generally I'm panicking..:D
Elaine
Hrumph! You have no faith in me. I got a pencil out and even started drawing. And I have a support out and my palette loaded with paint.:p Was going to get started this morning and then my hubby decided to he needed help... like every 5-minutes.:eek: Men are so helpless sometimes! Then it was time to go visit my mother (that's an adventure in itself) So what I have are some doodles and ideas. See there, I did get started, sort of. :rolleyes:

I found a Hobby Lobby right near the campground when we went grocery shopping last night, well only a few miles, like less than ten. I hear it calling my name. I think I might need a new brush, or... or a tube of paint, or a book, or just something... cause I got interupted 50 times this morning. What do ya'll think?
Patti (with no E :lol: )

biddlebeach
05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I say go for it Patti! with no E

biddlebeach
05-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh Golly, Ray,, after sharing a nice bottle of bubbly with hubby, that almost worked!! ALMOST

Raymo
05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Oh Golly, Ray,, after sharing a nice bottle of bubbly with hubby, that almost worked!! ALMOST

Dang it ! :p

biddlebeach
05-09-2009, 05:38 AM
hehe.

Kathrin G.
05-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Dang it ! :p

guess you better get tree painting yourself :lol: :lol: :lol:
like you could look at the bright side of it, for every stupid tree you paint, you get a pretty tree in return :p :lol:

edtree
05-09-2009, 08:11 AM
:wave: Morning All!

Great to see all the activity and fun going on! And, good to hear there's progress being made for many of you for the tree painting swap! I'm on painting number three now. I'm finding that I prefer to work larger, lol, but still, this has been a fun (and therapeutic) project so far!

Thanks for the clarification on the posting of the finished paintings, Maureen. I was wondering about that myself. I think I'm also going to wait to mail until I have all 8 finished. Drawing names out of a hat to decide who gets what sounds like a good plan too.

Elaine, thanks for keeping things afloat here. Bless you, my friend! I've got some pictures of the show set up; don't want to post all here since as Maureen mentioned, the thread is already very image heavy. Anyway, here is one that shows Morning Grace all framed up and displayed. Full days and week ahead. The show is only 6 days away!

Until soon - happy tree painting everyone!

Elizabeth

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-May-2009/94944-0234.JPG

PattiLou
05-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Thank you Elizabeth.

I hope your show goes well. Your painting looks stunning and I know all of your work will look fantastic at the show. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Kathrin G.
05-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Good luck with the show Elizabeth :thumbsup: I am sure it will be a success :)

noodle1
05-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Morning Elizabeth and classmates,

Elizabeth that is stunning, framed or otherwise...... and it's mine.....:D :smug:

Sorry Patt"i", fingers just go to wherever they want of late, mind is not so much present however! And it's not that I don't have faith in you at all!
Just said didn't think ya started yet..haha

Kathrin Raymo doesn't share apparently...lol but I like your philosophy, maybe if we can keep at him he will suddenly surprise us! Or never talk to any of us again...LOL

Okay lots of things going on here at the moment so probably any ground I've gained will be lost, will be checking back and forth, have fun guys!
Elizabeth enjoy getting ready to "wow" them, and you will!!

Later then,
Hugs,
Elaine

Raymo
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
TreeFreaks....

Look into my eyes....deep deep into my eyes....youre getting sleepy....sleeeeeepy....make an extra one and send it to Raymo....you will awaken with an urge to go to the post office....and post a beautiful tree painting to RaymoLand....:evil:

Be the first to land a spot in an....ummm....west coast gallery.

DO IT !!!

(depends on what i'm sharing....you weirdo....:wave:)

PattiLou
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey Elaine... I was just teasing ya know?

I get all of tomorrow morning to paint.:clap: :clap: :clap:

biddlebeach
05-11-2009, 11:04 PM
very nice! I have not been at my trees in a few days, got to get back to them! sigh,,

edtree
05-12-2009, 09:14 AM
:wave: My trees are on hold right now too, Mary. I hope to get back at it this coming weekend though!

So far, I've got 3 done!:D

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday!

Elizabeth

PattiLou
05-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Well my trees are frozen right now (the subjects, not the paintings, lol)

37 degrees and frost this morning, where did spring go? :eek:

noodle1
05-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone,

Matthew that is stunning! I've not gotten too far either Mary, but hopefully the worse is past with my grandkid and her being sick and I can get to work.

Hi Elizabeth tomorrow the artist's walk through right? Oh guys if you could see Elizabeth's paintings all set up, gorgeous!!!!!!! Our teacher is pretty amazing.

Wish I could share what she shared with me but we are kind of upload loaded...LOL But trust me everyone one beyond stunning.

The trees round me are really looking beautiful, their colors are so clear cause they're just coming to fullness, so they really are separate even in large groups. Every shade under the sun, beautiful time of year, wish I could go out an paint but none of them "flowering"..haha I just might anyway but need to get my 6 more completed, well maybe just will steal a little moment or two...LOL

Just checking in, see ya all later, happy painting.

Hugs,
Elaine

Kathrin G.
05-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Matthew, I like the changes you already made :thumbsup: but I think Elizabeth's ideas are excellent to consider :)

Elizabeth, you got already 3 done :eek: .......would be a good idea to take it easy and forget about trees for a while :smug:
You too Elaine, take a rest :wink2: Sounds like you need it after your busy week anyway ((hugs))
:lol: give at least me a chance to catch up :wink2: :lol:
I got one done, ruined the second one tho so got to start that from scratch again. Ah well, I am out sick for the week, might get a chance to catch up.

edtree
05-12-2009, 09:39 AM
:wave: Patti - not sure where you're at, but it was pretty darned chilly here this morning too! The threat of frost has not passed yet. Waiting to set out my poor ferns. Supposed to warm up to almost 70 here today so I'll wish for you the same!

:wave: Elaine - thank you for the high praise on my show's set up. It was such a struggle to get them all set. I may sneak one more photo (tree related of course) on here of the show itself (after Friday sometime). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good sales to cover all the costs of the stuff I bought to display with. :eek:

I'm hoping that your granddaughter is doing better; she has been in my thoughts and prayers.

I think the flowering trees are about spent around here. I got only one picture when I was out and about yesterday. Guess I'll have to pick from what has been gathered already for the remaining 5. I must say, this has been a great challenge. To make the flowers look right on the trees is not easy!

More later everyone!

Elizabeth

edtree
05-12-2009, 09:46 AM
:wave: Hi Kathrin!

Actually, considering all that's going on, these little paintings have been nice filler projects right now. Too, I'm pretty dead-line oriented, lol. Have to keep moving toward the goal.

Sorry to hear you're not well but hope you're able to at least paint trees! ! ! No worries about how many you've got done; that will just make the process stressful. If you want to make these more inspiring for you, why not add horses to your tree paintings. I don't think any of the recipients would mind.:lol:

Elizabeth

susme48
05-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, at least all of you started...:lol: I need to get my butt in gear!!

Charlie's Mum
05-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi Tree-gang:wave:

Elizabeth, why not open a Show Thread so we can all see your work - you're a regular, a class-leader and anyway, we'd like to see all the paintings! The one you showed here is gorgeous!

Elaine, sorry about the g'd being poorly, hope she's on the mend now.

Kathrin - you too huh? Hope you haven't got the bug hubby and I have! swine flu can't be as bad as this!!! Hope the week off does you good and you're soon well again.

I just wanted to die on Sunday! I couldn't see for swollen eyes and I went through a couple of large boxes of tisues!:lol: Now I have an awful cough and the voice is feeble - I think that hypnosis Ray was trying sent out the wrong vibes!!! However, today I felt well enough to try tree #2 - from my garden.
Yuck - having probs with the greens - too much, too hard and I'll have to work on it more.
ANY SUGGESTIONS WARMLY WELCOMED COS I'M NOT THINKING VERY CLEARLY!!!!! (... short of binning it - it's not that bad!:lol:)

I'll look in later - the two of us are trying to find the energy to cook a meal! Better go stir the pot! ;)

noodle1
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Elizabeth high praise is easy for your work! And thank you for both, she's better breathing wise and that was the real complication everyone worried about.

Maureen she is better thank you, but I'm soo sorry you're not feeling well, an hubby too. I think that hypnosis Ray was trying sent out the wrong vibes!!! Well we can just change that by blowing it away...all together now for Maureen, hubby and Kathrin...hearts always work!
http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/Smilies/BlowHeart3d.gif

Sorry got nothing for the greens...lol

Since we all know we're painting trees don't think it's unacceptable to be a little creative, plus it keeps ya going some I think. Horses in with the tree a good one, or a bough with flowers on it, or an interesting tree that doesn't have flowers, shape wise. The flowering trees around here didn't stay long either, but don't feel you're between a rock and a hard place, I'm sure no one would mind how ya do it...LOL Can't exclude lilacs or some other exotic ones that may only get to four feet tall but they're called trees...I like to stretch things when my back against the wall. Just have fun and be creative, some bark, few leaves and a flower or too that should do it....:D

Okay now I am in trouble with Elizabeth...lol

Back to tweaking nature.:lol:

Later,
Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Elaine! so happy you said that,, I had one in particular I had wanted to paint, but was unsure if I should or not,,
sweet! Thanks!
Back to it,, hopefully tonight, if not, then for sure, tomorrow!

susme48
05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Yes, Elizabeth...open a show thread...I just love seeing your work!!!

Elaine, also glad that your granddaughter is getting better!! I am still thinking of ways to be creative, and maybe 'local' with my trees. Might surprise ya'...if I ever get the time to start...:lol:

Charlie's Mum
05-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the hearts Elaine - and the good wishes!

Glad we're thinking the same way about the trees too - I already have a couple of crops of part of my apple tree with flowers and part of my laburnum, with seedheads ......... well, they'll be different anyway! :lol:

Night-night all http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/30494-bed_time_smilie.gif

susme48
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Maureen, I hope you sleep well and feel better soon...somehow I missed your post...so many interruptions here!!

Raymo
05-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I think that hypnosis Ray was trying sent out the wrong vibes!!!

I didnt do nuffin, I get blamed for everything....:angel:

PattiLou
05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh No! I'm so sorry that the yukkies have spread to here. {{{hugs}}}

Elizabeth, we are staying in Richmond, Indiana while we visit family in Ohio. The campground in Ohio was full for the rest of May and Richmond is just across the border. Family all has the yukkies too, but since we are only here for a short time to visit, and we have to use that time, I am using excessive amounts of hand sanitizer. I think I used a whole bottle already.:o

I thought there might be trees with blossoms in my mom's neighborhood, there usually is, but they are gone and turning green. Dang, I missed getting some pictures. Not to be foiled I downloaded tons of pictures to study the shapes of trees and now I am in the process of transplanting those shapes to new landscapes.:lol:

I was having trouble getting my brain around not having a whole tree in the painting, but when I looked at the Old Masters and other painters I admire, I noticed that they have trees going out the top or side of the paintings. Isn't it wierd how you sometimes get hung up on something? Or maybe it is just me.:p

Ok Elaine, I hear you cracking the whip. I'm going back to my corner to work on little tiny trees.... but I'm not doing a horse... unless it is a stick horse.:D

Edited to add: Ray you could stay out of trouble by painting trees with us.:rolleyes:

noodle1
05-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks Matthew, hope you stay well too, seems like it's everywhere.
Could you imagine arranging all the paintings here in one big one, I actually thought of that but couldn't post it, would be fun trying to get it all to work seamlessly..lol

Patti you're hearing things LOL I always paint off the page..hahaha just wait you'll see..:D I'll make sure I send you the twig with the leaf on it..kidding lol

Raymo my man chipper up you don't get blamed for "everything", most but not everything. :D

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Nothing like a challenge Elaine....hmmmmm! Give me a day or so....:)

noodle1
05-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Sue, you're the lady of the impossible..lol and last minute for you is well your advantage I'm thinking..you got lots of days, I never worry bout you...lol
Do worry a lot bout me tho!

Elizabeth hope the walk through fun today, all your efforts will shine I'm sure. Enjoy!

Have a great day everyone, be productive..lol which means nothing more then getting up for me...LOL That's a good start I'm thinking...hahaha

Later,
Hugs,
Elaine

LavenderFrost
05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I hope you're getting better Maureen. I got with hit with the flu on Friday, I was just shivering all evening and hot all night. Tired and weak all weekend. Now I'm left with a cough, which will probably be a lingering one.

I still didn't even get something to paint on. I don't get into the city very often. I'm starting something else (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=13251) in the meantime which is already driving me crazy...err, crazier.

Charlie's Mum
05-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Matthew - so sorry, I think I forgot to compliment you on that painting - really good too!

Michelle - sorry to hear 'you got it' - it is yuk! My breathing sounds like the Scottish bagpipes warming up!!!!! :lol:
Breathing in steam helps - even add some vapor-rub to the boiling water:D

Took some photos of our white and lilac lilac trees this pm - why can't I get the balance right in my camera? Colour is so wrong!!! Will get the book out :rolleyes:

susme48
05-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Michelle...sorry you are sick!!! That 'something else' is gonna be a doozy to paint!! But I know you can do it!!

Maureen...sorry you are still feeling sick!!

I know I am tired of the constantly changing highs and lows, my head goes bonkers with each change...and I am dreaming of a day with no headache...I think I remember what it was like...:lol:

noodle1
05-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Took a break, been painting for almost er half hour..lol

I think Michelle and I should be allowed to draw on the computer...hahaha
I have all kinds of acrylics on there, much faster..okay never mind.

Michelle that darn flu just hitting everyone, feel better, and maybe get the cough checked out if it doesn't let up. Hugs. That reference is gorgeous and I give you a hand already, that would drive me nuts too. Just bought a couple of books on painting crystal, ah there they sit, something I've always wanted to try. Eventually..lol Good luck with it, bet it'll be great!

Maureen have you been to the doctor's, I'm not so good at going myself but this has gotten way out of hand for so many, be careful with it please.
My lilacs already done..*sigh*. Color balance, have to say that's why I have Photo Shop, yeah reading the book could work..:) For me too!

Okay break over..haha I am just so scattered today three strokes and I'm reading the paint tube :lol:

OOPs missed ya Sue, cross posted I guess. HI!!! Headaches the worse, I agree high and lows enough already..haha

Hugs,
Elaine

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Maureen and Michelle, hope you both feel better soon :grouphug:
Susan, send your headache my way, my new meds are class in making big pain go small :wink2:
Elizabeth, thinking of you. I am sure it will be great.
Elaine, thanks for keeping this thread going so smoothly :clap: Go on, take another painting break :wink2:
Think I better get started again myself now tho :rolleyes: Back to a fresh start on it ........

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif

Charlie's Mum
05-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey Sue - what a magnificent birch forest!

Good health wishes to the Sick Club! :lol:

Elaine - I usually do the adjusting in PSP, like Photoshop - but I'm not sure it's as good! ...... read the camera book!!

Got another tree sketched this evening but but when I started to paint my forearm kept cramping and wouldn't uncramp! Does that happen to anyone else? I think it's through working on a small scale all the time ;) Need to let loose and go big!! ;)

Elaine - I hate seeing doctors! Did have an appointment for something else on Monday and mentioned my cold but that was before the cough started and I thought I was over the hump!! I'm on the mend now though ;)

Ah well, out for lunch with g'friends tomorrow so I might get to paint late afternoon.
Bye :wave:

PattiLou
05-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Wow Michelle... your 'something else' is going to be deliciously beautiful. I would go bonkers trying that but have a hankering to try crystal sometime.

Hope everyone gets well soon. I had a headache today, but it is just because of the weather... pouring down rain at the moment.:(

Back to work now.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2009/125378-1004.gif

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 06:58 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Susan :clap: :clap: :clap:
this is one pretty forest :)
Hope you are doing the other ones too [hint, hint] :lol:
Maureen, have fun at the lunch tomorrow :) Glad to hear you are starting to feel better.
Patti, oh no, another headache patient :eek: Hope you are better soon and the rain clears off.
Should have painted trees today.....didn't tho :o Ah well, tomorrow.....I hope...I try.....:lol:

noodle1
05-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey, hey Sue, way to go girl, that looks fantastic. Yeah it was kind of what I was thinking, I would have be obscene and tried to work them all in...hahaha
Mural size..roflol You did a great job on that, how fun, thanks my friend!

Kathrin think I got your stiff neck, are we falling apart or what..LOL

Maureen I will read the book, or call my son. LOL Glad you're feeling better and I don't like doctors at all, had enough of them..haha have fun tomorrow and enjoy lunch.

Did get my 3rd one started but at three strokes every five hours not going very quickly..haha

Kathrin my favorite saying is "there is always tomorrow" so far I've been right...LOL

Have a good night everyone, see ya later,

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks, Maureen and Kathrin!! Working on the hint!

Thought I would keep the seasons together, Elaine...:lol: Tho' I might get crazy with the dress a tree ones, since I have more single trees and full sized ones. Guess you will just have to wait and see....unless anyone objects to my continuing? Guess if they do, then Maureen still has her magic! :)

nithya_swamy
05-14-2009, 05:32 AM
Susan thats a lovely forest, great to see so many different styles together.:) I am yet to start the trees, just in no hurry at all :D Finalized on some references, but wanted to do a portrait of my daughter instead! I'd put my toddler to shame with my concentration span :D Now that the portrait is almost done, I am getting to the trees right away.

Elizabeth, three done!! Take some rest :)

edtree
05-14-2009, 06:50 AM
:wave: Morning Everyone!

The walk through went well except in rained on us for most of it. My hair was a fright by the time we got to mine, which was last on the list. Lots of good responses though from the other artists about my paintings. The most popular were the Birch Trees and Amulet on Lace. Two painting that were born from MTM threads!!!!! :clap: YaY!:clap: Tomorrow is the real show - I have some last minute details to attend to but I'll be ready. I'm looking forward to it but will be glad when its over.

:wave: Thanks for the suggestion to open a thread on the main board for the show pics Maureen. I may do that though not without guilt as I haven't been very active and supportive lately. I might just post them on my website and supply a link. Decisions decisions. :lol:

Sorry to hear so many of you have been under the weather! It almost seems like an epidemic! I'm almost afraid to say I feel lucky I haven't caught it. Hope you are all on the other side of the yucks by now. And Elaine, I hope that your granddaughter is better too!

:wave: Patti - I'll bet you're not too far from me. We're in Southern Michigan, not too far from Northern Indiana or Ohio! No wonder we're getting the same weather. Wish I had more time and a better car; I'd be tempted to take a drive to meet you. I've yet to meet in person a fellow WCer. Someday though...

:wave: Susan - Our birch forest is awesome! My gosh, it looks almost seamless! You do exceptional work with this kind of thing. Just another one of your talents shining through. Thank you for putting this together for us.:heart:

No more flowering trees done since the last post. All painting is on hold because everything I have to paint on (easels/tables) are at the show site, lol! So, this is your chance to catch up and pass me.:lol:

:wave: A big wave hello to Mary, Ray, Kathrin, Matthew, Nithya and Michelle! Elaine, I will write soon and catch up! Hope I haven't missed anyone. I'll be back probably on Saturday!

Until soon,

Elizabeth

LavenderFrost
05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Susan, nice job on the birch forest.

I still have a cough. Everyone around here who has gotten this flu keep coughing for a long time, so I know it won't go away soon. Won't stop us from taking the camper up to the lake this weekend though. At least I'll be looking at trees.

Charlie's Mum
05-14-2009, 01:45 PM
though not without guilt as I haven't been very active and supportive lately.

Eeeeh - what rot girl! You've kept this thread/classroom going long past it's allotted span - if that's not support and being active, I don't know what is!!!!!!!!! Tish-tosh m'lady!!!

I'm sending good vibes for the show and the sales - it's a stressful, but exciting, time for you :D

Michelle - enjoy the trip - the coughing just goes on and on - but maybe the fresh air will be good for you.

HI everyone else - just off to make dinner - lunch for me was very nice (friend-wise) not so good food-wise, but that's par for the course where we go ... it's all fancy stuff and can't get a good, old-fashioned sandwich! :rolleyes:
I let the others do the talking because my voice keeps disappearing!

See you all in the Woods ;) ;)

Raymo
05-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Susan, nice job on the birch forest.

I still have a cough. Everyone around here who has gotten this flu keep coughing for a long time, so I know it won't go away soon. Won't stop us from taking the camper up to the lake this weekend though. At least I'll be looking at trees.

Took me forever to get rid of my cough....:mad:

Dont forget the Vapo-Rub on the bottoms of

your feet at night. You wont cough and youll

sleep better.

susme48
05-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks, Nithya! That portrait is lovely (am ashamed to say I am still working on the last of the "Christmas" ones...and have now missed birthday and mothers day...sigh!)!

Thanks, Elizabeth!! Hope your show goes wonderfully!!!!

Li'l Brown
05-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi everybody!!!

Look at all the activity that has been going on here!!! I have been reading since page 47 and my eyes are nearly crossed from all the posts. The past few weeks have been crazy... had my bf's parents here for a week, then I was preparing for an interview, and then I was trying to work to make up the time I missed when our company was here.

Just wanted to ask... if, and I say IF, I was to want to take part in the swap... well first of all is it even a possibility? I think there are 9 participants now unless I missed a post somewhere, which is possible.

I'll wait on an answer to this before I ask anything else, cause it might be a moot point. No worries if it is too late- them's the breaks and I will still enjoy following along. I haven't picked up a brush in 3 weeks at least and it's high time I got back at it, whatever the subject!

Will check back in a bit!

Jesslyn

biddlebeach
05-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't see a problem, if no one else does.

Kathrin G.
05-14-2009, 06:03 PM
me neither :) would just mean I better get my brushes into tree painting motion instead of horses :lol:
weeeeeee........http://www.pic4ever.com/images/th_running1.gif..........:lol:

Li'l Brown
05-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi Mary and Kathrin! Thanks for chiming in :) It's just such a great project... and I love the thought of having work from you wonderful WC friends. Will await the verdict from the rest of the jurors :D

susme48
05-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Somehow I crossed with a few of you....

Thanks Michelle!! Hope you feel better fast!

Eeeeh - what rot girl! You've kept this thread/classroom going long past it's allotted span - if that's not support and being active, I don't know what is!!!!!!!!! Tish-tosh m'lady!!! Amen to that!! Elizabeth...just concentrate on that show, and we'll be here, muddling along, or "wood that be just leafing around?" (I know that was bad!)

Jesslyn...not a prob for me...I have not even had time to start...so...that makes 3 votes :)

edtree
05-14-2009, 07:34 PM
:wave: A chance to have a Jesslyn tree painting? You bet! Add another yes!:thumbsup:

Elizabeth

noodle1
05-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Okay Jesslyn I'm in, we already have the addresses for each other, we'll need to send you those and get yours for each of us. I can send you the list or Maureen can and maybe you could just pm us on the list with yours, whatever the headmaster says...LOL Obviously I've voted "yes" too!...hahaha Yay!

Well the rain must be worth something, hope so it's gonna do it all weekend here, I just finished my 4th, but I'm gonna slow down cause have to wait for more panels to arrive. Ended up using the few ampersand ones I had and the new watercolor ones.

I think you would like them Maureen, even the acrylics lift..lol thats why I don't do watercolors but they do work, cold press surface. For me it takes a bit of getting use to. Elizabeth you might like them too. Three in a pack for like 5 and change, 5x7 kind of good to have around..lol Cradled ones too I think and of course all sizes.

Elizabeth all the best tomorrow! Hope you enjoy the day, the weather cooperates and you sell big, course they can look at mine but can't touch..:D :lol: Applaud yes but no touching..:heart:

Okay back to work. Oh don't know if anyone interested but that little warehouse I order from has a nice sale on the Derivan Matisse acrylics, structure and flow tube, some like 2+ and 3+ a tube. They really are nice paints, just some of the Australian colors a bit different but most pretty even with other brands. Here's the link if ya want to take a peek. Old Holland having a sale on another site, I'm running there..lol

http://www.aswexpress.com/discount-art-supplies/online/3422/art-supplies/3

Catch ya all later,
Hugs,
Elaine

PattiLou
05-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Make it 5-votes.:thumbsup:
And I better learn to paint faster.:D

Ooops! Better type faster too, Elaine beat me to the post button.:o

susme48
05-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Man, I cannot type OR paint fast enough to keep up with this class...:lol:

PattiLou
05-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Elizabeth, I just went back and read your post and saw where you ordered from ASW. I hope you have better luck than I did with my last order. It took over a month to get everything and if you call them you are lucky to get an answering machine where they tell you to leave the pertinent information and they will return your call... NOT! That's after being on hold forever and ever. They never returned my call and I left a message twice, sent emails, etc. I'm not happy with them... can you tell? :mad:

edtree
05-14-2009, 08:42 PM
:wave: I must be losing it. I don't remember anything about ordering from ASW. Which post was it Patti? And what did I order :lol: !

Elizabeth

PattiLou
05-14-2009, 08:55 PM
:wave: I must be losing it. I don't remember anything about ordering from ASW. Which post was it Patti? And what did I order :lol: !

Elizabeth

Ack, I meant Elaine. Must have been thinking about you.:heart:

Where is your show?

edtree
05-14-2009, 09:12 PM
:wave: Patti...well...it could of been true, I AM a Gemini, hehehehe.:lol: Your post did prompt me to take a look at their site though. Some good deals. I'll be anxious now to hear how Elaine's order goes.

My show is in downtown Battle Creek (Michigan). If you (or anyone here) happens to be in the vicinity, the address is 38 E. Michigan Ave. but there will be lots and lots of other artists showing in other businesses and buildings along the main drag, musicians at various points, sidewalk chalk artists, etc. A real sha-bang! Should be loads of fun!

Thanks for asking, and for thinking of me:D !

Elizabeth

Kathrin G.
05-14-2009, 09:24 PM
good luck tomorrow Elizabeth :wave: we will be all thinking of you :thumbsup:

biddlebeach
05-14-2009, 10:10 PM
good luck tomorrow Elizabeth :wave: we will be all thinking of you :thumbsup:

Ditto!

Li'l Brown
05-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Well, I have six out of the nine participants who've said yes (thank you!). Still to hear from... Michelle, Maureen and Nithya, I believe. Don't keep me hangin' ladies :D

Kathrin G.
05-15-2009, 08:27 AM
good morning class :wave:
I finally got my references sorted and got all my supports cut to size :smug: Did enough to accommodate all possible participants :wink2: :)
Was going to use the mountboard I ordered on Sunday but it still didn't get here :mad: It is only coming from Dublin and should have been here yesterday by right. Got e-mail notification that it was dispatched Tuesday.
Ah well, doing them all now on Acrylic paper, hope nobody minds :o

edtree
05-15-2009, 08:40 AM
:wave: Morning Everyone! One last post before heading out for the whirlwind this day will undoubtedly become. :eek:

:wave: Thanks for the good wishes for tonight Mary and Kathrin! :D

:wave: Jesslyn - go ahead and consider yourself "in." Majority rules, lol, and I'm sure the others won't mind. We had originally intended for 10-12 participants anyway.

:wave: Kathrin - The three I've done so far are on watercolor paper and I'm sure there will be others that choose paper as well. I may try a few on different support later, and you can too once you get your order. Nothing says they all have to be on the same material. :)

Okay All, go forth and paint great trees. I'll be back tomorrow!

Elizabeth

noodle1
05-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Morning all,

Patti I've never had a problem with them and I've been ordering for over a year. If they don't have something they tell you, and I always select the option to not hold up an order because of a back order. The best and fastest is FineArt.com they're in Rochester NY but there the tax is like everywhere in this state absolutely obscene plus shpg. n handling makes it twice as costly, same with Dick Blick, now to me they take forever n tax you on the shp as well. Fine Art doesn't have a lot of things I use but they call you, they're good but the other way cheaper.

I shop around a lot...lol Other then going into the city I haven't too many options here anymore but I generally go back to ASW, I've had no problems at all, I'm sorry you did. But generally I'm never really in a hurry for my stuff too so maybe that's it. I've sent some stuff to other people as well and it was delivered on the date they said so don't know. I'll go where it's cheap..lol er..found a new one the other day for Old Holland acrylics and since I'm so in love with them will give them a try. Think I've shopped everywhere possible on line..:lol:

Elizabeth have a good showing today!!

Jesslyn can't imagine it not being okay with them too, Maureen usually checks in regularly, the rest of us are always chatting here too, but if ya don't hear Elizabeth or I can pm them and see what they say, see what the day offers, maybe they'll be checking in, if not we'll give em a shout out! LOL
Know ya'd like to get started! Elizabeth is right, majority rules..haha

Okay time to be busy.
Hugs,
Elaine

Li'l Brown
05-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Good morning class!
I am pretty excited to be part of this project (although already lagging well behind :P) Looks like my weekend is planned out for me!

A couple of quick questions:
1. What size should the paintings be?
2. Does it matter what the support is?

I know it's been covered already and I could just go back and read but there were a lot of ideas being tossed around back there and I want to make sure I get it right.

Elizabeth, good luck today!!!

EDIT: I found the rules in post #846. Elaine, I will pm you with my address today.

Charlie's Mum
05-15-2009, 11:12 AM
HI Jesslyn (and all!) - sent the addresses to you Jesslyn - we just need yours now :D

Work on any support - just consider you'll be paying the postage :lol: - ordinary envelope type - A5-ish size cos the max painting size is 5x7".

Elaine - I haven't seen those little panels over here but I'll check other suppliers.

Couldn't paint yesterday cos my forearm was still cramping - maybe I'll have to use my non-dominant hand :D

Thinking of you Elizabeth and hoping the weather is kind. :grouphug:

Ah well, 2 and a bit down, 6 and a bit to do :lol: :lol:

Kathrin G.
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Maureen, hope your arm gets better soon ((hugs)) you might wanna get someone to look at it if you dont know what causes it tho.
Those Ambersand panels are much talked about, dont think we can get them around this side of the world tho and shipping across the big water might not be soo cheep either :rolleyes:

I got still only 1 finished, but I got 3 very roughly sketched out with pencil now as well :lol: now if I could concentrate on trees instead of horses :cool: ...........

edited to add : seems it is official now :
welcome on board Jesslyn :wave: :clap:

susme48
05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Maybe this weekend I can get a start on them...sigh!! Will depend on the Bubba behaviors!!

Li'l Brown
05-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome Kathrin and Maureen and everyone! Glad to be part of the fun. Now to get my butt in gear! I have some catching up to do.

noodle1
05-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi again, Maureen just sent you Jesslyn's address, I read my pm before I came back in here. Well being that I have to send you a "tree"..lol I can send ya a small sample to try too. Tho hopefully it's not the "small" that's making your arm cramp, but at the same time hope that's all that's doing it.

Kathrin which one of the Ampersand's were you interested in, got my own warehouse going on this side of the pond..LOL

I played hooky from trees and finished my cp drawing, well all but the background, didn't think I wanted one and by gum never thought about needing one..lol Now back to trees.

Jesslyn just pm'd you back, someone will get your address out..lol just sent it to Maureen. haha

See ya later,
Hugs,
Elaine

Striver
05-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I am missing your tree postings, have you become a chat thread (joking)
Les

LavenderFrost
05-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Well, I have six out of the nine participants who've said yes (thank you!). Still to hear from... Michelle, Maureen and Nithya, I believe. Don't keep me hangin' ladies :D

Yes, of course. :D

susme48
05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
We will get back to the trees Les....tho' rumor has it that this thread is kind of 'picture heavy'. Besides, would WE chat and or joke, when we should be working????

Yep, we would....:lol::angel:

Raymo
05-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Heyyyy TreeDorks, dont forget.....extras are encouraged.....:thumbsup:

(Raymo you still gots it, you is a sweet talkin man)

noodle1
05-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I just sent everyone Jesslyn's address, but just in case I missed somebody..lol
I'm telling ya go look....LOL

OH Raymo my man you are persistent and delusional as well. LOL
I'm willing to send ya the one I screwed up, should fit the "stupid" description perfectly..haha Kind of in pieces tho, hey a puzzle to wile away your hours! :D

Okay guys dinner time and I'm the cook.
See ya later,
Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Did we ever get Elizabeth's address? Did I blink and miss it?

Kathrin G.
05-16-2009, 06:41 AM
we did, but if you blinked and missed it ,you got it now :wink2:

PattiLou
05-16-2009, 08:36 AM
we did, but if you blinked and missed it ,you got it now :wink2:
I checked again and I'm sure I didn't blink.:D Still don't have it.:confused:

Morning all. We have droopy trees this morning from all the rain.

noodle1
05-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi guys,

Patti we got the same thing, yesterday was great now back to dismal...lol

Okay even if you get it twice I'll send ya Elizabeth's address. I got it from Maureen and I know she was sending them out to everyone, but just in case..lol I'll do it now.

later gang,
Hugs,
Elaine

PattiLou
05-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks Elaine... Got it now.:thumbsup:

noodle1
05-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Think I got everyone...if not give me a holler..lol

Thanks for letting me know Patti..

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks, Kathrin and Elaine!! I appreciate it!!

Kathrin G.
05-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I had it of Maureen too :) ......and now you got it twice Susan :lol: :lol: :lol:

nithya_swamy
05-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Yes Jesslyn, of course :D Welcome and have fun!

biddlebeach
05-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Raymo my man..... hmmmm
like them enough to paint one, would be interesting yes! You already have the title, Stupid Madrone...do it!!! :D :lol: :lol:

Noodles :clap::clap::clap: yeh Ray!! do it!:thumbsup:

Raymo
05-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Hiya, BB and Noodles....:wave:

I think a Madrone would be hard to paint.

Stupid Madrone is an excellent title though.

I've seen a Green Heron fly over the house,

that's the bird in the stupid bird painting. He

shore is a purdy bird. Later freaks...Raymondo

" The Ladies Man "

noodle1
05-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Morning all,

Just checking in. Maureen hope that cough under control and leaving asap.

Raymo how hard could it be....LOL notice I'm not saying I'll try it tho...lol
Ladies Man, yes well, not the ladies who lunch..:eek:

When the Green Heron makes another pass if I were you I'd duck! :lol:

Noodles

susme48
05-18-2009, 01:47 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charlie's Mum
05-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Ditto - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ray - I've painted a madrone tree a few years ago - in W/c .... so, if I can paint one, then you can too :smug:

Sick Parade Roll Call please .....

Me - still coughing and wheezing :rolleyes:

Kathrin G.
05-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Hope you are better soon Maureen ((hugs))
I am feeling better :) Headache is as good as gone, neck/back/shoulder pain still there. Get the feeling my Boss at work is trying to wrap me in cotton wool tho :lol:
Painted the 2. tree, it's not finished but close :)
no painting done today tho :rolleyes:

noodle1
05-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi Sue, Maureen, Kathrin all the tree gang, we need a tree house for club meetings. Where's a light bulb icon when ya need one, lol hmmm I'll have to go visit my Painter software...lol

Maureen think it's time to relent and go see a doctor, I'm sure they can give you something to be rid of that annoying and I'm sure painful cough.:( Mine sure was.

Kathrin glad the headache almost gone but really sorry the neck and shoulder not better. :(

Well believe it or not I've got my fifth one started, :eek: I'm surprising myself..lol

Dinner time and the cook's busy yakking so I guess should go for now.
Have a good night see ya later.

Hugs,
Elaine

Li'l Brown
05-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi gang!
Well I am enjoying the last of this gorgeous day and sad to see the end of the long weekend (Victoria Day). However, on the positive side, I started 2 paintings. One is nearly done and the other has the skeleton in place and is ready to be dressed. But not tonight... I have a movie sitting on the coffee table waiting to be watched and a fella waiting to watch it with me. A glass of rose might go down nicely, come to think of it...

...and I'm off! Hope you all get over your various maladies really soon. Being sick sucks (and so do allergies but at least mine will go away without a trip to le docteur).

Later taters!

Jesslyn

susme48
05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Only thing making me sick is this dang portrait of my kids...sigh!! I want to paint trees instead...but any more than six months late for Christmas, and I might as well wait till next Christmas...sigh! Am feeling guilty! Sigh!! But at least I have some references I like...maybe that will make it go fast if I ever get started.

When did we say they were to be done?

noodle1
05-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi Jesslyn, hmmm sounds better then painting trees...did I say that!! LOL

Not to worry Sue, end of July and I know how much you really want to finish that portrait, no guilt, do what ya have to do and relax we'll wait for ya!! We said more time if necessary and we each have our addresses so deep breath and have a hug.

Okay I'm bad and I know it but couldn't resist, came out of my mouth and just jumped into my stylus, here's our T & F Gang treehouse...had the tree so.. But Maureen if too much on here already just remove it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2009/139027-TREE-HOUSE.jpg

Hugs,
Elaine

Raymo
05-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Oh, that looks like fun.

I will be the ladder holder.

biddlebeach
05-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Ray!! you just wanna look up our skirts!!
LOL

susme48
05-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Love it Elaine!! Sure Ray...we'll let you hold the ladder....uh huh...when you finish the stupid bird, the stupid whatever....then we will!!

Li'l Brown
05-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Love the new digs Elaine! A fer real clubhouse! Do I see a "No Boys Allowed" sign? Or wait... putting my glasses on... it says "No Rays Allowed"! Aw, we could let him come up if he brings treats, couldn't we? Like, a stupid tree painting???

lol Mary, good one! Note to self - Another good reason to never wear a skirt.

Good luck with your portrait Sue, you'll get it done!

Charlie's Mum
05-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Lol at the treehouse Elaine - I'll take up residence soon as I've done my Floral monthly project!

Ray - bad boy - did ya think to fool us eh? :lol: ....... as Sue says, when you've done ...... ;) ......... and on that day we'll all wear trousers ;) ;) - we have a kilt for you though ;)

Elaine - I'm being naughty and taking DH's cough meds ;) - definitely helps, didn't cough during the night :D :smug:

Kathrin - hugs to you and hope the pain goes soon - miserable :(

Good movie Jesslyn?

Lunch time - and my tum says 'hungry'!

LavenderFrost
05-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi all, just checking in. Came home from the lake yesterday after staying two nights. I was afraid my coughing would keep the whole campground awake at night, lol. Yet hubby slept through it all. Nothing I've tried could relieve it, not even the Vicks vaporub. It's like an itchy feeling deep down that once in a while gets to be too much and sends me into a coughing fit. Last night and this morning, though, it was more of a tickley feeling that led to sneezing, and I hope that's a sign of things getting better.

Maureen and Kathrin, I hope you both feel better soon, and anyone else if you are feeling under the weather.

Anyway, I'm still deciding on my support. Nice treehouse there! Good thing I always wear pants. Not sure if we want to put a kilt on Ray. :lol: Just make him bring snacks.

Raymo
05-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Alrighty then....so let it be said....so let it be done....henceforth and forever more....Raymo will be the official treehouse ladder holder. Oh boy, things are looking up, hehe....:lol:

noodle1
05-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Oh boy, things are looking up, hehe.... Yes but not Raymo!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Linda,
Wow that is a spectacular tree, no wonder your "fav". Thank you for posting it. Come in anytime and join in, even if not painting trees for posting at the moment we still manage to have some fun. And if you want to post something we'd love it, or just to join the gang in our new "tree house"...LOL

Michelle, that cough seems to be sticking like glue to many I know. Friend of mine said that real honey has helped her tickling, wasn't doing much for the cough itself but the instances were lessened. Honey actually very good, bacteria can't grow in it. I sure hope it goes away and soon.

Maureen I'm happy to hear you got a good nights sleep, naughty or not so long as it works!!! Raymo in a kilt! :lol: Cannae move for laughin' here at the thought of it! :D

Well what I planned for the day was kind of turned upside down, didn't paint a stroke, but there's always tonight. Be well everyone see ya later.

Hugs,
Elaine

Raymo
05-19-2009, 05:15 PM
If I have to wear a kilt, i'm going commando....:evil:

objectivistartist
05-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Hah - a Bond ye'll never be...:rolleyes:

biddlebeach
05-19-2009, 08:24 PM
If I have to wear a kilt, i'm going commando....:evil:
oh man,, Biddle hides her yes in total embarrassment,

Li'l Brown
05-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Well Ray you've left yourself open (excuse the pun :lol: :eek: ) for a lot of zingers with that commando statement. However, being the lady I am (snort), I will resist my impulse to blurt out something completely inappropriate and just let this one go. :eek: :angel: Elaine, I throw the ball to you! :evil:

I better get back to painting trees.

susme48
05-20-2009, 03:47 AM
Oh my!!! Straight lines.....arggggg!!!