PDA

View Full Version : New W & N acrylic paints

sashntash
05-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Several months ago, there was a thread asking for people's thoughts on using the new W & N acrylic paints - from those on the other side of the Pond who have been able to purchase it.

The thread was suddenly closed by the Mods without explanation.

I've searched and gone back 25 pages and I can't find it.

Since this new paint is supposed to be available on this side of the Pond in June, I sure would love to hear what those who have used it have to say.

I find it very odd that an innocuous thread on a new paint should be closed for months with no reason given by the Mods.

theonoe
05-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I was following that thread also with great interest.

Theo

~~Kathleen
05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
You might want to Google W & N .
you might get something that way!

sashntash
05-22-2009, 10:52 PM
You might want to Google W & N .
you might get something that way!
I'm sure I could, but why should I have to?

That's why I come to WetCanvas... to read discussions about things like the new W & N acrylic paints....

I sure wish a Mod would at least have the courtesy to tell us why the thread was locked and removed.

I can't think of a single reason why such a discussion should not take place.

The silence from the Mods is deafening... this is ridiculous.

Are Theo and I the only ones who are interested in such a discussion???

I'll put the question out there for anyone BRAVE enough to answer.

If you have used the new W & N acrylic paints, would you let us know how you like it or dislike it? How is it different from the Finity line? What is the consistency? How long does it stay workable?

Thank you in advance !!!

~~Kathleen
05-22-2009, 11:46 PM
I sure wish a Mod would at least have the courtesy to tell us why the thread was locked and removed. Or, you could show the Mods some courtesy and pm them and ask them nicely why the thread is not here any more.
Being argumentative with them is not the way to approach this matter.

As for W & N new line, it has not been released in North America as of yet.
(Not 'till June if I am not mistaken)
You would do much better asking at a European/British forum.
~~Kathleen

Adey
05-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Being a Brit, there are many of us on here you know Kathleen, and a Finity user, I'd be interested in the differences as well.

I fail to see how sasntash is being argumentative, but you are. Isn't this supposed to be an open forum?

timelady
05-23-2009, 06:52 AM
a simple search (winsor newton) brought up quite a these threads in seconds:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560521&highlight=winsor+newton
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503066&highlight=winsor+newton

sashntash
05-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Thank you timelady !!!

That first thread is the one I was looking for. No one has replied to it since it was put back in April, so it must have fallen much further back than the 25 pages that I looked in.

I had an extremely bad day yesterday and I should not have taken out my frustration and anger on the Mods.

I sincerely apologize.

I'll bump the old thread back to the first page and see if we can get the discussion rolling again.

and let this one die.... thanks !!!