GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: colorful life
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
sorry for the glare, and the real thing does not have so much canvas showing and no weave patte<br> like in the pics<br><br>I think her arm is too long, but am not changing it, as it has driven me nuts already. <br><br>Still messing with the green area, and bottom co<br>er that is not water.<br><br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything?

Paulafv
05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Beautiful portrait. I think her left arm could easily be corrected by altering the angle / that way. Acrylics are so forgiving, it would be a wink and a blink and you'd be done. It would be worth your while to spend another few minutes on it, probably less than an hour, and you'll never be entirely happy until you do. (I always consider a correction as a learning exercise - learning how to best do it, and trying to remember not to do that particular thing again.) Good luck and show your results.

StellaLenoir
05-17-2009, 09:52 PM
like do you mean take some of the bend out? Could you explain more? I would like to fix it but am at a loss as to 'how' and her hands are NOT as big as they look in the 2nd pic, I think the canvas is angled

cbcarnell
05-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I was wondering if the tilt of the canvas was making the arms and the hands look larger than they should be, but regardless - I think this is just amazing in so many ways. I think it speaks volumes about the older female artist, and everything that resides in her heart and her spirit. Absolutely beautiful!

Corby
05-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Sometimes perhaps...as in a super slick photo realistic painting, perfectly drafted anatomy may be a desirable. True paintings with life and color need not concern themselves. I think this is totally wonderful and would change nothing.

MRSBB
05-18-2009, 01:53 AM
I agree with Claire and Corby. This painting does speak volumes and brings a lot of emotion that we as artists keep buried in our hearts. Just let me say the look on her face is pure joy. Thanks for sharing..........Lenore

billmahler
05-18-2009, 03:59 AM
I'd also leave it alone.
Paulav's point about correcting is well taken. You learn more by correcting mistakes than by doing things well the first time.
I personally don't see that arm as too long. Long arms as a beauty feature in woman have not been given enough attention.
Nice emotion here.

Ronni
05-18-2009, 04:37 AM
I think it is good her arm is too long here, because she is a painter and this is a statement about her ability. It has wonderful colors and broadcasts optimism.

ReineBlanche2
05-18-2009, 04:49 AM
A real symphony of colour and design. It is perfect as it is.

StellaLenoir
05-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Wonderfulll!!! thanks all!!! The idea I had is
A woman painting her life stories ect. I am glad that sort of came through and so glad I got the happieness in her face. Thanks so much!!!!