PDA

View Full Version : quick Dry Cafe 5/17/09 through 5/23/09

idylbrush
05-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Another week gone by.

Had several great storms come through last night. My garden is enjoying all this moisture.

Have a pleasant and productive week.

noodle1
05-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Going Morning Howard and all the Gang!

We had one lulu come through last night and it was still raging at 5am, literally woke me up and then I realized we had lost power at some point cause everything "blinking"..lol Don't know what it's done for the garden, generally when it's that heavy everything just gets beaten down. Poppies starting to pop, I actually really like them and when the daisies come out they look so pretty together.

Well there is coffee, Cinnamon Raisin Engish muffins, and eggs n bacon in the frig..haha help yourselves. Hope everyone has a good day, rain or no rain, and everyone feeling better. Will see ya later.

Hugs,
Elaine

Lady Carol
05-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Morning all.

Mmmmm!!! Cinnamon raisin muffins. Yum.

Elaine, I meant to say yesterday, really nice looking horse. He has a good head. Have you seen him move under saddle? Is he broke? I think that is your next step, get someone else to ride it for you and then get on once you know he is sane :)

idylbrush
05-17-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-May-2009/36241-cheddarcheesebiscuits.jpg
Best I can do today is cheddar cheese biscuits.

OkeeKat
05-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Good Mornin' all!!:wave:
Glad to see you got some storms too Howard, for your little ones in the garden! Those bisquits look soooo good!!:smug:
Hi Elaine! we had same prob with elec nite before last. Thanks for the muffins, Cinnamon Raisin is my favorite!! mmmm mmm!!:D
Hi Carol :wave:
Hope everyone has a good day!!

AMuse
05-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Good morning... I shirked my duties today and gave the kids cold cereal for breakfast!

I'm still working on the transfers. one was too thin... (but I might be able to use some bits of it. The rest are coming along nicely, and I really like the one I made with self-leveling gel.

the husband is in deep trouble today. Last night I made the family dinner (which I wasn't eating) before going out to meet friends and when I came home last night the kitchen was a disaster. hmph.... even if you are sick you can unload a dishwasher... I know... I've done it lots!

he has wisely decided to avoid me this morning...

susme48
05-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

It stormed here yesterday afternoon, not sure what it did last night. Thanks for the coffee, Elaine! Mine is still brewing!

Ahhhh....the old 'dishwasher was full' trick, huh, Kathy? Hope your evening out was fun!! They are so hard to train, aren't they? :)

Got caught up in messing on the pc, and looked up and it was 3am...:eek: Had to drag myself our of bed...sigh. It is so quiet...as the manchild is still sleeping...but I doubt that will last long!

Gonna go inhale coffee and make brunnch...:lol:

Bright Eyes
05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Good morning everyone:wave:

Today is Monica's Birthday:clap: So I'm making round two of cupcakes. These ones are going to look like dirt and have gummy worms in them:D Just stopping in for a quick hello and coffee. I'll check back in later.

Raymo
05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Happy Birthday to Monica !!!

Tell her that CindyLou sure is purdy.

Hello to everyone....:wave:....was close

to 80 degrees yesterday, woohoo !

Almost too hot, I like the 70s.

biddlebeach
05-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Happy Birthday Monica!!
Good afternoon everyone!
Went to church, then to a quick breakfast with the sister and brother in law, then off to work, just got home. sis in law wants to stop down to see the studio,, LOL,, haven't the heart to tell her it is what it is,
can't wait to see her reaction to my space!
gotta get downstairs and get those curtains worked on ( making bedroom curtains), so I can get back to painting!

Kathrin G.
05-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Good evening to all of you out there :wave:
yep, it is evening here already [ 6.15pm ] and I am only now getting a proper chance to pop in and say Hello.
Today was sooooo busy but in the best way possible More to that later tho.....

Howard, looks very yummy
Elaine, hope your garden looks okay after last night. That horse looks very nice. Carol gave good advice....go for it girl
Hi Carol and Kathie :wave:
Kathy sounds like your hubby needs more training :evil: Hope he is making up for it now :p
Susan, hope you are having a quiet and stress free day
Kim, Happy Birthday to your little one. Hope you are having a lovely day. Cindy is just gorgeous :heart: How is she settling in ?
There were 2 other doggie photos on last week, need to look up who owned them, but I know they were lovely too :heart:
Raymo, enjoy the sun
Mary, sounds like you had a good day too

okay, my day........
work was something else. Boss was extremely nice and I got lots of help send from other yards. Was told not to even lift a pike, just to be there and make sure all was well would be enough :smug: :lol: Same this evening.
And remember that I was saying that we might have a new family member by today.......WE DO :D :D :D
All went to perfection and I am now a happy doggie mum of 5 instead of 4 :lol:
Got photos already but wont be able to post them till later.
Fancy taking a guess what it is :cool:
some hints :
#all my dogs are hunting breeds even tho we dont hunt, the new baby is no exception
#she is 3 coloured, smooth haired
#we wanted something small to medium sized, which she will be when fully grown
#the baby was meant to be a breed full of fun and energy to keep up with our Jack Russell. [ Sparky is only 2 and the other 3 are big slobs and starting to take things a little easier. In fairness Junior and Sherity are going on 7, Red is going 5 ]
last hint
# on the intelligence rating this breed is ranking rather now due to it's hunting instinct, but its got one if not the top rating for sniffing :lol:

well, any ideas :)

RPut
05-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Good Afternoon! No list as I am on my itouch so greetings to everyone! Took hubby to the airport early and almost stayed up. Next thing I knew it was 11:30!! Got a few things straightened up now heading to the studio.

Oh more puppies! Hubby talks about another here to learn from Lucky as she is such a good dog but mom says no. I would say yes to a kitten tho!
Kathrin my guess is some kind of spaniel or maybe a hound. Waiting for pics!!

RPut
05-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh Happy Birthday Monica!!

Raymo
05-17-2009, 03:28 PM
A Foxhound ??

Kathrin G.
05-17-2009, 03:50 PM
2 great guesses :D :thumbsup: :D close, close relation :lol:
it is a small hound :wink2:

Lady Carol
05-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Beagle

Kathrin G.
05-17-2009, 04:18 PM
spot on Carol :clap: :clap: :clap:
pictures in a few minutes :D she is as cute as a button and has the whole house wrapped around her tiny paws already :lol:

Lady Carol
05-17-2009, 04:22 PM
What did I win? :D

noodle1
05-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

And :music: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA :music: ....can I come to the party and have dirt cupcakes..notice the "plural"..:D

Ah Kathrin a little beagle they're so cute. Can't wait to see him.

Oh Ruthie can I supply you with a kitten!...lol Have to deliver him or her in person tho, really cute little ones too. I need a vacation and they need a home, works for me....:lol: :lol:

Carol - What did I win? LOL an autographed photo silly...hahaha

Thank you for the input, no I haven't seen him ridden and I'm wondering if he is broke, I never see anyone on him. I'm going to Lori's next weekend, she tells me owner of the barn has been away, I'll talk to some of the people there they always will tell you more stuff LOL I actually would have just climbed on him once upon a time but it's a little different for me now, don't want more time in traction..:D

Hi Raymo, Mary, Howard, Sue, Kathy you can't get your hubby to put stuff in the dishwasher and I can't get mine to wait til it has a full load, just opened it to put things in and there are like three clean dishes, couple of forks and a few glasses, where's the balance with men? Never mind I know they don't have any...lol

Just stopping by to see whose about. Getting hungry think I'll go forage for food..lol stuff I don't have to cook..haha
See ya later,
Hugs,
Elaine

Kathrin G.
05-17-2009, 04:56 PM
come and meet my baby girl :D :heart:
She is 8 weeks old and name suggestions are still invited :wink2:
As it is, she is called Libby :heart: and if no better idea comes up, that's what it will be for good.

in the tiny kitten basket

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-May-2009/113357-Libby1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-May-2009/113357-Libby2.jpg

Sparky adores her. He wont go from her side at all. Look at the proud look of him even :lol: And see how tiny she is.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-May-2009/113357-Libby3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-May-2009/113357-Libby4.jpg

Kathrin G.
05-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Carol - LOL an autographed photo silly...hahaha

works for me :lol: :thumbsup: :lol:

biddlebeach
05-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh my gosh! Libby is darling!! how sweet!
what a cutie patootie! 5 dogs,, whew!
hi everyone!
I have been working on the curtains all afternoon, the design has changed a couple of times now,, geesh,, I was going to make tabs for hanging,, what the He!! was I thinking? nope, not gonna do that! And I was going to have valances, and have as of now, decided not to go that route,(after I already made them) which made the curtains short, so I had to regroup ,again, oy!

just had to pop in here to see what was up. back to the sewing.

RPut
05-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Adorable!!!!

Kathie, I have meant to tell you what cuties your boys are too.

Well, I'm painting, but barely. I seem to be struggling with my attention span today! Think I may go for a walk to get outside and try to perk up.

Lady Carol
05-17-2009, 06:53 PM
The dog is very very cute and adorable.

Change of pace for me. A frog drawing (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563781):D

noodle1
05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Kathrin that's a really sweet looking pup, but I have to admit I think they are all sweet looking. Sparky nice looking dog too! Bet you're having fun..lol

Carol now he's very cool! Change of pace perhaps but already you are acing it! Don't believe there's much that's out of you realm of "doing" and doing well!

Ruthie I get like that at times too, some fresh air, change of scenery, all good.
Hope you get perking!

I've been waiting to paint all day, one thing and another kept me from putting paint on my palette, I finally sat down and now I don't want to paint, in my case fresh air just makes me sleepy..lol Think for myself I'll just consider this day done and go nibble on something yummy and just let the day come to a close quietly.

Tomorrow night is Karlie's last concert , she's been singing since grammar school in their little choral groups, and has gone on to be part of Minisink's award winning high school groups....she's got strep throat...*sigh* She'll go just to stand with them one more time but what a shame. And of course grandma going, someone has to carry the box of tissues for my daughter! :)

Hope everyone has had a good day in one way or another, and has a peaceful rest of the night. See you tomorrow!

Hugs,
Elaine

PattiLou
05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh, oh, oh... another puppy to adore. She is so cute and look at those big paws on such a small puppy.

I wanna puppy.:D Or a kitten.:lol: Or a pony.:D And it's all you guys fault.:p

biddlebeach
05-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Cute frog,,
I can not believe how long this is taking to make three pairs of curtains,,
ugh..

objectivistartist
05-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Strep throat is highly contagious!

bairam
05-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Everyone is so busy, makes me tired.

Hi everyone. It's been really hot here today, high 90's and I've been in the house all day. Didn't do any
painting but I did start a "blog". I'd been thinking about it and after looking at many of yours, decided it was time.

Haven't posted any art yet, but did put in some photos of Leo and a receipe. Too hot to do much more.

Check it out and sign up as a friend.

http://mariasarts.blogspot.com

The biscuits look great and that puppy is adorable as is his step brother.

susme48
05-17-2009, 11:57 PM
The manchild slept most of the day, so I got to paint.:) not well...but I did paint!

Kim, tell Monica Happy Birthday!!

Beagle? Oops, Carol beat me!!

Love your frog, Carol!!

Elaine...did not know you ate uncooked food!?!

She's a cutie, Kathrin!!

Mary, sorry the curtains are a pain!!

Sure is contagious Robert...have had it sooooo many times!!! She is probably out of the contagious stage by now...but you can't use your voice for awhile.

Nice blog, Maria....I see we are fellow Gemini's...this should be fun!

It was hot yesterday, but today it was cold...comparitively speaking....60's. So someone decided to ride in the truck after a mile or so...:) Then he decided he wanted to walk...did not let him go far, but man...we might just win some kind of land speed records...:lol: my word it took forever to get home! Then after setting those records, I figured I would win this years mother of the year award...so I opened a couple cans of spagetti and one of hash....ahhhh dinner!! Had applesauce too!!

Now for whatever reason, he has changed his clothes...he has on sleep pants, and no shirt...says he is hot now. :lol: (this is a child who would live in the same clothes non-stop...no matter what) not a pretty sight!!

Kathrin G.
05-18-2009, 02:08 AM
Good Morning everyone :wave:
Libby says thank you to Mary, Ruthie, Elaine, Carol, Patti, Maria and Susan :)
Mary, urgh to making curtains. No way I even consider it myself. Hope you get done soon.
Ruthie, hope you perked up
Carol, cool frog :thumbsup:
Elaine, poor Karlie, hope you will still have a good time,
Patti, :lol:
Maria, will check out your blog this evening
Susan, hope you will have a better day today. ((hugs))

way too tired, forgot how much work comes with a puppy. Typical Beagle, typical puppy.....very vocal :rolleyes:
think I need a pair of :cool: today. Got like 2 hours of bad and interrupted sleep.......yawn .....need sleep.....got to work all day.....need coffee....

susme48
05-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Good Morning, Kathrin! It might be night here...but I can offer you a cup of coffee before I hit the hay!! Here it is after 1 am...so I need to get to bed. Enjoy the coffee...yep, beagles are VERY vocal!!! I remember!

Night all!!

idylbrush
05-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Kathrin, Congratulations on the puppy. She looks like she's a good little pup.

Rain off and on all weekend which is much needed and makes me very thankful. The garden is responding beautifully. In the last three days the melons have more than tripled in size. Can't ask for more than that.

Not the greatest of weekends for me, have been off-center all weekend long with some intestinal issues. Tried fighting it all weekend but nothing seemed to work.

Managed to get some of the seedlings planted, or transplanted into the garden and the rain was most welcome to give them a good start.

Working on a new piece that is 36" x 36" on stretched canvas and so far it has been giving me nothing but fits. Not wanting to cooperate and the canvas decided to get very funky on me. The first time I have had that happen in many years. The surprising part is that it's the exact same canvas, the exact same stretcher bars, and the exact same technique that I have been using for nearly 4 decades. It has just decided to be difficult this time through. Better be careful or it will be gone. I certainly am not beyond taking a piece of canvas and ripping it off and throwing away and starting over. It's not worth fighting over two dollars worth of canvas.

Overall a very quiet but busy weekend with what seems like very little accomplished.

Glad others seem to be doing much better!

mrs willow
05-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Hi All :wave: I was going to wait until after the 23rd before I made my "come back" but those gorgeous dogs of Katherine's got the better of me and I just had to comment on how really wonderful they are.:thumbsup:
Sandy

biddlebeach
05-18-2009, 08:22 AM
The curtains will be worth the effort, have had a set of just valances on the windows since we moved in here and they were given to us. three windows, short in size. in our bedroom, so I wanted them to be something from ME,, plus I am too damn cheap to spend the money on what they want, on three pair.
call me cheapo, or frugal, or whatever, but don't call me stupid!
we had to cover our plants last night, frost this AM,, and another one tonight. so I got to get out there and get the covers off before leaving for work.
will catch up later hopefully!
ta ta all!

noodle1
05-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Morning Everyone,

Coffee here, juice and making omelets this morning, what's your pleasure I'll whip one up for ya.

Robert yes we know, apparently she got it from someone in school. She's on antibiotics and doc says that they've been in her system long enough, I just found out yesterday. And she's been going to school just thinking it was her allergies, so she's probably not the only one contagious. I have an issue with the school where they will only allow you to take off so many days, sick or otherwise. They either reduce your grade point for being sick, absent or you aren't allowed to participate in certain things, so most kids go sick who are really sick because they don't want or can't afford a to have their grades reduced or miss out on everything they've worked for for years, like choral, drama club or whatever. Karlie's friend has the flu, was told to stay out of school for two weeks with a doctors note, school said if she did she'd be penalized...I kind of don't blame them and no one fights it, just plain stupid to me.

Hi Sandy you're a dog fancier then? Don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you before but am having it now..lol

Sue...lol raw food well er, carrots, green peppers, veggie platter and some dip,yeah I eat raw foods kind of...LOL Forgotten I had gotten a big chunk of
bakery bread and always have cheese so that was what I ate, with a glass of wine, very continental....:D :lol: just so long as I didn't have to cook! haha

Day still grim, and cool, you kind of get up tired when you look outside.
Hope to paint all day and then go tonight with Lori, unless poor Karlie changes her mind. Unusually quiet this morning, no birds chirping nothing stirring maybe even nature has enough round here...LOL

Howard glad your garden enjoying the rain and sorry you weren't the best yesterday hope today better.

Have a good day Ruthie, Kathie, Kathy, Dee, Carol, Mary, Shirl, EP, Raymo,
Sharon, Kat, Kathrin, Patti, Kathleen and anyone whom I unintentionally may have forgotten..see ya later,

Hugs,
Elaine

PattiLou
05-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi ya'll,
Mary we had frost also and 37 degrees.:eek: My SIL already planted her garden as well as a lot of other folks. They were out covering plants too. A lot of the fields are plowed and planted and I even saw some corn coming up yesterday. Wonder how the little seedlings are doing today?

Bob Evans cooked breakfast this morning, wasn't that nice? Sausage and cheese omelet with home fries and I didn't have to wash the dishes.:lol:

Hi Sandy:wave:

First load of laundry is almost finished, have to run now. Back later.

OkeeKat
05-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Good Morning all!!:wave:
Kim Happy BIrthday Monica!!! I hope she had a great day, especialy with her precious little CindyLou!
Kathrin, I guessed Beagle before I Turned the page, sorry Didnt get in last eve to recheck the forum. Glad Carol guessed it! She is ADORABLE.. ohh just love that little face!! what a cutie!! ya gota paint that one!!
Ruthie, thanks, glad you liked the boys photos I know they were on the tail end of last weeks thread.
couldnt seem to find the very first photos of Piper when we got him, so cute, like a fawn with these long legs.
Mary, be sure and take photos of these fancy curtains!! wanna see!
Carol, thats one great froggie, very well done!
Elaine, Hi Sorry to hear Karlie has strep throat, I hope you enjoy her last concert, I'm sure you are very proud of her too! Thanks for the Juice, Enjoy your painting today!!
Robert, once on antibiotics for more then 48 hrs she's not contagious.
Maria, loved your Leo, what a cutie, thanks I followed your blog and added your link on my blog too!
Susan, Hi Glad you got to paint some, Yup I guessed beagle too!! Sounds like you had an intersting day!!
Hi Howard, sorry your having so much problems with this one canvas. Glad to hear your melons are growing.. in the garden. We got the rain too off and on.Now the grass needs cutting again!!
Patti, hi Hope you are enjoying your visit!! ohh I love Bob Evans breakfasts onthe road, so quick and easy!!

Sandy hiya, good to see you, Hope all is well with you and your family!! Welcome back!!

Joe made dinner last night after surprising me and came home with groceries!! wish I knew he was going I had some things I needed. oh well gota run out today for some things anyways. He made Lobster tails on the bbq and shrimp and veggies shishkabobs!! I made the rice pilaf though, had to help some!! mmm was delicious!!

Well, have to run to the store after I get my but in the shower, slept late again, gota get to bed earlier I guess, /sigh. plan to color my hair again and check the motorhome to see what food I want to add to it. and get it ready for Leaving on friday morning, we are picking up our friends in Lake Mary to go with us up to see Daughter, SIL and my little man Mathew!
Also to work on my little rabbit today, did some yesterday, and getting used to the oils, they definately are different.
hugs and hello to everyone I missed!!
check back later.:wave:

objectivistartist
05-18-2009, 10:57 AM
The reason for that, Elaine, is that schools really are not for education so much as body counts for getting tax funding to pay the employees, mostly the administration - so low body counts mean less money, so who cares about the health of the kids [or even if they actually learn], just the body count...

~~Kathleen
05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Well, I had a wonderful day yesterday...Painted and relaxed. This is my morning....I would take the overnight frost any day. At least you dont have to look at it
~~Kathleen
Who is fed up with the FREAKING SNOW!:confused:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2009/92567-SANY0877.JPG

AMuse
05-18-2009, 11:30 AM
well I'm certainly fed up with the snow Kathleen Hmph!

Hiya Sandy welcome back!

My commission is finished! (YAY) and my custom tiles too! now to take photos (when it finally gets light enough) and send them off to my clients. :)

I think I may have an idea for another customer who wants something that I am having trouble making for her.... I've tried three different ways and it's still not working (a lot of work for a wee pendant and hardly cost effective!)

Shirl Parker
05-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Snow! I'm already fed up with the heat!

idylbrush
05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Have a steady rain today. Thank goodness. Even after three days of rain it has only penetrated an inch and a half. So a full day of rain will be quite a treat. I have been transplanting seedlings all morning in hopes that this weather will get them settled in before we get another bout of heat and dry. It is most welcome.

Been working on my new piece and still very iffy about it which means it's either very bad or it is leading into something new. I prefer to think the latter.

Thinker goes in tomorrow morning to get her teeth cleaned, always a major concern. Her diminutive size makes it very difficult and also very hard on her. I always worry when she goes in for her cleaning. It is something that has to be done or else the cost later will only be prohibitive.

Raymo
05-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Good morning everyone !

Did anyone wake up Susan yet, hehe ?

Bright Eyes
05-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Good morning everyone:wave:

Thank you for all the birthday wishes to Monica! She had a blast yesterday. And our little CindyLou is setteling in great with all the kids. She is such a good puppy. Potty training has been a breeze. The only problem I've had is with her kennel. Claudia (my youngest) decided that she like the kennel more. So if I put Cindy in it Claudia waits until I walk away, takes Cindy out and puts herself in:lol: My child has kennel trained herself:thumbsup: Here is Monica and her dirt cupcakes, your all welcome to have one. They go great with coffee!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2009/139098-Monica-bday-1-wc.jpg

Kathrin the new pup is adorable:clap:

Howard glad your getting the rain you need!

Kathleen so sorry about the snow. Thats got to be awful:grouphug:

Robert that is a sad truth about the school system.

Kathie, wow! That is one impressive dinner! Can I have Joe:angel:

Pattie hope it warms up there a bit. Thats awful about the gardens. Hope everyone pulls through.

Elaine its awful the way they have the school system. If a kid is sick, well they are sick and shouldn't be contaminating everyone else. The penalization this is just plain stupid. As long as the kids catches up or does the make up work required I think that is all that should matter. Hope she gets better.

Mary hope the plants did ok. And could we get pictures of the curtains:)

Hello Sandy:wave: Early come backs sounds great to me!

Morning Susan:wave:

Well I'm off to conqure the day! Anyone care to join me:D

Bright Eyes
05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Good morning Ray:wave: Cross posted:eek: Ordering the waterdog book today. Took Monica and Cindy out on Saturday to go fishing. Cindy learned her first outdoors lesson, no fish bait for Cindy! She wasn't too interested in the fish, but really wanted some of the bait. Guess it works for dogs too:rolleyes:

idylbrush
05-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Today is a day for staying in bed with a good book or maybe those 12 magazines I haven't been able to get to.

Tinker wants to play today, it is cool and she is comfortable.

Got three new plants for the garden, a purple coneflower, a new tricolor sedum, and a yellow buttercup bush with yellow flowers about 2" across. Grows to be 4' tall they say but can be trimmed if desired. Nice part is that it is a good clean crisp yellow.

Turned the air conditioner off for the day as it is really cooler outside than inside. So, opened the windows and letting the house air a bit. Always preferred fresh air anyway.

susme48
05-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Good Morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

Sandy!!! Welcome 'home'!! How have you been??? Gonna add you to the list!!

Howard, I sure hope you start to feel better soon!!

I have an issue with the school where they will only allow you to take off so many days, sick or otherwise. They either reduce your grade point for being sick, absent or you aren't allowed to participate in certain things, so most kids go sick who are really sick because they don't want or can't afford a to have their grades reduced or miss out on everything they've worked for for years, like choral, drama club or whatever. Karlie's friend has the flu, was told to stay out of school for two weeks with a doctors note, school said if she did she'd be penalized...I kind of don't blame them and no one fights it, just plain stupid to me.

I know that really got ridiculous even when my daughter was in school (and know parents who are going thru' it now, with kids who had major back surgery and stuff) With my daughter, we had a meeting with the principal. Ended up telling my daughter in front of principal to come in even when she was sick, and throw up on the principals desk until SHE sent her home. Ridiculous! I understand if the kid is ditching school...but not if they are sick!

Elaine sometimes it is VERY nice not to have to cook...I do alot less of it, or much more simplistic when Bob is not here...Mr meat and potatoes, has to have a full meal of HIS foods....but then I imagine you saw a little of that?

Hey Patti...tell Bob to come over and cook for us! :lol:

Kathleen...you poor thing!! What a depressing sight!! Glad you at least had yesterday!! Does your new home have a fireplace?? Always makes me feel some better in the cold, to sit in front of a fire...not that the heater cannot warm it up...but the fire makes me feel good inside!

Sorry Kathy...got you too? Guess you have to look at it as a learning experience Kathy...even if it is not cost effective this time?

OK, OK, Ray, I am up...just had to wait on the manchild before getting on the pc...and talk to the hubby and listen to his day. Then I had to read all this, say good morning and visit with the caregiver, type all this and post it. NOT to say I was up early...but I was tired! So there!

Kim, those do look, ummm...errr...interesting!! Your kids are cuties!! That is too funny about the kennel!! Not sure I am ready to conquer anything yet...:lol:

Gotta take lucky to get his stitches out today...sigh! Another fun time getting the dog in the truck, and then into the vets.

Wonderful, wonderful...as Lawrence used to say (only a few of you will get that one!):)

Love those days when you can just leave the windows open and get REAL fresh air!! Not too many of those down here.

Raymo
05-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Good morning Ray:wave: Cross posted:eek: Ordering the waterdog book today. Took Monica and Cindy out on Saturday to go fishing. Cindy learned her first outdoors lesson, no fish bait for Cindy! She wasn't too interested in the fish, but really wanted some of the bait. Guess it works for dogs too:rolleyes:

You have such cute kids. It wont be too long and you wont be able to keep CindyLou out of the water. Josh used get out of the pickup and run towards the water and when he was within 6 feet of the water....dive in....we used to have to tie him up to a tree after an hour or so. He was good at cleaning up all the debris in the water, lol. What kind of fish did you catch ?

biddlebeach
05-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Well dang it! my tomato plants got it anyway, right through the sheet! I hoe they can survive,, and all my beautiful purple iris's had bloomed on Saturday just to get hit last night! pooh!
Just got home, got a quick sammy for some lunch, now off to the sewing again!
will post curtain pics. don't be too disappointed,, LOL

here are my iris's BEFORE last nights frost

Raymo
05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Ohhhh BB, youre gonna need a riding mower for that yard.
Get some of those water type things for the tomaters. Like
this.....

OkeeKat
05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
ohh Kim those look Delicious!! and No you can't have Joe, He is a good cook, so creative with his ideas, I hate to cook!! :lol: and he's gona be home all week, we leave friday am for GA for the holiday weekend!

Ray what are those lampshade things?? do they realy keep the frost ofa the plants?

Howard, I so agree, did nothing today but read my book, yup rained here too, I gota get a move on and run to the store.
Hi Susan, hope you have a nice quiet day!

Kathy, glad your caught up with your commisisons. I bet that feels like an accomplishment:smug:
Kathleen, so sorry to hear you having snow again, sending some warm vibes your way.
Shirl, I'd rather have the heat then the cold. can always stay in the ac or jump in the pool or spa, but I can never warm up enough and in the extreme cold, I cant breathe with my asthma, triggers bronchospasms.

Printing out some ref photos and some iron on transfers to put on our scrub tops. hope it works as the fabric is dark, will see. the detail is too small to fabric paint it.
cyas later.:wave:

Katwyld
05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Goodness sakes, folks... It's only Monday and this is already 4 pages?!?! :eek:

Cute puppies! And silliness, too, as usual.

Howdy, y'all... I could spend the rest of the afternoon commenting on everyone for the days that I missed, but them Mom and Mark will have some naked, hairless people on their wedding cake. :p Just thought I'd pop in while taking a break from it to say hi and see what y'all have been up to... a lot, I see.

*hugs* for those that need it, and for those that want it, and I'll come back with pictures once the peoples aren't naked anymore...

idylbrush
05-18-2009, 05:10 PM
New plants.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2009/36241-CIMG4067.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2009/36241-CIMG4068.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2009/36241-CIMG4069.jpg

It has been raining all day so it felt like a good day to bake.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-May-2009/36241-rolls.jpg

Raymo
05-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Ray what are those lampshade things?? do they realy keep the frost ofa the plants?

I forget what theyre called. Theyre plastic/vinyl sleeves that you fill with water....the water warms during the day and keeps the plants warm at night. You can close the top if you need to. They allow you to plant earlier in the season. GatorPeople wouldnt need em. Too warm in Florida.

Bright Eyes
05-18-2009, 05:51 PM
You have such cute kids. It wont be too long and you wont be able to keep CindyLou out of the water. Josh used get out of the pickup and run towards the water and when he was within 6 feet of the water....dive in....we used to have to tie him up to a tree after an hour or so. He was good at cleaning up all the debris in the water, lol. What kind of fish did you catch ?

Aw thank you! We caught around 10 cut throat trout. But they where all little ones. None big enough to keep. Monica had fun though. She actually picked up the flopping fish off the ground. And cast her own line and caught her own fish:smug: Cindy was in all the puddles and shallow water. Not quite ready to jump in all the way. I figure its just a matter of time:rolleyes:

Howard your bread look delicious! I think I'm going to go get a sourdough starter started. You inspire me to bake:heart:

Well Kathie, I thought I'd ask anyways. Enjoy your week of great meals!

Mary I hope the plants recover!

susme48
05-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Yummmm...does that bread look delicious!!

Lucky was such a good boy, it was almost like having a different dog...till we got to the door...but I got him in...he got his staples out, and they did not have to mop the floor!

I got some pics of a white kitty....the vet had had one that was always sleeping on the counter, or the printer or the registers...:) but he lost him about 2 months ago....they just bought him the new one! Absolute doll! Got a pic of a puppy with a wierd breed name...kind of like a reverse dalmation...gorgeous and he had just got him at the shelter.

I will put up pics later...camera is in the car, ready for our afternoon drive.

susme48
05-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I think he was a catahoula leopard dog?

idylbrush
05-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Neat book I received in the mail today. The Secret of Rusty Things. Very interesting but all about acrylics, more about found object art.

mrs willow
05-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi Elaine:wave: Nice to meet you...Yes, I am basically the slave to my small maltese/ foxy cross "Missy" ..and Hazel ...the cat who is actually the "real" ruler of the household.
Hi Patti and Kathie: Thanks for the welcome back:wave: :wave:
Hi Kathy::wave: We have been having amazing weather down here in Oz.
It is probably cyclical, but i can't remember such extremes in my lifetime.
There is total drought where I live but huge rains in Queensland have brought water to Lake Eyre and now this vast inland lake (which is normally dry )is teeming with all sorts of birds and other wildlife...it is amazing how they instinctively know when to go there .
Howard::wave: Poor little Tinker (and you too) I know only too well how we worry about our little furry family.
Your garden looks wonderful...so does your freshly baked bread!
So pleased Tinker is home again.
Hi Bright Eyes and Susan:wave: :wave: Thanks for the welcome back...love those mud cakes Bright Eyes!!

PattiLou
05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
What?!? Kathleen, you had more snow? Hope you have Spring sometime in the near future.

Kim the cupcakes look yummy and I like gummy worms. Cute kids too.:lol:

Susan - Bob (Evans) is waiting for you to call on him. :D

Pretty day today, just not very warm. The plants, at least the ones I saw, look like they survived the frost. Mom took hers inside, had not planted the tomatos yet, so easy to move them. There are lots of Iris around the campground and the rains beat some of them down but the frost didn't bother them. They are so pretty. I saw one bright red poppy in the middle of lavender iris, was going to take a picture but it only lasted one day. :( It looked kinda misplaced.

Bought a couple of art magazines so I'm gong to settle back and read them.

idylbrush
05-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Dinner tonight was a simple affair. Chicken sandwich on bread (see previous post with artisan rolls), made a mayo of chipolte pepper sauce (smoked) and a squeeze of lime into the mayo. A few leaves of lettuce from the garden. A side of marinated cucumber slices and onion slices (in vinegar and water). For a sweet some vanilla ice cream.

Very light and quite tasty.

Got my new plants in the ground and waiting for more rain to arrive. Some should be arriving yet this evening.

AMuse
05-18-2009, 09:15 PM
HAHAHA!!!

I tricked Emily into eating a big supper so she could get a popsicle for dessert... the popsicle was homemade, orange juice and vanilla yogurt... (score two-zip in the battle of mom vs. the picky eater!)

susme48
05-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Those of you who are kitty lovers should like these, and the one of the puppy....never heard of a catahoula leopard dog...but he was sure pretty!

Watching the 2 hr finale of 24....love this show!

idylbrush
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Kathy, age and treachery will overcome youth and inexperience every time.

sue, good looking animals.

susme48
05-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Yay Kathy!! Love it when mom wins!!

Lady Carol
05-18-2009, 11:46 PM
HAHAHA!!!

I tricked Emily into eating a big supper so she could get a popsicle for dessert... the popsicle was homemade, orange juice and vanilla yogurt... (score two-zip in the battle of mom vs. the picky eater!)
Tis only a matter of time before she learns the reward is not worth the big dinner.

Cute kitten - I wanna a new kitten

Cute puppy - I don't wanna a new puppy

AMuse
05-19-2009, 09:41 AM
well she might figure it out - but it was the first night in a long time when she slept through the night and had to be awakened after the alarm instead of being wide awake and hungry at 5 am!

good morning all! it's a cold rainy and the front porch is covered in ice.... should make for an exciting trip to the bus stop.

noodle1
05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Morning Kathleen, Kathy oh my snow and ice..yuk, sorry.
Sue..how cute, I found a group of white ones and of course they are now inside. Sigh have to work on my "poor babies" thing otherwise Bob may never come to my house, but he can drop you and Bubba off...teehee!

Hi Carol I don't think I want a "kitten"..lol have a few, want one...hahaha
have a good day at work!

Hi Sharon, Dee, Kat, Kim, Howard that bread looked delicious! Robert, Raymo, Shirl, Kathie, Kathy, Maria, Sandy, Patti, Dances, Mary - how the curtains coming?, Kathrin hope the day brings healing to neck and shoulders, time for it to go away! EP, did I miss anyone..:( Hope not!

Coffee here, little late this morning and some juices, bagles and vegetable
cream cheese spread, and the frig! lol

Sun's shining, oh thank goodness but LOL it's dang cold, guess we get to have one or the other but not both. Some poppies popped and a few daisies.
More things should open in the sun today. Quiet morning, already shampooed my studio rug, er kittens finally getting it..lol
Hopefully will continue to be quiet and I'll paint some more, actually want to
play with the cp's too, getting my pile of tados down to a dull roar leaving room for options, I like options..lol

Hope everyone has a good day, feels fine, no monkey wrenches thrown in to stress ya out, and just an enjoyable Tuesday. See ya all later.

Hugs,
Elaine

Katwyld
05-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Cute, Susan! Catahoulas are good dogs... smart, sweet, protective, loyal... The kittens are adorable, too.

Glad to hear you've got some sunshine, Elaine... hopefully it warms things up!

Snow!? It's May! :eek:

Yay Kathy! :D

Sounds tasty, Howard... even your simple meals are fancy to me. We had sloppy joes last night. :p

Got most of Mom's dress on the topper last night... just need to do the little detaily stuff and then the overjacket thing. This is her dress, btw:

http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/ArtPieces/CakeTopper/MomDressAlmostFull.jpg

Today will be finishing her dress and then finishing Mark's suit (I hope). Of course, Mom HAD to get fancy shoes... which I'm not doing for the topper. heh (heels, not even sure how I'd do that!)

Other than that... got tons to do, packing, bathing Duncan (again), doing painting details on the topper, getting my nails done, hair cut.... Bah...

~~Kathleen
05-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Morning all, am rushing off to sign the papers for my new home this morn.:)
The snow is still here, and I see where Kathy has ice as well. Bummer huh?
Hopefully it will warm up someday(?)

Just a quick hint for those of you that get quick overnight frosts. Cover everything with paper. A light frost will not go through paper and will be enough to protect them when it is cold. You can use bags/newspaper secured with rocks. I used to use butcher paper with weights over my Lilac bushes. The frost falls, so all you have to do is make sure the plants are covered fully on the top.
Later all, I have to get my Tulip off today as well.
~~Kathleen
Who says hello everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day:wave:

RPut
05-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Greeting Everyone!
Kathleen, sorry about the snow---it's cold here too, but not that cold.
Susan, oh I want to nuzzle your little kitten. Adorable! Another cute puppy too.
Kat, having fun with wedding plans!!

A colleague's son found a baby robin that it's mother had pushed out of the nest on Sunday. So she is caring for this little one while the son is at school. I can't believe it is still thriving!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2009/117502-Paintings_161.jpg (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Uploader/upload_image_save2.php#)

They are feeding it mushed up watered down dog food.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2009/117502-Paintings_156.jpg (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Uploader/upload_image_save2.php#)

Chirp Chirp!!

Katwyld
05-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Evil mom! (yes, I know there's sometimes a reason for it, but still...) I love baby birds... they're so ugly they're cute!

susme48
05-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

Kathy, age and treachery will overcome youth and inexperience every time.
Amen to that Howard!! It was nice to actually get a couple decent pics with this camera! I should not complain it is so much nicer than my camera phone...:lol: Just would sometimes like to be able to get some night shots, etc.

Uh oh, Elaine :) It was really hard to give up my cat when I met Bob...and hard to pass up kitties. Somehow all we have around here mostly is abandoned dogs. I think people dropped off kittens where we used to live, but the dogs up the street...well let's just say they took care of them. Sigh! Abandoned animals are very hard not to care for. Tho' I do take them to the shelters now...I don't need any more...3 is too expensive now.

Kat I had never heard of them before but they certainly make a pretty puppy!! That dress of your mom's is gorgeous!! I remember when I had a figure that could wear something like that...:lol: tell her I am envious!!

Morning, Kathleen...have fun with the papers!! I bet you are excited!

Ruthie...poor baby!! How sad! It still needs to grow into its feathers...sigh!! I hope it makes it!

They are ugly cute huh, Kat! Either there were too many for her to care for, or it is the runt? (hopefully not sick) Nice that it has a chance now.

The manchild is still sleeping, snoring away. I so love how quiet it is here, when he is not awake....:) There is just something nice about listening to the birds outside, and not much else, for just a little while...helps me get focussed for the day!

biddlebeach
05-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi guys! afternoon here, got up REALLY early today so we could go and vote before Mark left for work, so I got my walk in and was done before I usually leave the house, so I got time to color my hair! sweet!
I got smart today( it doesn't happen often) and brought up a bunch of mending stuff I have had sitting around, and figured I might as well work on it here, when I have down time,, as you can tell, I am NOT doing it right now,,LOL
had a pretty busy morning and met up whit sis in law and brother in law for lunch, just got back,,finally checking in.
Elaine, I got one panel finished, then Mark came home from work and wanted to move quickly to get out to the in laws place for dinner,, hope to get more finished up tonight after work.. He has a meeting this evening, so hopefully I can get back down there. so close!!
well better get back to work for a while,, LOL,, see ya all later! I WILL post pics, I promise.

Bright Eyes
05-19-2009, 02:47 PM
they're so ugly they're cute!
This is so true. :lol:

idylbrush
05-19-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2009/36241-buttercup.jpg
buttercup bush with open flowers, planted in place.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2009/36241-fig.jpg
Figs, they be growin' a bit it seems.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2009/36241-frangipani_forrest.jpg
part of my little frangipani forest.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2009/36241-melon.jpg
First melon has set and is growing.

Busy day, Tinker at the vets, had to run to the hospital and then a meeting with my co-chair for the FLAG group. Got home, had a light lunch, stomach decided to turn and churn. Worked on the painting a bit and will leave to pick up Tinker here in a wee bit. She will be glad to be home I am sure. Bets are that she will nap the rest of the afternoon.

Katwyld
05-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah, curtains aren't always fun... I tend to make REAL easy ones, but even easy sometimes isn't easy. :rolleyes:

Your garden really liked that rain, didn't it, Howard?

I'd never heard of them till I got to Houston, Susan... then had to do some major reading when I had one sign up for class! Good dogs, thought of getting one, but can't handle the short haired dogs. :( And yes, she's got the figure for it... Bodes well for me when I reach her age! :D

Detail on the front is done! Turned out a lot better than I thought. I'm gonna touch it with a little bit of paint to make that little detaily center bit a little more noticeable, but otherwise I'm happy with it. Gonna detail the back and then make the little jacket. Still having issues with the tie, but I just put it aside for now. :P

idylbrush
05-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Just got Tinker back from the Vets. What was supposed to be a 200.00 bill ended up at 426.00. OUCH!

May have to give up one of my little guys. Getting to expensive. I am devastated.

Raymo
05-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I started a diet today. Wanna lose around 20-25 pounds. So far so good, not hungry at all. I started at 244 lbs.. Now if I was 5' 2", that would be purdy bad but i'm 6' 2" so i'm a little bit heavy. I dont wanna get too big so i'm doing this.

I've been on the diet since I got up....no noticeable difference yet. I will keep you informed of my progress. Oh, I started walking too. After I got back from my walk, I weighed myself and told Teen that there was no difference in weight yet. Asked her if I looked any different. She just kinda cocked her head to the side and stared at me.

Day one....244 lbs.

Later freaks....Disappearing Raymo ;)

Shirl Parker
05-19-2009, 05:33 PM
I'd give up my satellite TV, my telephone, my internet connection, my car, etc. before I would give up my dog.

Raymo
05-19-2009, 05:46 PM
I'd give up my satellite TV, my telephone, my internet connection, my car, etc. before I would give up my dog.

My wife is the same way. If I had been allergic to the cats....I would have had to find another place to live....:mad:....women....oy :lol:

Lady Carol
05-19-2009, 05:53 PM
My wife is the same way. If I had been allergic to the cats....I would have had to find another place to live....:mad:....women....oy :lol:
What's wrong with that?

Kathrin G.
05-19-2009, 06:13 PM
just caught up with all the reading :eek: ...you've chatted up a storm :lol:
Sorry I cant reply to you all individually, but it would take me all night and I better get some work done on a tree painting and the horse painting too before I fall asleep on my computer desk :rolleyes:
So I hope you forgive me. Hugs to you all :wave:

PattiLou
05-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Gosh Ray, that's the same diet I'm on. We went for a walk and it didn't change a thing.:lol:

Nice day today, no frost.

Last week the price of gas shot up .20 cents over night from $2.09 to $2.29 per gallon. Thought that was a little excessive and then today it jumped again... from $2.29 to $2.45.:eek: Is it just here or everywhere?

Cute... more sweet animals, just adorable, even the ugly/cute little bird. Ya just have to feel sorry for him.

objectivistartist
05-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Oil went to $60 a barrel, so is going up bit by bit...

Raymo
05-19-2009, 07:55 PM
QUICK, fill-up, PattiCakes !!!

RPut
05-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Too Late here--Gas went up to 2.39 yesterday and I almost need a fill.Ray I went for a walk two days in a row and nothins happened. .......

Mad at DD again. She skipped 2 classes today. Haven't seen her yet, which is probably a good thing. Dad's not home to referee. I'm gonna go hide in studio.

Had to clean up a little guy at school--I felt so bad. Had a recess accident and so I gave him new pants and underwear and sent him to change. Then got busy and forgot and then realized he had been in there a long time. He finally poked his head out the door and said he needed socks too and then I checked and oooohhhhhhh, we had a mess. He tried so hard to clean it up but there was pooh everywhere! And thank goodness he hadn't tried to flush the toilet, it was FULL of paper towels. {sorry for those that are eating.....just a normal part of the job of a K teacher and mom) I didn't realize he needed help. Poor little guy. He was a mess too. Got a warm wash cloth and cleaned him up as best I could. Then called to get the bathroom cleaned.

3 Days Left!!!!!!!

Haven't even started thinking about our Florida trip....We have tickets and a car, that's all.......

biddlebeach
05-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Gas prices went up here last week, about 30 cents in less than 24 hours,, what a crock!
time to get out the scooter!

OkeeKat
05-19-2009, 08:44 PM
HELLO EVERYONE!!!
ohh I got up late and rushed out the door after showering and dressing for work!! Oh well wasnt too late just 15 min.
Took me forever to catch up, you guys sure are chatty today.

Kat that sure is a gorgeous dress!! is it going to be beige, offwhite or a color like the photo? ya wish I had the figure again!

Ruthie, ohh that little robin sure is cute.. yup so ugly its cute. but I'm realy glad it is thriving!! sorry you had such a rough day. poor kid!

Mary, Glad the curtains are almost done yeah!!ENjoy your dinner!

Kathy, glad you won that round!! My daughter was a very picky eater too!

Howard, so sorry to hear your having problems. Hope your realy dont have to give away one of the animals. Its not good with they tell you one price and its alot more, they outta warn you about that. ((HUGS)) I know your going thru alot with the dental work and the other medical stuff. hang in there. Love your garden pics!!

Susan, ohh that kitty looks sooo fuzzy and cuddly, that is one unually marked dog, but think its similar to one my son had.
Patti, glad its warmed up, yup we have hi gas again and its fluctuating from morning to nite and day to day. up down up down.. nuts!!!

Raymo.. best to get on the scale first thing in the morning preferably nekkid, and check same time every day. well thats what I do.. by afternoon with food, fluid retention etc.. its not gona be accurate.
I've been walkng about mile each day and watching what I eat, making sure I eat good, less portions, low calorie and sugars. Making sure I have a protein bar once a day. March I was 179... highest I've ever been!!(back in 02 was on weightwatchers and went from 141 to 122) now I'm down to 165 and can finaly feel it and see it.. taking it slowly off and hoping it will stay off for while anyways. Realy about changing diet and keeping active.
GOOD LUCK!! gona be hard this holiday weekend, always when we go away I gain 3-4 lbs but lose it within a week of returning. hope not this week.

HUGS TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!:wave:
cya later.:heart:

bairam
05-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone. Too many to mention by this time in the afternoon. Very busy day for me. Had to clean house, which always wears me out. Oh how I wish I had a house that flushed....LOL

I've been looking for a free way to make a web page. I've seen a couple, but it's only free for the first 30 day and then you pay. Is that the usual. I don't mind paying a small bit, but can't afford to pay for software and then
publishing.

This is all new to me, so those who know, I would appreciate all the help you can give. Want to make the right decision before I jump in.

Finished another small painting and will post it for you to check out.

Took the dog for a walk yesterday and he picked up 5 ticks.
I hate those things. He has Frontline on and we picked them off as soon as we saw them. I guess in Spring they are worse. At lest the didn't burrow into him.

You are all so busy with project. This is a very busy group.
Took me hours to read all the posts. Loved kitties, puppies, that gorgeous dress and the bread, yummmmm.

biddlebeach
05-19-2009, 09:50 PM
just whipping up the tie backs,,
oh joy!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

noodle1
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Evening Everyone,

I noticed it went up here too bout two weeks ago, slowly but it's about 2.39 now. Maybe I should get that horse..lol

Oh Ruthie poor little guy. You're so good. Sorry bout your daughter, *sigh*
very frustrating I'm sure.

Hi Kathie I'm more then willing to gain and I think it's probably as hard if not harder then loosing it, doctors answer was eat more junk food..good advice huh...LOL Good for you!!! I'm not even gonna tell ya what I weigh it's pathetic.

Did warm up here too and suppose to be quite warm the next few days, then
weekend more yukky rain..lol I had made myself a promise long ago to finish everything I had ever started, I pretty much did that and when re-organizing my papers and stuff in the studio I found and old cp drawing, almost done but left to wait in between some croquill paper. I actually finished it today and must say I'm rather pleased with myself....:lol:
Now unless there's something else hiding I kept my promise...hahaha

Hi Maria, I hate ticks too. On me or on my dog and Willie on Frontline Plus, and really haven't seen any on him so far. Sorry can't help with the web thing, I'm a complete dummy with that.

Hi Kat, think I missed something gotta go back and check, you did the clothes..I should read better, sorry cutie.

Yay Mary!!!

Well time to hit the couch with a cup of tea and some cookies. Have a good rest of the night and I'll see you all in the morning.

Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-19-2009, 10:33 PM
yippee!! here they are!

~~Kathleen
05-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Love you dearly Ruthie....My grandson had the same problem last year in kindergarten, and his teacher was just wonderful.
So my daughter found out what he liked and sent him a gift card for his favorite book store. Wee ones need all the emotional support and kindness they can get at times like this and endearing professionals such as yourself make the world a much better place.:heart::music::music::music:

Maria, check your PMs here...I might have an answer for you re Google Blogger.

Mary those curtains are wonderful! Well done!:clap:

Howard, give Tinker and your cat a big hug from me. they know how lucky they are to have you, I am sure of it.

Hi Kathie, hope all will be calm and quiet for you tonight. What project are you working on right now?
I have begun packing, and am picking up momentum as I go.
I really got rid of a lot of junk when I moved to Alberta, after leaving a house, so I have so much less this time to worry about.
I live by the rule that when one thing comes into the home one thing leaves.! It works.
(Well except for my art room, but I do use everything there, and everything in that room is essential!:eek:(Least I think so)
Later all, I have a complicated sky to finish!
~~Kathleen

AMuse
05-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Bless you Ruthie... I know my oldest had a few problems like that at school and her teacher was always wonderful. :)

Maria... I know that you can use Google apps to make webpages (no software required) you might want to have a look. :)

Bright Eyes
05-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Good evening everyone:wave:

Kathleen hope all goes well with the sky

Mary the curtains look great:thumbsup:

Elaine its so nice to find lost stuff. Enjoy the cookies and tea:smug:

Maria ticks are awful. So glad we don't have them up here.

Kathie good diet advice. It is all about eating healthy and an active lifestyle. Shortcuts don't work well for weight loss. The faster you loose it the faster it will come back:eek:

Ruthie doesn't sound to pleasant but at least you and the little guy got through it.

Robert I had no idea the oil went up. That means my dividend went up to:smug:

Patti glad you have some good weather:thumbsup:

Kathrine hope you get lots done on the horse. Have a good night.

Raymo :lol: you went on a walk and everything and still can't lose weight? Whats wrong with you? I was talking to a guy that did wrestling in high school. He said sometimes they would have to drop around 10 lbs in a week, so of course I asked what he did and how he was so succesful. He reply was simple "don't eat and drink a lot of water". Hmm why didn't I think of that:rolleyes:

Howard so sorry to hear about the high vet cost. Is it a one time thing or does she have a continuing problem? Hope it all works out.

Well didn't do much conquering today. I really didn't do much of anything today, other than sketching:thumbsup: My house is dirty, my kids look like orphans. Oh well. Guess more to do tomorrow.

dances_with_oils
05-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Evening everyone (morning and afternoon to the time zone folks)

Spent most of the long weekend paying attention to the garden, deck and lawn. But it's done just in time to repack hubby's suitcase as he's off again. Has it really been a almost a month since he got home?

I found a fabulous garden centre today and bought loads of new plant material. We have the most awkward lot, it's dry and morning sun in the front, and sunny with the afternoon sun and boggy in the back. I followed my time old garden plan last year and planted what I knew to be appropriate material in each area. Well... the stuff that should have done well with getting their feet wet - all died and the stuff that should have hated the sun and dry... did amazingly well. Now it's an adventure to see what will grow this year. I planted a rose bush in the front called Ice Blue Lady... I think a blue rose would be pretty to paint - I'll post a pic when the first flower comes out.

Still struggling with my portrait. The subject has a very fair complexion but has spent a number of months in the hot sun of the middle east so his colouring isn't quite olive and not far off looking a bit like those spray on tans. His eyelashes/brows are bleached white blond.. and hardly noticeable. Plus he has this awful 3/4 full line across his forehead (from where his beret sits). One problem I'm having is when I'm up close I can see all the shades, tines and hues of the under layers... I can see where I defined his bones structure and muscle and face creases. The problem begins when I step back... from a five -six foot distance he looks like I've painted him like a Ken doll (TM) - very plastic looking. I managed to tone it down a bit today using first a yellow oxide wash and then a hooker's green wash.

Anyone have any other ideas to fix this? Mucho Thanks in Advance

Nice work on the curtains Mary!
Beautiful pups, Kim and Kath.. I hope you have many many happy years with with them.

susme48
05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Howard, your garden is really coming along!!

Kat....what is wrong with short-haired dogs? Glad your cake topper is coming along!

Ouch, Howard!! I wish I did not know what you meant!!

Gee Ray...IF I was as tall as you, we could lose weight together. I need to learn a bit more than you do, tho', since I am not as tall. Funny how my walks are not going well either...I still weigh the same after all of them. Even tried cutting down on my goodies! But I actually do know what I need to do...sigh!

I guess I am a bad mom and a bad pet owner...would give up almost all of those, for my internet connection...:o ...it might be a hard choice for Bob and Bubba too...but I suppose I would give it up for them...?

Gas is up all over...sigh!

Ruthie....poor little thing!! I can only imagine what Bubba would make/has made...yuck!! Sorry about your daughter...I know it sucks!!

Ticks are all over down here...yuck!!

Mary...those are beautiful!!

Kathleen...if you are still around, check your pms :) Sounds like what you just said to Maria, huh? :lol:

Y'all have been chatty!! I will try to answer more later...want to paint for a little bit more since the kid is actually asleep already!

objectivistartist
05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
great looking curtains, but the hope chest needs a padded top...:eek::rolleyes:

Bright Eyes
05-20-2009, 12:56 AM
I guess I am a bad mom and a bad pet owner...would give up almost all of those, for my internet connection...:o ...it might be a hard choice for Bob and Bubba too...but I suppose I would give it up for them...?

:lol: Nothing like a woman who has her priorities straight:thumbsup:

susme48
05-20-2009, 03:53 AM
:lol: Y'all know I was joking, right?....sort of...most of it...right?...wasn't I? :lol:

idylbrush
05-20-2009, 06:46 AM
I've been looking for a free way to make a web page. I've seen a couple, but it's only free for the first 30 day and then you pay. Is that the usual. I don't mind paying a small bit, but can't afford to pay for software and then
publishing.

Check with your internet service provider, many will have set aside a block of space for a website which you are paying for as a part of your basic internet package. If you are on a PC there may be some free internet page publishers available for you to use. Some ISPs have a built in web page builder as a part of your monthly service fee. Check it out and see. Be forewarned that some of these "free" programs have a very high learning curve. The other option is to use a photo web site or a blog as your webpage and they are, for the most part, free unless you requires some extra services.

biddlebeach
05-20-2009, 08:08 AM
great looking curtains, but the hope chest needs a padded top...:eek::rolleyes:
hehe, it usually is padded, with clothes! I threw them on the floor in the closet for the pic,, :o
not mine though! mine are all on the chair on my side! :thumbsup:
I did take mending with me yesterday to work, got all but two things done, :clap:and they need the machine. so they are waiting for me to decide if I want to sit in front of the machine any time soon! LOL:lol:
thinking of taking the scoot to work today. it is still pretty chilly, but I got me a leather jacket,, so I should be fine. gotta get gas in it too.. sigh,, at least it only has a 1.75 gal tank!

AMuse
05-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Good Morning folks!

Lovely curtains Marry... I wish I could sew better than I do. (although having a machine that works would be a plus too!)

The Man is sick today. I know because he woke me up at 4:30 to tell me!

I also know that he has the same cold/flu thing I had last week, but he needs to stay home in bed because he is on deaths door! (must be the man flu! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE))

noodle1
05-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Morning..Sue, Kim, Kathleen, Kathie, Kathy, Carol, Howard, Robert, Raymo, Dee, Dances, Mary, Maria, Kat, Patti, EP, Sharon, Kathrin,Ruthie - all the fine ladies and gentlemen of the cafe...was that a good cover in case I forgot anyone..haha

Beautiful morning here and suppose to be warmer today, hurray, nice change indeed. Coffee here, juice and French toast strips with syrup or powdered sugar..you guys trying to loose weight, sorry.

Kim I knew a couple of guys who did wrestling and weight lifting, oddly enough they ate pasta, no sauce, apparently it's protein without fat..who knows. Me I try and eat all the natural sugars I can, eating healthy as well puts on weight, so I've been told...lol

Mary those really came out so well, and I love the fabric, they look fantastic, see there isn't anything you can't do either!!

Sue have to admit the internet is my nemisis..lol I'd probably be more willing to give that up then anything else, course there's always cooking and cleaning and running errands I could live without those quite nicely...lol
oh yeah and paying bills...that could be troublesome tho..haha Have a good one!

Howard what did they do for such a bill? I've had Willie in and it's high but holy cow that's extreme!

I talked to a friend last night and I just might be with her help looking into a web site, course she'll have to work it for me..haha or updates may never happen..haha I try but am dense as fog..lol

Hope your day productive and pleasant whatever you do, not sure what I'm doing today, sure painting or drawing will be in there somewhere, but like you Kim tho haven't any orphans here..haha do have some dirt having a party in corners here and there..haha

See ya all later,
Hugs,
Elaine

RPut
05-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Good Morning Everyone! (Does that cover all of us? hehehe)
Forgot to make bars last night for a teacher retirement, so up this morning and made a batch of brownies---don't touch!!! Ok, well just the one corner, had to see if I forgot anything as I just put stuff together.

Have NO IDEA what to do with my kinders today! I am sooooo out of ideas. I can't even think of the book I haven't read yet...... Think I will just give them paint and we'll see what happens. ok that will last 20 minutes.....

Cloudy and cool here but suppose to be 70 this afternoon.
What's the forcast for Florida next week? We will be in the Belleview/Ocala area and then Tampa.

Lady Carol
05-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I had the best brownies the other day Ghiradelli Chocolate Brownies. They are so moist and the best bit is that the come in a do it yourself box.

Morning everyone

:lol: @ Elaine's "fine" gentlemen

bairam
05-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks Howard. You are right I do believe my provider does do that. I'll check with them today, or tomorrow.

Kathy. I loved your funny comment about hubby being sick. I've been there. :lol:

Elaine. I did my blog spot in Google and it was so easy. Step by Step, they have it all there for you. Go to my blog and at the top you'll see "create blog", just click on that.

Raymo
05-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Day 2....241 lbs.

A three pound weight loss, not bad. At this rate i'll be at my goal in 8 days....:lol:

objectivistartist
05-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Hah - that's just the sweat... always the water loss first - :eek::lol::lol::rolleyes:

RPut
05-20-2009, 02:21 PM
sigh, same little guy, same poo..........even shoes.......poor thing.

AMuse
05-20-2009, 02:44 PM
oh poor little guy :(

Bright Eyes
05-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Mornin' everyone:wave: Just stopping in for a quickie. Hope your all having a good day!

biddlebeach
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Aw Ruthie, maybe his momma should be keeping him home for a while? maybe it is a bug.
I was crazy busy this AM, then it stopped completely at noon, had a nice lunch break, then started to get cancellations,, I have nothing more to do till 3.. kinda hoped she then would call to cancel,, and she did!
so I just got home. woohoo!
changed out of long black pants,, into my shorts! lovely,, temp said 83 uptown! strange, we go from severe frost to 83 in a matter of 36 hours..
Mark is going to go uptown and mow the yard at the shop, then when he comes back we are going to work on the garden, so,, what to do, what to do, in the meantime,, paint? or sit on my bum and watch the hummers? decisions, decisions.. I think I hear the hummers calling,,

idylbrush
05-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Might also be stress.

idylbrush
05-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Elaine, guess he had a car payment to make. Been a client there for about thirty years. Now I feel as though I can't trust him anymore.

Dental appointment went well, it is going to be a 1,750.00 bill when it is over. Just another sheet of paper to add to the stack.

The medical bills are starting to come in and so far they are only 100,000.00 but not all are in just yet so still have a bit of waiting to do. Insurance is going to cover 15,000.00 so that's pretty good.

mrs willow
05-20-2009, 05:57 PM
It is the 21st May here in OZ....6.45 am.... And while you in the northern hemisphere are still sleeping I am up and preparing to go off to a nearby town to drop off some paintings for a show which opens on the week end.
It is cold and dark. Which is quite a change from the bushfire season of a couple of months back!!
Howard,I am very worried about your visit to the vet with your little friend. It sounds unusually expensive.....I hope you don't have to resort to any drastic measures.
Raymo....keep up the good work!
Must go ...it is nearly daylight....:evil:
Cheers Sandy

susme48
05-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Well...this was suppose to happen this am...I was up...answered some pm's, and got breakfast...scanned and put together a painting, updated my web page...Bob came home...and now it is almost 5...whew...the day flew!

Mary...sounds like our bedroom...and living room....and.....:o

Love the video, Kathy...so did hubby! Sorry you had to deal with it!

Uh, well, Ruthie...you had said you needed something to do....ducking!

Not quite sleeping Sandy...but it is later here than there! Actually for you it is tomorrow right? I get sooooooooooooo confused!

mrs willow
05-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi Susan...Yes! it is your tomorrow over here! I get confused too. :D It is now 8.15 am on Thursday 21st May.:wave:

Bright Eyes
05-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Susan...Yes! it is your tomorrow over here! I get confused too. :D It is now 8.15 am on Thursday 21st May.:wave:

Didn't realize I was living in the past:rolleyes:

AMuse
05-20-2009, 09:36 PM
ROFL Kim!

biddlebeach
05-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Aren't we all?
living in the past, I mean?

Got to do everything, BUT paint.. but everything else was wonderful! except getting bit up like crazy by the dag gone bugs!!

WAY to go RAY!! keep on losing! just remember, the more we lose, at our age, the more wrinkly we get! ewwwwwww

I already got pruned for my birthday! not mooned, mind you ,, but pruned! ewwwwwww....

RPut
05-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Good Evening Friends,
Whew! Got through another day. But not without putting my foot down and getting my way! (Usually I'm pretty laid back and just go with it) Venting here, so move on if you don't want to listen to me whine! (And I hope I don't nor intend to offend anyone, it's just end of the year needing a break) Specialists (like speech teachers, LD, aids, library teachers, etc.--everyone but class room teachers) don't take kids for their services as they have to do paper work and clean up the end of their year, and rooms, etc. Well, WE have to still teach and service kids right up till 3:05 on Friday. And often see the "others" chatting and snacking in the halls, or making coffee runs. Now once a week we classroom teachers get one hour of teacher block time where we get together to plan for the next week. Well, one of the aids (that helps to cover this time) came to me this morning and said that we would not be having block time. Well she caught me at the wrong time as I was also dealing with another DD issue and my class and I said that we were having our hour planning time. Her reply was that no they weren't planned for it. I repsonded with if the specialists get a whole week to wrap up their year, we get our one hour. And that she can get out books and read to them as I'm not planned for that hour either. Guess she went down the hall muttering that we have a serious problem here. Okay deep breath.
DD daughter issue was straightened up. Then at lunch my little guy had another poo problem (previous post) but was in a different bathroom far from our room, so had to run to the secretary to have someone take care of my kids as they had come in from lunch and in the classroom on their own. Made it through the rest of the day, a teacher retirement party and picked up Hubby from airport, out to each supper and now I'm home!!!

Suppose I better start planning our trip on Sat!!! I'll be taking a very big breath when I sit down on the plane!

See ya all later!

biddlebeach
05-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Oh Ruthie,, don't take too big of a breath,, not to close to the poo kid! anyway!
enjoy your time away, you certainly deserve it!

bairam
05-20-2009, 11:08 PM
God Bless You Ruthie. (((((Big Hug)))))

PattiLou
05-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Good luck at your show Sandy.

Way to go Ray, nothing has changed here... could be all the pizza I had for supper, lol.

I was bummed out by my WIP so I didn't paint today. Instead I went out and took pictures of flowers around the campground. Here's a liitle spot of spring for ya'll to brighten the day.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2009/125378-IMG_6927_IN_Richmond_Peony.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2009/125378-IMG_6939_IN_Richmond_Iris.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2009/125378-IMG_6942_IN_Richmond_Iris.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2009/125378-IMG_6954_IN_Richmond_Hydrangea_.jpg

PattiLou
05-20-2009, 11:42 PM
and some more..........
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2009/125378-IMG_6980_IN_Richmond_Iris.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2009/125378-IMG_6988_IN_Richmond_Iris.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2009/125378-IMG_7005_IN_Richmond_Iris.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-May-2009/125378-IMG_7013_IN_Richmond_Iris.jpg
Feeling better now??? :heart: :lol:

susme48
05-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Really pretty flowers Patti!! Not alot blooming around here yet...all the spring stuff is done, or dying off...people are planting some summer stuff...but not much out here in the country.

{{{{{{{{{{{Ruthie}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I would have liked to hear you telling her!! You really are gonna need this vacation!

noodle1
05-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Morning Everyone,

Coffee, biscuits and juice here.

Ruthie you do need that vacation, Jim vents too because like you he's very
much a good person and a dedicated teacher, glad you said what needed to be said..hugs and today and one more and then "your" time...Yay

Patti thanks for the, to borrow a phrase from F&B..plant parade. I have yellow iris in bud but not open yet and my peonies being stubborn too.
Lots of poppy's an some daisies coming out but everything slow, think they're hesitant cause the seasons are all messed up or so it seems...lol

Neighbor's across the street must have lost their dog, they were calling and calling til around 10:30pm last night. I went out side cause they usually "all"come here but no sign of him. Not exactly sure how standing in their driveway was going to find the dog, they tend to take off, lots of woods and well. Heard their little ones calling too made me feel really bad you could hear the heartbreak in their voices. It's a new dog to them but not a young one, will have to keep my eyes open today maybe he'll come round looking for water or to chase the cats. If he does I'll grab him and bring him home.

Holy Day for me so it's Mass later in the day, until then think I'm just going to mess around outside. Seeing bunches of poison ivy coming up with the flowers, very hard stuff to get rid of without killing everything around it. Gonna try to dig it up where I can as best I can.
And I'm thinking maybe I should as well just have a garden of dandelions LOL they're doing quite well..haha

Kat should be arriving at her mom's this morning, if ya peek in sweetie hope your drive was uneventful and easy.

Time to take a shower, get dressed and take advantage of the sun and fresh air. Will see you all later, have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Morning all! lovely flower shots Patti!!
Just a real quick checkin this AM, am gonna scoot again today! wheeee,,,
got gas yesterday before coming home,, from empty,, high test,, $3.94!! sweet! wish I could fill up the Escape for that!
ah, well, will take advantage of this while I can. looks like I can for at least the rest of the week!
got out garden in last night. planted some peas, beans, zuch's, corn, sunflowers, red onions,, a guy who comes in to get haircuts, grows stuff in his greenhouse, so I am picking up a couple of new maters from him,, although, I can't bring em home on the scoot. so maybe he can drop them off at the shop, and I can have Mark pick em up.. my others are done, I am afraid, left them in, on the off chance they can make it..
well better get a move on! till later then!
hope everyone has a fabulous day today!
supposed to get up to 83 today here, got there yesterday,, so woohoo!

sveldstra
05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Good morning all,
coffee is on here if anyone wants. The days are blurring together. Trying to get all the display details in place for the show so it isn't a big nightmare once the day comes and everyone wants to set up their own stuff. It looks like it is going well though. The add goes in this weeks paper, and posters are up around town. The sponsorship drive ended up paying for the whole thing with a bit left in the kitty to boot, so at least no one will be able to complain that it wasn't financially successful. Now just to see if we manage to get the two to three hundred visitors to the show which was my goal.
Hubby brought home a big load of sand and filled up the monkeys' sand box. It is six foot square and a foot and a bit deep. They spent about four hours in it yesterday. Amazing what you can get done when you aren't tripping on them and cleaning up after them constantly.
Well folks have a good one. Hopefully I manage to check in again soon.

AMuse
05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
good morning all... I had to chip the ice off my clothes pins to hang my clothes this morning!

biddlebeach
05-21-2009, 12:42 PM
AKKKKK! Kathy! that is awful!

AMuse
05-21-2009, 12:55 PM
yes! it is! LOL

but it will be much nicer now that the sun has burned the fog off (I hope)

Raymo
05-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Day 3....241 lbs. no weight loss :mad:

I wasnt able to walk yesterday cause my back is sore. Oh well, at least I didnt fall below the yellow line. I guess it will take me longer than a week to lose 25 lbs., hehe.

Scooter pics please. Do it !

Ruthie....youll be laying on the beach in that string bikini in no time. Hang in there.

Noodles....be careful, that may be the same dog that did the drive by awhile back.

Later, you weirdos....Raymo :wave:

idylbrush
05-21-2009, 01:53 PM
AKKKKK! Kathy! that is awful!

No, its Canada.

susme48
05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Sandy, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

Hi Elaine...hope your neighbors find their dog! The woods are a big lure to expect them to not try out. I worry about ours, more now since the fight...but still don't know if it was them to each other, or another animal. But I do know they are not gonna sit quietly near the house with a couple of hundred empty acres to roam in. Hope you can get rid of the poison ivy without catching it! Wonder if my mom talked anyone into getting her any dandilion leaves before they bloomed this year? She loves dandilion salad...says it's the way she knows it's spring!

Kat, hope the wedding goes well!!

There goes Mary, scooting on by!

Sharon, if this is not a success with all the work you have put into it, I will be surprised!! Nice to have them outside playing...I remember!!

Kathy...more ice?? Yuck!!

Ray...sorry no more loss...tho' I might be gaining what you wish you were losing...sigh!

True, Howard...so true. I remember the one story my grandpa used to tell (over and over in his later years, but we did not mind) about plowing when he was a young man. They left the plow by the fence, in June, put the mule in the barn, and when they got up the next morning, all they could see was the tips of the plow handles...the rest was buried under a couple of feet of snow. And that was just Ohio.

Things here are sort of active...sort of not. The men have been up for awhile, one of them working on a hopeless lawnmower...and now determined to go and buy a new one. Not sure how, but we shall see.

He wants to spend lots of time together...so I won't be on much till he leaves Sunday, unless he takes a nap with Bubba...:lol:

Bright Eyes
05-21-2009, 03:00 PM
No, its Canada.

Thats why I'm in Alaska:D :lol:

noodle1
05-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Afternoon everyone,

Oh Kathy not nice at all! Hope it does get nicer as the day goes on.

It's actually very warm out here but there's a constant breeze. Course in pug world it's pant excessively time, so after coming in from the garden I now have the pleasure of sitting in my studio with the AC on cause Willie is hot...LOL Seems like complaining about the weather is seriously a waste of time for me, seems one way or another I'm destined to be cold...LOL

Hello Raymo my soon to be a skinny toothpick with a head..:D No not the same dog, this one just pee'd on me when we met, wasn't forceful enough to knock me over tho..:D And while the two girls were laughing that he did that, I had to point out he was doing the same thing to them, respectively..LOL No video of that either weird one.

Sharon sandbox is such fun, my kids and my grand kids would play for hours in them, course me too! lol Now they just all go to the big sand box for the summer...Jersey Shore..lol Sounds like all your effort is paying off, hope the crowd tops that off!

Hi Sue, I don't know if they got the dog back or not, feel bad but it's the third or fourth time. They bought that collar and invisible fence dog thing and when it didn't seem to work first time around why they continued to try it beyond me. This road is horrible with speeders to boot, can't blame the dog, they'll run when they can and since they "can't" think or reason who do you suppose should be doing that for them.

Mary that scooter sounds like something good to have, I have to go fill up today and wondering what the price is going to be, yuk!

Hi Kim..getting a chance to gloat maybe...lol

Well time to move my butt in other directions besides painting and computer.
Have a good rest of your day catch ya all later.

Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey Ray!!! Just for you!

biddlebeach
05-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Ha!! didn't even realize I got my biddlebeach sign in this! sweet!

Raymo
05-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Nice looking scooter but I wanted you sitting on it. Do it !

I was gonna ask you about your name. Is that the name

of your town or sumpin ?

Noodles....glad you have some good weather. Didnt you

say you have a really old house, like a hundred yrs old ?

Lets see a pic of it....do it ! ( I live vicariously through others )

Kim-------------------------------------------->:evil:

biddlebeach
05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
lol at Ray,, well dear! it is kinda hard to get a pic of me on the scoot while I am holding onto the camera,, and I won't let hubs touch my new camera! LOL,, will see what I can do for ya,, ( gees, some people are so demanding!)

As far as the "biddlebeach" goes,
that is the name of my tanning room... the street that my beauty shop is on, is called Biddle,, we built a new room to house two tanning beds, then I ran a contest to name the new room, Biddle Beach won,, so,, I ran with it! LOL

susme48
05-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Just a quickie....on our way to Ohio...back sunday. Love y'all

biddlebeach
05-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Have fun Sue!

Lady Carol
05-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Cute scooter Mary. You and I need to got traveling around, you on the scooter and me in the TT (in case it rains)....maybe even go visit Raymo :eek:

Raymo
05-21-2009, 06:48 PM
lol at Ray,, well dear! it is kinda hard to get a pic of me on the scoot while I am holding onto the camera,, and I won't let hubs touch my new camera! LOL,, will see what I can do for ya,, ( gees, some people are so demanding!)

As far as the "biddlebeach" goes,
that is the name of my tanning room... the street that my beauty shop is on, is called Biddle,, we built a new room to house two tanning beds, then I ran a contest to name the new room, Biddle Beach won,, so,, I ran with it! LOL

Is your hubby a klutz or somethin ? I know what you mean about letting someone else use your camera. Teena would drop mine, lol. So you own a beauty/tanning salon....see, I didnt know that. Now I know a little more about you. I used to belong to another forum and I would take pics of our countryside while I was on my bike rides so others could see where I live. They would do the same. You get to yakkin with people from other countries and wondering what their areas look like. Anyways, i'm starting to ramble, later BB....Raymondo.

mrs willow
05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Good morning folks! It is another chilly morning here in Australia...but not as cold as at Kathy's place with the ice on the clothes pegs
We are pretty lucky right now ...although no rain yet (which we desperately need) However, some parts of the country (S.E Queensland) are having unbelievable amounts of rain. Lismore (a major city in the region ) is being readied for evacuation.
We are a country of extremes...bushfires one minute and flooding the next!!
Patti..beautiful flower photos!
Mary...fantastic looking scooter!
I delivered my paintings to the Art Show yesterday....not a large venue. I think the organizers might have trouble fittling them all in.
I am off to stay with my youngest daughter and her family for the weekend...must remember my camera.
Raymo...I hope to hear that you have lost more weight when I check in next week....good luck!
Cheers Sandy
Cheers folks

Raymo
05-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Cute scooter Mary. You and I need to got traveling around, you on the scooter and me in the TT (in case it rains)....maybe even go visit Raymo :eek:

Now that would be fun to meet some of you. I watched a show last night about bull sharks going up the rivers in Australia and attacking swimmers. Pretty interesting show. One even attacked a horse that a guy was exercising in the river. The horse survived. Spiders, snakes, sharks, jellyfish, giant saltwater crocs....you guys have some nasty critters down there. Do you guys ever get used to living amongst them ?

Raymo
05-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Hiya Sandy....:wave:

I'll keep at it, it will come off.

AMuse
05-21-2009, 07:55 PM
No, its Canada.

ROFL!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

RPut
05-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi All!!! Another day is done! My little guy made it to the bathroom this time! Whew! We had school super kids day all afternoon outside and was an amazing beautiful day. Tomorrow is our traditional Teachers vs 6th Grade Basketball game and keeping kids busy and then out the door at 3:05!!! Yahoo!!!!
Beautiful flowers Patti, Love the scooter and name story Mary, Raymo, I'll be walking with ya soon, gotta get stuff off too. Never had a weight problem till I hit 40s and a thyroid thing started. Susan have good weekend in Ohio. Kat is heading to a wedding right? Elaine, hope the neighbors dog comes home. Sorry about the ice Kathy, know how you feel. Hi Willow, Kim and Carol.
Steaks on the grill!
Then laundry and start packing. We need to leave 5 AM Sat. as we are driving to Minneapolis to catch our plane. (Saves about $300 a ticket!)
Later

Lady Carol
05-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Spiders, snakes, sharks, jellyfish, giant saltwater crocs....you guys have some nasty critters down there. Do you guys ever get used to living amongst them ?
Yeah, we have it all. All the world's most poisonous ones...it's a real treat!! We grow up learning to avoid spiders and snakes. Around Sydney we have the funnel web and red back spiders both are very toxic. My house backed onto a National Park and we had snakes in the yard fairly frequently. You just learn to avoid them. As kids we were terrified of them all. As for sharks, most of Sydney's beaches are netted and they have shark patrols (planes fly up and down the coast) so the chance of getting got by a shark is minimal. We were taught not to poke around rock pools as there is the blue ringed octopus that is deadly.

Traveling north are the jellyfish and the cros. I did not have to worry about those. :D

biddlebeach
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Ruthie! yippee on one last day!
woohoo!
Ray,, yeh, I am a hairdresser with tanning in her place,, not so busy much anymore, as the economy has about killed me and there are alot of us here in this little town. so, we all get a little but none of us get a lot,,, lol, but I do get to paint! saweet!
it IS kinda cool to show people the area we live in, isn't it?
Carol,, ew,, I would have a real hard time there,, I don't like spiders and snakes,, oops, dating myself here!
would love it, if I could do a road trip,, but I would probably need a full yer to get to Ray on the scoot! it ain't made,, or I ain't made, for that much travel!
Think I am going to go and sit on the porch and watch the hummers for a while! have a lovely night everyone!

OkeeKat
05-21-2009, 09:32 PM
HELLO ALL!!
Sorry missed coming in here yesterday, Been so busy packing up the motorhome for this weekend to go up to GA and see daughter and family
Hope everyone is well. have more to do yet and now am coloring my hair,
might be able to get back on later to read some of the pages. but am so far behind!! Not sure if I will be able to get internet so if not I'll see ya on monday nite or tues.

We leave at noon tomorrow and will be back on monday late in the evening.
I wish everyone a happy and safe Memorial day weekend!!

Be well, have fun and enjoy your days doing what you love and hopefully painting too!!
Cya later, if not Take care
HUGS TO ALL!!:wave:

idylbrush
05-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Found a plant called Beth's Blue Laurentia today at the home store.

this is what it looks like: http://www.naturehills.com/product/star_flower_beths_blue.aspx

Mine isn't in bloom yet otherwise I would take a picture. Thank goodness for my garden, it somehow seems to keep me grounded and solid at times when it would be easy to go overboard.

biddlebeach
05-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Have a great weekend Kathie!

Howard, love it that you are always finding stuff for your garden, looks like you got another winner!

Gonna scoot to work gain today. I just keep thinking of all the gas I am saving! lovin' it!
gotta get a move on to town , gotta get that two miler in before work!

Ray,, good luck on losing your weight! You guys seem to lose it so much better and faster than us gals, took me a year to lose 35 pounds! still tryin'!

noodle1
05-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Morning Everyone,

Coffee here, and juice and just bagels or muffins this morning.

Howard that's a pretty little flower, your garden is beautiful and I'm happy you find such pleasure and that certain something that keeps you grounded. Think we all need something that does that for us.

Hi Kathie, hitting the road again huh, well be safe it's a crazy weekend round here on the roads full of New Yorkers..lol and have a wonderful visit!

Hi Sue, Carol,Kat, Kim, Robert, Dances, Mary, Sharon, EP, Dee, Raymo, Shirl,
Patti, Maria, Ruthie Yay countdown in hours, Kathy, Kathleen, Sandy, Kathrin, all the gang hope everyone wakes up well and to some pleasant weather.

Sunny and bright here this morning. Think the kids have off today, heard no stirring outside of those who get the early bus. Long weekend for many.

Raymo my man yes I have an old house little over 175 years old now, but it's not all that stately...lol so many revisions over the years before I got to it. Was mostly the inside that I fell for. Would have loved to have seen it tho in it's hay day. And have been trying for years to kind of put it back to maybe what it was....been here almost 38 years and still workin' on it...lol
Will see bout pixs.

Catch ya all later, gonna do a bit of cleaning and changing curtains today, open windows and hopefully just get to sit outside in the gazebo with my colored pencils and doodle..lol Enjoy the day everyone.

Hugs,
Elaine

idylbrush
05-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Elaine, thank you, but, in reality it is nothing more than a redneck country garden.

Hope everyone has a Memorial Day weekend, at least here in the States.

bairam
05-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Good morning everyone. Up early again this morning, just 5:30 on the West Coast.

Had to go in yesterday and take the written exam for my drivers license renewal. When you get into advanced age, as I am, they want to make sure you are still competent.
I guess I am, only missed two. :clap: :clap: :clap: I can drive for another 5 years.

Happy news yesterday, my DD who has been out of work for 9 mos. has gotten a job. Didn't even have to go out to apply. Her old boss called her an asked if she was available to come back. Pheew...so glad, I was getting concerned. Yah....that's right....I didn't want to support her.:thumbsup:

Elaine, I also live in an old house. Close as we can figure it was built in the 1890's. Not fancy, just a farm house, actually more like a cabin. Small has 2 bedrooms, a small back room where I have my office, kitchen and a large livingroom.
The house was lifted at some point and a full basement put in, which is very useful. During the 30's someone added an extension on the living room, to add a fireplace and entry room and at the back of the house they added an indoor bathroom, which we had to redo when we bought it, 40 years ago.
We also took of the front steps which were full of dry rot and built a deck that goes across the front of the house.
It a funny little house, but so cozy and we love it.
One of our GD's is living with us and she stays in what was my studio down stairs. I now set up my studio in the basement. It works.

Hope everyone has a nice safe weekend.

OkeeKat
05-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Quik G'Morning all, did the final packing and the dogs are all excited, they know whats going on.. hehe
Have a great weekend all, Be well and have fun!!
Might just have a chance on monday to meet up with Ruthie on our way home thru orlando!! I hope.
Take care my friends, gona miss ya.
Luv,

noodle1
05-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Maria,

Old houses are charming but boy lots of work. Tracing this one it use to be an old Inn, the barn was on the side where the horses were stabled for the travelers. Is the highest pitched house in this old town, which was where the first butter factory was located. Got wiped out by a tree in one winter storm years ago, and their was an out house out back too..lol Whoever touched the place first removed the wrap around porch which I agonize over..lol and keep hoping hubby will put it back, but so far not.

Has front porch and one on other side of house and a fairly good sized yard so, little more then an acre. Fire place in dining room. Rooms inside stupidly large with some smaller ones like tucked in between, very strange. Root cellar in the basement and basement is also divided into like three other good sized areas..why ???? Larry has wood working shop in one the others just there. Too dark to have used for a studio even with lighting. Like I said there have been so many revisions to this place but the main rooms and foundation is original, they just kept playing with the entrances we believe, moving doors and the like. Mud room in back has a wall put up over a window...lol with a shade, pull up the shade you see the insulation..roflol, it's off my laundry room so who cares. But it's been home for awhile with all it's complications and I like it here. My studio upstairs in what use to be a sitting room off one of the bedrooms, it's big and I manage to over fill it quite well. French doors separate it from a bedroom, and french doors separate the dining room from the living room downstairs, kind of like them..lol
Nothing grand but all in all better built then the new ones :thumbsup:

Ray here's our humble abode. There's alot more of it from behind very angles..photo weird angle oh like it's owner huh? And my "scooter"....LOL Hmm and see need to put the porch swing down..haha Yup all the trees are mine, and there's more too..lol

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/139027-my-house.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/139027-driveway.jpg

Howard I was wondering if you would know what this little flower is.
It's so delicate and pretty, I actually found it in the back part of my yard and dug it up and replanted it. The leaves are skinny and cluster at first then they look like they wilt and die off, the the flowers. My garden nothing special and very country, I like the sweetpeas and daisies and there are three gardens actually all just stuffed, looks overgrown but when it all blossoms it's just pretty. I love your garden! Wish mine would start poppin more..lol

Here's that little flower.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/139027-little-white-flower.jpg

Kathie again have a wonderful time and a very safe trip..will miss you too.

Lunch time..almost but I'm hungry...sandwich's and some homemade potatoe salad and Iced tea if any interested...come on over..lol

Hugs,
Elaine

dances_with_oils
05-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Morning (just by a hair) everyone

For all our American pals, have a safe and happy memorial weekend - you realize we are all hurdling towards the next season - Fourth of July Weekend and Canada Day... where nothing moves if it has wheels and an engine. Then to be quickly followed by the next season - Road construction season.

I started a new piece last night - it's over on the WOYE thread and... ta da... I finally got around to publishing my art blog site... the photos of my work are crappy and have to be redone but I did it... I crossed the Rubicon... no going back now... (I feel like a dork though with no friends, links or followers... lol .. ah the memories of school when I was the last to get picked ...lol...how's that for a plea to add me or add yourself... how dorky is that?)

I'm filling out the papers to register my company name and get my stuff copyrighted... ah the fun side of art.. NOT!

Now about that coment about Canada... be forewarned I have a highly trained attack moose that will have something to say if you keep it up...

idylbrush
05-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Elaine, could they be a member of the squill family? Not sure but it may be a possibility.

Bright Eyes
05-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Now about that coment about Canada... be forewarned I have a highly trained attack moose that will have something to say if you keep it up...

And if you run out I've got a few regulars in my yard you can have for free:thumbsup:

Morning everyone:wave: Bright and sun shiny here. Still deciding if we should take the 4-wheelers out this weekend. Gets a little too crowded Memorial weekend, so still not sure.

Ray I like your idea of showing where we live. And I have now trained little CindyLou to sit, come and pee on demand. Still waiting for the book you suggested to get here in the mail though. And good luck with your weight loss. But your still :evil: ------------------------->Ray

Elaine your house looks great! Very cozy like. And thanks for the coffee:)

Dances PM me your web address to the blog and I can add you onto my website. Good luck with the paperwork.

Kathie have a great trip, and fun meeting up with Ruthie! Eyepaint came into Seward last weekend but with Monica's B-day on the same day I wasn't able to go meet her:crying:

Maria congrats on the drivers license test! I hate taking those. My Arizona DL didn't expire for 50 years! But had to switch over when I moved here. Now its every 4 years.

Here is where I live. Kind of boring and green right now. I have around 1000sq feet of wild flower beds that should be blooming in a couple weeks. Liven things up a bit.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/139098-5-22-09-2.jpg

And here are the twins with the dog on the back porch. Feeding the puppy in the morning is a big deal in my house:D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/139098-5-22-09.jpg

Katwyld
05-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Howdy y'all! Not gonna be in much this week, up in Buffalo at my Mom's and enjoying ourselves quite a lot. Got in yesterday a little before noon after an very uneventful drive (except for Ohio... no offense to any Ohio folks we might have here, but I can't stand that state... the longest drive through, lots of people that either drive way too slow or cut ya off, and more construction than NY I think!)... And now... just sitting on the back porch, listening to the waterfall and creek and the birds and enjoying life. (for a look at Mom and Mark's backyard, I did this painting (http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/ArtPieces/MomsWaterfall/MomsWaterfallFinished102707.jpg) of it a few years ago.

But I did want to pop in and show a picture of the cake topper. Had a bit of a mishap with it after firing... the whole in progress thread can be found here on my own forum (http://www.curtumevexas.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=434), but for y'all that just want to see the finished product (heh), here it is:

http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/ArtPieces/CakeTopper/CakeTopperFinal052009_700.jpg

Now it's the hardest part... waiting till Sunday for them to see it! :lol:

Carol, I've always wondered (and you might have answered this before, but ya know the memory is the first to go. heh), are you 'permanent' in the US, or planning to move back eventually? Despite all the poisonous things, Australia seems like such beautiful country...

Howard, no, I have a redneck garden... you have beauty all around you. :)

Elaine, it's adorable! And that is a pretty little flower, I'd have transplanted it, too!

Kim, a home is never boring when you have kids and a puppy! heheh

Ruthie and Kathie, enjoy your trips... vacations are so nice. heh

*hugs for everyone* Mom and Mark have very berry pie and I know they won't mind sharing... as well as coffee as always...

Lady Carol
05-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Kim, what adorable kids. Your girl is particularly cute.

Kat, I bet you are very excited to see your Mum get married. That is wonderful for you (and them of course).

Carol, I've always wondered (and you might have answered this before, but ya know the memory is the first to go. heh), are you 'permanent' in the US, or planning to move back eventually? Despite all the poisonous things, Australia seems like such beautiful country....
We are dual citizens. We are kind of stuck here until Craig retires because of his disability. No one in Oz would hire a one-handed programmer, so he plugs along as best he can with the current company which he owns part of. As I do not want to stay in Philly after we have retired, I want to go somewhere warmer, we might as well go back to Oz. Craig always argues that a transition to another area will be hard and granted yes it will be but if we are upping and moving then it might as well be back to family. That is the current plan but that is a good 20 years away and who knows what will have happened between now and then. With the economy we may not be able to afford it or I may become incredibly set in my ways :eek:

dances_with_oils
05-22-2009, 04:08 PM
The moose is in the house... he's watching you lot... scared yet?http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/109508-untitled.jpg

Lady Carol
05-22-2009, 04:32 PM
The moose is in the house... he's watching you lot... scared yet?
:lol: That is one ugly moose.

Raymo
05-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Day 4....240.5 lbs.

Noodles....nice place, I love old houses. Thanks !

Kim:evil:....that's a nice place too. Are you right

in town or out in the country ?

Kat:cat:....great job on the cake topper !

Later....artdorks....Raymondo :cool:

~~Kathleen
05-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Dances where is that Moose statue?
Calgary had the "Painted Cow" thing a while back and it was so much fun.

We might joke about Moose, but they can be very dangerous while in rut.
Here is a pic of a car that was attacked by a Moose last year. The driver got out alive, but was seriously injured when the Moose attacked.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/92567-Moose_attack.JPG
The Moose died. You can see his Hooves and part of his head (antlers) in the car where he fell in after tearing the roof off. In our area, during the Fall if you see a moose, you get away as far and fast as possible or take shelter in a safe place (if you can find one). They are very dangerous and will attack anything that they smell and or moves in their territory.

Four days here with no frost, and it is shirt sleeve weather all next week.
Happy traveling to those of you that are going away. Kat, Kathie and Ruthie, have a wonderful time. Waving Hello to Patti (wherever you are ).

My old home was a "Sears Kit home" and I loved it. I will take pics of the new place as soon as it is placed.

Howard, as usual love the garden and am especially tickled to watch your fruits grow, as well as the Fig Tree.

Kat that topper is really neat. Have a good time at the wedding.
Dont forget a pic of the cake with the topper please.

Kim great pic of the wee ones, and I will just bet that "Double trouble" really means a lot at your home. Gosh they're cute.

Maria....Am so happy about your daughter & being called back to work, one less thing to worry about isn't it? I checked your blog and added myself as a follower.
Love all your art.

I posted (I thought) the last two days, but somehow the old powers that be decided not to show them, so if I seem lax, I do have a reason.

I packed up my art room last night :crying:, so no painting for me for a couple of weeks 'till I get settled.
The people that bought my condo want to be able to move in on the 15th of June, so I am really getting into it.
I am so lucky, I never even got a chance to list it, The peeps that bought it are the parents of my favorite Restaurant owner, so they phoned me as soon as I told their daughter that I was moving. Saved a whole lot of fees (Realtor) and transfer fees with the exception of a Lawyer (local) that is working with us all together. The buyers are paying cash, and as I had no mortgage here, everything is wonderfully simple.
Total costs to all of us (lawyer only) is going to be less than $900.00 :smug:
Works out to $450.00 for each of us.
As I have only owned it for two years, we didn't even have to do what is called a Land titles search on it.

Carol are you going to get Mega riding in this weekend? Hope so, Give Maddie a scratch behind the ears and a wee lump of sugar from me.
That is about it for now all.
~~Kathleen
Who says hi to Everyone, and warns Raymo, that even though there is going to be less of him, we will always know he is capable of more!

AMuse
05-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Good afternoon/evening folks!

well I had a really busy day today. The week had flown by.

The weather is finally getting good and we will be working in the garden tomorrow to get it ready for seeding. If we can get some seeds in tomorrow it's supposed to rain on Sunday so that will give everything a great start!

I'm working on new fun painting - with lots of fun techniques. I will try to get a pic up to show you soon.

:)

noodle1
05-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Evening Everyone,

Howard I think you are right! I would never have known. Apparently they are usually blue but can be white, purple. And it figures I was attracted to it they are part of the lily family,Liliaceae and there are over 90 species found in woodlands, sub alpine meadows and seashores across the old world..
thank you soooo much!

Kim love your home and your kids, so cute! You're kind of cute yourself..lol
Hubby a real doll. :D Okay that's all the sugar I got....:lol: :lol: but I mean it.
Did you build or it was already there?

Dances sorry but have to agree with Carol that one ugly moose..lol
Cool tho...lol

Kathleen that is something else I never knew they were that aggressive, poor thing tho. Happy to hear the one driving made it out okay, what must have been going through his head...yowwwie.

Kat they look really good "dressed up" oh I'll bet your mom will cry. You did a fine job on these and apparently the oven mishap was nothing you couldn't handle (which we all know there is very little you can't handle) cause you'd never know. Have a wonderful time, wish your mom and her wonderful hubby to be many blessings for a very happy future together from me. Enjoy kiddo..hugs

You're welcome Raymo my man. Looks smaller then it is believe me when ya start cleaning it I wish it were, always room for company if they're not allergic to cats that is like poor Bob. Are you close to your goal, I actually forgot how much you said you wanted to loose, keep at it!

Well just finished dinner and going to paint some, long weekend with really no plans to do much of anything, guess birthday party plans not happening but I'm still going to take a run out and see about that horse and what's the story on him.

Kathy sounds like you're having some fun, can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve.

To Everyone have a good Memorial Day weekend, have some fun, be safe I'll see ya later more then likely but if not enjoy yourselves whatever you do.

Hugs,
Elaine

idylbrush
05-22-2009, 09:28 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/36241-bethsblue1stflower.jpg
The first blooms opened today on the Beth's Blue
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/36241-framingconcept.jpg
A new framing idea I am working on. The canvas is flush mounted with the frame. I am wanting to refine the frame a bit more but this is basically the prototype.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/36241-leaves.jpg
This is the largest this caladium has ever been. In the past I was lucky to get three leaves but this year it is phenominal.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/36241-newgrass.jpg
This is hedgehog grass. I started these from seeds and transplanted them yesterday. Lots of rain and overcast skies so they have a chance to adjust. Hope they make it.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-May-2009/36241-swordcaladium.jpg
This is a sword caladium since it doesn't have the arrowhead shape to it.

At the home store this evening they had a 50% off the list price for the spring bulbs so I got a package of 10 caladiums and 20 peacock orchids for 6.00 and a few cents. What a deal.

I slept most of today. Having a bit of a time with my stomach and some pain issues. The new meds are helping but not covering it all.

Kathrin G.
05-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Good Morning everyone :wave:
Its been so long since I got a chance to pop in here :eek: Spend ages reading up on all your new.
I dont know what your Memorial Day is about, so going to look it up in a bit. But to all you who are celebrating it, have a lovely day / weekend :)
I see lots of you are off travelling to places, have a good trip and be safe on the road.
Kim and Elaine, some gorgeous houses you have. Love the scooter Mary.
I like the Moose statue, but boy do I not like that photo of the car damaged by one :eek: Great job on the cake topper Kat :clap:
Elaine, I think I got the same flower. But I need to check.
Howard, that little beauty you got gets absolutely covered in those flowers. It is an amazing bloomer, you will love it.
Hope you get to feel better soon.
Not feeling great myself lately. Had to take anti-inflammatory tablets for my back/neck/shoulders and I think they affected my tummy. Stopped taking them Thursday and feeling a bit brighter today.
My oldest is gone of training and the youngest is playing PlayStation. It is raining outside, so the day aint good for much else. Thomas will be soaked wet when training is over.
My camera is giving trouble :crying: I wouldn't mind, but its a Nikon D80 I got brought back from America by a friend :( I am not even sure that it is the camera, think it might be only the lens. Hopefully.
Libby is settling in nicely. She is the most energetic puppy ever. Think we got more than what we bargained for :lol: Well able to keep up with Sparky already, so it works out great that way.
I am off trying to do a bit of painting. Hugs to you all :wave:

biddlebeach
05-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Morning everyone!
I had hoped to have the day off today,but I got a call last night asking me to work today, How can I say no? the other gal had her mom pass away quite suddenly last week while having hernia surgery.. so, off I go this AM.
I must admit, I am disappointing, but I will deal.
Howard, I bought some of those caladium to put in my shade garden I am hoping to get in this weekend, they are very pretty! I hope mine make it.
I am not sure if I am gonna scoot this morning or not. I may have to git the grocery store to pick up stuff for broccoli salad and may not have enough room in the trunk for it. hey, got 4 days in a row with the scoot,, not bad!
better get a move on,,
talk to ya all later!
have a great one!

AMuse
05-23-2009, 10:59 AM
good morning all - it's a beautiful morning and it's going to be a beautiful week. the girls and I are going to garden today, and the man is going to do car and bike maintenance. (the girls are DYING to ride their bicycles LOL)

the coffee tastes good and I even slept in a wee bit today. I'm really looking forward to getting out in the sun today :D

idylbrush
05-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Mary, they are lovely plants and quite colorful. You may need to treat them as annuals or dig them up and store them for the winter. Have a feeling the cold might do them in.

Got the caladiums planted last night and the peacock orchids planted this morning.

Bright Eyes
05-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Morning everyone:wave: Tea, reindeer sausage, eggs and toast if anyone is hungry.

Kat I hope you have a great time! The toppers look great. I'm sure your mom is going to love them!

Carol, thank you! I think because Claudia is so clumsy and scrawny that she really hits that maternal instinct with a lot of ladies:heart: Oz sounds facinating. I've always wanted to go there. One of these day's I'm going to take my dad down there. His best friend owns a big ranch (not sure where) down there. He was going to move down after my parents divorce but didn't want to split the kids. But I know he is till aching to visit!

Dances, Candadians sure know how to "dress" their moose!

Raymondo:evil: We live right in town. We're staying here for a couple more years. Then we're getting something further out with 10 acres or so. We need to build big sheds for our company vehicles and sheetrock but can't do it in this neighborhood (I mean why can't we build a shed bigger than the house, it doesn't look that bad:D ). We've been eye balling some really good ocean lots:smug:

Kathleen that is one nasty wreck! Moose are very dangerous. We get the momma and baby moose in our yard all the time. Only once had a bull.

Kathy have fun with the painting! Sounds interesting.

Elaine your too kind:D We didn't build this one because we where kind of in a rush to get a house. We where going to buy the house across the street. On that one we did all the hanging, taping, texturing ourselves, had a bunch of upgrades added, then backed out 10 days before closing because my husbands boss moved the company to Lousianna (it was after the whole Katrina thing and there was lots of work). So we moved to Lousiana, realized it sucks, came back and Frank started his own company. The builders with the house we backed out of where almost done with this one when we came back and discounted us for the work we put into the one across the street. It all worked out in the end.

Kathrin hope your camera starts working better. We need some pics of the pup!

Howard I like the frame. I have a friend who is doing something similar. She puts matting in the frame then floats the canvas about a half inch or so away from the frame. So you can see the the matting underneath. Looks really nice.

Mary have a good day:wave:

Worked with little CindyLou this morning. She is getting her training down so well:smug: Decided not to go out for labor day weekend. Folks from Anchorage come into the Wasilla area and everything is too crowded. Which is fine because I really need to get some painting done. Kind of hard when its sooo nice out, but oh well.

Bright Eyes
05-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Just ordered some guilding supplies:clap: :clap: :clap: Now to wait for the stuff to arrive:rolleyes:

idylbrush
05-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Kim, there are some really good books on gilding out there. I have been intending to do a short vid for youtube but lost the dang roundtoit. Need to find that one.

noodle1
05-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Afternoon everyone,

Big thunderstorm on it's way so all activity outside stopped. Mark, my son, came and got his boat so Larry's got a big tent to store all his toys for the summer again..lol I was just trying to do some weeding, had painted most of the morning, should have gone out sooner..lol

Kim I have a couple of friends who moved to Lousiana and got hit with Katrina, and yes lots of work there and still more that few hear about. Never been there myself. Discount when buying a house always a good thing. My girlfriend had her own real estate business so when we were looking to move she found us this one, regardless of the market if we were to sell we couldn't complain much, this one cost us 45,9..the previous owners were keeping two houses going at the same time which was becoming a strain, so
in a sense ours was discounted nicely too. Even in this market the profit margin would be mind boggling...LOL So I guess it's all timing..haha

Kathrin sorry you're still not up to par and the camera isn't either. Have a hug on two counts.

Oooh getting really dark here, should go close the windows :( and perhaps shut this down as well til it passes. Probably loose satellite too, want to go back to painting so hopefully not the lights...haha can live without the other two..lol

Have a good rest of the day folks, thunder in the distance..later then.

Hugs
Elaine

Kathrin G.
05-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Kim, glad to hear the training of CindyLou is going well :clap: How old is she now ? Bet your kids are mad about her :)
I didn't do anything with Libby yet. Getting her used to her name and settling her with the other 4 is right now priority. She is just too damn brave and careless all around :lol: They are all doing good together, but I got to be extra careful with Sherity, my Greyhound Lady. She is nearly 7 and was never around puppies, never mind one what is barely rabbit sized. Sparky was about 1 year already when they met and he is well able to stand up to her :eek: :lol: Libby is a different matter.

We x-posted Elaine :wave: Hope the storm passes soon and that it doesn't affect anything in the house. Happy painting :)

Bright Eyes
05-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Kim, there are some really good books on gilding out there. I have been intending to do a short vid for youtube but lost the dang roundtoit. Need to find that one.

I currently have "Vasari on Technique". Not much for pictures but has great how to's on the process. Any you could recomend would be great. I don't know anyone local who does guilding so I'm going to be using the trial and error method:rolleyes:

Kathrine Cindy is 8 weeks. The breeder was already starting with potty training and basic commands so I figured it best to keep up with the program. She is doing really well. The kids love her! I'm so glad we decided to get a dog. She is the highlight to their day. Monica no longer sleeps in her room, she makes herself a bed next to the kennel everynight:smug:

Elaine yes there was lots of work, but it pays awful. Alaska has one of the highest (after you factor out workmans comp, licensing and such) pay rates, if not the highest, for construction. Lousiana is a low income state. Making good money there is like working for free in Alaska. There is plenty of work. Frank basically worked twice as hard and earned half as much. Wasn't really worth it for us. So we high tailed it back to Alaska.

~~Kathleen
05-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Kim, the absoluteute best advise on guilding that I have found is on Calligraphy sites. Seems that they use a lot with First letters etc. I have found that the ones (forums) from England are the absolute best, as Calligraphy is very big over there.
Hope this helps.
I have been reading, but almost no time to reply. Am packing up a storm as we speak! :wave:
Have a good one all.
~~Kathleen
Hope all the babies (pups & children are enjoying their day!)

Kathrin G.
05-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Kim, the puppy girls are the same age so :D Well, Libby is turning 9 weeks this Sunday. Potty training is easy enough here, she just copies Sparkies routine :lol: Really got to start basic training commands tho now too :)

*dee*
05-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi y'all! :wave:

There is so much here I have missed while my dad was staying with me! :crying:

But I only get to see him for a couple of weeks a year...I need to make every minute with him count.

He headed for Maine at 5 am this morning, I was a bit late for work from seeing him off. I'm hoping that he'll stop in on his way back to Florida in the fall instead of making us wait until next spring to see him again.

My house is pretty quiet this afternoon. :(

Kathrin G.
05-23-2009, 06:15 PM
((Hugs)) to you Dee ((hugs))

~~Kathleen
05-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey Dee, it is so good to see you!
I am so happy that you had a good visit with your father. Time is all too short and I am sure that all the time you spent with him was well spent.:heart:

Don't be :crying:, Everytime he leaves, you have a good reason for his next return.:music::music:
'sides, we will try our best to keep you happy!:wave:
Now get in the kitchen and bang a few pots together, and make a good NOISE!:evil:

Kathrin G.
05-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Saturday is nearly over here already again. It was an uneventful day, which was great for me :D I think I got my horse portrait as good as finished :smug: Only the name tag on his headcollar left, but I will take it into work tomorrow and show it to the manager of the stallion yard first. If he recognizes the stallion, I can safely add the name :p :lol: if he doesn't.....well I guess I got more work to do yet :cool: Will post it here in a minute too for general C+C.
Finally tracked down my art supply order. I am expecting it now to arrive on Monday, over a week and a half late :mad:
Hope you are all having a good day :wave:

biddlebeach
05-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Lordy, I am totally pooped!
worked this AM at the motel, got done, came right home and got into a project I had wanted to start this season, thought, no time like the present,, ( what the HE!! was I thinking??) I had Mark kill off some grass under a few trees we have, thought I would make us a shade garden with hosta's and ferns and the like.. I started to TRY to get rid of the grass, and get into the dirt below,, holy moly, that dirt is so hard!! and closely stuck together!
so, I thought, okay, well, I will just take this a small part at a time, and was doing fine! until hubby felt sorry for me, ( sweet!) so he got a pick out and started to try to rip up the sod to get us started,,
5 hours later, we are almost done with ripping out the sod, and getting it ready for planting! BUT, I had to dig up some daffodils and replant them, and I DID get that done and got my caladiums in.. now,, in my leisure,, ( yeh, right) I can dig up and replant some hosta's and ferns.. THEN add the paper and bark mulch to it all.. will post pics when I get em.. not near as nice as Howards, but hopefully they will all grow!

Lady Carol
05-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi Guys finally popping for a brief visit.

Hubby saw a documentary on Lost by Charlie Rose. Well we never got into Lost, mostly because we did not know it was on until it was in the second series. So we never watched it. Any way he bought the first 4 seasons and we have been watching it. It is not bad, at all.

No horse today but off tomorrow to beat him up and down the arena and try and work out some of his energy. No don't gasp, it is a figurative "beat" not a physical one. I could not do that to him. Although I do have to work on the walk to canter transition. He knows it and is a little lazy for the right lead transition. For the left lead he does it consistently. There may be a bit of crop action on his left hind.

AMuse
05-23-2009, 11:01 PM
good evening folks. Well we got the gardens all dug up and the compost added. (the girls worked really hard and just collapsed into bed tonight). The best part of the day though was when we took the old seedheads from last years sunflowers and sat around chatting while we got the seeds out of them! It was a really great family moment. :)

one bad thing about having pneumonia last year was that the garden needed a whole lotta work this year to get ready to plant.!!! :eek:

the good part is that I have two little girls who love to help mom so they hauled and carried and raked up stuff while I did the heavy digging.... mommy has a tired back tonight! LOL