PDA

View Full Version : watchfull eye

justinhawthorne
05-16-2009, 01:31 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-16-2009/187968_DSCF0180(1).JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: watchfull eye
Year Created:
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 18x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
HI, I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK AS THIS IS MY SECOND TIME USING PASTELS, ANY POINTERS WILL BE APPRECIATED.THANKS

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
how should i contrast the subjects shoulder with the background, should it be a definite edge or soft?<br>also should i darken the body to the left of its face?

tgsloth
05-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Suggest that the edge should be soft. A definite edge gives the feeling of a cut-out. And I further think you should darken the body as you suspect. The left side of the body and the right seem mismatched and, anyway, a darker body will shift more attention to the face, where you want it.

justinhawthorne
05-16-2009, 04:38 PM
thanks bob for advice, I will darken the left part to match and like you say this will highlight the face...I will get it online again soon..thanks....ah yes checked out your work, was drawn to the 'welder' brilliant.

La_
05-17-2009, 03:04 AM
:lol: Wonderful, made me laugh, he's quite a character, love that :lol:

i agree with tg, and will add a note that could be just me ... he's got a third eye between the usual two ... pulls my eye ... again, could be just me?

otherwise very cool, love it :thumbsup:

la

justinhawthorne
05-17-2009, 05:01 PM
its good to know it it made you smile,see what you mean about the middle eye...makes him all the more watchfull!:wink2: