PDA

View Full Version : Dear Monster Lovers

tgsloth
05-16-2009, 09:12 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-16-2009/124239_Banner_copy.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Dear Monster Lovers
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 2.5 x 3.5 (aceo)
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
From those who waded through my 50 Artomat Monster paintings, I got a lot of questions as to where the monsters would appear and how I might exploit the series. On the Artomat side, I've been informed that so far, two venues have been selected for Monsterization: The Chambers Art Hotel in Minneapolis and the Whitney Museum in NYC (yeah, baby, the Apple). I also feel that the on line sales world is tough when you don't have a particular specialization which is my normal state. Having monsters, now, I set up an Etsy store. Etsy presently lists 190,000 paintings (well, plus 33 with mine) but they sell a lot. Really a lot. So you could take a look at my store (the link is at the bottom below my website) and consider if an Etsy store would make sense for you. The posted image is my store's banner.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'd love to hear of any member's on line sales stretegy.

mooz49
05-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Dear Bob
I'm not a monster lover but I didn't like seeing your thread so far down the page with all those views and no comments especially when you are one of the best at commenting on other folks threads.
I don't have an on line sales strategy so sorry ....I can't advise you ...... But I will say your monsters do look good all lined up in the Etsy store! :thumbsup: