GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The House Key
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 5
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I am trying to get pass the reading about how and just do it. I started with underpainting (too heavy on the paint), then started on the key. Initially I intended to "hang" the key with a ribbon, but felt like I didn't make sense.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am conce<br>ed that the colors are too heavy or balanced. My goal is to eventually be more realistic. I feel I have been too heavy with the paint.

laudesan
05-15-2009, 10:34 PM
I think it looks great, just missing the shadows is all.

I love paintings of ever day things, just incredible how something we look at every day, take no interest in, becomes a work of art in a matter of, well an hour or so, if we are painting small. ;-)

Barbie Bud
05-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I agree with laudesan, just missing the shadow but otherwise very nice job.

Cozy Cake
05-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks- I will go back and define the shadows better. I think I will try to put it on a ribbon so it will actually be hanging. I had planned to do that and think it will make more sense.

La_
05-17-2009, 02:50 AM
dimension: 5

5x5 inches i'll assume ... and from that imagine a fully fledged series of key, key with ribbon, key with chain, metal plate thingy with key hole, doorknob with metal backing ... all framed alike ... i could go on ... me think this means i like it = )

la

did i say Welcome yet?
Welcome to WC!

Cozy Cake
05-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. This is a 5x5 that will later include a painting of chards of dishes found in the yard while putting in flower beds. The last picture will be of a brown glass medicine bottle also found in the yard. These are all supposed to be "skill builders". All three will be tied together with the similar background colors. Now how to put the ribbon on the key...any suggestions welcomed!

laudesan
05-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Now how to put the ribbon on the key...any suggestions welcomed!Don't. I love the simplicity of this key just as it is.