PDA

View Full Version : Wow...it's been awhile!

aurora70
05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
I haven't posted in ages, but every so often I'll peek in and see what everyone is up to. I'm not sure even if anyone remembers me, it's been such a long time. I had to drop a note though...I see a couple of pastelists have made it into the 5th Annual National Northeast Pastel Exhibit in Old Forge...my painting "Adirondack Stream" made it in also. I haven't really been painting a lot, I've been taking college classes trying to finish up my BFA, working on my business and take care of a family....so things have been busy! I'll be in Old Forge for the reception on the 12th...I'm lucky to live so close...I hope to see some of you there and congratulations!:clap:

Paula Ford
05-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi Monica, It's nice to see you.

I'll probably be at the show in Old Forge. Will see you then!

DAK723
05-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Congratulations!!

Don

aurora70
05-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Thank you!...and I really love your work Paula!

Deborah Secor
05-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Yes, congratulations, Monica! I'd love it if you would show us the painting sometime, too.

Deborah

Paula Ford
05-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Thank you!...and I really love your work Paula!

Thank you ma'am!

aurora70
05-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks Deborah....that is what this site is all about after all...duh...lol. Okay, here it is....it's tiny, maybe 5 x 7"...it was a test to see how well I could paint small. I would love to try some of the art trading cards. We actually have a fundraiser coming up where I live for the Children's Clinic, they're asking artists, or anyone interested to create art on a 6 x 6" surface and to sign the back. Then they'll hang all of the artwork up and each piece will be $20...so this painting was good practice, I plan on doing several pieces for this fundraiser.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-May-2009/26362-Summer-stream.jpg

BetsyPriesing
05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Aurora wow it has been a long time...and way before my time!

Good to see you have time to paint!
And Holy Cow that is great and for $20 whoever gets to buy those from you will be getting a real bargin! It gorgeous! You should post that over in the Gallery for everone to see and it will be a great introduction to you!